Asana Overview

Asana is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Project Management Software. It is most often compared to monday.com: Asana vs monday.com

What is Asana?

Asana is web-based software-as-a-service that helps teams coordinate and manage their work. It helps companies move faster by making sure everyone knows the team’s plan and process and who is doing what by when.

Each user can create projects using a list, board, calendar, or timeline view. Within each project, users can add tasks, subtasks, sections, comments, attachments, start and due dates, and custom fields. Project and task followers get notifications on changes or comments on the project and/or task in their Inbox. Individual users can see all of the tasks they're responsible for across all of their projects in a view called My Tasks.

Asana is available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.

Asana Buyer's Guide

Download the Asana Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Asana Customers

Uber, Vodaphone, NASA, Spotify, Lyft, Baggu, Udacity, Patreon, Flipboard, Dropbox, Intel, Samsung, Airbnb, SFMoma, Hubspot, Trivago

Asana Video

Asana Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Lawrence Hecht
President (consultant) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
Feb 6, 2017
I like that it integrates with other software. It doesn't allow me to manage projects by hour.

What is most valuable?

I like that it integrates with a lot of other software.

What needs improvement?

I shouldn't have to use InstaGANTT to get a good view of the projects. Also, it doesn't allow me to manage projects by hour. Finally, I want to look at sub-tasks on the top-level view.

I have used it for one year.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.
it_user370497
Director of Operations at Armada Cloud
Reseller
Nov 22, 2016
Great collaborative project management tool but needs Gantt

What other advice do I have?

Make sure to have your team download the app - great way to make sure things are updated on the go.
Learn what your peers think about Asana. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user4365
VP of Marketing at Amenity Analytics
Jul 11, 2016
it_user430878
Project Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
Apr 25, 2016
​You can add pics and share them like any other remark or note.

What other advice do I have?

Don't lose touch with your old methods, because this find product hasn't yet defined itself, so you can't count and adapt it completely. I would wait until the interface and the services bank will fulfill their potential.
it_user348273
Managing Member at Christiano Ferraro Consultancy, LLC
Dec 28, 2015
I've found that for certain clients, it's cost effective for inviting outsourced resources to contribute to specific projects.

What other advice do I have?

For a free solution, it does provide a lot of value. As a paid solution, this can be an appropriate fit depending on the circumstance.
it_user238194
SEO Project Manager with 51-200 employees
Sep 29, 2015
With features such as My Tasks and the ability to comment on team members' work, we've improved our time management and made our efforts more efficient.

Valuable Features:

My Tasks Due date timeline Co-op work Ability to comment

Improvements to My Organization:

We've been able to improve our time management, making our efforts more efficient.

Room for Improvement:

For me, this is a perfect product. I can't think of any improvements.
it_user275523
Co-founder, COO with 51-200 employees
Jul 28, 2015
It provides an overview of all tasks and helps us determine whether we're on the right track within a project's deadlines.

Valuable Features:

This tool is really interesting because I can have an overview of all the team's tasks and be sure we are on the right track in order to respect the project's deadlines.

Improvements to My Organization:

Since we're using Asana, everyone has a better vision about the global missions which composed the project. It's also much better in order to coordinate teams.

Use of Solution:

I'm using Asana for more than a year

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Product Categories
Project Management Software
Download our free Asana Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.