Asana OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Asana is #9 ranked solution in top Project Management Software. IT Central Station users give Asana an average rating of 8 out of 10. Asana is most commonly compared to monday.com: Asana vs monday.com. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 21% of all views.
What is Asana?

Asana is web-based software-as-a-service that helps teams coordinate and manage their work. It helps companies move faster by making sure everyone knows the team’s plan and process and who is doing what by when.

Each user can create projects using a list, board, calendar, or timeline view. Within each project, users can add tasks, subtasks, sections, comments, attachments, start and due dates, and custom fields. Project and task followers get notifications on changes or comments on the project and/or task in their Inbox. Individual users can see all of the tasks they're responsible for across all of their projects in a view called My Tasks.

Asana is available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.

Asana Buyer's Guide

Download the Asana Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Asana Customers

Uber, Vodaphone, NASA, Spotify, Lyft, Baggu, Udacity, Patreon, Flipboard, Dropbox, Intel, Samsung, Airbnb, SFMoma, Hubspot, Trivago

Asana Video

Archived Asana Reviews (more than two years old)

Peter Soncek
User
Past and present project notifications help keep everything on track

• "I love the way it monitors all of the current and past projects, and it sends notifications to keep everything on the track."
  • "This solution has a learning curve, where it is initially difficult to use."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for project management and it is working great.

How has it helped my organization?

Asana has efficient and powerful features. I really like the way it works, keeping all of our projects on track.

It is a well-suited platform for our organization that is providing effective services.

What is most valuable?

I love the way it monitors all of the current and past projects, and it sends notifications to keep everything on the track.

What needs improvement?

This solution has a learning curve, where it is initially difficult to use.

What other advice do I have?

This is an effective project management tool.

While it was difficult to use in the beginning, it is now working great and giving wonderful results.

It is really an amazing product and I have nothing bad to say about this tool.

Lawrence Hecht
President (consultant) at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Leaderboard
I like that it integrates with other software. It doesn't allow me to manage projects by hour.

What is most valuable?

I like that it integrates with a lot of other software.

What needs improvement?

I shouldn't have to use InstaGANTT to get a good view of the projects. Also, it doesn't allow me to manage projects by hour. Finally, I want to look at sub-tasks on the top-level view.

I have used it for one year.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

What is most valuable?

I like that it integrates with a lot of other software.

What needs improvement?

I have used it for one year.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Learn what your peers think about Asana. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,936 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director of Operations at Armada Cloud
Reseller
Great collaborative project management tool but needs Gantt

What is most valuable?

I use Asana daily to keep track of projects and tasks for myself and my team. Simple dashboard provides information at a glance - very helpful for keeping things moving in daily standing meetings.

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized project and task tracking keeps our teams accountable without progress and updates being lost in email or conversation.

What needs improvement?

If Gantt charts were implemented, this would be a near perfect project management solution.

5 years

What other advice do I have?

Make sure to have your team download the app - great way to make sure things are updated on the go.

VP of Marketing at Amenity Analytics
Review about Asana

Valuable Features:

The structure of organizing tasks is ideal for me.  I've used a variety of project management tools like Basecamp and they aren't nearly as intuitive.

Improvements to My Organization:

One page of glass for the entire marketing team to get all the information they need, even if they didn't attend any of the meetings.  Great for historical archiving as well as new tasks.

Room for Improvement:

I haven't reached the point where I've maximized the functionality or was looking for something that wasn't there. I recently started using the API with Slack, but haven't seen any issues so far.

it_user430878
Project Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
​You can add pics and share them like any other remark or note.

Valuable Features:

You can add pics and share them like any other remark or note.

Improvements to My Organization:

Since we embedded  this product in our work flow allowed us to cut tasks just from the characterization process to the immediate scopes.

Room for Improvement:

They should take more steps forward in all modules that relate to employees management. They have all the information so they should offer more advanced data mining tools, and even some simple tools such as task timer etc.

Deployment Issues:

We had no deployment issues.

Stability Issues:

There have been no issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

We have had no issues scaling this for our needs.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

They always keep the feel of being in a Beta version, and every new feature requires money.

Other Advice:

Don't lose touch with your old methods, because this find product hasn't yet defined itself, so you can't count and adapt it completely. I would wait until the interface and the services bank will fulfill their potential.

Managing Member at Christiano Ferraro Consultancy, LLC
I've found that for certain clients, it's cost effective for inviting outsourced resources to contribute to specific projects.

What is most valuable?

The visual thumbnails for viewing appended image files to a project are very helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

For certain clients, this is a cost effective means of inviting outsourced resources to contribute to specific projects.

What needs improvement?

When evaluating project management software, the fundamental requirement I consider remains its ability to provide me a high level of view of all areas of the project so I can drill down to what is immediately relevant.

Asana does an OK job of this, but not as good as some of the alternatives out there.

One year.

No, deployment is very straightforward.

No stability issues so far.

No scalability issues so far. Admittedly, clients that use this do not typically have data intensive projects.

Simple setup.

N/A

For the free version, it does quite a lot so I would start there. Upgrade if the functionality is directly relevant to improving process efficiency for your organization.

Basecamp

What other advice do I have?

For a free solution, it does provide a lot of value. As a paid solution, this can be an appropriate fit depending on the circumstance.

SEO Project Manager with 51-200 employees
With features such as My Tasks and the ability to comment on team members' work, we've improved our time management and made our efforts more efficient.

Valuable Features:

My Tasks Due date timeline Co-op work Ability to comment

Improvements to My Organization:

We've been able to improve our time management, making our efforts more efficient.

Room for Improvement:

For me, this is a perfect product. I can't think of any improvements.

Valuable Features:

• My Tasks
  • Due date timeline
  • Co-op work
  • Ability to comment

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

For me, this is a perfect product. I can't think of any improvements.

Co-founder, COO with 51-200 employees
It provides an overview of all tasks and helps us determine whether we're on the right track within a project's deadlines.

Valuable Features:

This tool is really interesting because I can have an overview of all the team's tasks and be sure we are on the right track in order to respect the project's deadlines.

Improvements to My Organization:

Since we're using Asana, everyone has a better vision about the global missions which composed the project. It's also much better in order to coordinate teams.

Use of Solution:

I'm using Asana for more than a year

Improvements to My Organization:

Use of Solution:

I'm using Asana for more than a year

Product Categories
Project Management Software
Download our free Asana Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.