Asigra Overview

What is Asigra?

Asigra makes award-winning enterprise backup and recovery software that leads the industry in secure, reliable, manageable and affordable data protection. Asigra Cloud Backup works in the cloud or on-premise, for everything from mobile devices to entire data centers.

Download the Backup and Recovery Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Asigra Customers

British Red Cross, Special Olympics, London and Capital, L and K Bennett London, The Commonwealth, Hanrick Curran

Asigra Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Director at Data2Vault

What is our primary use case?

I use Asigra to deliver backup as a service, DR as a service, and archive as a service across Microsoft and Linux operating systems.

• "The agentless architecture has minimized our software footprint at the client level."
  • "It has helped us to provide comprehensive data protection with high recovery rates and a malware scanning feature."
  • "They should improve the malware scanning capabilities, extending it to protect cloud application data."

What other advice do I have?

Asigra is a reliable solution with high recovery rates.
Director at Data2Vault
Features Have The Ability to Protect Many Different Platforms

What is most valuable?

Its automation, security, optimisation, simplicity, reliability, very high recovery rates, and ability to protect so many different platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

It frees up technical resources, because once it is setup, it just runs.

What needs improvement?

More integration with leading storage solutions.

Since 2008.

Asigra technical support is outstanding.

No, we selected Asigra from day one.

Setting up our N+1 Asigra infrastructure…
Find out what your peers are saying about Asigra, Veeam Software, Acronis and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: April 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CEO at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Primary improvements of the recent version are with virtualization and Cloud-2-Cloud

What other advice do I have?

Great product, give it a shot!
Director of Operations at Armada Cloud
Reseller
Automated notifications work much better than other solutions we've employed, and the ability to add usage reports to invoices through DS-Billing is a very useful feature.

What other advice do I have?

Try a 30 day evaluation to test it within your environment against your current backup and recovery solution. The Asigra DS Client can be installed on your infrastructure, and the agentless nature of the software allows for a simple configuration and comparison.
Principal at Blueshift Data Protection
We're able to address most client backup and recovery requirements, but the GUI needs simplification.
Director Technology at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We have got one solution to take care of local and remote protection needs, but some more work on reporting tools is required to get better auto-generated information and analysis from the system.
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
You don’t need to install software on the servers that you are backing up, but the support should be 24/7.
Communications Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Our backup engineers can build relationships with customers as they know their data is being protected. The UI, however, could use a facelift.

Valuable Features:

Asigra does not require any agents to be installed - it's a much more effective (and less labour-intensive) solution than the agent-based alternatives out there.

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows our backup engineers to build great relationships with customers as they know their data is being protected by best-in-class software. It gives customers peace of mind that their data is in safe hands.

Room for Improvement:

The UI could do with a facelift.
Head of Fasset Technologies at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
We've freed up approximately 30 minutes per day which was used to check backup status and change tapes. However, DS-NOC could be improved with a help desk function.
Cloud Services Administrator at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Having multiple retention copies always helps when trying to restore from a virus/spyware attack, although it needs more diversity in Hyper-V, which I know will come in v13.1.
Sales Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​Cloud-to-cloud backups need work, but has support for multiple OS's.

Valuable Features

Versatility It supports multiple OS's Physical & virtual Application aware Short & long-term retention

Improvements to My Organization

We can provide a reliable service to our customers.

Room for Improvement

Cloud-to-Cloud backups.

Use of Solution

I've used it for 10 years.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service: It's very good. Technical Support: It's very good.

It was straightforward.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

80%.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Always keep an eye on the competitions’ price.

Other Solutions Considered

Veeam, which we also use. …
NOC Manager with 51-200 employees
User interface is a bit outdated, but allows us to deploy backup sets quickly and efficiently with no error.

What other advice do I have?

You need to make the investment in training and certification to get the most out of this product. Once you have Asigra, you are set, it’s a rock solid platform that works every time.
Owner at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Although a fantastic backup system, it is very complex.

What other advice do I have?

Asigra does many things well, however it is not as robust in areas that are becoming more mainstream. Excellent Backup System - backup of cloud (Google Apps, Salesforce, Online Exchange), backup of data (files and folders), backup of SQL, Oracle, Exchange and MLR etc., backup of VMs (VDR available for VMWare only - complex but works well) Requires improvement - Disaster Recovery for Physical systems, no ability for DR testing, Costly to keep numerous revisions or deleted files. I would question the sometimes advertised 90% compression rate as Selected to Stored will usually between 0.5:1 to…
IT Manager with 51-200 employees
Complex deployment especially around testing but easier to manage and administer than a tape backup

What is most valuable?

Backing up to the cloud

How has it helped my organization?

Replaced an ageing tape backup product and reduced administration.

What needs improvement?

Data encryption due to the speed of restoring multiple files

6 months

Limited issues around configuration and backup client on different platforms

Product would occasionally encounter issues when it impacted other software

None encountered.

Customer Service: Very good indeed. Technical Support: Again, very good technical support

Which

Systems Analyst at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
Vastly improved user down time. Tapes could take hours to retrieve, now that issue has been eradicated.

What other advice do I have?

Worthwhile, possible the initial setup of the hardware is costly but once you're going the costs are relatively cheap, it's the data costs that can rack up.
Customer Support Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Smooth integration into customer's environment but I think the reporting should be more interactive.

What is most valuable?

Agentless framework, simple implementation & configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

Smooth integration into customer's environment, interactive UI.

What needs improvement?

Personally speaking, I think the reporting should be more interactive.

2.5 years.

No issues with deployment.

We did not encounter any issues with stability.

None.

Customer Service: I would rate the customer service a 3/5. Technical Support: I would rate the technical support a 3/5.

Which solution did I use

Senior Technical Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Asigra’s multi-tenancy feature is most valuable but setup and configuration of this product is quite complex.

What other advice do I have?

The internet connection speed can make or break this product. Without good bandwidth there would be no point in considering any cloud backup solution. As with everything in IT, the more disk space you can afford in licensing costs, the better. Hopefully there are some cheat sheet or best practices out there for guidance. The Asigra forum has many helpful members as well.
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Backup of databases like Oracle and SAP could be improved, Everything is automated and no hassles for the administrator.

What is most valuable?

Agentless backup, Desktop and laptop backup, BMR.

How has it helped my organization?

Since we have implemented Asigra we don’t have an administrator to do manual backup to tapes and external HDD. Everything is automated and no hassles for the administrator.

What needs improvement?

Backup of databases like Oracle and SAP.

3 years

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Customer Service: 8/10. Technical Support: 5/10, Due to different timezones it…