AT&T AlienVault USM Overview

AT&T AlienVault USM is the #14 ranked solution in our list of top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. It is most often compared to Splunk: AT&T AlienVault USM vs Splunk

What is AT&T AlienVault USM?

AlienVault USM Anywhere is a cloud-based security management solution that accelerates and centralizes threat detection, incident response, and compliance management for your cloud, hybrid cloud, and on-premises environments. USM Anywhere includes purpose-built cloud sensors that natively monitor your Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure cloud environments. On premises, lightweight virtual sensors run on Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware ESXi to monitor your virtual private cloud and physical IT infrastructure.

With USM Anywhere, you can rapidly deploy sensors into your cloud and on-premises environments while centrally managing data collection, security analysis, and threat detection from the AlienVault Secure Cloud.

Five Essential Security Capabilities in a Single SaaS Platform

AlienVault USM Anywhere provides five essential security capabilities in a single SaaS solution, giving you everything you need for threat detection, incident response, and compliance management—all in a single pane of glass. With USM Anywhere, you can focus on finding and responding to threats, not managing software. An elastic, cloud-based security solution, USM Anywhere can readily scale to meet your threat detection needs as your hybrid cloud environment changes and grows.

1. Asset Discovery
  2. Vulnerability Assessment
  3. Intrusion Detection
  4. Behavioral Monitoring
  5. SIEM

Try USM Anywhere in your environment—free for the first 14 days.
www.alienvault.com/products/usm-anywhere/free-trial

AT&T AlienVault USM is also known as AlienVault, AlienVault USM, Alienvault Cybersecurity.

AT&T AlienVault USM Buyer's Guide

Download the AT&T AlienVault USM Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

AT&T AlienVault USM Customers

Abel & Cole, Bank of Ireland, Bluegrass Cellular, CareerBuilder, Claire's, Hays Medical Center, Hope International, McCurrach, McKinsey & Company, Party Delights, Pepco Holdings, Richland School District, Ricoh, SaveMart, Shake Shack, Steelcase, TaxAct, Taylor Morrison, Vonage and Zoom

AT&T AlienVault USM Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AT&T AlienVault USM pricing:
  • "The licensing fees are dependent on usage."
  • "The price of this solution is reasonable, which is one of the reasons why we selected it over other solutions."

AT&T AlienVault USM Reviews

John Stanford
Senior Network Architect / Network Team Leader at ICE Consulting. Inc.
Nov 18, 2020
Threat detection, incident response, and compliance management in an all-in-one solution

What is our primary use case?

We were trying to get into the security market to be able to offer something to our clients who are asking for a monitoring event management system. We started looking at what we could offer as an MSP to our clients; that's what drove us into evaluating different SIEM products, to get a better understanding of how the billing is set up as a partner. Alien Vault had the best set up for MSPs — the way they are set up for billing and the way they set up their USM account.

• "The other big selling feature for us was its integration capabilities with all the other security-based products."
  • "I'd like to see a dashboard that's a little more descriptive."

What other advice do I have?

Most of our clients are small to medium-sized businesses; they can't afford to go out and purchase a SIEM on their own. They're looking for us to provide something for them. This was why we provide HCZ cybersecurity and Alien Vault, etc. If you're in an MSP and you're servicing small to medium-sized clients, this is definitely a product that you want to look at and evaluate. When we were doing our evaluations, we were looking at the applications that are supported out-of-the-box, without having to develop any special ATIs — we wanted a pre-built application that supported most of the…
Sergey Kornienko
Director of Department at BAKOTECH LLC
Oct 27, 2020
Good compliance, lots of useful features, and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

We have three main uses for the solution. They are compliance, incident response, and as a tool for information security.

• "There are multiple tools for information security. The solution includes all the latest advances on the network and host intrusion detection systems."
  • "The solution already has quite good tools, however, they need better integration tools for linking with Office 365, Google Suite, and so on."

What other advice do I have?

We're not using the solution ourselves. We're resellers. USM Anywhere is cloud-based, although they have a different version that is on-premises or on a private cloud called the USM Appliance. We're using the on-premises version, which is quite different from the cloud version. Overall, I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. There are a few areas where they can improve, however, overall, it's been a very good product for us and our customers. We'd recommend the solution. We've looked into other options and we always come back to this product.
Find out what your peers are saying about AT&T, Splunk, LogRhythm and others in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). Updated: January 2021.
454,950 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1414752
Solutions Architect - Team Lead at a computer software company with self employed
Oct 27, 2020
Easy setup with great security information management and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for cybersecurity events and management.

• "The setup is very easy and straightforward."
  • "The solution is a bit complicated. It could be simplified quite a bit."

What other advice do I have?

We use both on-premises and cloud deployment models. We both use the solution and sell the solution as well. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at an eight. We're more focused on servicing medium to small businesses. This solution may not be suitable for a large enterprise-level organization. That said, we highly recommend it. I'd recommend that new users decide to first go for the trial. Take the trial and then make sure that you like it before investing in the subscription. The company offers a free trial - you might as well use it.
reviewer1246743
Chief Operating Officer / SR. Project Manager with 1-10 employees
Jul 12, 2020
Helpful threat intelligence capability, but the reporting is mediocre

What is our primary use case?

We are a managed security service provider and we offer AlienVault USM to our clients. We use it to monitoring their environments and to maintain their logs.

• "The most valuable feature is threat intelligence."
  • "The reporting is mediocre and is something that needs to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is to evaluate all of the options that are out there. There is no one, great answer, so you have to figure out what best fits your needs. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
SOCmgr67
‎SOC Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Aug 21, 2019
Good security management capabilities but the interface needs to be more user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

This is a SIEM solution that our customers use in an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is security management for PCI DSS.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be easier to use. It is hard for some people to understand, and they need to get training and certification just to understand what it's showing them.

I have been using this solution for three years.

In terms of stability, I would give it fifty percent.

The scalability of this solution is good. We have a large number of customers who use this product on a daily basis.

How

Denis L
Sales Solutions Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Apr 29, 2019
Easy to deploy and flexible enough to create your own plugins

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases for this solution are log management, security events correlation, and any other enterprise use cases for SIEM (new plugins development, correlation rules development, risk assessment, and asset management).

• "This solution can identify many threats inside the organization (compromised endpoints, configuration issues), as well as "outside" threats (botnets, network scanners, web-attacks, etc)."
  • "It would be nice to see some machine learning and monitoring of the configuration in network devices."
BAMALICK CISS
Manager at WASHI
Jan 10, 2021
A stable, user-friendly security solution with a reasonable price tag and easy deployment

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for security.

What needs improvement?

The solution is very user-friendly, but the dashboard could be improved as well as the level of customization.

I have been using the solution for one year.

The solution is stable.

The deployment of this solution is easy, but you need some level of understanding.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to other users.

Which deployment model are you

Erlon Sousa Pinheiro
DevOps Engineer at Two Hat Security
Apr 8, 2019
The vulnerability scanner keeps our environment always updated about security threats

What is our primary use case?

Our initial need which brought us to acquire this solution was to be in compliance with GDPR requirements. Our environment is cloud-based (specifically AWS).

How has it helped my organization?

Beyond provided us with an IDS as was our initial need, but AlienVault gave us more useful resources, as SIEM, and as a vulnerability scanner (the last, one of my favourite resources).

What is most valuable?

My favourite one is the vulnerability scanner because while using it, our environment is always updated about security threats.

What needs improvement?

Taking into account that server access credentials are controlled by the tool, some more management-focused actions could be performed from AlienVault.

Less…
Download our free Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about AT&T, Splunk, LogRhythm, and more!