Atlassian Confluence Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
George Eckel
Principal Writer & User Experience Design at a tech company with 201-500 employees
Mar 06 2018

What is most valuable?

The best features are the following: * Automated TOC * Horizontal tabbing option * Expanding drop down lists * Easy image integration * Access to the underlying HTML * The list of macros in the drop down.

How has it helped my organization?

Wiki is a simple tool for developers to write and record team decisions explaining the product that they are creating.

What needs improvement?

There is no concept of peer review or a draft mode - whatever you write is live. What typically happens is that the navigation bar becomes frighteningly large and difficult to read unless someone takes the reigns and curbs the knee jerk… more»

Wiki has been used for a long time at my company. Many people enjoy its zero learning-curve.

What other advice do I have?

Wiki is a good solution for non-tech writers. It is easy to learn and has a number of good features. The writing does not live beside the code, like GitHub Markdown does, nor does the wiki editor contain advanced editing features, like… more»
RajatSharma
RPA Business Consultant at a tech consulting company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 27 2019

What is most valuable?

Integration with JIRA, draw.io, Creately, and other mockups tools is a boon to Confluence's usage in handling complex problems.

How has it helped my organization?

It has tremendously improved our organisational culture, as it is a more streamlined way of handling customer issues/responses/queries and for documenting.

What needs improvement?

Confluence textual editor could be improved and integrated with MS Word for easy usage and better formatting of documents.

* It's easy to set up, as it gives a quick guide for the same process. * Costing and pricing may vary depending on usage.

N/A.

What other advice do I have?

N/A.

N/A.
Find out what your peers are saying about Atlassian, Microsoft, Drupal and others in Corporate Portals. Updated: November 2019.
382,547 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Steven Malone
Operations Support Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jan 17 2019

What is most valuable?

The ability to customize fields to allow for both qualitative and quantitative data discussions allowed us to back up our "gut feelings" with data collected from the industry and our customers.

How has it helped my organization?

Confluence improved our communication and collaboration allowing everyone relevant to the discussion to provide their feedback while allowing managers to easily sift through the conversation to make strategic decisions.

What needs improvement?

We let some data fields get out of control as well as some product submissions, so some type of mass maintenance capability to easily reset or restart the system without losing all configuration options would be helpful.
Morgan Day
Managing Consultant - Enterprise Architecture at a software R&D company with 10,001+ employees
Nov 26 2019

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are hyper-linking, the Drawing Tool, and enhanced tables.

How has it helped my organization?

Confluence has helped us through its ease of use and access to relevant information in a targeted way.

What needs improvement?

The standard table capability is substandard and virtually unusable. However with the "Advanced Tables for Confluence" from Bob Swift, this problem was solved. The standard table functionality does not have enough functionality to document things clearly starting with colors. The other tool which is extremely useful is IO Draw although it is expensive. With these two extensions, I was able to… more»

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Atlassian Confluence

382,547 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Atlassian Confluence Questions

What is Atlassian Confluence?

Project management is easy with Atlassian's Confluence as your single source of truth. It integrates with JIRA so you can easily add context to your projects in one central location. Create and track issues & product requirements, publish release reports, track release progress, and more when you connect Confluence and JIRA. Confluence allows you to create, share, evolve, and capture your team's project documentation so you can collaborate better, smarter, and as a team.

Confluence also organizes your powerful repository of information, opinions, and knowledge to help you answer questions, create how-to docs, and possibly identify the next big thing. Logical and consistent management of knowledge and a powerful search engine ensure that you can always find the right content, when you need it most. Share, organize, and discover content all in one platform.

Confluence has multiple deployment options to provide the flexibility your organization needs.

Cloud is a fully hosted service for customers who want to iterate quickly and have us take care of managing the infrastructure.

For customers who need to run our applications behind their firewall, we have Server and Data Center options. Server delivers greater capacity for a larger user base and gives you more control, allowing you to remain compliant with your enterprise IT, security, IP and privacy policies. For our largest customers, Data Center provides all the capability of our Server option, along with high availability, instant scalability and performance at scale.

Atlassian also offers premium support and strategic services for enterprise customers. Technical Account Managers are cross-functional technical advisors providing proactive planning and strategic guidance across your organization. Premier Support goes above and beyond our standard offerings to give you account-wide support from a team of senior support engineers.

Also known as
Confluence
Atlassian Confluence customers

Facebook, Skype, Microsoft, NASA, Netflix, Adobe, Bonobos, LinkedIn, Pfizer, Citi.

Read Archived Reviews