reviewer1454253
RPA Developer at Alzone Software Pvt. Ltd.
A flexible and adaptive tool that significantly improves operations, but Java application support needs improvement

• "Automation Anywhere is one of the leading RPA tool vendors and they have done splendid work on improving their tool."
  • "I feel that document extraction like IQ Bot can be made more refined so that it may reach its full potential."

What is our primary use case?

For us, the primary use of Automation Anywhere bots is to automate the business, administrative, and financial aspects of businesses. We have automated many tax reconciliations and also automated the monthly salary slip generation for all the employees.

In business processes, the purchase order and invoice generation scenarios have been automated. Automation of Salesforce entries has also been done with Automation Anywhere, which has significantly reduced the burden for employees and made their day more productive.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere can have a significant impact on any company's operation, as it can automate a wide variety of tasks that are mundane, time-consuming, and the least productive.

The Automation of salary slip generation for all employees in the organization has helped the HR spend less time manually preparing excel sheets and reconciling with other data and more time in improving the quality and working experience for employees by addressing their issues.

Other administrative functions like keeping a record of employee attendance and work hours have also been automated

What is most valuable?

The Automation Anywhere (2019) is now a SAAS product, hence I feel it's more fluid to use in any environment compared to the AA11.3x versions.

Automation Anywhere used to have a three-layer architecture with a Control Room, Runner, and Workbench but now it has combined the Control Room and Workbench into One. This made it easy to create bots and administer them.

The document Processing tool called IQ Bot has had several new updates, like a logic field, where you can include Python scripts. I feel it makes the tool more adaptive and flexible.

What needs improvement?

Automation Anywhere is one of the leading RPA tool vendors and they have done splendid work on improving their tool. The places where I still see scope for improvement is in their background automation are, and also their ability to handle Java applications.

I feel that document extraction like IQ Bot can be made more refined so that it may reach its full potential.

Another area I feel that needs improvement is the variances caused in extraction results when using the tool with third-party OCRs. This is something that needs to be addressed. I believe rather than giving more third-party options, a single good OCR solution must be added to prevent variations in extraction results.

I have been using Automation Anywhere both A11.3x and A2019 for more than two years.

There is brittleness in UI Automation but this can be circumvented by using REST APIs if they are available. Also, the Java Applications still seem a herculean task to automate for many RPA tool vendors.

The bots are scalable and the only thing one has to ensure for better scalability is proper architecture at the beginning with a long-term approach in mind.

The customer service of AA has been good. Many of our queries were addressed with the raising of tickets as quickly as possible.

The set up was easy and straightforward, and the support was also good.

What other advice do I have?

I have automated and released at least a thousand bots by now. I have also used Automation Anywhere's Intelligent document extraction solution called IQ Bot, both the 11.3 version and the 2019 version.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SoumyadeepPaul
Manager - Finance at Sterlite Power
Scaling up bots can be done quickly

• "Since our implementation, I can vouch for the fact that it is very easy to use. You do not need to know a lot of coding, even the business users, who have virtually no idea of coding, can easily operate it. They can run their bots and have the analysis ready for higher management. This is something which provides a great ease of use, and also in part why it is scalable."
  • "The initial setup was quite complex. We have faced an issue. During the initial implementation stages, it took longer than we expected. It affected our timelines to a certain extent."

What is our primary use case?

When we started using Automation Anywhere, it was the elimination of mundane tasks, to free up employees who were doing repetitive tasks, and to ensure they could do better quality work. So, we started off with the finance department, where we permitted our accounts payable, as in the billing process. Now, we have slowly moved on to other departments, like HR, quality, and projects.

What is most valuable?

Since our implementation, I can vouch for the fact that it is very easy to use. You do not need to know a lot of coding, even the business users, who have virtually no idea of coding, can easily operate it. They can run their bots and have the analysis ready for higher management. This is something which provides a great ease of use, and also in part why it is scalable.

Initially, once you have set up the solution and the implementation is done, then it doesn't take too long to scale up bots from one to a 100. Other than that, the professional services team (the customer support team and customer service manager) is committed to your success. This is a good sign, as they help us to achieve our business goals.

What needs improvement?

If it is in the cloud, then you have a lot of scope of doing it even faster because you spend a lot of time in installation of virtual machines (VMs) alone. So, they are coming out with that, which is good.

I believe that if there is some functional expertise within the organization, this helps in improving the process timelines even more because our current architects are totally IT-based. If they have some functionalities, that would help in automating processes faster. If we want automate some Automation Anywhere processes, we have to do it from scratch. If they are already there, we can use and scale them, then when can customize them. This is something worth thinking about.

As of now, we have not seen any major problems. It's quite a stable product. It's reliable also because we have seen quite good straight-through processing.

We quickly moved from one bot to 15 to 20 bots in about two or three months. I've seen other companies do even better and go to around 500 to 600 bots. So, scalability is something which is pro for Automation Anywhere always.

I would break it down to two separate departments:

1. The Professional Services, who help us in automating the processes, have been quite phenomenal. The support that has been given, not only automating, but also re-engineering of the processes for the better has been great.
  2. Technical support is quite proactive. They have bettered their customer support portal. They made it better.

So, we have not faced any issues as of now in this regard.

The initial setup was quite complex. We have faced an issue. During the initial implementation stages, it took longer than we expected. It affected our timelines to a certain extent. Once that was done, it was quite seamless. I think now that they are coming out with a cloud solution, this will help a lot in reducing the implementation duration. It will help future clients get results even sooner.

What other advice do I have?

As it has been a good experience until now. The product is good and helps in solving business problems. Because of the ease of use, I would definitely give it around an eight point five (out of 10). So, eight point five (out of 10) would be my number.

Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
541,708 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1460073
Team Manager at Capgemini
Increases service to customers while systematically reducing costs

• "AA allows you to create processes using 3 types of robots: Task Bot, Meta Bot, and IQ Bot. Instead of rewriting redundant code for processes, a meta bot can be used instead. This type of robot is best used for complex scalable processes. IQ Bot: The most powerful of the 3 types of robots is the IQ Bot."
  • "The debugger is also a weakness of the tool, forcing the developer to use error handling or message box to map errors. Few applications take more time for loading when integrated."

What is our primary use case?

I am a Digital Transformation Consultant & my role revolves around suggesting, recommending & implementing the best automation solution across to my clients. Some of them also include:

a) Lower operating costs

b) Faster ROI

c) Ability to be more competitive

Giving the right automation solutions can reap major benefits. Understanding these benefits—and some obstacles—will help us develop support for an operations automation project. The primary benefits of operations automation cited most often were cost reduction, productivity, availability, reliability, and performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere (AA) has helped me in suggesting, recommending & implementing the best automation solution across to my client

AA is a better and more intelligent approach to cost containment and reduction. The greatest opportunity is to increase service to the customer (end-user) while systematically reducing costs. Management often overlooks this potential for savings. Most modern servers have a low operating cost and the total cost of ownership has been declining. AA solution has helped to streamline operations in businesses of all sizes.

What is most valuable?

The benchmarking scores, the latest technology improvements & the use cases are the most valuable aspects.

• Intelligent automation for business and IT tasks.
  • Uses SMART Automation Technology.
  • Rapidly Automates complex and complicated tasks.
  • Create automation tasks like recording keyboard strokes and mouse clicks.
  • Distribute tasks to multiple computers

AA allows you to create processes using 3 types of robots: Task Bot, Meta Bot, and IQ Bot. Instead of rewriting redundant code for processes, a meta bot can be used instead. This type of robot is best used for complex scalable processes. IQ Bot: The most powerful of the 3 types of robots is the IQ Bot.

What needs improvement?

With more demo recordings and positive real-time reviews from the clients. AA should provide a free evaluation period so it is easy to attract new customers. It is not able to use OCR effectively and has limited usability. Handwritten documents are still a drawback.

It is also difficult in terms of control room management. The debugger is also a weakness of the tool, forcing the developer to use error handling or message box to map errors. Few applications take more time for loading when integrated.

I have been using AA since 2017.

• It is highly accurate and gets up and running in a very short period of time.
  • You can keep the BOT learning by feeding more and more data sets, which makes the whole process highly efficient.
  • It is very cost-effective when deployed and when scaling out to the limit.

• Using Automation Anywhere's tool we can automate window and Web-based processes. It is very easy to use.
  • It can automate rule-based and repetitive processes.
  • It can work 24*7 without taking a rest.
  • Time-saving. It is very fast in comparison to doing something manually.
  • Cost-saving.

They are always up to mark and ready to help out when in need.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a vendor team, they were great !

It has been fair to be honest.

The setup cost, pricing and/or licensing of AA sounds reasonable considering its capability.

What other advice do I have?

Keep up the good work & keep improving as you grow.

Microsoft Azure
ManjunathMothilal
RPA Consultant at ITC Infotech
MSP
You can automate whatever you do manually and day-to-day things work

• "As for the stability of the product, we can use it in any use cases or to automate anything, like manufacturing or for the banking sector. We can automate all things. The stability is quite good. It is easy to use and user-friendly. You can automate whatever you do manually and day-to-day things work. We can automate repetitive tasks as well."
  • "IQ Bot is pretty good, but we can only run a maximum 150 documents."

What is our primary use case?

It has made our life easier during the interim process with what we do in the banking sectors.

How has it helped my organization?

I'm in the banking sector, so there will be some data to be extracted from web applications that I have worked on and SAP automation suite too. There was an interim process where we extracted the data using Automation Anywhere. It is quite easy. Before, there was about four to five resources to extract it. Now, with automation, this has helped us reduce the time to two to three minutes, then the work will be done. That is one thing. The SAP automation suite is a very good platform to automate the things.

What is most valuable?

The best part is I'm a developer. I can automate end-to-end processes and use the automation in every process. That is the best thing.

It is much easier for Excel automations, getting data from their web applications, and extracting data and validating it, then sending it to clients' mail and giving it all the stakeholders as well. That is the interim process that we need to have done, which is the best part. It can done with time-savings, good accuracy of the data extracted, and endurance.

I've been using this automation for two years.

As for the stability of the product, we can use it in any use cases or to automate anything, like manufacturing or for the banking sector. We can automate all things. The stability is quite good. It is easy to use and user-friendly. You can automate whatever you do manually and day-to-day things work. We can automate repetitive tasks as well.

We can handle it if it crashes. We handle it by logic using exception handling. I am using 11.10. I've used Automation Anywhere version 10 to its current version. There are many commands that I have used. Before, there were only so many commands, like MetaBot, where we used to have only four or five commands. Now, it is entirely different to use. In the newer version, there are third-party things, and MetaBots. It's quite easy to automate things and get all the work done in a fraction of a second. It's helpful and makes our life easy.

The IQ Bot is pretty good. We can run maximum 150 documents, save them, and automate that process. That's quite good for me.

I have asked many questions of the technical support team. They replied to me with very good answers. When I'm stuck in any part of the coding, then I'll go and ask them. They have given me very nice support. It's pretty good how they are ready and they have supported me when I've asked questions in a call.

I was not involved in the decision to bring in Automation Anywhere to the company.

What other advice do I have?

One to 10, I can give it a nine. We still have to use it and it's not being urgently used. After using it, we can tell how it is being used and how we can make use of it.

They have pretty good commands which we have used. We will be getting everything in one web server, where can use MetaBot and also IQ Bot. They are providing an all in one application. So, it is quite good.

Ravindra Kumar Muduli
Senior RPA Developer at ViS networks Pvt Lmt
One of the best, popular and user friendly RPA platform/tool provider compare to other RPA providers.

• "Sometimes the customer will not provide any data. Using Automation Anywhere, we can easily automate to capture the customer data. Then, we can use that customer data inside the Cisco Unified Wire Voice Portal."
  • "Our current version needs drag and drop, but that should be in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

From started working on Automation Anywhere platform, primarily worked on contact center and telecommunication sectors. Now exploring our RPA solution/expertise towards different different sectors such as insurance, medical, transport, education and so on.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of automation anywhere platforms/tools we have done few projects for our existing clients and internal as well. Overall it is a good product which we can use to automation many repetitive tasks or known tasks. Also it has capability to automate complex and unstructured or semi structured datas.

What is most valuable?

It has IQ Bot, Meta  bot and bot insight features/products which are a good advantages over all other RPA platforms. Also AA is providing self learning platform where we can up our RPA skills and do develop/hands on practice on the both community (on premise and cloud) editions.

What needs improvement?

Currently I am using AAEC 11.3.4 and A2019 version. Both are stable and have all the required features. If I will find anything which has to be focus on definitely recommend to AA team.

From 2018, I am working on automation anywhere platforms.

Same I would give 8 out of 10 scale rate.

I will give 8 out of 10 scale rate.

Yes, we had a good experience with customer/technical support team but few more improvement requirements from AA team.

I started with Automation anywhere platform only later I tried other RPA platforms such as UiPath, Nice, Workfusion. But compare to Automation Anywhere I didn't find any other RPA platforms as a competitor. It's a best and easy to learn.

It was very easy and anyone can do it. If they are doing for lab or personal setup. For the client AA teams are helping.

We have implemented through vendor and in-house team.

ROI is good and impressive after using automation anywhere RPA platform.

Pricing is average and less than blue prism. But one thing I would like to add that post 1+ years completion only we can expect ROI because after taking license and putting RPA solutions into production will take lots of efforts and time. Thus in one or below one year time period we can't expect good ROI.

Having said that I found few bugs in the 11.3.1.2 version and later upgraded into 11.3.4 version we didn't find any issue and for other suggested parts they already resolve/added features in the A2019 cloud edition.

What other advice do I have?

In the A2019 community edition, while running its taking time to run RPA bots and having few bugs related to IQ Bot server connectivity and other things. But they will solve it soon as expected.

Also in A2019 they should make one separate page or redirected into separate page where we can easily develop RPA bots because in CR webpage my bot section we are not getting enough space to develop resulting its taking time to create bot. Because many developers working on system with screen resolution 1366*768. It will be better if they can add one separate windows/page for RPA bot development in the CR webpage.

reviewer1464534
RPA Specialist at Thirdware Solution Ltd.
The flow chart view helped our customers easily understand the code

• "It has improved a lot. We could identify a lot of manual processes that can be automated for our customers. The scope of automation by using Automation Anywhere has become wonderful. IQ Bot and AI sense are the incredible features provided."
  • "We have encountered some issues in the actions like Terminal Emulator-> Send Key -> Page Down/Up not working."

What is our primary use case?

Automation of AP 3 Way Invoice Matching Process. Details from PDF invoices with the corresponding data in terminal. This project involved applications like Outlook, Aurora Terminal, PDF reading by IQ Bot, and Excel. The current scope of the project was to process around 600 invoices per day from 20 different suppliers which has saved a lot of time for the end-user. It has been deployed in production and the customer is pretty much happy with the performance of the bot.

On-Premise installation of CR with 1 runner and 2 creator license.

IQ Bot

16GB RAM

How has it helped my organization?

The features and the architecture of Automation Anywhere make it easy to analyze any process and conclude good candidates for the automation. The flow chart view helped our customers understand the code pretty easily. The handover or knowledge transfer also becomes very comfortable.

What is most valuable?

• The most valuable features I see on the actions added have a lot of commands that were unavailable in older versions.
  • The concept of packages with the flexibility of adding our own package. The packages for running Python Scripts, different packages for excel, and it has the option to work with Excel if it is not installed in the machine.
  • Exception handling with try, catch, finally and many other actions introduced.
  • Concept of different data types.
  • The different views for writing code like Flow or List or Dual.

What needs improvement?

1) We have encountered some issues in the actions like Terminal Emulator-> Send Key -> Page Down/Up not working.

2) We found difficulties while copy-pasting commands after the end of "IF" condition and "Loop".

3) A scroll bar will be good in the "Flow" tab.

4) When any command is double-clicked, if the command opens in a popup window as we had in AA desktop versions, then that could have saved some space for development as the code writing section seems to be less which creates difficulties when there are loops in the loop.

5) Email trigger was also not working.

I have been using AA for four months.

Currently, it is a beta version but has pretty good performance stability. There are issues in some packages. I hope with all the updated packages the solution will be much more stable.

For example: Terminal Emulator-> Send Key -> Page Down/Up command is currently not working.

Excellent.

Supportive but takes longer time to respond.

I always used Automation Anywhere from version 10.5 to A2019.15

It was easy and straightforward.

In-house.

ROI of the current project delivered saved 4 hours of time per day of the end user.

The setup cost is less than other solutions in market

Blue Prism. I personally did not like the way and features provided for developing bots.

What other advice do I have?

It's an awesome solution for automation.

reviewer1467651
Technical Architect Associate Manager at Sprint Nextel
Saves times, reduces errors, and decreases dependency on human resources

• "In particular, with our requirements, we have seen reduced dependency on the workforce and we had proper execution of our business process."
  • "The product should improve on Voice Recognition and IoT pretty soon, as this is the next big thing in and I would like to see this upgraded in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case was related to automating a daily job, which involves a lot of manual effort and was error-prone. We did involve RPA to automate the job and also have a pretty useful notification system in place too.

We had a requirement of pulling in data from a location, dumping it all into some spreadsheets, and then applying logic. Once that is complete, the distribution also needs to be controlled, and we have achieved all of this by implementing RPA.

There are also use cases for us where it is still a work in progress, including tasks in finance/accounting, and HR as well.

How has it helped my organization?

AA has helped our organization to improve productivity with less manual dependence. It has come up with certain paradigms in RPA that largely reduce human efforts.

The use case that is mentioned above had a dependency on three FTE on a daily basis to process data for us, and implementing RPA has helped us save this effort.

There have been processes that were tedious and had dependencies on resources, as well as being error-prone. The involvement of AA has reduced problems to a considerable extent.

What is most valuable?

RPA is a feature that really helped eliminate errors during the execution of structured business processes. In particular, with our requirements, we have seen reduced dependency on the workforce and we had proper execution of our business process.

It has also opened doors for an intelligent notification system as well, with the help of which, we are getting the proper input from the different stages of our program.

Cognitive Automation helps by self-improving, using AI and ML for complex data.

Altogether, these important features help to form the organization as a digital force.

What needs improvement?

This is the age of Voice Recognition where systems like Alexa and Cortana are ruling. I would love to see certain features for these.

In addition to this, there should also be a community version that will be able to provide support without a cost. This will make sure that the outreach for Automation Anywhere would increase up to a considerable extent.

I have been using the solution for approximately one year.

The solution is quite stable. I have used it for features like RPA and cognitive intelligence and didn't find any instability.

This is certainly scalable and the support is quite good too.

They have pretty decent customer service support. I had reached out a couple of times and I found them decent and knowledgeable. In addition, they have a good SLA too.

Other than evaluating UiPath, I have not used a different RPA solution.

The ROI is pretty good. I have used it in one of my use cases where I have a dependency on three FTE, and I was able to reduce it by a considerable margin.

UiPath was the option that I was evaluating but ended up choosing Automation Anywhere.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
reviewer1463793
RPA Developer at OMFYS Technologies India Pvt.Ltd
Automated data scraping and form-filling saves time for both us and our clients

• "With the help of these features, we can automatically fetch data from invoices and websites, which is followed by the automated data entry into the webpage and ERP system."
  • "The Recorder action in the A2019 Community edition is not supported."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is that we are automating repetitive processes such as daily currency calculation, data entry in the EPR system, email reading and sorting data, extracting data from webpages, and extracting data from invoices.

We also use automation for data massaging on Excel data, database connectivity, PDF data extraction, scheduling bots, and the validation of extracted data from webpage or invoices.

We use error handling to point out which of the bots are failing.

We are using v11, A2019, and IQ Bot.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of Automation Anywhere, our organizational efficiency has increased. We have automated HR-related tasks such as CV shortlisting and salary slip generation processes. This has decreased our time consumption for these tasks.

We have also improved our clients' organizations by automating repetitive processes. With this, the ROI has increased and the overall time consumed by processes is reduced. We now use this manpower for other important tasks.

Human intervention is not required for most of the processes and also, they are auto-scheduled.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are data extraction and entry into webpages, extracting data from unstructured invoices, email sorting and attachment downloading, Excel actions, database connectivity, IQ Bot for extracting data from invoices, connectivity with ERP applications, as the REST and SOAP web services.

With the help of these features, we can automatically fetch data from invoices and websites, which is followed by the automated data entry into the webpage and ERP system.

Excel actions help us for automating work on Excel workbooks.

What needs improvement?

The A2019 Community version does not fully support Mozilla Firefox, as it has problems when you try to capture data from the Firefox window.

I would like to see more features added in the Community editions to improve developer hands-on practice.

When you try to capture an error snapshot in A2019, it's not capturing the proper data compared to V11.

The Recorder action in the A2019 Community edition is not supported.

If we refresh the window then it does not show the Chrome window title in the list. This only works on Internet Explorer.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the last two years.

The technical support team was helpful at the time of installation and setup. Whenever we are stuck, the support team's help is very important.

I haven't used an RPA solution other than Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup was straightforward. With help of the Automation Anywhere technical support team, it is easy to set up.

We implemented using the vendor team. The level of expertise is very good, and they help very well.

The setup cost for this is onetime and licensing is based on your choice of product.

We evaluated Blue Prism and UiPath before choosing Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the product is very good where the repetitive tasks are more in manufacturing industries and the finance department. It is the best solution for any type of industry to automate their repetitive process, leading to increased ROI and reduced time consumption.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.