Shantanu Devlekar
RPA Developer at Omfys Technologies Pvt Ltd
Increases accuracy, reduces time consumption, and has good scalability

• "Automation Anywhere has lots of features, some of them are accuracy increases, time consumption reduced, scalability. Automation Anywhere does not require a strong knowledge of programming languages. The dashboard is user-friendly."
  • "I would like if the IQ Bot could read hand-written documents, otherwise, Automation Anywhere is fabulous to work or develop processes for customers."

What is our primary use case?

We use Automation Anywhere to automate business processes for better accuracy, time reduction, and scalability. An Automation Anywhere bot can work for 24 hrs. I worked for KYC Reconciliation processes in Automation Anywhere which consists of data extraction from PDF with the help of IQ Bot and extracted information entered into companies web portals. In the process, clients give us invoices through the mail and te bot identifies mail with specific subjects, downloads invoices, uploads invoices to IQ bot, and downloads CSVs to specific folders, and validate CSVs and upload CDVs to the web portal.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere improved our organization's growth with prior usage of Automation Anywhere for repetitive tasks like data entry in the web portal and data extraction from the PDF with the help of IQ Bot. I've been working with Automation Anywhere for the last year. I've worked on two versions of Automation Anywhere i.e.V11.3 and A2019. One thing that I like the most about Automation Anywhere V11.3 is that you don't need any programming knowledge to develop the bot, so a non-technical person can also easily understand the process and can create the same.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere has lots of features, some of them are accuracy increases, time consumption reduced, scalability. Automation Anywhere does not require a strong knowledge of programming languages. The dashboard is user-friendly. In A2019 of Automation Anywhere we can run a python script. The accuracy of the IQ Bot has been improved in Automation Anywhere. The new concept of the control room in A2019 is more impressive than older versions of Automation Anywhere.

What needs improvement?

Automation Anywhere has lots of good features. It does not require improvement.

I would like if the IQ Bot could read hand-written documents, otherwise, Automation Anywhere is fabulous to work or develop processes for customers. Automation Anywhere has a user-friendly UI to work with so that any non-technical person can easily understand the process workflow. The accuracy of the IQ bot in the new version has been increased. We can make validations to fields in IQ Bot with Python scripts.

I've been using Automation Anywhere for a year.

Automation Anywhere gives us a stable developed process. We can run a bot without any human interaction. I found it to be stable.

One of the features of Automation Anywhere is scalability. We can scale our developed bot at any particular time and increase accuracy.

If any error occurred during developing a process you can ask for help from Automation Anywhere support team. The support team of Automation Anywhere is pretty good.

I didn't use any other software for developing processes to automate other than Automation Anywhere. From the beginning, I've been using this tool to automate.

Automation anywhere is very easy to set up. We have to download the product from the Automation Anywhere website and run it. We can set up the file in two ways either in Express mode or custom mode.

Our team developed a process for clients.

I'm working as RPA developer so don't have any idea about the ROI.

I'm an RPA developer, so I don't have any idea about the cost or pricing but the licenses for developers and runner IQ Bot are pretty good.

I haven't used or evaluated other options for developing the process.

What other advice do I have?

Automation anywhere going great with its improvements.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Software Engineer at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Good third-party integration, easy to learn, and the automation code is very readable

• "Since it has capabilities to integrate with third-party applications easily, it makes the life of an automation engineer very easy."
  • "The API integration should be improved further since it is a bit difficult at the moment to connect with the API in the enterprise version."

What is our primary use case?

I am working for a company that is engaged in process automation.

In our company, we have used AA in several projects like finance process automation, payroll, accounts payable, and account receivable processing.

Each of the projects that I have engaged in is different from each other. For example, the finance automation project mainly focused on reconciliations, Excel automation, etc. AP and AR processes mainly focused on front-end navigation through the Chrome browser to download invoices from customer portals and upload and process them in their accounting application, which is also a web-based one.

Automation Anywhere assisted me with all the functions that I require to automate the processes and tasks.

How has it helped my organization?

The AA tool has more than 500 functionalities, which is really useful in feasibility studies.

Our organization works with a few other leading RPA tools also. When compared, every RPA tool, coding/scripting in AA is much easier for a developer. The code is also very readable, which increases the user-friendliness when it comes to code maintenance.

The effort to train a beginner to code in AA is low because all of the commands and functionalities are simple.

What is most valuable?

Excel automation, database integration, and object cloning are few functionalities that I find valuable in the tool because most of the business processes work around them.

With Excel automation, we can open, close, save, and navigate through the Excel workbook. Most importantly, macro integration within Excel is easy, and with that, it unleashes all of the capabilities that we can do with macros to be executed by integrating with AA.

Database integration allows us to integrate with SQL Server and Oracle databases.

Object Cloning means that frontend navigation is made easier. With AA the object cloning command, we can capture the UI objects and customize them as per the process.

What needs improvement?

• The API integration should be improved further since it is a bit difficult at the moment to connect with the API in the enterprise version.
  • The object cloning command should be improved such to increase the capability and capture more objects in the UI.
  • It would be more advantageous if the email automation allowed us to integrate with cloud-based email servers.
  • Metabots should be improved further, allowing for the same functionality as the task bot.
  • It would be great if AA could reduce the price of IQ Bot.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for more than two years.

Stability mainly will be based on the system architecture. The tool is stable from 11.3.2.4.

This is scalable across many processes and can integrate with many third-party applications.

Technical support is excellent and they work round the clock to sort out any issue we have.

In AA, the tool has more capabilities and functionalities when compared with our previous RPA product.

Setup is very straightforward and there is a complete guideline provided.

We implemented in-house.

Using AA has improved the lifestyle of the employee. Monetary ROI cannot be revealed as per company rules and policies.

Pricing is affordable and I would recommend beginning with the Starter Package.

To evaluate the products, the company went through the reviews.

What other advice do I have?

When considering all the facts, this is one of the most user-friendly RPA tools that I have worked with.

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1458450
RPA at XLnc
Good support, user interface, and reliability in a tool that provides value for the money

• "I love its reliability, ease of use, and the vast customer support that are always present to help us."
  • "Especially while using v11, I often experience freezes with OCR extraction from PDF files."

What is our primary use case?

I started my career in RPA and the first tool I learned was Automation Anywhere v11.3. Within a month, I learned the tool and was Master Certified in it.

I had noticed that the majority of clients for my company demand developers who know AA well. I wondered why, with so many other tools available, why clients are so interested in AA as the only RPM. This is when I realized that AA is much easier, more reliable, and has value for money also with good and vast customer support.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past two years, I have become somewhat of an expert with Automation Anywhere. As a senior RPA developer, I deal with clients alongside my project manager and I always suggest AA. It is worthwhile to know that most of our clients are already aware of this tool, its market popularity, and its capabilities. This makes it easier to solidify a business relationship with them.

Thanks to the benefits of Automation Anywhere, 90% of our clients trust and use this tool.

What is most valuable?

I love its reliability, ease of use, and the vast customer support that are always present to help us.

In the new cloud-based version, A2019, some good upgrades have been added. I feel that everything has been covered in A2019 that was missing in the older v11.3. These advancements have helped to impress our clients and create new business opportunities with them. As a cloud deployment, it saves clients problems with desktops that occurred with the previous version, v11. There are also more commands and features that have made it more awesome for me to explore and play with new commands.

I love the user interface and the automation commands they have provided in the AA 2019 version.

What needs improvement?

Especially while using v11, I often experience freezes with OCR extraction from PDF files. It just didn't work properly. I had to work around this using Python scripting. It would be a big improvement to have the inbuilt OCR capability work seamlessly. A perfect OCR would be awesome.

I have been using the Automation Anywhere tool for the last two years.

The new version offers no compromise regarding stability.

I will rate this product a ten out of ten for scalability.

I had contacted technical support two or three times and they solved my problem on the same day. I will rate them a ten out of ten on support. In my opinion, they are the best and I hope that they maintain the same.

I started working with AA and have moved to the A2019 version. I never switched to another tool, as AA is one that I have found reliable, and has everything that I need for RPA.

ROI is something my management knows, but as a developer, I cannot say for. However, I am pretty sure that AA has benefited our company.

The cloud-based version comes at an increased cost, although our clients are happy with the new features and have not complained about the pricing. Precious things are valuable, and they know that.

I started with AA and have not evaluated other RPA products.

What other advice do I have?

It has now been two years and I have migrated to AA 2019. I now consider myself an expert in Automation Anywhere. Thanks, AA, for providing such a big and powerful platform to us.

I always recommend this product, and that clients implement AA first.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
DilonDsouza
Sr Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
The Bot Store lets developers create different bots and put them into that marketplace

• "Scalability is one of the best things about most of the RPA bots. Once you create one, scalability is just about multiplying them."
  • "Some things that I do not see as of today are interactive chat or video interface. These are things that I will look for in future. I saw something like picture recognition, but something like a video or voice recognition is something that I'm looking for in the Automation Anywhere platform as an end user and even as a reseller."

What is our primary use case?

In the digitization space, Automation Anywhere has some of the new bots, which are really good. This is making the invoice digitization as a use case quite helpful. The user interface is very interactive and easy to use. At the same time, for giving results, it looks very impressive. That is the use case that we are working on currently. That is one of the best use cases that I have dealt with from Automation Anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

I think most of the keystroke level activities that users used to do in probably the last five years is now taken care completely by Automation Anywhere and similar RPA providers. They are now getting into the next segment of AI. I deal personally with a lot of AI tools in my company, which has got a lot of use cases in this industry. I see Automation Anywhere now getting into this particular segment, and it's very good for the industry

What is most valuable?

The Bot Store is something very impressive because it is one place where you find a lot of free bots that you can test and try different bots. At the same time, you have developers who can create different bots and put them into that marketplace so multiple people can use those bots. It is a win-win situation both for the developers, Automation Anywhere, and even the customers.

5 years

Stability is great from what I hear from the users. As I'm the sales division, I get this feedback from my operations team. Even the technology support that Automation Anywhere provides is very good. At the same time, they have a lot of good B2B services at very low costs which helps in the end-to-end development, deployment, and successful implementations.

Scalability is one of the best things about most of the RPA bots. Once you create one, scalability is just about multiplying them. We've not had challenges with scalability, given we provide the right infrastructure.

As mentioned above this support has been good and we always look forward for continued support here

As a service provider company we have worked in alternate service provider. This is client specific

Straight forward

We are the vendor team here

6 Months to 1.6 years depending on the process we looking to automate

may not be able to comment here.

UI path and AA are the ones on top when we compare

What other advice do I have?

I would surely rate it as a 10 (out of 10). There are other RPA providers as well in this good range, but I think AA is in the top three. I would rate it ten along with another competitor as well who's doing well for us.

If you are new to automation, do try Automation Anywhere or a similar partner. Once you do that, then there's a lot more in the market to explore, e.g., you have the big players, like IBM Watson, Azzure, AWS etc. and one place stop will be a company like Wipro which can help you chose a mix. If you're not started anywhere, then I would recommend to start with Automation Anywhere for RPA.

SS
Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Simple user interface, learning resources available, good performance and reliability

• "When our organization switched to Automation Anywhere, the accuracy rate improved and consequently, there has not been much data loss."
  • "Automation Anywhere should improve its OCR command, as it's my observation that I have faced data loss or improper data being extracted."

What is our primary use case?

Automation Anywhere is an RPA tool that is used to Automate any repeated simple/complex tasks with ease. Automation Anywhere is not perfect but it is still the best tool available in today's market.

It is one of the simplest RPA tools, having a simple user interface, and it is very easy to get hands-on with this platform. It has vast learning resources available, too.

Use Cases:

1. Extracting data from scanned PDFs: Using Automation Anywhere made it much simpler to scrape data from scanned PDFs and convert it into standard Excel format, as per requirements.
  2. Portal Automation: AA makes web automation simple and our manual tasks have now been automated. Our portal is for making client bookings of the client. The Bot reads the Excel file shared by the user and accordingly, makes the booking in the portal with minimum time and with high accuracy.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere is known for its high performance, reliability, and simplicity. Using Automation Anywhere has been a boon for my organization. It saves time and does not require human intervention, depending on the task or process that is automated.

As data scraping from scanned PDFs was a huge task for our organization, and with other tools, the accuracy was around 50-60%, we were facing a huge data loss. When our organization switched to Automation Anywhere, the accuracy rate improved and consequently, there has not been much data loss.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere has great features and I have found Object Cloning and SAP integration to be the most valuable among them.

Object Cloning: Using Object Cloning, any web-based process or task that has fixed steps to be followed can be automated with ease. Object Cloning captures the object, DOMXPath, Inner text, etc. The drop-down menus can also be automated easily.

SAP Integration: Automation anywhere has added one more feature to this command in v11.3.5, which is SAP GUI. Using this feature/command, SAP Automation has become simpler than before, as it required using Metabot, DLL, etc. Everything can now be done in the task bot itself.

What needs improvement?

Automation Anywhere should improve its OCR command, as it's my observation that I have faced data loss or improper data being extracted. If the image quality is low then the data extraction with 100% accuracy is a huge task that I have been facing.

If the scheduling of the bot were much simpler, also allowing us to schedule bots prior to the start time, it would be an improvement.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is very good, and I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Excellent support.

Once, I was facing an issue so I raised a ticket. The Automation Anywhere support team helped me to resolve it quickly, with proper follow up via email as well as calls.

We did not use another RPA product prior to Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup is straightforward. The Control Room and client are simple to set up, too.

We have an in-house team with a high level of expertise.

Considering the cost, it is a bit high, but worth the price because the output accuracy is high.

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is a tool that I love! I am quite happy using this tool and there are no features or commands that I have found to be missing that should be added.

Its advantages are performance, simplicity, and excellent support!

Please go for Automation Anywhere. I am sure that you won't regret it!

reviewer1445445
RPA Consultant at Infogain
Feature-rich, with good PDF data extraction to automate invoice processing

• "This product is easy to use, and it helps business users to more easily understand RPA."
  • "It would be useful to have some updates for the control room in terms of analytics."

What is our primary use case?

Automation Anywhere is an RPA package for basic Automation to Complex Automation. It also has analytics and cognitive capability.

I have used Automation Anywhere in many use cases from PDF integration to Excel reconciliation. The best use case was invoice processing using IQ Bot. In this process, we download PDFs from an application and pass it to IQ Bot for the extraction of invoice data.

This helps in extracting data from PDF documents and use it to post the invoices. This is something that we had done in a single dev environment, where Automation Anywhere was on-premises and secured in terms of sharing details for data extraction.

I have also explored other products from Automation Anywhere including IQ Bot and Bot Analytics. In addition, I have provided POCs to customers with Attended Automation 2.0 and the Automation Productivity Pack.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is a COE for RPA and a partner with Automation Anywhere. We have implemented RPA in many of our clients' projects. Not only this, but we have updated the way that we work by adding internal bots to increase our productivity.

We have increased our productivity internally by using RPA with our employees who are completing the same tasks every day. These include jobs like claim management, documentation, etc.

This helps our organization by increasing productivity, and also helps us to understand more use cases that can be applied to our clients' organizations.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere is a package of many features. There is no single feature that will get more value because each feature is important on its own.

I like the software updates because I see new things being added all the time.

The jump From AA v11.3 to A2019 was a great start to help explore RPA and provide more options to developers who are implementing RPA using Java Packages.

What needs improvement?

I believe Automation Anywhere is working perfectly and it is the best in the market. However, some points based on a development perspective I would like to add are:

1. Universal search.
  2. Creating a variable from anywhere, including from the properties/attributes of commands.
  3. I would like to have the ability to delete multiple variables.
  4. It should be possible to delete multiple parameters for the API.
  5. I would like to have commands to link with the respective knowledge base.
  6. Having a refractor in the code would be an improvement.
  7. A predefined framework for Bot Development that includes an audit log and error handling would be helpful.
  8. It would be useful to have some updates for the control room in terms of analytics.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the past three-plus years. I have quite a good understanding of the older versions from 10.5 to 11.3, as well as the latest web version A2019.

Stability-wise, this is a good product.

The scalability is good.

Our experience with technical support has been good. The support does screen sharing to solve issues and explain what they are doing.

Prior to working with this RPA solution, I used programming languages for automation. These included VBScript and Python.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our in-house team deployed this product with the assistance of experts.

If it is saving FTE and Generating a good ROI then it is Worth Investing.

Before choosing Automation Anywhere, I looked at options like free online tools

Google
reviewer1460628
Technology Lead at Infosys Technologies Ltd
Enables us to set down sharp rules of validations which cleared out unnecessary manual interventions

• "The addition of excel advanced to directly append worksheets, add formulas, etc was very beneficial and made the code development faster."
  • "We had a few setbacks because of bots getting queued and unable to force delete a task bot which kept persisting in the control room. These features should be included in future releases which will be highly beneficial."

What is our primary use case?

The use cases I have worked on made use of automated flow across multiple applications along with processing Excels and emails. We were also able to leverage a single tab for processing the entire flow of the record across three different applications. We also used the Analyze package to view the Business dashboard in the dev environment. The only drawback was that the export of the BI dashboard to the other environments is not yet available. The environments used were dev, staging, and production. The bots were exported out and imported into each environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Automating a tedious manual process has helped to reduce manual work and the time taken to process the records. It has also eliminated a great deal of errors because of manual processing. Since the manual process was being automated, we were able to set down sharp rules of validations which cleared out unnecessary manual interventions. Automation has also enabled uniform delivery to the customers with the emails being sent way ahead of time. This has greatly improved product delivery from our end.

What is most valuable?

The usage of steps helped in the segregation of code blocks making it more readable and understandable. The usage of keystrokes in A2019 was much better than in v11. Also, the direct inline usage of the python scripts enabled s to handle various manual processes.

Using the email and the file triggers were very helpful as we were able to directly execute the bots on the trigger.

What needs improvement?

We had a few setbacks because of bots getting queued and unable to force delete a task bot which kept persisting in the control room. These features should be included in future releases which will be highly beneficial. Also when the upgrade happened from .14 to .15, it did not allow for the existing task bots to be checked in. The upgrades should work seamlessly to enable high efficiency of the AA product.

We need the Business dashboard to be exported to other environments. Also for the availability of G-Suite package in the enterprise edition.

I have been using AA for six months.

A2019 needs a few more upgrades to make it more stable and robust but the AA support to handle the shortcomings has been great which has enabled us to make full use of the product.

A2019 is highly scalable and there is a lot of scope for upgrades.

Technical support was prompt and we were able to resolve most of our issues quickly

Earlier, I had used v11.3 of Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup was complex because of the confusion with the Pure cloud version.

In-House

Our ROI is high.

There was a little confusion in terms of the setup costs for the pure cloud version because it was a bit misleading when we understood that all the Control rooms and the bot creators and runners would be on the cloud. The provisioning for the bot agents was not understood immediately.

What other advice do I have?

A2019 is a very good product, there are still some upgrades to be completed, like the functionality of the GIT repository, G-suite package in the enterprise edition. One more advice would be to ensure seamless upgrades so that our current development is not hampered.

Google
reviewer1030035
RPA Engineer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good performance speeds and strengthens processes, but it needs to be more intuitive

• "I consider the verification station very useful because it allows you to quickly check if the data extracted are correct or if you need to change the process."
  • "You could improve the tools for reading CSV/Excel, also providing wizards or detailed guides, otherwise, it is quite complex to use them, especially at the beginning."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly used AA to extract data from invoices from PDF files with multiple formats and to upload this data to a Data Lake, on a Windows machine.

Other projects involved extracting data from Excel and CSV files and then inserting them into custom applications, databases, and mainframes and finally sending recap emails to the user.

The Bots developed, according to the end user's needs and the type of process, were both attended and unattended. In both cases, the end-users were always satisfied with the functioning and performances of the Bots.

How has it helped my organization?

By automating the process with AA and using the verification station, it was possible to speed up the process and strengthen it, involving the process owner in the verification of the correctness of the data extracted.

It is becoming more and more normal for companies that a process is carried out partly or totally by a Bot, thus allowing humans to dedicate themselves to high value-added activities.

The speed-up and greater control over the quality of the processes have also led to savings in money and are increasing the happiness of the company's customers.

What is most valuable?

I consider the verification station very useful because it allows you to quickly check if the data extracted are correct or if you need to change the process. The process owner is also much happier because he is more involved in the implementation of the Bot and thus it is easier to develop the requirements.

During the test phases and during the review, it is possible to engage the process owner who almost enjoys verifying the correct functioning of the Bot, thanks also to the simple and attractive interface of the verification station.

What needs improvement?

It would be useful to have an online wiki on each tool that can be used on AA with practical examples of use, with images and videos.

It would also be useful to increase the community and make public in a forum the problems solved by other developers through the support, so that we can use past experience to solve development problems without having to send emails to AA about a problem that may have already been solved.

I use Automation Anywhere for five months.

I think the final product is quite stable. All the functionalities included in AA are extensively tested and thus do not present strange errors after the Bot has been released into production. AA also handles the release of new versions of the IDE very well, guaranteeing the portability of the code with simple procedures.

It is a very scalable product, also thanks to some features included in the IDE.

So far, I have not used customer service very much.

I currently use both Automation Anywhere and UiPath. Depending on what you need to automate, one may perform better than the other.

The initial setup is quite long and full of different phases. It would take only one official AA installation guide with the most detailed step-by-step description and one image per step, without the need to consult more than one guide.

I implemented through a vendor team and their level of expertise is medium-high.

We also evaluated UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

It is a tool that allows you to have excellent performance but some features are not intuitive to use.

Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.