reviewer1458450
RPA at XLnc
Good support, user interface, and reliability in a tool that provides value for the money

• "I love its reliability, ease of use, and the vast customer support that are always present to help us."
  • "Especially while using v11, I often experience freezes with OCR extraction from PDF files."

What is our primary use case?

I started my career in RPA and the first tool I learned was Automation Anywhere v11.3. Within a month, I learned the tool and was Master Certified in it.

I had noticed that the majority of clients for my company demand developers who know AA well. I wondered why, with so many other tools available, why clients are so interested in AA as the only RPM. This is when I realized that AA is much easier, more reliable, and has value for money also with good and vast customer support.

How has it helped my organization?

In the past two years, I have become somewhat of an expert with Automation Anywhere. As a senior RPA developer, I deal with clients alongside my project manager and I always suggest AA. It is worthwhile to know that most of our clients are already aware of this tool, its market popularity, and its capabilities. This makes it easier to solidify a business relationship with them.

Thanks to the benefits of Automation Anywhere, 90% of our clients trust and use this tool.

What is most valuable?

I love its reliability, ease of use, and the vast customer support that are always present to help us.

In the new cloud-based version, A2019, some good upgrades have been added. I feel that everything has been covered in A2019 that was missing in the older v11.3. These advancements have helped to impress our clients and create new business opportunities with them. As a cloud deployment, it saves clients problems with desktops that occurred with the previous version, v11. There are also more commands and features that have made it more awesome for me to explore and play with new commands.

I love the user interface and the automation commands they have provided in the AA 2019 version.

What needs improvement?

Especially while using v11, I often experience freezes with OCR extraction from PDF files. It just didn't work properly. I had to work around this using Python scripting. It would be a big improvement to have the inbuilt OCR capability work seamlessly. A perfect OCR would be awesome.

I have been using the Automation Anywhere tool for the last two years.

The new version offers no compromise regarding stability.

I will rate this product a ten out of ten for scalability.

I had contacted technical support two or three times and they solved my problem on the same day. I will rate them a ten out of ten on support. In my opinion, they are the best and I hope that they maintain the same.

I started working with AA and have moved to the A2019 version. I never switched to another tool, as AA is one that I have found reliable, and has everything that I need for RPA.

ROI is something my management knows, but as a developer, I cannot say for. However, I am pretty sure that AA has benefited our company.

The cloud-based version comes at an increased cost, although our clients are happy with the new features and have not complained about the pricing. Precious things are valuable, and they know that.

I started with AA and have not evaluated other RPA products.

What other advice do I have?

It has now been two years and I have migrated to AA 2019. I now consider myself an expert in Automation Anywhere. Thanks, AA, for providing such a big and powerful platform to us.

I always recommend this product, and that clients implement AA first.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SS
Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Simple user interface, learning resources available, good performance and reliability

• "When our organization switched to Automation Anywhere, the accuracy rate improved and consequently, there has not been much data loss."
  • "Automation Anywhere should improve its OCR command, as it's my observation that I have faced data loss or improper data being extracted."

What is our primary use case?

Automation Anywhere is an RPA tool that is used to Automate any repeated simple/complex tasks with ease. Automation Anywhere is not perfect but it is still the best tool available in today's market.

It is one of the simplest RPA tools, having a simple user interface, and it is very easy to get hands-on with this platform. It has vast learning resources available, too.

Use Cases:

1. Extracting data from scanned PDFs: Using Automation Anywhere made it much simpler to scrape data from scanned PDFs and convert it into standard Excel format, as per requirements.
  2. Portal Automation: AA makes web automation simple and our manual tasks have now been automated. Our portal is for making client bookings of the client. The Bot reads the Excel file shared by the user and accordingly, makes the booking in the portal with minimum time and with high accuracy.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere is known for its high performance, reliability, and simplicity. Using Automation Anywhere has been a boon for my organization. It saves time and does not require human intervention, depending on the task or process that is automated.

As data scraping from scanned PDFs was a huge task for our organization, and with other tools, the accuracy was around 50-60%, we were facing a huge data loss. When our organization switched to Automation Anywhere, the accuracy rate improved and consequently, there has not been much data loss.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere has great features and I have found Object Cloning and SAP integration to be the most valuable among them.

Object Cloning: Using Object Cloning, any web-based process or task that has fixed steps to be followed can be automated with ease. Object Cloning captures the object, DOMXPath, Inner text, etc. The drop-down menus can also be automated easily.

SAP Integration: Automation anywhere has added one more feature to this command in v11.3.5, which is SAP GUI. Using this feature/command, SAP Automation has become simpler than before, as it required using Metabot, DLL, etc. Everything can now be done in the task bot itself.

What needs improvement?

Automation Anywhere should improve its OCR command, as it's my observation that I have faced data loss or improper data being extracted. If the image quality is low then the data extraction with 100% accuracy is a huge task that I have been facing.

If the scheduling of the bot were much simpler, also allowing us to schedule bots prior to the start time, it would be an improvement.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for two years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is very good, and I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Excellent support.

Once, I was facing an issue so I raised a ticket. The Automation Anywhere support team helped me to resolve it quickly, with proper follow up via email as well as calls.

We did not use another RPA product prior to Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup is straightforward. The Control Room and client are simple to set up, too.

We have an in-house team with a high level of expertise.

Considering the cost, it is a bit high, but worth the price because the output accuracy is high.

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is a tool that I love! I am quite happy using this tool and there are no features or commands that I have found to be missing that should be added.

Its advantages are performance, simplicity, and excellent support!

Please go for Automation Anywhere. I am sure that you won't regret it!

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,608 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DilonDsouza
Sr Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
The Bot Store lets developers create different bots and put them into that marketplace

• "Scalability is one of the best things about most of the RPA bots. Once you create one, scalability is just about multiplying them."
  • "Some things that I do not see as of today are interactive chat or video interface. These are things that I will look for in future. I saw something like picture recognition, but something like a video or voice recognition is something that I'm looking for in the Automation Anywhere platform as an end user and even as a reseller."

What is our primary use case?

In the digitization space, Automation Anywhere has some of the new bots, which are really good. This is making the invoice digitization as a use case quite helpful. The user interface is very interactive and easy to use. At the same time, for giving results, it looks very impressive. That is the use case that we are working on currently. That is one of the best use cases that I have dealt with from Automation Anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

I think most of the keystroke level activities that users used to do in probably the last five years is now taken care completely by Automation Anywhere and similar RPA providers. They are now getting into the next segment of AI. I deal personally with a lot of AI tools in my company, which has got a lot of use cases in this industry. I see Automation Anywhere now getting into this particular segment, and it's very good for the industry

What is most valuable?

The Bot Store is something very impressive because it is one place where you find a lot of free bots that you can test and try different bots. At the same time, you have developers who can create different bots and put them into that marketplace so multiple people can use those bots. It is a win-win situation both for the developers, Automation Anywhere, and even the customers.

5 years

Stability is great from what I hear from the users. As I'm the sales division, I get this feedback from my operations team. Even the technology support that Automation Anywhere provides is very good. At the same time, they have a lot of good B2B services at very low costs which helps in the end-to-end development, deployment, and successful implementations.

Scalability is one of the best things about most of the RPA bots. Once you create one, scalability is just about multiplying them. We've not had challenges with scalability, given we provide the right infrastructure.

As mentioned above this support has been good and we always look forward for continued support here

As a service provider company we have worked in alternate service provider. This is client specific

Straight forward

We are the vendor team here

6 Months to 1.6 years depending on the process we looking to automate

may not be able to comment here.

UI path and AA are the ones on top when we compare

What other advice do I have?

I would surely rate it as a 10 (out of 10). There are other RPA providers as well in this good range, but I think AA is in the top three. I would rate it ten along with another competitor as well who's doing well for us.

If you are new to automation, do try Automation Anywhere or a similar partner. Once you do that, then there's a lot more in the market to explore, e.g., you have the big players, like IBM Watson, Azzure, AWS etc. and one place stop will be a company like Wipro which can help you chose a mix. If you're not started anywhere, then I would recommend to start with Automation Anywhere for RPA.

reviewer1445445
RPA Consultant at Infogain
Feature-rich, with good PDF data extraction to automate invoice processing

• "This product is easy to use, and it helps business users to more easily understand RPA."
  • "It would be useful to have some updates for the control room in terms of analytics."

What is our primary use case?

Automation Anywhere is an RPA package for basic Automation to Complex Automation. It also has analytics and cognitive capability.

I have used Automation Anywhere in many use cases from PDF integration to Excel reconciliation. The best use case was invoice processing using IQ Bot. In this process, we download PDFs from an application and pass it to IQ Bot for the extraction of invoice data.

This helps in extracting data from PDF documents and use it to post the invoices. This is something that we had done in a single dev environment, where Automation Anywhere was on-premises and secured in terms of sharing details for data extraction.

I have also explored other products from Automation Anywhere including IQ Bot and Bot Analytics. In addition, I have provided POCs to customers with Attended Automation 2.0 and the Automation Productivity Pack.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is a COE for RPA and a partner with Automation Anywhere. We have implemented RPA in many of our clients' projects. Not only this, but we have updated the way that we work by adding internal bots to increase our productivity.

We have increased our productivity internally by using RPA with our employees who are completing the same tasks every day. These include jobs like claim management, documentation, etc.

This helps our organization by increasing productivity, and also helps us to understand more use cases that can be applied to our clients' organizations.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere is a package of many features. There is no single feature that will get more value because each feature is important on its own.

I like the software updates because I see new things being added all the time.

The jump From AA v11.3 to A2019 was a great start to help explore RPA and provide more options to developers who are implementing RPA using Java Packages.

What needs improvement?

I believe Automation Anywhere is working perfectly and it is the best in the market. However, some points based on a development perspective I would like to add are:

1. Universal search.
  2. Creating a variable from anywhere, including from the properties/attributes of commands.
  3. I would like to have the ability to delete multiple variables.
  4. It should be possible to delete multiple parameters for the API.
  5. I would like to have commands to link with the respective knowledge base.
  6. Having a refractor in the code would be an improvement.
  7. A predefined framework for Bot Development that includes an audit log and error handling would be helpful.
  8. It would be useful to have some updates for the control room in terms of analytics.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the past three-plus years. I have quite a good understanding of the older versions from 10.5 to 11.3, as well as the latest web version A2019.

Stability-wise, this is a good product.

The scalability is good.

Our experience with technical support has been good. The support does screen sharing to solve issues and explain what they are doing.

Prior to working with this RPA solution, I used programming languages for automation. These included VBScript and Python.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our in-house team deployed this product with the assistance of experts.

If it is saving FTE and Generating a good ROI then it is Worth Investing.

Before choosing Automation Anywhere, I looked at options like free online tools

Google
reviewer1460628
Technology Lead at Infosys Technologies Ltd
Enables us to set down sharp rules of validations which cleared out unnecessary manual interventions

• "The addition of excel advanced to directly append worksheets, add formulas, etc was very beneficial and made the code development faster."
  • "We had a few setbacks because of bots getting queued and unable to force delete a task bot which kept persisting in the control room. These features should be included in future releases which will be highly beneficial."

What is our primary use case?

The use cases I have worked on made use of automated flow across multiple applications along with processing Excels and emails. We were also able to leverage a single tab for processing the entire flow of the record across three different applications. We also used the Analyze package to view the Business dashboard in the dev environment. The only drawback was that the export of the BI dashboard to the other environments is not yet available. The environments used were dev, staging, and production. The bots were exported out and imported into each environment.

How has it helped my organization?

Automating a tedious manual process has helped to reduce manual work and the time taken to process the records. It has also eliminated a great deal of errors because of manual processing. Since the manual process was being automated, we were able to set down sharp rules of validations which cleared out unnecessary manual interventions. Automation has also enabled uniform delivery to the customers with the emails being sent way ahead of time. This has greatly improved product delivery from our end.

What is most valuable?

The usage of steps helped in the segregation of code blocks making it more readable and understandable. The usage of keystrokes in A2019 was much better than in v11. Also, the direct inline usage of the python scripts enabled s to handle various manual processes.

Using the email and the file triggers were very helpful as we were able to directly execute the bots on the trigger.

What needs improvement?

We had a few setbacks because of bots getting queued and unable to force delete a task bot which kept persisting in the control room. These features should be included in future releases which will be highly beneficial. Also when the upgrade happened from .14 to .15, it did not allow for the existing task bots to be checked in. The upgrades should work seamlessly to enable high efficiency of the AA product.

We need the Business dashboard to be exported to other environments. Also for the availability of G-Suite package in the enterprise edition.

I have been using AA for six months.

A2019 needs a few more upgrades to make it more stable and robust but the AA support to handle the shortcomings has been great which has enabled us to make full use of the product.

A2019 is highly scalable and there is a lot of scope for upgrades.

Technical support was prompt and we were able to resolve most of our issues quickly

Earlier, I had used v11.3 of Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup was complex because of the confusion with the Pure cloud version.

In-House

Our ROI is high.

There was a little confusion in terms of the setup costs for the pure cloud version because it was a bit misleading when we understood that all the Control rooms and the bot creators and runners would be on the cloud. The provisioning for the bot agents was not understood immediately.

What other advice do I have?

A2019 is a very good product, there are still some upgrades to be completed, like the functionality of the GIT repository, G-suite package in the enterprise edition. One more advice would be to ensure seamless upgrades so that our current development is not hampered.

Google
reviewer1469046
Deputy Manager - Automation, Business Transformation at a performing arts with 10,001+ employees
The option to use the Python Script has been very helpful

• "There are many features of Automation Anywhere that were found to be most valuable like WLM, PDF integration, Advanced Excel Commands, Terminal Emulator and its commands, Interactive Forms building features of A2019 which helped us in developing UI for our front office automation and integrate it with multiple rest APIs."
  • "We noticed slowness in a few of the commands like Object Cloning, Web Recorders, etc. on which Automation Anywhere can work to make it more robust. There are improvements required in the WLM solution provided by AA, which can make it a more robust queuing system and the system should retry by itself in case of failure due to system error."

What is our primary use case?

We used AA for all of our healthcare clients for multiple use cases. We have automated most manual steps of Claim Adjudication, Claim Pre-Work Validation, Overpayment Recovery, Triaging, Quoting Census, etc.

In the front office side, we have automated Provider Calls as attended solution which helps Agents to take calls hassle-free while Bots gather the required information from multiple applications. We have automated KFI process where AA OCR identifies the CMS1500 form run it through IQ BOT and further post it on the target application.

How has it helped my organization?

By automating most of our LOB's on the healthcare side and putting it on production, we have saved millions of dollars and were also able to achieve FTE benefits. It has improved our quality, AHT, and was also able to achieve target TAT and SLA.

We have successfully processed 10 million claims through unattended BOTs. We also saw significant improvement in Agent performance for provider calls where we deployed attended Bots. Overall, Automation Anywhere has been great for us and helped us in generating revenue as well. We had recognized by Automation Anywhere as Innovation Partner of the Year - 2020 in Payer Segment which helps us in selling our solutions to new healthcare clients.

What is most valuable?

There are many features of Automation Anywhere that were found to be most valuable like WLM, PDF integration, Advanced Excel Commands, Terminal Emulator and its commands, Interactive Forms building features of A2019 which helped us in developing UI for our front office automation and integrate it with multiple rest APIs. The new features which were introduced in A2019 like Data Table, custom DLL, IBM Watson Speech to Text, IQ BOT, Document Extractor has been impressive. The option to use the Python Script has been very helpful.

What needs improvement?

We noticed slowness in a few of the commands like Object Cloning, Web Recorders, etc. on which Automation Anywhere can work to make it more robust. There are improvements required in the WLM solution provided by AA, which can make it a more robust queuing system and the system should retry by itself in case of failure due to system error. There should be the option of selecting credentials by passing variables and not just limit it to selection. Retry mechanism should be included in Enterprise 11.x version which helps developers to reduce the number of lines of code.

I have been using AA for 4.5 years.

Whatever product they launch they make sure that it is 99.9% stable. The stability of this solution is pretty high.

It is scalable for sure and has the capability of becoming the world's number one RPA tool.

It was nice interacting with CS/tech support. Most of the time they resolves issues within 24 hours.

Before AA, we tried a few other RPA tools but those have few challenges in terms of security and interaction feasibility after the AA worked for us nicely.

The initial setup is straightforward and does not necessarily requires technical knowledge.

In our case it was both. The level of expertise was 9 out of 10

We saved millions of dollars and had FTE benefits.

The licensing model and cost are very impressive. Now, you do not have to worry about infra setup cost like Server, Database as it comes free of cost with the A2019 cloud version.

We evaluated BP, UiPath, Pega,  etc.

What other advice do I have?

One word for Automation Anywhere keeps shining and helps your customers/partners to automate & gain more.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: HGS is a Premium Partner of Automation Anywhere and have collaborated to resolve/automate our processes.
reviewer1446147
Senior Manager at Genpact - Headstrong
MSP
Bots save a lot of time, increase efficiency, deliver accurate output, and provide consistency

• "We have a lot of clients who use AA bots in their own process. Automated that are automated require less human input. AA bots save lots of time, increase efficiency, deliver accurate output, and provide consistency which improves the overall function of processes in different domains."
  • "The IQ Bot has not yet succeeded in living up to its reputation due to its high cost, low ROI, and its inability to meet client requirements."

What is our primary use case?

We have a long list of customers and multiple use cases in pharma, account & finance, customer billing & payment, and other domains. We use AA to automate those tasks that need less or no human interaction. The reconciliation tasks, SAP and Excel operations, are automated using AA, take less time, and give accurate results.

Working with MetaBot provided simple drag and drop functionality, integration of DLL of SAP, Outlook, Excel and other application make tasks easier for developers.

Customers are happy with overall performance of bots and it makes the developer's life easy.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a lot of clients who use AA bots in their own process. Tasks that are automated require less human input. AA bots save a lot of time, increase efficiency, deliver accurate output, and provide consistency which improves the overall function of processes in different domains.

AA is an amazing tool that provides great features to perform Excel operations, Data Integration, and manipulation saving thousands of hours. It is an easy to use application that makes the developer's life comfortable. It doesn't require a technical background.

What is most valuable?

MetaBot is one of the most valuable features of AA. The simple drag and drop functionality, integration of DLL of SAP, Outlook, Excel, and other application make tasks easier for developers. There's nothing like MetaBot in other tools.

One can also check the Bot farm for readymade Bots provided by other AA developers and experts.

A2019 is another great feature introduced by AA. The web-based Bot development, Control room, and Bot Insights are other nice features. Improved Error Handling and support of Python script in A2019 seems good.

What needs improvement?

I have identified a few areas where one can find the scope of improvement:

1. AA IQ Bot has not yet succeeded in living up to its reputation due to its high cost, low ROI, and its inability to meet client requirements.

2. Commands such as OCR are not up to the mark the output accuracy is not satisfactory.

3. It is unable to identify IF/Else, for Loop block when reviewing/writing AA code. There should be an expand/collapse button to identify a block of code.

Integration with Google Spreadsheets and other products should be included in the next release.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the last three years.

It is a great and advanced tool for the development of Bots.

In terms of scalability, AA is one of the best available tools in the market and provides a lot of command and tools that do not require any technical specialty.

Easy to use, advanced features like MetaBot, Improved Error Handling, Web-based bot development in A2019, support of Python script and many more.

I have had a great experience with the technical team. I got stuck in one scenario where Object Cloning was not working in the production environment. After spending many hours, I connected with the AA technical team and they provided a prompt solution.

I did not use any other solution.

ROI depends on time, cost, output accuracy, and effective and consistent results.

The pricing of AA is quite high as compared to other tools as it's one of the best RPA tools available in the market.

I did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Just reduce AA licensing prices and provide real scenario-based training modules in learning sections.

Other
reviewer1030035
RPA Engineer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good performance speeds and strengthens processes, but it needs to be more intuitive

• "I consider the verification station very useful because it allows you to quickly check if the data extracted are correct or if you need to change the process."
  • "You could improve the tools for reading CSV/Excel, also providing wizards or detailed guides, otherwise, it is quite complex to use them, especially at the beginning."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly used AA to extract data from invoices from PDF files with multiple formats and to upload this data to a Data Lake, on a Windows machine.

Other projects involved extracting data from Excel and CSV files and then inserting them into custom applications, databases, and mainframes and finally sending recap emails to the user.

The Bots developed, according to the end user's needs and the type of process, were both attended and unattended. In both cases, the end-users were always satisfied with the functioning and performances of the Bots.

How has it helped my organization?

By automating the process with AA and using the verification station, it was possible to speed up the process and strengthen it, involving the process owner in the verification of the correctness of the data extracted.

It is becoming more and more normal for companies that a process is carried out partly or totally by a Bot, thus allowing humans to dedicate themselves to high value-added activities.

The speed-up and greater control over the quality of the processes have also led to savings in money and are increasing the happiness of the company's customers.

What is most valuable?

I consider the verification station very useful because it allows you to quickly check if the data extracted are correct or if you need to change the process. The process owner is also much happier because he is more involved in the implementation of the Bot and thus it is easier to develop the requirements.

During the test phases and during the review, it is possible to engage the process owner who almost enjoys verifying the correct functioning of the Bot, thanks also to the simple and attractive interface of the verification station.

What needs improvement?

It would be useful to have an online wiki on each tool that can be used on AA with practical examples of use, with images and videos.

It would also be useful to increase the community and make public in a forum the problems solved by other developers through the support, so that we can use past experience to solve development problems without having to send emails to AA about a problem that may have already been solved.

I use Automation Anywhere for five months.

I think the final product is quite stable. All the functionalities included in AA are extensively tested and thus do not present strange errors after the Bot has been released into production. AA also handles the release of new versions of the IDE very well, guaranteeing the portability of the code with simple procedures.

It is a very scalable product, also thanks to some features included in the IDE.

So far, I have not used customer service very much.

I currently use both Automation Anywhere and UiPath. Depending on what you need to automate, one may perform better than the other.

The initial setup is quite long and full of different phases. It would take only one official AA installation guide with the most detailed step-by-step description and one image per step, without the need to consult more than one guide.

I implemented through a vendor team and their level of expertise is medium-high.

We also evaluated UiPath.

What other advice do I have?

It is a tool that allows you to have excellent performance but some features are not intuitive to use.

Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.