reviewer1469010
Technical Consultant at PT. Mitra Integrasi Informatika
Flexible, improves productivity and creativity, and provides good security for company credentials

• "Having a cloud-based deployment provides more flexibility because we just need an internet connection for connecting the agent into the AA cloud."
  • "For the short term, in this pandemic era, they should have a feature to write and save directly into Word documents, Office 365, or Google Docs."

What is our primary use case?

We use automation for a tax invoice process, finance process, and human resource process.

In the tax process, it collects all tax invoices from a folder, then AA reads a QR code on the document to confirm, then extracts it to an Excel sheet for the success process and failed process.

For finance, AA calculates the tax type on each project. After that, AA inputs the data into the ERP system for further processing.

For the HR department, AA will shortlist the candidates on the portal. It will then send an email to qualified candidates to follow further instructions for testing. Then, AA will collect the results of the test and send them to the HR staff to process further.

How has it helped my organization?

On the tax, finance, and HR processes, AA will automate collecting documents, then extract them into an Excel file, and also do the confirmation using a QR code. In the past, these processes were completed by three or four staff over one to two days. Using automation, these processes are completed in between one and two hours, using one robot. With these savings in time, the staff can do more in other areas.

These advantages improve staff productivity and creativity. It also means that they do not need more overtime. As a result, it will impact positively on the company overall.

What is most valuable?

It's a cloud-based solution, so we do not need any on-premises server. Having a cloud-based deployment provides more flexibility because we just need an internet connection for connecting the agent into the AA cloud.

For a few workflow processes that need credentials, AA provides more security for this. Their encryption is to ensure that our credentials are always secure and cannot be accessed by unauthorized people.

The dashboard can be accessed by several roles. User monitoring, for example, can view the dashboard, watch how many robots have failed, and other stats, but they cannot change how the robot works.

What needs improvement?

For the short term, in this pandemic era, they should have a feature to write and save directly into Word documents, Office 365, or Google Docs. As it is now, it can only save to Excel files.

In the long term, in the cloud era, it would be great if they had an API or connection into other cloud services, such as SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS. This would mean that their automation ecosystem would be more complex, helping to improve our productivity and creativity.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for about a year.

Stability-wise, this is a good product.

The scalability is good.

We have not yet tried to contact technical support.

Before AA, all of our processes were done manually.

The initial setup is straightforward, as this is a cloud-based deployment.

We implemented using an in-house team.

Our ROI is approximately USD $40k to $50k.

The cost of this solution is a little bit high, but it is worth the price.

We evaluated UiPath before choosing Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

So far, all the features and services match today's technology, and we expect it will remain current for at least the next two to three years. I hope that they keep this great work on RPA.

RP
Senior Testing Consultant at Dark Horse Digital
Increases productivity, reduces errors, and frees up resources for more valuable tasks

• "OCR, Image Recognition, Object Cloning, and PDF integration help us a lot."
  • "The Image Recognition functionality should be enhanced to improve the accuracy of checkboxes."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Automation Anywhere to automate manual processes and make the organization digital. We have replaced most of the human resources and we are utilizing them for more valued tasks. Now, the other business users are attracted by the output of it and are approaching us to automate their processes in their respective lines of businesses.

We started at version 10 and moved to version 11x. It is more powerful than the previous one, but the new cloud-based RPA has attracted us more and we are migrating to A2019.

How has it helped my organization?

We have increased our productivity by five times as of now, and we are still growing.

Now, most of the processes are automated and even free from an audit perspective, as they are completely automated without human intervention. This is getting better and better.

The user is experiencing much higher outputs without error, rather than using humans who are prone to errors. As this works 24 by 7, they are preferring to automate the task and get it processed using the bot. Multiple business lines are adopting this.

What is most valuable?

OCR, Image Recognition, Object Cloning, and PDF integration help us a lot. We have used these mostly, as our system is legacy. We automate primarily with image recognition and MetaBots, which are mostly accurate.

Metabots are a useful feature that helps us overcome the issues that we face using image recognition. The reading of data from Excel is much easier and is getting even better in A2019.

The bot store helps us to download most of the reusable utilities and overcome our issues. We also earn at the same time.

What needs improvement?

It can be improved in a few areas where the legacy system can be read through object cloning.

The Image Recognition functionality should be enhanced to improve the accuracy of checkboxes. In A2019, the bot agent will be deployed on the local machine when we run the bot runner, but to download it takes too long, and the user will lose patience. My advice is to improve on this.

Sometimes, the files are getting corrupted and this causes us a lot of trouble. This is an issue that is still pending.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for three and a half years.

Automation Anywhere is very stable.

The scalability is very good and we have had a pretty good impression from the beginning. It has not changed yet.

The technical support is very good. Whenever we raise any ticket with the support team, they respond immediately. Our issues have been resolved on our schedule after they determine the root cause of the problem.

We did not use another RPA solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was straightforward. The technical team from Automation Anywhere has helped us in installing. They were able to answer our questions wherever required.

The vendor assisted us and they were very good. They are very responsive and reliable.

Not sure as it is from higher management. As of now we cannot share it.

The price is very reasonable.

We did not evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this product seems pretty good as of now.

Other
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1464582
Associate at Cognizant Technology Solutions
Prompt technical support, good Excel support, and it provides a significant FTE savings

• "The Object Cloning command is the most useful feature. Through the use of this command, between 30% and 40% of the process automation is complete."
  • "In the next release, once the bot is triggered, the system should always recognize the active state and not prompt the user to log in again before the bot finishes all of its tasks."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use Automation Anywhere to automate Windows applications and Web applications. Both of these are easily automatable with the advanced Automation Anywhere commands, which are user-friendly and easy to use in the Financial & Banking services industry.

It can be used to automate the PDF processes, Microsoft Word, as well as Excel. Without manual intervention, the bot can make its own decisions based on the business rules, and its timely actions make the bot to run smoothly. This saves the users' time and compared to manual processes, the bot reduces the effort and time, with it safely run from the control room.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere has brought fantastic changes in the process workflows, by automating the maximum number of processes with end-to-end solutions, some of them with 80% of the complete process.

We're able to automate most of the tasks with ease and in less time. We can test seamlessly, before delivering the end product, and once the bots are live it is very easy to maintain.

AA commands are tremendous in obtaining the object properties dynamically once it is captured, and we can select the required properties from the automatically generated ones.

What is most valuable?

The Object Cloning command is the most useful feature. Through the use of this command, between 30% and 40% of the process automation is complete.

The Excel commands are useful for fetching the cell values and then running specific commands. With this feature, we can invoke the existing macros wherever it is required and once it generates the outputs, the results can also be used for further decision making. This helps the process to run uninterrupted and avoids manual intervention.

What needs improvement?

We have observed that AA gets locked sometimes. After being used for hours with the same bot, while still using the Run Window command and having it in an open state, the users received a prompt to log back into the control room. This is not correct, leading the bot to fail at certain times.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for more than three years.

It has high scalability and can fit into any organizational environment.

Always, we receive prompt and very good service from the AA Technical support team.

Prior to using AA, we used Macros to automate certain processes, but we were only able to automate 50% of the entire end to end solution. This is because of its lack of consistency to when interacting with the web-based and Windows applications.

Automation Anywhere has excellent features that resolve all of the above problems.

The initial setup is very user-friendly, making it easy to install and ready to use software.

We implemented in-house by following business guidelines.

We've delivered approximately 150+ bots and saved about 200 FTEs worth of time per annum.

Regarding the price, licensing, and maintenance, Automation Anywhere provides its customers with its best and affordable value.

We did not evaluate other RPA solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that if you offer RPA services then you should advertise it well because it will take you further.

Private Cloud
AS
Associate Director - Projects at Cognizant
User-friendly, powerful API, and Orchestrator helps us to track the status of tasks

• "The support team is good and is able to resolve the issues or any challenges we encounter."
  • "Sometimes the tool is timing out, which would be a good thing to have resolved."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this product to automate various BPO processes, where the manual operation team currently does them manually in my project. The process we are currently working on has multiple applications and the API integrated, so we get details from the API and feed those into the front end application. We then process and update the status of the policy in another application.

The main interaction involves retrieving data from a set of applications and feeding it into other applications. Therefore, AA is mainly used for handling end-to-end processes that are compromised of all of the business validations.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool provides us with easy accessibility for adopting the new process, as it is more user- friendly. This is the main reason that we implemented this tool. Many new resources are able to grasp the tool and start doing the automation with ease, which is basically missing in the other vendors' tools.

In terms of adaptability, AA has a significant contribution. Most users can easily understand it. The support team is good and is able to resolve the issues or any challenges we encounter.

What is most valuable?

Actions are very much user-friendly, which we can easily use to proceed with development. The API connection is easy to incorporate and also has the ability to track the task status in the Orchestrator.

XML action commands and Excel commands are the ones we most frequently use in the real world processing of the policy. When we have features targeting those, it will be good enough for the majority of the process we automated.

All of the key action items have been easy to incorporate.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the tool is timing out, which would be a good thing to have resolved.

It will be good if we have a framework that is created with the package, so we can leverage those for the multiple processes. As it is now, we create a base framework.

When we have more packages for each of the basic operations, it will be more user-friendly and easier to complete, rather than starting from scratch.

Ideally, when we have those packages we can leverage them for overall project development. Adopting the cloud platform will be more convenient, as opposed to depending on the on-premises setup.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for three and a half years.

Applications can be more effective with the development of bots that are affected less by changes in the object and environment.

The support team is good in helping with queries and issues that had held up the automation.

We used UiPath previously. AA is more user-friendly and adaptable such that anyone can learn and more easily understand how to incorporate it into the process automation.

The initial setup is not complicated.

I would rate the vendor installation team and eight out of ten.

I don't have the exact figures but it does provide ROI.

The setup cost depends on multiple factors, so you need to get details before choosing.

What other advice do I have?

Version A2019 is available and will be adopting it in the coming months. We are looking forward to working on this new version.

AS
Software Engineer at Capgemini
Everything can be seen from the control room and can be controlled from there

• "The control room is the best part as everything can be seen and controlled from there, scheduling storing of credentials, and much more. I have used PDF extraction and other tools where data needs to be extracted and it works great at that part. I highly recommended this tool for automation."
  • "At some places, the if-else statements become so confusing so, at that place, they can change the UI for better understanding. Apart from this I liked this tool and would like to continue working on this."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case depends on SAP and Excel platforms, where we automated repetitive tasks. Also, we automated the Tableau server using this.

We use SQL DB for storing logs. We have been using it for one year for our client. The support also is great. If we are stuck, the Automation Anywhere team comes to the rescue. I have worked on other RPA tools but this is more logical and easy to use. The flows and the commands can be easily learned by a beginner as coding knowledge is not needed.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us a great extent as we are part of the service and basically provide clients with automation solutions for their manual and repetitive tasks. We have done automation on SAP, Excels, web applications, Outlook, and many more application platforms.

It is JAVA based so it is easy to use and user-friendly. Now comes the support part, where the use cases are deployed and hyper care is given to the bot. It is easy to schedule an easy process of deployment too. The credentials are stored safely.

What is most valuable?

Mostly the Metabots function and Excel as DB function are of great help as we can connect to SAP and work on that easily. Excel as DB helps us to perform operations on it even when huge amounts of data are on it.

The control room is the best part as everything can be seen and controlled from there, scheduling storing of credentials, and much more. I have used PDF extraction and other tools where data needs to be extracted and it works great at that part. I highly recommended this tool for automation.

What needs improvement?

Already the new version is out, which has cognitive abilities. The bot learning skills are there, which helps to train the bot. AA has done a great job by bringing compatibility with IBM Watson and many other AI interfaces. If some more functions we can get related to other web applications will be a great help. At some places, the if-else statements become so confusing so, at that place, they can change the UI for better understanding. Apart from this I liked this tool and would like to continue working on this.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for one year.

It is quite a stable platform based on Java.

It is highly scalable.

We once had an issue with the SAP meta bot, where the click was not working so the tech support team helped find the issue and then changed the code so that the issue does not come back.

We had a resolution issue, where the bot was unable to find the screens. They also helped us with that.

I used Automic but switched because it was not much compatible with other applications. Also, it was more of coding which made it a complex tool to work upon.

The vendor team is great, we have reached out for many issues and they responded well.

Setup cost is a bit okay, but once it is up, it can give a great amount of ROI.

What other advice do I have?

This tool is a good platform for automation.

Robotic Process Automation Developer at Mekkanos Limited
Has enables a drastic increase in employee productivity, reduced human errors, and better SLAs

• "The best feature is the drag-and-drop command. Users with less coding knowledge can also automate their end-to-end processes very easily."
  • "When it comes to Citrix automation, AA should improve or add more features in such a way that all the commands should work when automating a Citrix application."

What is our primary use case?

I have used Automation Anywhere for automating different use cases which involved applications such as Excel, SAP, PDF, Salesforce, Outlook Web applications, Desktop Automation Email automation, and many more. I have automated many processes that involve report generation using Excel, invoice processing, order processing, BPO related processes, and many more. It's safe to automate processes that involve secure credentials because Automation Anywhere provides an encrypted centralized credential vault.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization has worked with multiple clients and helped them automate their repetitive and mundane processes. These organizations have seen a drastic increase in employee productivity, reduced human errors, and better SLAs. All of this leads to customer satisfaction.

AA is not much more expensive compared to other RPA tools, so ROI was much higher by automating some of the end-to-end business processes. Support and maintenance work is also easy because of the well-managed control room architecture.

What is most valuable?

Centralized Control made maintenance and support work easier.

Bot Insights is another feature in which the bot can log all the statistical information and display it to the end-users in a graphical view.

In A2019, I liked Excel Automation because now it is possible to automate Excel files without having Excel installed on the machine in which the bot runs.

What needs improvement?

There should be more options to write codes in VBScript, C#, Python, etc. directly within any commands, instead of just invoking an already existing script.

Since A2019 is cloud-based and since it is a new product, there are a lot of commands that require improvisations such as the Outlook Save Email command, Rest API commands, and a few others.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the last two years and for the past six months, I have been using the latest version, A2019.

When it comes to scalability, AA has a lot of potential. Now with A2019, the commands and the subcommands got doubled and now automation has been very easy.

We get excellent support from Automation Anywhere for any type of product-related issues and queries. They typically reply within 24 hours of time.

I have not used any other solutions before. But recently I have started using UiPath.

The setup was so straightforward for me as I was from a technical background.

In-house.

ROI was much higher compared to what we have expected or calculated during our ROI calculation stage.

The cost of unattended bots is reasonable and when it comes to attended automation the licensing cost for Attended bot runners is a bit expensive. The overall price is not so expensive compared to other tools.

I have not evaluated because this solution was chosen by my organization.

What other advice do I have?

I believe that A2019 is going to be the next big thing in the RPA field.

Microsoft Azure
reviewer997830
GIS Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to set up, reduces time spent on tasks, and provides ROI quickly

• "The Control Room is the most important feature, where we can manage the bots and publish to various bot runners in the environment."
  • "If we are getting input from a CSV file, we have to add one more layer of automation that first saves the data to an Excel file."

What is our primary use case?

The main and primary use case using Automation Anywhere is "Invoice generation", which has repetitive steps and a huge amount of data. For this automation, we worked on a database, Excel, and mail activities.

In order to connect Automation Anywhere with our database, which is in a remote location, we had to install related drivers in the working machine. After that, we apply some business logic to the data and insert it into an invoice template that is in XLSX format.

Ultimately, we save the file as a PDF and send the output file to the user through email.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere helped us to reduce the work time on data operations. It helps us to work fast and deliver fast. Without it, our work takes too much time using manual effort.

Along with reducing the time, we get the return on investment fast. Now, we are identifying many use cases that are fittable with RPA and Automation Anywhere. The organization has set up a separate RPA CoE and various teams working in this center of excellence. From this, we are working on various problems and providing solutions to clients.

What is most valuable?

Automation Anywhere has many features that are not supported by other RPA vendors. One of these features is Metabots, and I find it to be the most valuable part of Automation Anywhere.

Metabots are reusable and can be developed easily.

The Control Room is the most important feature, where we can manage the bots and publish to various bot runners in the environment. Here we can add users, edit them, and we are able to assign various roles to the users.

Task Bot can be used to implement the business logic, step by step.

What needs improvement?

I think automation anywhere is a complete system if we have to work on structured data that doesn't require human decisions. However, it does not work as well with retrieving data from images. Image automation is something that needs to be improved.

One more thing is that Automation Anywhere does not support reading and writing to CSV files. If we are getting input from a CSV file, we have to add one more layer of automation that first saves the data to an Excel file. This is important to us because most of the data we get from the database is saved to a CSV file.

For the last three years, we have been partnered with Automation Anywhere.

I would rate stability at 90%.

Scalability-wise, I would rate AA a nine out of ten.

The technical support is good.

I haven't used any other RPA solution. We tried with Automation Anywhere and the solution works.

The initial setup was quite easy, and they will provide setup documents.

I have worked both in-house and with the vendor team.

I would rate the ROI a ten out of ten. I can say it is profitable to use Automation Anywhere as your RPA solution.

Overall, the pricing of Automation Anywhere is good.

We have compared it to other RPA vendors like UiPath and Blue Prism.

reviewer1468983
Software Engineer at Accenture
User-friendly, Bot Store offers helpful utilities for free, and we have realized FTE savings for our tasks

• "AA has good coverage in terms of out-of-the-box functionality for bot development and management."
  • "The Control room audit logs should be moved to an archive for those that are more than six months old."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case starts with downloading an inventory file in IE and then storing it in the database. This uses DB variables that interact with the banking application.

Through its automating system of generating quotations, it is much easier for us to track back the same customer data. It is giving us a real-time capability for generating reports.

Automation anywhere has equipped us with amazing tools including Bot Insight, IQ Bot, Discovery Bot, etc. The Discovery Bot is used to search the entire task in the system that can be automated. It keeps much value in our organization.

Extracting PDFs is very easy using Automation Anywhere. Its strong points are that it is easy to use, easy to deploy, easy to share, and has multi-user support. Different devices can be used to execute the bot.

The Bot Store provides some utilities for free, which can then be integrated into my workflows easily.

How has it helped my organization?

Using automation has reduced between five and eight FTE in our inventory download and update task. This is more generic to the RPA space than AA specifically, but we tried to automate a large, high FTE, end-to-end process as a POC.

What is most valuable?

AA is user friendly.

The most valuable features are the web recorder, which is used to extract structured table data, the Metabot to handle smart process automation (SPA), Object Cloning, variable assignment, and Message boxes.

IQ Bot is a unique offering from AA that allows you to extract information from semi-structured documents like PDF invoices, using built-in ML. The ability to train documents and easily review any that fall outside of the model is excellent.

AA has good coverage in terms of out-of-the-box functionality for bot development and management. A2019 has some great new features that take this further, such as the ability to create custom commands for your organization, which helps code reuse and development.

What needs improvement?

Comparing the code from dev to QA or production should be in some easier way.

Pausing the bot and resuming it in Metabot should be easier.

The error handling capability is good but we are facing difficulties when there are multiple tasks in the same project. I want to be able to handle errors that occur in sub-tasks and it would be better to introduce a global error handler so that we can debug all of the relevant tasks.

I would like to have a project sharing hub like GitHub, inside of the tool, which will help to consolidate project files post-deployment.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the past four years.

We experienced continuous bot disconnections in our environment. Once we validated it with the AA support team, they suggest for version upgrade and it solved our problem.

The technical support team has good knowledge of the product. They understand problems well and then provide solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My recommendation would be to start with some simpler processes. This will build your capability and understanding far more quickly. Automating processes that utilize a lot of different web applications can be tricky without additional input/error checking. Be sure that your code is resilient enough to ensure inputs get transcribed accurately and pages/content are loaded before executing more lines of code.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.