reviewer1390509
Associate Manager at Accenture
Provides users the ability to create bots directly in the control room

• "The universal recorder is a kind of hybrid recorder that enables the user to record the data across devices."
  • "SMTP mail features should come with migration options. All kind of VB scripts and Java scripts which we built using exiting version should support in this version."

What is our primary use case?

• We have validated all the primary features of A2019. New features can be added just by updating the new Package (a group of commands).
  • Pass Credentials in CR Directly to run a bot on any device.
  • Instead of installing AA Client, we will just install Bot agent on the runner machine.
  • Excel commands are classified into two types Excel Basic, Excel Advanced By giving a lot of scope to use a wide range of Excel operations.
  • Instead of using AA Client, A2019 provides users the ability to create bots directly in the control room.
  • Flow, List, Dual Views enable the user-friendly environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We have done lot of implementation with Automation Anywhere. Recently, we have used IQ Bot's latest version and delivered a few projects. It is saving most FTE benefits using Automation Anywhere automation. One good thing in A2019 is that all products of Automation Anywhere, like IQBOT services, Meta Bot Designer, Discovery Bot, and Control room are all together in one product which is very effective for any business team. Package options and workload management with queues are the most efficient features.

What is most valuable?

• The universal recorder is a kind of hybrid recorder that enables the user to record the data across devices.
  • Option to send email from Outlook or SMTP.
  • A2019 also supports Python script(2.0/3.0) along with Javascript and VBScript. Also it as inline scripting and importing script file feature.
  • A2019 contains almost 11 diffs. datatypes. Ex: window,number,table.
  • Browser support is Improved with Different Browsers support: IE, Mozilla, Chrome.
  • A2019 is not dependent on single os. It supports Linux, Windows, etc.
  • Running bot through Excel, Waiting for release from the vendor
  • Instead of meta bots we can use run DLL commands

What needs improvement?

• Cloud API vision and OCR engine integration should be more effective.
  • Auto-update of the Bot agent in runtime machines from Automation Anywhere control room server.
  • The import and export of the previous version bots to the latest version of A2019 should be more flexible and friendly for the end business users.
  • AI Sense recorder should be upgraded with additional features for better results.
  • SMTP mail features should come with migration options. All kind of VB scripts and Java scripts which we built using exiting version should support in this version.

We have been using Automation Anywhere for three months.

The stability of the solution is good with the latest version with final patches. Automation Anywhere team release patches in every release to enhance the features and performance of the added features

It is good for scalability.

Technical support is good.

We have migrated few projects from other RPA tools to Automation Anywhere RPA automation.

The setup is easy but it is better to have AA support person during that activity.

AA Support team is good in the environment setup.

ROI is as expected.

I am managing the entire cost, price, and licensing model for our project.

We have entirely validated the products before using in our projects.

What other advice do I have?

Initial version of products bugs should be reduced.

reviewer1460619
Sap BW on HANA Consultant at Infosys Technologies Ltd
Converted daily routine tasks into automated processes at minimal cost with available infrastructure

• "AA control room is one central system to manage our tasks. We found it excellent to administrate. It was used for easy scheduling of process/task in Remote desktop. This helped to avoid manual intervention to trigger tasks."
  • "The accuracy in Web Recorder needs to be improved, defective outputs found most of the time(not sure if is a website side issue)."

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily used for automating manual processes in Project. Automation was carried out in a two-way process, downloading files from client email and scanning values from PDF file. Post these values were compared with thresholds and return mail is sent. Most of the process is carried out in the Windows environment and the Gmail suite is used as the target output location. It also included SAP application BEx for downloading the file as an Excel sheet and sent as an attachment to an email. This was all implemented in AA, and saved a few man-hours in Project.

How has it helped my organization?

It was helpful in managing manual task automations and innovative ways to be introduced to projects. It most benefitted us in converting daily routine tasks into automated processes at minimal cost with available infrastructure. This was the most valuable use, that it didn't cost clients infrastructure. Also, a daily status update of the process is sent through an email easily, updating all stakeholders with daily status. The overall features proved a profitable deal in implementing AA in Project.

What is most valuable?

AA control room is one central system to manage our tasks. We found it excellent to administrate. It was used for easy scheduling of process/task in Remote desktop. This helped to avoid manual intervention to trigger tasks.

Also, various features like easy email and file reading eg: PDF, XML, etc were innovatively helpful to scan out values and use as variables in code.

Another helpful feature is the easy command sidebar provided, where we can easily drag and drop a required command.

What needs improvement?

The accuracy in Web Recorder needs to be improved, defective outputs found most of the time(not sure if is a website side issue).

You cannot add dynamic variables in PDF scanned values, hopefully, this can be added as a new feature in future.

Integration with most-used email applications eg: Gmail, Outlook, etc for ease in sending mails without any configuration of port or hostname. This could help to concentrate on actual problems, instead of spending time to figure out port and hostname for sending or receiving emails.

I have been using AA for the last five months.

Recognizable stability observed in tool with various tasks performed in parallel.

Scalability may vary situation with each situation. According to me, most of the time we will get expected results with substantial capacity of computation in the process.

Customer and technical support both were supportive and were able to provide solutions quickly.

We used Blue Prism and the reason we switched was because we found more ease in using features and less documentation required compared to Blue Prism.

Complex, since there are multiple applications involved, SAP, EMail through Gmail suite. Setting up an application in remote desktop with access to SAP and emails.

In-house.

Our ROI is 22.81%.

License for AA, before investing in infrastructure list out and analyze the current setup, since AA can be implemented at a minimal cost as well without extra infra/setup.

We previously used Blue Prism.

Other
Learn what your peers think about Automation Anywhere (AA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1454253
RPA Developer at Alzone Software Pvt. Ltd.
A flexible and adaptive tool that significantly improves operations, but Java application support needs improvement

• "Automation Anywhere is one of the leading RPA tool vendors and they have done splendid work on improving their tool."
  • "I feel that document extraction like IQ Bot can be made more refined so that it may reach its full potential."

What is our primary use case?

For us, the primary use of Automation Anywhere bots is to automate the business, administrative, and financial aspects of businesses. We have automated many tax reconciliations and also automated the monthly salary slip generation for all the employees.

In business processes, the purchase order and invoice generation scenarios have been automated. Automation of Salesforce entries has also been done with Automation Anywhere, which has significantly reduced the burden for employees and made their day more productive.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere can have a significant impact on any company's operation, as it can automate a wide variety of tasks that are mundane, time-consuming, and the least productive.

The Automation of salary slip generation for all employees in the organization has helped the HR spend less time manually preparing excel sheets and reconciling with other data and more time in improving the quality and working experience for employees by addressing their issues.

Other administrative functions like keeping a record of employee attendance and work hours have also been automated

What is most valuable?

The Automation Anywhere (2019) is now a SAAS product, hence I feel it's more fluid to use in any environment compared to the AA11.3x versions.

Automation Anywhere used to have a three-layer architecture with a Control Room, Runner, and Workbench but now it has combined the Control Room and Workbench into One. This made it easy to create bots and administer them.

The document Processing tool called IQ Bot has had several new updates, like a logic field, where you can include Python scripts. I feel it makes the tool more adaptive and flexible.

What needs improvement?

Automation Anywhere is one of the leading RPA tool vendors and they have done splendid work on improving their tool. The places where I still see scope for improvement is in their background automation are, and also their ability to handle Java applications.

I feel that document extraction like IQ Bot can be made more refined so that it may reach its full potential.

Another area I feel that needs improvement is the variances caused in extraction results when using the tool with third-party OCRs. This is something that needs to be addressed. I believe rather than giving more third-party options, a single good OCR solution must be added to prevent variations in extraction results.

I have been using Automation Anywhere both A11.3x and A2019 for more than two years.

There is brittleness in UI Automation but this can be circumvented by using REST APIs if they are available. Also, the Java Applications still seem a herculean task to automate for many RPA tool vendors.

The bots are scalable and the only thing one has to ensure for better scalability is proper architecture at the beginning with a long-term approach in mind.

The customer service of AA has been good. Many of our queries were addressed with the raising of tickets as quickly as possible.

The set up was easy and straightforward, and the support was also good.

What other advice do I have?

I have automated and released at least a thousand bots by now. I have also used Automation Anywhere's Intelligent document extraction solution called IQ Bot, both the 11.3 version and the 2019 version.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
reviewer1460073
Team Manager at Capgemini
Increases service to customers while systematically reducing costs

• "AA allows you to create processes using 3 types of robots: Task Bot, Meta Bot, and IQ Bot. Instead of rewriting redundant code for processes, a meta bot can be used instead. This type of robot is best used for complex scalable processes. IQ Bot: The most powerful of the 3 types of robots is the IQ Bot."
  • "The debugger is also a weakness of the tool, forcing the developer to use error handling or message box to map errors. Few applications take more time for loading when integrated."

What is our primary use case?

I am a Digital Transformation Consultant & my role revolves around suggesting, recommending & implementing the best automation solution across to my clients. Some of them also include:

a) Lower operating costs

b) Faster ROI

c) Ability to be more competitive

Giving the right automation solutions can reap major benefits. Understanding these benefits—and some obstacles—will help us develop support for an operations automation project. The primary benefits of operations automation cited most often were cost reduction, productivity, availability, reliability, and performance.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation Anywhere (AA) has helped me in suggesting, recommending & implementing the best automation solution across to my client

AA is a better and more intelligent approach to cost containment and reduction. The greatest opportunity is to increase service to the customer (end-user) while systematically reducing costs. Management often overlooks this potential for savings. Most modern servers have a low operating cost and the total cost of ownership has been declining. AA solution has helped to streamline operations in businesses of all sizes.

What is most valuable?

The benchmarking scores, the latest technology improvements & the use cases are the most valuable aspects.

• Intelligent automation for business and IT tasks.
  • Uses SMART Automation Technology.
  • Rapidly Automates complex and complicated tasks.
  • Create automation tasks like recording keyboard strokes and mouse clicks.
  • Distribute tasks to multiple computers

AA allows you to create processes using 3 types of robots: Task Bot, Meta Bot, and IQ Bot. Instead of rewriting redundant code for processes, a meta bot can be used instead. This type of robot is best used for complex scalable processes. IQ Bot: The most powerful of the 3 types of robots is the IQ Bot.

What needs improvement?

With more demo recordings and positive real-time reviews from the clients. AA should provide a free evaluation period so it is easy to attract new customers. It is not able to use OCR effectively and has limited usability. Handwritten documents are still a drawback.

It is also difficult in terms of control room management. The debugger is also a weakness of the tool, forcing the developer to use error handling or message box to map errors. Few applications take more time for loading when integrated.

I have been using AA since 2017.

• It is highly accurate and gets up and running in a very short period of time.
  • You can keep the BOT learning by feeding more and more data sets, which makes the whole process highly efficient.
  • It is very cost-effective when deployed and when scaling out to the limit.

• Using Automation Anywhere's tool we can automate window and Web-based processes. It is very easy to use.
  • It can automate rule-based and repetitive processes.
  • It can work 24*7 without taking a rest.
  • Time-saving. It is very fast in comparison to doing something manually.
  • Cost-saving.

They are always up to mark and ready to help out when in need.

The initial setup was straightforward.

We used a vendor team, they were great !

It has been fair to be honest.

The setup cost, pricing and/or licensing of AA sounds reasonable considering its capability.

What other advice do I have?

Keep up the good work & keep improving as you grow.

Ravindra Kumar Muduli
Senior RPA Developer at ViS networks Pvt Lmt
One of the best, popular and user friendly RPA platform/tool provider compare to other RPA providers.

• "Sometimes the customer will not provide any data. Using Automation Anywhere, we can easily automate to capture the customer data. Then, we can use that customer data inside the Cisco Unified Wire Voice Portal."
  • "Our current version needs drag and drop, but that should be in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

From started working on Automation Anywhere platform, primarily worked on contact center and telecommunication sectors. Now exploring our RPA solution/expertise towards different different sectors such as insurance, medical, transport, education and so on.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of automation anywhere platforms/tools we have done few projects for our existing clients and internal as well. Overall it is a good product which we can use to automation many repetitive tasks or known tasks. Also it has capability to automate complex and unstructured or semi structured datas.

What is most valuable?

It has IQ Bot, Meta  bot and bot insight features/products which are a good advantages over all other RPA platforms. Also AA is providing self learning platform where we can up our RPA skills and do develop/hands on practice on the both community (on premise and cloud) editions.

What needs improvement?

Currently I am using AAEC 11.3.4 and A2019 version. Both are stable and have all the required features. If I will find anything which has to be focus on definitely recommend to AA team.

From 2018, I am working on automation anywhere platforms.

Same I would give 8 out of 10 scale rate.

I will give 8 out of 10 scale rate.

Yes, we had a good experience with customer/technical support team but few more improvement requirements from AA team.

I started with Automation anywhere platform only later I tried other RPA platforms such as UiPath, Nice, Workfusion. But compare to Automation Anywhere I didn't find any other RPA platforms as a competitor. It's a best and easy to learn.

It was very easy and anyone can do it. If they are doing for lab or personal setup. For the client AA teams are helping.

We have implemented through vendor and in-house team.

ROI is good and impressive after using automation anywhere RPA platform.

Pricing is average and less than blue prism. But one thing I would like to add that post 1+ years completion only we can expect ROI because after taking license and putting RPA solutions into production will take lots of efforts and time. Thus in one or below one year time period we can't expect good ROI.

Having said that I found few bugs in the 11.3.1.2 version and later upgraded into 11.3.4 version we didn't find any issue and for other suggested parts they already resolve/added features in the A2019 cloud edition.

What other advice do I have?

In the A2019 community edition, while running its taking time to run RPA bots and having few bugs related to IQ Bot server connectivity and other things. But they will solve it soon as expected.

Also in A2019 they should make one separate page or redirected into separate page where we can easily develop RPA bots because in CR webpage my bot section we are not getting enough space to develop resulting its taking time to create bot. Because many developers working on system with screen resolution 1366*768. It will be better if they can add one separate windows/page for RPA bot development in the CR webpage.

reviewer1464534
RPA Specialist at Thirdware Solution Ltd.
The flow chart view helped our customers easily understand the code

• "It has improved a lot. We could identify a lot of manual processes that can be automated for our customers. The scope of automation by using Automation Anywhere has become wonderful. IQ Bot and AI sense are the incredible features provided."
  • "We have encountered some issues in the actions like Terminal Emulator-> Send Key -> Page Down/Up not working."

What is our primary use case?

Automation of AP 3 Way Invoice Matching Process. Details from PDF invoices with the corresponding data in terminal. This project involved applications like Outlook, Aurora Terminal, PDF reading by IQ Bot, and Excel. The current scope of the project was to process around 600 invoices per day from 20 different suppliers which has saved a lot of time for the end-user. It has been deployed in production and the customer is pretty much happy with the performance of the bot.

On-Premise installation of CR with 1 runner and 2 creator license.

IQ Bot

16GB RAM

How has it helped my organization?

The features and the architecture of Automation Anywhere make it easy to analyze any process and conclude good candidates for the automation. The flow chart view helped our customers understand the code pretty easily. The handover or knowledge transfer also becomes very comfortable.

What is most valuable?

• The most valuable features I see on the actions added have a lot of commands that were unavailable in older versions.
  • The concept of packages with the flexibility of adding our own package. The packages for running Python Scripts, different packages for excel, and it has the option to work with Excel if it is not installed in the machine.
  • Exception handling with try, catch, finally and many other actions introduced.
  • Concept of different data types.
  • The different views for writing code like Flow or List or Dual.

What needs improvement?

1) We have encountered some issues in the actions like Terminal Emulator-> Send Key -> Page Down/Up not working.

2) We found difficulties while copy-pasting commands after the end of "IF" condition and "Loop".

3) A scroll bar will be good in the "Flow" tab.

4) When any command is double-clicked, if the command opens in a popup window as we had in AA desktop versions, then that could have saved some space for development as the code writing section seems to be less which creates difficulties when there are loops in the loop.

5) Email trigger was also not working.

I have been using AA for four months.

Currently, it is a beta version but has pretty good performance stability. There are issues in some packages. I hope with all the updated packages the solution will be much more stable.

For example: Terminal Emulator-> Send Key -> Page Down/Up command is currently not working.

Excellent.

Supportive but takes longer time to respond.

I always used Automation Anywhere from version 10.5 to A2019.15

It was easy and straightforward.

In-house.

ROI of the current project delivered saved 4 hours of time per day of the end user.

The setup cost is less than other solutions in market

Blue Prism. I personally did not like the way and features provided for developing bots.

What other advice do I have?

It's an awesome solution for automation.

reviewer1467651
Technical Architect Associate Manager at Sprint Nextel
Saves times, reduces errors, and decreases dependency on human resources

• "In particular, with our requirements, we have seen reduced dependency on the workforce and we had proper execution of our business process."
  • "The product should improve on Voice Recognition and IoT pretty soon, as this is the next big thing in and I would like to see this upgraded in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case was related to automating a daily job, which involves a lot of manual effort and was error-prone. We did involve RPA to automate the job and also have a pretty useful notification system in place too.

We had a requirement of pulling in data from a location, dumping it all into some spreadsheets, and then applying logic. Once that is complete, the distribution also needs to be controlled, and we have achieved all of this by implementing RPA.

There are also use cases for us where it is still a work in progress, including tasks in finance/accounting, and HR as well.

How has it helped my organization?

AA has helped our organization to improve productivity with less manual dependence. It has come up with certain paradigms in RPA that largely reduce human efforts.

The use case that is mentioned above had a dependency on three FTE on a daily basis to process data for us, and implementing RPA has helped us save this effort.

There have been processes that were tedious and had dependencies on resources, as well as being error-prone. The involvement of AA has reduced problems to a considerable extent.

What is most valuable?

RPA is a feature that really helped eliminate errors during the execution of structured business processes. In particular, with our requirements, we have seen reduced dependency on the workforce and we had proper execution of our business process.

It has also opened doors for an intelligent notification system as well, with the help of which, we are getting the proper input from the different stages of our program.

Cognitive Automation helps by self-improving, using AI and ML for complex data.

Altogether, these important features help to form the organization as a digital force.

What needs improvement?

This is the age of Voice Recognition where systems like Alexa and Cortana are ruling. I would love to see certain features for these.

In addition to this, there should also be a community version that will be able to provide support without a cost. This will make sure that the outreach for Automation Anywhere would increase up to a considerable extent.

I have been using the solution for approximately one year.

The solution is quite stable. I have used it for features like RPA and cognitive intelligence and didn't find any instability.

This is certainly scalable and the support is quite good too.

They have pretty decent customer service support. I had reached out a couple of times and I found them decent and knowledgeable. In addition, they have a good SLA too.

Other than evaluating UiPath, I have not used a different RPA solution.

The ROI is pretty good. I have used it in one of my use cases where I have a dependency on three FTE, and I was able to reduce it by a considerable margin.

UiPath was the option that I was evaluating but ended up choosing Automation Anywhere.

Private Cloud

reviewer1463793
RPA Developer at OMFYS Technologies India Pvt.Ltd
Automated data scraping and form-filling saves time for both us and our clients

• "With the help of these features, we can automatically fetch data from invoices and websites, which is followed by the automated data entry into the webpage and ERP system."
  • "The Recorder action in the A2019 Community edition is not supported."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is that we are automating repetitive processes such as daily currency calculation, data entry in the EPR system, email reading and sorting data, extracting data from webpages, and extracting data from invoices.

We also use automation for data massaging on Excel data, database connectivity, PDF data extraction, scheduling bots, and the validation of extracted data from webpage or invoices.

We use error handling to point out which of the bots are failing.

We are using v11, A2019, and IQ Bot.

How has it helped my organization?

With the help of Automation Anywhere, our organizational efficiency has increased. We have automated HR-related tasks such as CV shortlisting and salary slip generation processes. This has decreased our time consumption for these tasks.

We have also improved our clients' organizations by automating repetitive processes. With this, the ROI has increased and the overall time consumed by processes is reduced. We now use this manpower for other important tasks.

Human intervention is not required for most of the processes and also, they are auto-scheduled.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are data extraction and entry into webpages, extracting data from unstructured invoices, email sorting and attachment downloading, Excel actions, database connectivity, IQ Bot for extracting data from invoices, connectivity with ERP applications, as the REST and SOAP web services.

With the help of these features, we can automatically fetch data from invoices and websites, which is followed by the automated data entry into the webpage and ERP system.

Excel actions help us for automating work on Excel workbooks.

What needs improvement?

The A2019 Community version does not fully support Mozilla Firefox, as it has problems when you try to capture data from the Firefox window.

I would like to see more features added in the Community editions to improve developer hands-on practice.

When you try to capture an error snapshot in A2019, it's not capturing the proper data compared to V11.

The Recorder action in the A2019 Community edition is not supported.

If we refresh the window then it does not show the Chrome window title in the list. This only works on Internet Explorer.

I have been using Automation Anywhere for the last two years.

The technical support team was helpful at the time of installation and setup. Whenever we are stuck, the support team's help is very important.

I haven't used an RPA solution other than Automation Anywhere.

The initial setup was straightforward. With help of the Automation Anywhere technical support team, it is easy to set up.

We implemented using the vendor team. The level of expertise is very good, and they help very well.

The setup cost for this is onetime and licensing is based on your choice of product.

We evaluated Blue Prism and UiPath before choosing Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the product is very good where the repetitive tasks are more in manufacturing industries and the finance department. It is the best solution for any type of industry to automate their repetitive process, leading to increased ROI and reduced time consumption.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Automation Anywhere (AA) Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.