AutoSys Workload Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AutoSys Workload Automation is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Workload Automation tools. It is most often compared to Control-M: AutoSys Workload Automation vs Control-M

What is AutoSys Workload Automation?

CA Workload Automation is an enterprise scheduling solution for the automation of IT processes in a heterogeneous environment. It automates and delivers millions of mission-essential services across thousands of companies worldwide. With the CA team and expert community, you get so much more than software. Work with us to get to mission-accomplished—every second of your business.

AutoSys Workload Automation is also known as CA Workload Automation, CA Workload Automation AE .

AutoSys Workload Automation Buyer's Guide

Download the AutoSys Workload Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

AutoSys Workload Automation Customers

Gaumont, Mercantil do Brasil, CCEE, Hanwha Life

AutoSys Workload Automation Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AutoSys Workload Automation pricing:
  • "The pricing needs to be improved. Some of my client's complained that it was too expensive."
  • "The price of this solution is reasonable and there is an annual license required."

JV
Problem and Technical Application Management for KNAB at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Scalable, fast, easy to use and always available

What is our primary use case?

In our case, it's just managing the day and night jobs of banks because we are supporting several banks in Europe. The company I'm working for is an outsourcing company who provides solutions for customers. We host their complete environment.

• "The features that I have found most valuable with AutoSys are that it is scalable, easy to use, fast, and always available. That's very important because if it's not steady then it's a real problem. So, at this point, we are satisfied with it."
  • "In terms of what should be in the next release, I want integration and AI and so on. I'd like easy reporting where you can compare information, for example, "that job normally takes three minutes and last time it took six minutes or 10 minutes." Then you can get the information to the engineer of which job is taking more time than normal - understanding strange behavior compared to the baseline."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, for the part that we are currently using, I can give AutoSys Workload Automation an eight. I would recommend this product for other users who want to start using it depending on their needs. I'm still investigating what the new version provides in the future, based on technology, so it is difficult to answer that question.
AP
Manager at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
Configuration and integration with SAP is great; lacking in reporting and notifications

What is our primary use case?

In our organization we have more than 30,000 automations we are running in this product. From an admin perspective, we have around seven to eight people working with the solution, managing it and dealing with the volume. We are a customer of AutoSys and I'm a company manager.

• "Easy configuration and integration with SAP."
  • "Quick search feature and job analysis could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

AutoSys is out of line with the latest trends of the IT industry, like the quick searching and things like that. It requires special skills which you have to develop in your team in order to manage it. That said, it's an excellent product and will give you the functionalities that you need. I would rate this solution a six out of 10.
Learn what your peers think about AutoSys Workload Automation. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Enterprise IT Management Consultant with 51-200 employees
Granular Security enables self-service role-based access. There are still too many screens and the use cases need to be handled in a more "compact" way.

What is our primary use case?

A strong aspect of our current use case is to provide integration with the Zeke mainframe scheduler and enable cross platform job dependencies between the two worlds.

What other advice do I have?

Get some specialist help if you don't have internal knowledge. This product is now legacy.
RG
Technology Consultant (AWS Certified) at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
A scalable solution for scheduling, initiating and executing business processes

What is our primary use case?

My clients mainly use this solution for server workloads — work process flows around the deployment of servers, etc

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has made my clients' workplaces a lot less labor-intensive.

I have been using this solution for the past few months.

It is pretty stable from my understanding. I haven't heard any complaints about a run maintain.

AutoSys Workload Automation is very scalable. My clients were mainly large organizations and they never had any complaints about the scalability.

I never had to contact…
Batch Scheduling DTS, Service Delivery Lead at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Stable and scales well, but the graphical interface needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. AutoSys is primarily used for scheduling CP jobs, file transfer, and other miscellaneous jobs.

What needs improvement?

The graphical interface can be improved.

I have been working with AutoSys Workload Automation for the past five years, but not on a regular basis.

AutoSys Workload Automation is a stable solution.

This is a scalable product and we have about 50 users. We are planning to increase our usage in the future.

Since Broadcom acquired this…
HQ
Architect & Technical Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Functions are easy to use, scalable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used for scheduling workloads.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the functions are easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having support for container environments.

I have been using this solution for approximately 10 years.

The solution is stable.

AutoSys Workload Automation is scalable. I have many customers running this solution.

The technical support has been good.

I am using Stonebranch…
Product Categories
Workload Automation
Download our free AutoSys Workload Automation Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.