Avada Software Infrared360 Overview

Avada Software Infrared360 is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Business Activity Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to IBM MQ: Avada Software Infrared360 vs IBM MQ

What is Avada Software Infrared360?

Avada Software specializes in Enterprise Middleware solutions. Founded by some pioneers in SOA, MQ and J2EE technology, Avada’s Flagship product, Infrared360, is a holistic & innovative private cloud enabled portal providing self-service administration, monitoring, load testing, auditing & statistical reporting for Enterprise Middleware including IBM’s middleware stack of MQ, IIB (message broker), WAS, and Datapower, as well as other applications servers such as  JBoss, TC Server, Weblogic, and other messaging technologies such as Tibco EMS and Kafka*.

Accessed via any web browser on any device, Infrared360 is a single web application, yet scales to 2500+ endpoints without deploying anything (no agents, no scripts) to those endpoints.

Using trusted ‘spaces’ and delegated visibility and control, the portal uniquely provides different business units or even different application users virtual ‘spaces’ in which to work.  Within those spaces are only the objects and resources the user has been granted visibility.  Role policy dictates permissions on those resources.

It is the ONLY Enterprise Messaging Solution with a built in SOA engine that lets you leverage internal and external services for managing and correcting problems within your middleware messaging environment.

*Kafka coming soon

Avada Software Infrared360 is also known as Infrared360.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: April 2021

Avada Software Infrared360 Customers

USBank, Southwest Airlines, Visiting Nurse Services of New York, Aon Hewitt, Parker Hannifin,  Cantonal Bank of Zurich (ZKB), Hagemeyer NA, and many others

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

NC
CICS/MQ Systems Administrator at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Facilitates sending triggered alerts through our monitoring solution and generating tickets

What is our primary use case?

The monitoring helps keep our organization's IBM MQ environment (including its applications) available for the business. In fact, we are able to send triggered alerts through our organization's central monitoring solution and generate the incident tickets easily with Infrared360. Infrared360 also has an easy to use MQ navigation that let's our users quickly filter objects.

How has it helped my organization?

Documentation.

What is most valuable?

The biggest thing that Infrared360 has done for us is secure our IBM MQ environments. With our previous tool, users required universal access to MQ in order even look at objects.

None.

None. …
Vice President at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
An offsite team performs a daily infrastructure health check and sends reports to the technical/management teams.

• "It allows non-technical users to inspect their individual components within the total infrastructure without disturbing other components and without bothering the technical teams."
  • "The user interface could be sexier and more ergonomic. The competing products have similar problems."

What other advice do I have?

This is a Swiss Army-like product that has many functions and services, but many of those, do not need to be configured initially. Use wildcard object names, clone/reuse existing services and objects rather than trying to create everything from scratch.
Find out what your peers are saying about Avada Software, Dynatrace, Nastel Technologies and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: April 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AN
tech at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Some of the valuable features include group and role management functions.

• "We have easily created use case testing harnesses for specific flows that incorporate various message types."
  • "We are still working with the FTE/MFT subscription monitoring and reporting functionality. That is an area in which we would like to see further development taking place."

What other advice do I have?

Attempt your PoC with IR360 and incorporate your business to be the recipient of IR360 reporting. Reporting is 50% of any solution like this!
MQ Administrator at a government with 501-1,000 employees
It has a small footprint on our system. They're good at following up with their customers.

• "It's what we use for monitoring our MQ system, so the features that they provide are just really, really good."
  • "One area where they could improve is with their documentation. Some sections are not up to date with new release information and providing additional samples in some areas would be very helpful."

What other advice do I have?

Check it out. Make sure that it's right for your environment and that it'll have the features that you want. I would highly recommend it if it's for an average MQ environment. It would fit perfectly. At the very least, I would recommend a demo to see the product. The guys behind Avada are very knowledgeable with MQ, so they've put a lot of features in there that leverage MQ and the functionality and their support. They're very knowledgeable and they're very good at following up with their customers. I hear from my account rep quite often with new upgrades or any questions or problems. They…
Middleware Admin at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
It has user group privileges that allow you to set up security roles in the system.

• "The administration piece makes it very easy to do MQ administration. It gives us a lot more flexibility and capabilities."
  • "Some of the graphics in the interface could be improved. It's pretty basic. Some interfaces are not up to what you're used to seeing on other, more Windows-like tools."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely use it beyond a monitoring tool. But, I would also use it to set up the systems and to get other people involved; not just a monitoring tool for administrative use. I would definitely branch out and extend the capabilities where you empower other people. They can do a lot of the simple tasks in MQ management and development all the way up to other operations teams being able to do their own monitoring. I would definitely expand it where it's not just one team managing it and using it. I would definitely leverage it to a lot different teams in your organization.
IT Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Provides visibility of the MQ environment to non-MQ personnel

• "Monitoring that ties into our incident management system"
  • "The UI can be cumbersome - but we are still using the Viper interface and we have not had the time to check out the Alloy interface which is supposed to be much improved."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you take the time to set up an access model that will allow flexibility but also yield the granular control for access. This is even more important for when QMGRs are shared across applications.
WebSphere Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to install and configure, permission matrix is present. Recommended for monitoring WMQ.
Excellent product, easy to install, easy to configure, permission matrix is present, extension capabilities like URL monitoring or testing. The latest version has a real nice display change and excellent set up for your very own customized Dashboard (2016) Graphing capabilities are not top notch yet but product support is responsive to your needs. Deployment and support: Excellent Looked at the product for monitoring WMQ and I would recommend it.
MQ Admin at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Ability to monitor all types of middleware (ESB, MQ, Web Services, URL). User Interface is somewhat plain.
Our organization has been using Infrared360 for almost 2 years now. I have been very happy with this product so I decided to post my experiences with it. Our environment consists of z/OS, Linux, AIX and Windows hardware. Our middleware infrastructure consists of Websphere ESB, MQ Series, WAS and numerous web services. Specifically our MQ infrastructure is comprised of clustered multi-instance queue managers and Message Brokers, pub/sub. When our organization decided to look at other middleware management tools we decided to look at agentless solutions. I have been working with agent based for over 10 years from various vendors and I can sum up my reasons for not wanting them: Prolonged deployment cycles  Dependency on the underlying OS. New release of Agent required to take advantage…
MQ Administrator at a government with 501-1,000 employees
Great tool and superb customer service.
We were really impressed with Avada’s sensible approach, and how Infrared360 was architected There was an incredibly low overhead standing IR360 up. It was so easy. Even easier with the standalone version. The implementation was simple and easy. Installing the standalone version was even easier, and upgrades are the easiest. We found logically segmenting visibility for each line of business streamlines management of middleware and the myriad of applications. IR360 removed bottlenecks Failures and missed SLA’s have been avoided We've reduced operational cost We've reduced maintenance cost Proactively resolve issues and prevent problems With the same people, they could accomplish more Users picked up really quickly. Very little training required Superb customer service and support.…
Architect at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
The product has been excellent, stable and support is top notch
Infrared360 was installed about 3 years ago, and the product has been excellent. We use it to delegate to our app teams "development" access to Dev environments and "viewer" access to Prod environments. In addition, we use it to monitor all our Prod MQ objects, and create tickets to our TOC via HP Service Manager when an alert occurs. The product is very stable and support has been top notch...
Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to deploy, add users, and migrate. Extremely responsive to all of our questions.
We were one of the first to use Infrared360 and from a customer service standpoint, we still feel like their only customer because they are extremely responsive to all of our questions, issues, and enhancement requests. Having had extensive experience in management and monitoring solutions, I can tell you what I REALLY love about Infrared360: 1. It is EASY to deploy and I don't have to deal with any agents or code on each server running a qmgr or web server that I want to monitor and manage. 2. It is EASY for me to add users and to control what they have access to and what level of access they have to any given environment or object. 3. I have migrated the server to 3 different web server platforms because of changes in our enterprise. The migrations were always easy to accomplish and…