Avaya IX Meetings OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Avaya IX Meetings is #18 ranked solution in top Virtual Meetings tools. IT Central Station users give Avaya IX Meetings an average rating of 8 out of 10. Avaya IX Meetings is most commonly compared to Zoom:Avaya IX Meetings vs Zoom. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Avaya IX Meetings?

Allow users to participate in the context of where they are and what they're doing. Easily connect and communicate to get the most out of every meeting.

Avaya IX Meetings was previously known as Flare, Avaya Flare.

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Avaya IX Meetings Customers

ReSource POS, Ballantyne Strong, Landmark Bank, St George Bank, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Bank Mega

Avaya IX Meetings Video

Avaya IX Meetings Reviews

JM
Gerente Regional at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Easy to use for all your video and voice communication needs

• "It is very easy to jump from one communication channel to another one. It is pretty clear and very easy to do. That is the thing that I like the most from Avaya and their suite."
  • "There isn't too much information about Avaya solutions and that could be very much improved. If you want some product support, you have to go through a business partner in Latin America and there aren't many partners."

What is our primary use case?

We use the whole Avaya platform. We use it for voice communications, for instant messaging, and for video communications between each collaborator. We use the suite of Avaya Aura integrated with Avaya Live Meetings and Avaya Spaces.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I find the most valuable is the integration between those different platforms, because, although we are not on a contact center, we have a multi-channel communication with our team.

So for us it is very easy to jump from one communication channel to another one. It is pretty clear and very easy to do. That is the thing that I like the most from Avaya and their suite.

What needs improvement?

There are very few partners in the Avaya Ecosystem. We are a business partner, but being totally honest, there isn't too much information about Avaya solutions and that could be very much improved. If you want some product support, you have to go through a business partner in Latin America and there aren't many partners.

That could be one thing that Avaya could improve.

In the next release I would like a 100% cloud solution specifically for Latin America because they actually have one or two cloud solutions, but only on specific markets, for example, in the United States. I would like to see a real global, 100% cloud solution.

We are users and we are also business partners with Avaya. We have been partners with Avaya from 1999.

We are using the most updated version.

As a user you would need at least two technicians for internally supporting the platform.

I can say firsthand that the reason we work with Avaya as a user and as a business partner is because it's by far the most stable and scalable platform among unified communications platforms in the market.

Avaya Aura specifically.

The technical support is good, but it's not easy to find.

You don't find too much documentation like with other brands like Cisco, for example.

I'm not in charge of developing and setting up the whole platform, but I would say it's actually complicated. It's a Linux-based platform and it's not as easy as a Windows platform and the setup is kind of confusing.

It actually has to be done by a well-trained business partner.

Avaya is not a cheap solution. It is actually an expensive solution. It is very reliable, but it's not cheap.

The Return on Investment, at least based on the exercise that we did internally in our company, was for about five years or so for us to have back the investment.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone considering Avaya is to research about the right business partner for them to support with.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Avaya IX Meetings a 10 out of 10.

Rui Barroso
Director Digital Transformation at DECSIS
Contains useful functionality features, but quality was affected by increase in users

• "Interesting collaboration features."
  • "Increase in participant numbers reduces quality of video and sound."

What is our primary use case?

We're a partner of Avaya and I'm the director of digital transformation

What is most valuable?

In terms of functionality, it has some interesting features that I haven't seen in other solutions like content rewind where you can see content from the beginning of the meeting even though you weren't there when it commenced. That's a nice feature as well as the integration with PowerPoint. Unfortunately, the video conferencing, both audio and video were not as good as Webex or Microsoft.

What needs improvement?

The video conferencing should really be improved.

For additional features, I'd like to see more integration with third party websites or third party platforms. It's interesting to have people from teams, say Microsoft or Cisco Webex, being integrated into conferences. Avaya doesn't do that. I think it's a challenge for many providers to keep up technology standards without having to constantly add to applications installed on your PC. If you need to have Zoom, Cisco Webex, Avaya, Microsoft, it becomes a mess on your computer. It would be great if all solutions were integrated and they could communicate with each other.

I've been using this solution for a few weeks.

Stability of the solution depends on the number of participants. We have several companies, the one that uses Avaya has about 50 users spread over the company.

In terms of scalability, I noticed when we had our test meeting that as the number of participants increased, the quality of sound and video decreased. We went from six people to 18 in the test meeting and once we got to about 12 or 13 people, the quality dropped.

Initial setup is straightforward, it takes a few minutes.

What other advice do I have?

My personal choice for this kind of product would be Cisco Webex, even though in terms of functionality Avaya has some interesting collaboration features. The initial integration with PowerPoint and the ability to review presentations from the beginning even if you weren't there, are good features. That said, it lacks in features like integration.

I would rate this product a seven out of 10.

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about Avaya, Microsoft, Cisco, and more!