AWS Lambda OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

AWS Lambda is #2 ranked solution in top Compute Service tools. IT Central Station users give AWS Lambda an average rating of 8 out of 10. AWS Lambda is most commonly compared to AWS Batch:AWS Lambda vs AWS Batch. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
What is AWS Lambda?

AWS Lambda is a compute service that lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. AWS Lambda executes your code only when needed and scales automatically, from a few requests per day to thousands per second. You pay only for the compute time you consume - there is no charge when your code is not running. With AWS Lambda, you can run code for virtually any type of application or backend service - all with zero administration. AWS Lambda runs your code on a high-availability compute infrastructure and performs all of the administration of the compute resources, including server and operating system maintenance, capacity provisioning and automatic scaling, code monitoring and logging. All you need to do is supply your code in one of the languages that AWS Lambda supports (currently Node.js, Java, C# and Python).

You can use AWS Lambda to run your code in response to events, such as changes to data in an Amazon S3 bucket or an Amazon DynamoDB table; to run your code in response to HTTP requests using Amazon API Gateway; or invoke your code using API calls made using AWS SDKs. With these capabilities, you can use Lambda to easily build data processing triggers for AWS services like Amazon S3 and Amazon DynamoDB process streaming data stored in Amazon Kinesis, or create your own back end that operates at AWS scale, performance, and security.

AWS Lambda Buyer's Guide

Download the AWS Lambda Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2021

AWS Lambda Customers

Netflix

AWS Lambda Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about AWS Lambda pricing:
  • "AWS is slightly more expensive than Azure."

AWS Lambda Reviews

Forest Lin
IoT/AI/Enterprise Solutions Architect at Tech Data Corporation
Reseller
Programming is getting much easier and does not need a lot of configuration

• "Amazon takes care of the scalability. That's the right way. It's automatic and it's fully managed. That's one benefit of Lambda."
  • "I think that perhaps Lambda could explore its functionality more."

What is our primary use case?

AWS Lambda has serverless programming, like Logic Apps from Azure. You just configure the run-time and then they start coding. It is event-driven. It started with my obtaining Salesforce. Salesforce is a low-code and non-code program and totally SAS. Everything starts from the event, from the trigger. You get the trigger and you work at the program. You have some other models, maybe faster or fancier models. But in my opinion, this kind of program is started by locating the system and identifying where the trigger and entry point of the program are. Then you get the full advantage of the program. You don't need to worry about any infrastructure.

I think this is the future. Compared with the EC2, you don't have to pay anything if you don't run it. Otherwise, with EC2 when our client provisions the system and the instances, you always have to pay. There are other tremendous advantages, like flexibility. After you provision EC2 you can write something that does not totally follow the cloud convention. You use it to provision the container. With the program you need to have those 10 principles of cloud computing. Especially recently, within the past four or five years, I have gotten away from DevOps, or the software development life cycle. Even though I researched the product portfolio from DevOps and then the life cycle for DevOps, I try to position myself as an architect with hands-on experience.

In my opinion, Lambda is very similar to Salesforce, which is the original for the SaaS platform and is an extremely low-code environment. With Microsoft and AWS you can say, "Okay. You can choose whatever language you need to make it even more flexible."

Everything is the cloud. Lambda is a fully managed service. If you want to do it either as a private cloud or on-premise, I'm sure you can do that, too. But I don't know how to manage the pricing structure. But then you've lost the point of Lambda because if you do not use it, you do not pay. Again, I just want to emphasize, I'm not a Lambda expert. But, logically thinking, the big advantage of serverless programming for the customer is that you just use it and pay. Pay and go. You don't need to provision anything.

All my experience with AWS Azure is on the public cloud. We do not get too deep. In IBM we do. When we do sales training we always get the private cloud on-premise. There are many reasons for this. One reason is that IBM lost the battle for the public cloud so we get into it much deeper. We go to the enterprise and we can deploy programs to your data center and offices. But for the tech data for AWS and Azure, we are all using the public cloud as a showcase when we talk to the customer and to the retailer.

What is most valuable?

The number one feature with AWS Lambda is that it is fully managed. From the developer's perspective, you get the coding much more easily. Now many situations are not using code. You plug in, assemble it, and configure it. Lambda makes it low-code. I come from being a Java certified developer for 15 years. You configure the environment for deployment just like in DevOps. That was always the most challenging part as a developer. You identified when to trigger it. If the program can't facilitate it, then 80% is gone. With 20% you just Lose Syntax. You can use Lose Syntax with any programming language as a reference finding out the variables, the statements, the loop, and what other kinds of things you can do. Just follow that to where you can plot it into your business system.

They might think to have the business benefits say, "Hey, if you don't like it, no need to pay." So, potentially, you can save. If the future is going to be serverless, that's what I think the future of something like Salesforce will be. Programming is getting much easier and does not need a lot of configuration because step-by-step abstraction starts from the infrastructure service. You can replace your hardware, but you still need to do a lot of things in the abstract. The environment now is totally fully managed. I'm not sure if we're totally aligned there. I always talk against those aspects in the Salesforce situation. But I believe Lambda is a comparable peer, apples to apples.

What needs improvement?

I can only speak from the user experience. Salesforce integrates SharesPost efficiently. How? They say, "Okay, I invented another language called Apex. Forget about anything else. This is my language." The benefit of this language is that everything is simplified. Your system is super easy to maintain. But AWS then assures you that they are flexible, that they have a collection of 10 or 20 languages, and you just choose your environment and range. That's the reason I appreciate Salesforce. They always make things easier. They have their loop reasoning because they are a different kind of company. Microsoft and AWS really get the full spec. They want to own the business. But Salesforce data wants the simplest way.

So, this is my understanding and unique experience.

I think that perhaps Lambda could explore its functionality more.

I have been using AWS Lambda for a few months.

I didn't explore enough information to evaluate that.

I didn't experience the scalability personally, only from my reading. Amazon takes care of the scalability. That's the right way. It's automatic and it's fully managed. That's one benefit of Lambda.

We have all kinds and sizes of resellers. There are large enterprises and small businesses. It's different. And some of them are product based, they are creating their own products. Some of them are consultant based. It's really different. Tech data is different vs. a business model.

I contacted support many times. My experience was very little and I just saw how Lambda was working, to try to understand if it is okay.

I don't actually use AWS Lambda. I'm a distributor. I try to explain solutions to the vendor. I previously used Salesforce Apex. I use the Azure Logic App service.

Salesforce does not have so many options to choose from, such as Java or C++. Salesforce said, lets invent a language. They call it "invent" but actually they just made a simplified edition of Java and eliminated a lot of complex features. Now all the syntax is the same. Salesforce is a business company. They focus on business solutions development and they make the customer's lifecycle development simple. AWS really does not stick to any business because they are a technology company.

Let me explain the similar things that Lambda has to Salesforce. When you get the event you have to see our form. With the sales approval process, if you have the 50% to get to the half million and above, you need the vice president to get the approval. You can use this trigger based serverless program. All you want to do is to write down the logic and then put it under the trigger of whenever a certain number changes in the half billion, and then you need to do the multiple steps.

This kind of programming is easily defined in the business. All you need to do is get the logic done, get it tested, see the steps you are doing, and then fix up the errors. As for Lambda, as I said, I've just experienced two very simple examples in the AWS, but they were the same thing.

Logic App and Lambda should be doing the same thing - fully managed coding. You focus on the logic triggered by the certain events. And there are other additions within the Lambda family. It can be scheduled as a batch job. I don't think it's originally lack of motivation from the serverless. The serverless is from the trigger.

The initial setup is straightforward. If you follow a 30 or 45 minute lab, it seems pretty clear.

What other advice do I have?

Everybody should check out AWS Lambda. That's why I didn't explore much and it was at the top of my list. This is a fully managed model. The number one. This is for the future. In the future, many of the EC2 applications may be replaced by Lambda. If I started something from scratch, I would try to use Lambda. It's much simpler. It can simplify a lot. If you add the scalability into the picture, it could have 80% or 90% of the complexity. They are very important. All the servlets are very important from a cloud computing perspective.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate AWS Lambda an eight.

I am a fan of the no-code, low-code if you consistently improve to make it even simpler. Maybe they could do something to simplify the language. I'm not sure if Lambda has the code for the Microsoft Logic App, which means they can eliminate most of the code and everything becomes drag and a drop. Because they eliminated those "if errors." They have those kinds of functions. I think mostly because I have not explored the whole portfolio of AWS. I believe there is a full suite of them.

I believe their full suite of the service is complemented with Lambda. But I do believe the competition is going to make it simple with low-code, no-code. There is no-code, low-code and also no infrastructure. That is going to be the key. Also, maybe you can have the Lambda ecosystem and have some component of the module built above the Lambda so that people can make graphing and plotting even easier. This is not just any software, you get the module there which is much better. But AWS is big enough to neutralize the ecosystem. I believe it will come but the people don't have the patience to start from scratch these days.

Rohit M
AWS Platform Head & Chief Architect - CMA Unit at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to develop services quickly and easily in any language for deployment on the cloud

• "The ease and speed of developing the services using any available language is the most valuable feature."
  • "The product needs some updating as far as ease-of-customization and configuration opportunities to work with solutions outside of the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, I work with all my clients to provide them with solutions. We are a service company, so we work with clients to define and build applications that resolve their need for automation issues. I create the solutions, and then there is a delivery team of mine which works to deliver that solution to the client.

What is most valuable?

The thing that I have found most valuable in Lambda is primarily the ease of developing the services we distribute. We can easily develop the solutions using any language which is available today — this includes all the primary and new-age languages.

Secondly, because it is a cloud service technology, we do not have to worry about the infrastructure behind the solutions we provide. Everything is all on the cloud and there is no maintenance and we have to do no monitoring of the architecture. The time and expense of maintenance are taken care of by the platform itself. Those are the things that we like most about it.

What needs improvement?

There are certain limitations to some services in Lambda which will have to be overcome over time. Primarily, I think there are two aspects of the product that are in most need of improvement.

One is, of course, the customization. The process of customizing should be simplified.

The other is specifically in the area of integration. The configuration requirements for the services which would be desirable to integrate with Lambda are not always as easy to utilize as they should be. For example, the opportunities we have to integrate solutions with the world outside of the cloud are not well supported. These integrations are supported well inside the cloud but some clients need to support solutions outside the cloud. If somebody has that need we should be able to deploy integrations with products and services outside the cloud as well.

So those are the two drawbacks and potential areas for improvement area which I would like to see corrected in AWS. Those features need to be updated because the current functionality of the product is not competitive enough today with other products in the category. I think with time they have to improve and add new features or offer other ways of integrating new services.

I have been working for more than a year now on Lambda AWS (Amazon Web Services) solutions, designing the real-time applications, services, and similar types of solutions for automated response.

Stability-wise, Lambda needs some improvement because it has constraints that cause issues with task completion. What I mean by constraints is that there are some limitations to the number of minutes that a process can run and then execute. If the process continues to run and goes beyond that limit, it will time out. Those kinds of things are built into the nature of the product. Probably with time I think this is an area where the company will need to add new features or functionality to improve the behavior.

Lambda definitely is scalable and to a great extent because it does not require any kind of additional infrastructure for the clients. It just is just a lot less trouble to deploy. You can extend and auto-scale to any level. So, the scalability is very good.

Our clients are large-sized enterprise businesses so certainly the product can scale up to meet their needs.

The support from AWS is fine. I am quite definitely satisfied with their support system.

I would say the setup is straightforward. I think that most of the development is really straightforward in nature. The solutions have to develop based on some use-cases defined by the client organization. When these are defined, we are just meeting the needs of the organization by building the solution to do what they need. So the setup and implementation are all pretty straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend AWS Lambda. There are a lot of successful test cases both with our clients and other startups which are doing really well using Lambda as a solution.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate AWS Lambda as an eight-out-of-ten. That would be the right number at this time considering the product is lacking in some areas.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about AWS Lambda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
554,676 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PZ
Senior Analyst with 11-50 employees
Stable and scalable with a good overall design

• "The solution is designed very well. You don't need to keep a server up. You just need some router to route your API request and Lambda provides a very well-designed feature to process the request."
  • "We need to better understand Lambda for different scenarios. We need some joint effort between Amazon and the users to have the users identify how they can really leverage Lambda. It's not about Lambda itself; it's about the practice, the guidance. There needs to be very good documentation. From the user perspective, what exists now is not always enough."

What is our primary use case?

We have some APIs and we use some mechanisms to process these APIs. Normally, some APIs need to be hosted by some servers. However, with this product, we can compute everything serverless.

What is most valuable?

The solution is designed very well. You don't need to keep a server up. You just need some router to route your API request and Lambda provides a very well-designed feature to process the request.

From our perspective, the solution works for a variety of scenarios.

It's very straightforward and very easy to use. We don't need to keep several apps. We just use some APIs and to route with the APIs to create related Lambda functions.

What needs improvement?

The kind of scenarios we can leverage in Lambda can be difficult. For example, we have a lot of their servers that provide APIs. Before, the APIs were hosted by a server. We have identified that some of them can be hosted in Lambda. That's a challenge as we're yet to think of our scenario and match our requirements in order to really leverage Lambda. That's more on us than the solution itself.

We need to better understand Lambda for different scenarios. We need some joint effort between Amazon and the users to have the users identify how they can really leverage Lambda. It's not about Lambda itself; it's about the practice, the guidance. There needs to be very good documentation. From the user perspective, what exists now is not always enough.

Lambda is stable. We don't see any problems so far. There haven't been bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze on us.

The solution is very scalable. We just allocated a very small number of requirements to Lambda. We've still found it to be very scalable.

We are a technology company, so we do not have many users. Most are developers, engineers, and architects.

So far, we've found the technical support to be okay. They are knowledgeable and responsive and we are satisfied with the level of support we get.

The initial setup's level of difficulty depends on different requirements. Normally, we can see that number to process and do a straight comparative analysis for a simple scenario. The deployment is fine for the most part. We don't spend much time on it in comparison to a traditional deployment. It's very quick.

When you try some services, with Amazon, the first phase is okay. When we continued with more workloads placed on Amazon, we needed to take into account the cost, as the cost to the firm becomes more and more. It can get expensive if you aren't careful.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company.

Lambda is very good. I don't collect feedback from other colleagues or other members. However, from my perspective, Lambda is good. I would rate it nine out of ten, based on my experience alone.

The best advice I can give other organizations is that it's better to consider your scenarios and see what is scenario is suitable for the functions or services you require, or not. Don't try to move your applications just because of new technology and new concepts. Consider carefully your requirements and that will help you avoid some additional costs.

Wilfred Thomson
Senior Cloud Consultant at GBM
MSP
Mature and scalable with a straightforward setup

• "The solution is highly scalable."
  • "The user-friendliness of the solution could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The product serves as a function as a service, a serverless environment, you can say. It's a serverless environment, or, as some people call it, function as a service, FaaS.

We have been using it as a mobile backend. We have a mobile frontend, a mobile application, which uses the AWS Lambda functions running in the cloud. It serves as an API backend for a mobile application that is running in the frontend.

What is most valuable?

The solution is highly scalable.

The solution has proven itself to be stable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We've found the cost to be very good. It would be a great option for startups due to the low pricing.

The solution is very mature.

What needs improvement?

The user-friendliness of the solution could be improved. If it was easy to run with the same function in other platforms, other environments, that would make it more portable. That would be really good. User-friendliness and portability will be the two factors that need the most improvement.

The startup time sometimes needs to be faster, so that is one area of improvement. The startup time of each function can be slow. When it works the first time, it takes a little bit of time, so there's a minor delay. That could be improved.

The support of additional languages would improve the solution.

I've been using the solution for a couple of years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is pretty mature by now. It's been there for a few years with AWS and they're continuously improving it. It's pretty mature. The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is highly scalable and also very cost-efficient. You only pay for the time, the duration of time and that's in maybe seconds, microseconds. You pay very little until you have very large-scale users. It is ideal for startups who want to deploy applications on the cloud.

While internally only our developers really use the solution, the mobile application is used by thousands of users globally.

We do plan to increase usage and will be adding more functions to our application.

While something was used before, it likely wasn't serverless.

I'm aware that Oracle and Azure have certain options available.

The initial setup is not overly complex or difficult. It's very straightforward.

The deployment times vary. It really depends on what you need to deploy.

Our developers managed the implementation process. A consultant or outside integrator was not required. It was all handled in-house.

The solution is very cost-efficient.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution currently. I cannot say which version number it is. I don't know it off-hand.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been pretty happy with the capabilities so far.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. This is much better than the other serverless solutions.

AW
CEO at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
It does all the management and has great scalability and stability

• "The cool thing about AWS Lambda is that AWS does all the management. For compression, it is all about making the data small and then making it regular size again. We have an encode function and a decode function. AWS Lambda schedules each of those for us. It has a load balancer and all the fancy stuff, depending on the demand. The most valuable part of AWS Lambda is that I only need to write the software. I need to write two functions, and my cloud developer turns them into two AWS Lambda instances. That's it."
  • "One area of improvement is to include support for more programming languages. AWS Lambda does not support a lot of programming languages. You have to write the Lambda functions in a certain programming language. We are using C++. My developer knows a couple of other languages. Python is his favorite language, but Python is not supported in AWS Lambda."

What is our primary use case?

We are a startup, and we are doing faster and cheaper storage for IT. We are going to offer our storage services in about two months, and we are starting with AWS. We do lossless compression using microservices. We do the compute in a lossless compression way similar to gzip, WinZip, or PKZIP, except that we are giving a discount to customers.

The product that we are developing is not yet in the market. We are doing alpha testing for select customers who are using AWS. The biggest advantage is that you get faster storage without doing a forklift upgrade, and you get 35% cheaper storage. So, you get 2X faster storage with a 35% to 50% lower monthly bill.

We use AWS Lambda to encode and decode data. I work on the encode and decode software. I am working with a cloud developer. He works on the Lambda deliverable and wraps my C code with his C++ wrappers. They get bundled together with no JS stuff.

What is most valuable?

The cool thing about AWS Lambda is that AWS does all the management. For compression, it is all about making the data small and then making it regular size again. We have an encode function and a decode function. AWS Lambda schedules each of those for us. It has a load balancer and all the fancy stuff, depending on the demand.

What needs improvement?

One area of improvement is to include support for more programming languages. AWS Lambda does not support a lot of programming languages. You have to write the Lambda functions in a certain programming language. We are using C++. My developer knows a couple of other languages. Python is his favorite language, but Python is not supported in AWS Lambda.

I have been using AWS Lambda since it came out in 2016.

It is very stable.

Its scalability is great. We write an encode function, and my cloud developer turns that into an AWS Lambda instance. We then write a decode function, and he turns it into another AWS Lambda instance. We just hook it up and use an API gateway for doing the security check, encryption, and other things.

We did not require any support. Most of the stuff in the cloud is anyways self-serve.

The initial setup was straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

They have a program for AWS customers called Activate. With the Activate program, you can get compute and storage credits. They gave us like $10,000 worth of credit over 18 months.

I would recommend using this solution. It was the first microservice. It doesn't have much overhead, and it does what it claims to do.

I would rate AWS Lambda an eight out of ten. It is a good solution.

YK
Senior Director - Technolog at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Has a rich set of services and enables us to focus on building the business functionality that we want to build

• "It's a serverless solution which is the best feature. It helps us because it offers free aspects. From the infrastructure perspective, it helps us manage costs. There is no overhead of estimating how much infrastructure we're going to need. We can focus on building the business functionality that we want to build."
  • "If you are setting it up on hybrid solution, there is a lot of work that needs to go in."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for our financial institutions. We use it for many customers that we work with. We develop solutions for our customers and run them on AWS. We wanted to build the solution on the public cloud and out of all the public cloud providers, AWS is the best. It has a rich set of services.

What is most valuable?

It's a serverless solution which is the best feature. It helps us because it offers free aspects. From the infrastructure perspective, it helps us manage costs. There is no overhead of estimating how much infrastructure we're going to need. We can focus on building the business functionality that we want to build.

What needs improvement?

Lambda didn't use to support all the capabilities, if you wanted to initialize it before started serving the requests, it is not possible. In the most recent upgrades, they have added this feature. There is nothing missing. If there is something missing, AWS has other solutions that covers it. I look at Lambda as a piece of AWS, working in conjunction with other solutions.

I have been using AWS for two and a half years.

We don't have any issues with stability or scalability. We have offline and online users. There are thousands of online users.

Their support is excellent. We have no complaints. It can be expensive, we bought the enterprise support. If you don't want to spend the money, you might run into issues but that isn't the case for us.

Everything was set up in the public cloud. We didn't need to set up a lot of things. We didn't have to connect a lot of connectivities to external applications. If you are setting it up on hybrid solution, there is a lot of work that needs to go in. You need to understand what your organization's security standards are, how the different teams are going to access the infrastructure, etc. For hybrid, it will take a lot of time but for only the public cloud, it is quite easy.

AWS is slightly more expensive than Azure. But from a maturity perspective, AWS is way more ahead than Azure.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten. It was missing features like initialization but they are available now in the latest release.

It is good for smaller companies that don't have a lot of staff that will manage the infrastructure. It automatically scales based on the users and allocating the resources. From a cost perspective, it is quite cheap. It takes out a lot of overhead. If it's for a large company with a lot of experts, there are other good solutions.

Ashish Jaiswal
Senior Software Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Great technical support, good stability, and easy to set up

• "It's a fairly easy solution to learn."
  • "We'd love to see more integration potential in the future."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our backup coding for one of the ABDI services. We had a big job for the callout function, therefore we implemented Lambda here.

What is most valuable?

Lambda is the function we need to deploy any code.

We like that we don't require any infrastructure for it, which allows us a lot of cost savings.

The solution has the capability to scale.

The product is quite stable.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We've found the technical support to be very helpful.

It's a fairly easy solution to learn.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall any features that might be lacking. For us, it works quite well, however, it depends on what a company needs.

We'd love to see more integration potential in the future.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point.

The solution has proven to be very reliable and quite stable. The performance is good. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze on us.

The product scales well. If a company needs to expand, it should be possible to do so.

We have more than 5,000 users on the solution currently.

Technical support from Amazon is excellent. They are extremely helpful and we find they respond quickly. We're very happy with the level of support we receive.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's not overly difficult by any means. Ashish:
The Lambda function is not that hard to set up due to the fact that we generally go to the AWS services URL and we can easily find the Lambda function from there.

The solution really doesn't require that much maintenance. You don't need a big team on it at all.

The solution is fairly reasonable, and, as it doesn't require any infrastructure, can save a company a lot of money simply by being on the cloud.

We bought a license from AWS that renews yearly.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution. It automatically updates as it is based on the cloud.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We are quite happy with its overall capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and other organizations. It's very easy to learn.

DC
Consultant at a educational organization with 11-50 employees
Extremely scalable, stable, and often free to use

• "It is my preferred product, as it provides me with source code within the solution."
  • "The product could make the process of integration easier."

What is our primary use case?

The product is primarily used to deploy code and provision a software solution to your clients when they don't have the time. You don't have to pay for the servers and the uptime.

What is most valuable?

It's a great product due to the fact that you don't have to pay for the servers and the uptime.

The solution is very stable.

The product scales well.

The solution can be free to use.

What needs improvement?

The product could make the process of integration easier.

The could be more integration testing. The internal is great with Lambda, however, I have to make sure I have done my tests on a related machine before deploying.

I've been using the solution for three years. I haven't used it for too long just yet.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution scales very well. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

Its scalability is always based on how much software there is. It's actually virtually building out. The API can scale up automatically. And if the API calls go down, then the system slows in real-time.

All my clients are using the product. All the projects I push to my clients are on Lambda.

I haven't dealt with technical support directly. Therefore, I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are in general. I don't have experience with them on that personal level.

There is no setup process to deal with as the entire solution is on the cloud. It's very easy.

If you need to deploy it to a license, the first server you use you need to pay for a license. If you're going to open-source, there are no licenses required.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and have clients on the solution.

I've had a very good experience with the product. I would rate it at a ten out of ten.

I would recommend the product to all developers.

Product Categories
Compute Service
Download our free AWS Lambda Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.