VR
Cloud Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Straightforward to set up, easy to configure, and offers good stability

• "Technical support has been great in general."
  • "It would be ideal if we could use the solution across different platforms."

What is our primary use case?

Lambda can be used for automating AWS resources.

It can also be used for automation outside of the cloud and for serverless applications. With Lambda, you can apply the code directly.

What is most valuable?

The stability of the solution is very good, as is the performance.

It's a brilliant Amazon service that provides for many use cases. It's quite flexible.

The product has been very easy to use. All you have to do is configure a Lambda function and then deploy your code directly there and then you can invoke it in different ways.

It is easy to configure.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

Technical support has been great in general.

What needs improvement?

It would be ideal if we could use the solution across different platforms.

The integration could be better.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point.

The solution is stable and the performance is great. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have multiple applications. Most of our applications are Lambda-based, I would say there are around a hundred at this point.

The technical support on offer is brilliant. There shouldn't be any concern with contacting them. they are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with the level of service on offer from them.

We have found that the solution is easy to install. You just have to do it through the UI and you can easily configure it and deploy it directly.

For deployment, et cetera, we just need one cloud ops engineer per day.

I was able to handle the implementation myself. I did not need the assistance of any consultants or integrators. Individual users should be okay if they want to install it themselves.

We don't need to worry about monthly or yearly licenses.

What other advice do I have?

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. I've been very pleased with its capabilities in general.

I would recommend the solution to other users and companies.

Ariful Mondal
Consulting Practice Partner - Data, Analytics & Artificial Intelligence at Wipro Ltd
ExpertModerator
Server-less architecture for multiple application integration, easy to use, and many programming languages available

• "The main features of this solution are the ability to integrate multiple AWS applications or external applications very quickly and organize all of them. Additionally, it is easy to use and you can run various programming languages, such as Python, Go, and Java."
  • "There is room for improvement in user-friendliness. When comparing this solution to others it is not as user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

AWS Lambda enables server-less architecture for seamless orchestration. We use the solution for various orchestrations. This is very useful when you would need to perform orchestrations of the different applications together. Many organisations are using this solution for web and mobile applications at scale.

What is most valuable?

The main features of this solution are the ability to integrate multiple AWS applications or external applications very quickly and organize all of them by leveraging server-less computing power of AWS. Additionally, it is easy to use and you can run various programming languages, such as Python, Go, and Java.

What needs improvement?

We have been using this solution for over five years for various server-less computing on AWS. My current employer has pioneered on this technology and serving various global clients for years.

This solution is a serverless architecture in which you do not have to manage any infrastructure which makes it very stable.

The solution is highly scalable.

We have plans to increase usage because most of the workload and applications are using this solution.

The technical support is managed by AWS which is good.

Azure Logic App & Function App, Google Pub-Sub etc.

Managed by AWS

The price of the solution is reasonable and it is a pay-per-use model. It is very good for cost optimization.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. If you are with AWS it is better to use the serverless architecture.

I would rate AWS Lambda a nine out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Learn what your peers think about AWS Lambda. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,305 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SurjitChoudhury
Data Integration Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Does not need server configuration and can be used for short-term automation processes

• "Because AWS Lambda is serverless, server configuration is not required, and we can run it directly anywhere."
  • "If it is a specific ETL process or a long-term one, then AWS Lambda is not a good option."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is processing data. We use the pipeline multiple places to process the data. Whatever JSON files we get, we have to standardize, enrich, and also format to the application.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it's serverless. Therefore, server configuration is not required, and we can run it directly anywhere. We can write Java code or Python code in that.

The initial setup is straightforward as well.

AWS Lambda is good for short-term automation processes.

What needs improvement?

If you want to run processing data, which takes less than 15 minutes, then you can use Lambda. However, if it is a specific ETL process or a long-term one, then AWS Lambda is not a good option.

The longer Lambda runs, the higher is the cost incurred because the cost is based on runtime.

At times, it hard to know when Lambda should be used and when it should not. So in the future, if there are serverless extensions, it would be fine.

I've been working with AWS Lambda for six to seven months.

The initial setup of AWS Lambda is straightforward.

The cost of AWS Lambda is based on runtime.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product, and we use Lambda for short run processes, for example, processing a file from the landing zone. Suppose FTP or SFTP has put a file in one landing area, and we have to push a file to the S3 bucket. We would not need to do any writing, shell scripting, or Linux coding, etc. In general, with Lambda you can get the Python coder or Java code.

So, professionals can easily perform these tasks within a short time. This will help with agile processes and sprints. My advice is that AWS Lambda is a good service for short-term automation processes.

I would rate AWS Lambda at eight on a scale from one to ten.

Private Cloud
Naresh Rayakwar
Tech Mahindra Total Duration14 yrs TitleTech Lead for KPN Project at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy and cheap solution

• "I have found all of the features valuable. It's an easy and cheap solution."
  • "AWS Lambda could be improved by increasing the size of the payload. Also, sometimes Lambda doesn't implement well for bigger solutions."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is usually for event-driven architecture. Since it's AWS, it's cloud-based.

What is most valuable?

I have found all of the features valuable. It's an easy and cheap solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for three years.

This solution is stable.

I would rate customer support a nine out of ten. I have made three or four service requests and those were all resolved within 24 hours.

I didn't use a different solution before implementing Lambda.

The installation is straightforward. There isn't really anything you need to do. If you know exactly what you want, it can be done in five minutes.

I implemented this solution myself.

I pay for a monthly license. The licensing options will depend on the users. There's a monthly option and a yearly option.

What other advice do I have?

Lambda is a good and cheap solution and I would recommend it to those without a huge payload. There are around twenty or thirty people using Lambda in my organization.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

DT
Software Development Manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to install, reliable, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

We use AWS Lambda for several things. We are using it, for instance, to do authentication of information from HTTP sites. We use it for alerting when monitoring the direct database infrastructure, and we use it for API transformation.

What is most valuable?

It provides us with everything that we need.

We have been using AWS Lambda for two or three years.

We don't have a problem with the stability of AWS Lambda. It's very stable.

It is a scalable solution. We have many users, but it is based on volume and the number of transactions, not by the number of users.

How are customer service and

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

It provides us with everything that we need.

We have been using AWS Lambda for two or three years.

We don't have a problem with the stability of AWS Lambda. It's very stable.

It is a scalable solution.

We have no issues with the technical support.

We use a number of AWS services.

The installation is straightforward.

We have scripted most of the things. There was no problem with the installation.

We completed the installation ourselves.

The price in general could always be better.

The fees are volume-based.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate AWS Lambda a nine out of ten.

AP
Technical Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Scans the cloud system and if they are any security anomalies it triggers an email

What is our primary use case?

We have only used it for a few services. It's still in POC mode. We haven't done any production on it currently.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it scans the cloud system and if they are any security anomalies it triggers an email.

What needs improvement?

The running time of AWS Lambda runs fine. It takes around five minutes but it would be great if that time could be extended.

I have been using Lambda for two to three years.

We haven't seen any issues regarding stability as of now.

It is easy to expand the platform.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Lambda for two to three years.

We haven't seen any issues regarding stability as of now.

It is easy to expand the platform.

Their technical support is quite good. We have enterprise support, so it is quite good.

The initial setup is easy.

I did the deployment with the help of consultants.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Lambda to someone considering it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

The pricing is similar to Azure services, they are quite competitive pricing-wise if you compare Azure and AWS.

SS
Sr. Technology Specialist at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
No server installation, good support for various languages, stable, and flexible

What is our primary use case?

It is useful in many scenarios. For example, in a microservices architecture where serverless functionality is required, one can use Lambda.

What is most valuable?

The basic feature that I like is that there is no server installation. It also has good support for various languages, such as Java, .NET, C#, and Python.

What needs improvement?

Its price should be improved. Its pricing is on the higher side.  I am not sure if it currently supports the Go language. If it doesn't support the Go language, they can introduce it.

It is stable.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Its price should be improved. Its pricing is on the higher side.

It is stable.

It is flexible and scalable. I have a couple of customers who are using Lambda. They are from the banking domain.

I've not reached out to Lambda technical support, but they should be good.

Its installation is simple. It doesn't require much effort. It hardly takes 10 to 15 minutes to make a Lambda service functional.

We had done the installation with the vendor. We have three developers for its implementation.

Its pricing is on the higher side.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would rate AWS Lambda an eight out of ten.

JP
Chief Technology Officer at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Scales automatically, low-cost, dependable, and has excellent customer service

What is our primary use case?

We use AWS Lambda to automatically manages some compute resources. It triggers and screens some of my services.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use. I like the way it manages.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with other platforms.

I have been using AWS Lambda for a few years. We are not using the latest version.

AWS Lambda is a stable solution.

You do not have to scale AWS Lambda, it automatically scales for you. AWS Lambda is used on a daily basis. We only have a few people who used this solution. I have two teams.

What is our primary use case?

We use AWS Lambda to automatically manages some compute resources.

It triggers and screens some of my services.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use.

I like the way it manages.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more integration with other platforms.

I have been using AWS Lambda for a few years.

We are not using the latest version.

AWS Lambda is a stable solution.

You do not have to scale AWS Lambda, it automatically scales for you.

AWS Lambda is used on a daily basis.

We only have a few people who used this solution. I have two teams.

We have a dedicated manager.

My experience with support so far has been good.

It doesn't require any installation at all.

AWS Lambda is inexpensive.

What other advice do I have?

I am very happy with this solution. I would recommend it to others who are interested in it.

I would rate AWS Lambda an eight out of ten.

Product Categories
Compute Service
Download our free AWS Lambda Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.