Azure Cost Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Azure Cost Management is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Cost Management tools. It is most often compared to AWS Savings Plans: Azure Cost Management vs AWS Savings Plans

What is Azure Cost Management?

Azure Cost Management empowers organizations to monitor cloud spend, drive organizational accountabilities, and optimize cloud efficiency so they can accelerate future cloud investments with confidence.

Azure Cost Management is also known as Microsoft Azure Cost Management, Cloudyn.

Download the Cloud Cost Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Azure Cost Management Customers

Quixey, Infomedia, Panaya, Wix.com, Mirabeau, Mi9, GetTaxi, Outsmart Studios, Bownty, BlazeMeter: The Load Testing Cloud, Irdeto, Effective Measure, Totango, Nextdoor, BranchOut, The BioTeam, Evolven, Netotiate, ClickSoftware

Azure Cost Management Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Azure Cost Management pricing:
  • "I think the solution was free initially."
  • "It's free out of the box."
  • "Based on the transitional cost we charge, it's not expensive, but could be better."

GlenKerr
VP GTM Operations at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Good reporting and ideal for small to medium-sized companies but needs better policy-based remediation

What is our primary use case?

We primarily sell the solution to our clients. We also have our own solution. We do cost reporting including budgets and budget alerts and unused services like SQL databases, ABMs, managed disk, Cosmos DB, service plan and usage, and the detailing of all of that.

• "We don't actually use the Azure Cost Management features. We have our own capabilities. We put our own technology on top of Azure as Azure doesn't deliver a really good cost optimization, so our customers come to us to enhance what they're potentially doing inside their Azure platform."
  • "The policy-based remediation is probably the biggest area where Azure is lacking and that's why we sell a lot of our technology to our customers."

What other advice do I have?

We're a cloud management company. I run sales, so I am not using the solution to any great technical extent. We have a technical relationship with Azure. We're very integrated with Azure. Not just from a Cost Management perspective, but also from orchestrated Azure services. We're an extra service delivery platform. We actually hook into Azure, Alibaba, GCP, AWS, OpenStack, Nutanix, VMware. We're hooked into 27 different public cloud providers and private hypervisor solutions. The solution is a SaaS-based product. We run our own platform. We basically have a SaaS service. We connect into Azure…
MP
Team Leader for Infrastructure Support at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Fairly affordable and extremely customizable, but needs automatic report generation capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our infrastructure at our organization.

• "The most valuable aspect of the solution is the fact that it's extremely customizable. It makes it very flexible in terms of usage."
  • "The solution could use automatic emailing. That would help improve the product a lot, at least for our purposes."

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer. I don't have any kind of special relationship with Azure. I would rate the solution seven out of ten. I really like the solution. I don't know if I have any recommendations to other users. It just works well.
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Cloudability, CloudCheckr and others in Cloud Cost Management. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
JunaidMohd
General Manager at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
It is stable, the technical support is good and the trend analysis and budgetary trigger are extremely functional

What is our primary use case?

We use Azure Cost Management to see how much we are spending as well as how much the client is spending. That is the only use case for Azure Cost Management.

• "The features that I have found most valuable, are the trend analysis and the budgetary trigger."
  • "I would like the developers to add more features about migration, like how much it would cost to migrate from, let's say, AWS to Azure."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that they should use it. They should try it out - it's a very good solution, and it gives a very detailed analysis as your subscription costs. I would like the developers to add more features about migration, like how much it would cost to migrate from, let's say, AWS to Azure. That would be great. On a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is the worst and 10 is the best, I rate Azure Cost a good 9.
ES
Cloud Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to use and gives us a lot of insight about all of our goals and integration for extra functionality

What is our primary use case?

We were looking for cloud cost management but also the ability to have insight for all our deployment infrastructure.

• "Microsoft Azure Cloud Cost Management is easy to use and we have a lot of insights about all of our goals."
  • "If it worked better with other cloud providers it would be better."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the Microsoft Azure Cloud Cost Management an eight out of ten.
AS
Technical Lead at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Helps with forecasting and reducing costs, but it needs better customization features

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to help with setting up our yearly budget. We look at how much we are currently using on a monthly basis how and close we are to meeting the monthly budget. If we find that we are going over then it helps to adjust the yearly budget. We also look at what resources have been used more extensively in the current month as opposed to last. The dashboard allows us to make these comparisons. From here, we can optimize resources and reduce costs. In the end, we also develop new resources. Ideally, we can look ahead to see what we can expect by making changes to certain resources. This is done by looking back at previous months and seeing what the effects were for other changes. Our second use case has to do with projecting profitability by…
NM
Enterprise Cloud Architect - Azure with 10,001+ employees
Helps with cost management, performance, cost analysts, cost alerts, and budget recommendations

What is our primary use case?

We use the public, private, and hybrid deployment models of this solution. Our primary use cases of this solution are for cost management, performance, cost analysts, cost alerts, and budget recommendations.

What is most valuable?

The advisor recommendations feature is the most valuable feature. It helps set your environment in a clean state.

What needs improvement?

Self-healing could be a nice addition to this solution. It would be nice if they had self-healing.  It would be good if they could introduce connections to other clouds. It would be good to connect to AWS and Oracle cloud.

I have been using Azure Cost Management for two years.

It's…
NR
Senior Project Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to manage, good interface with good support, but some features should be optimized

• "The interface is good, and it's easy to manage."
  • "Optimization and scalability could be increased."

What other advice do I have?

We have our license for one year. We will use this solution during that time, after that, we will evaluate other solutions that are available in the market and decide if we will continue or move to another solution. I would recommend this product to anyone who is deploying to the cloud. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
MK
IT Administrator at a logistics company with 10,001+ employees
Some good features, but has unnecessary add-ons

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for controlling our budget. We're a customer of Azure and I'm involved in IT administration.

• "Good control features and user interface."
  • "Be wary of unnecessary costs."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise people to aim for functionality, and not to spend money they don't have. In Azure and other services, sometimes you can forget about services you have, you're not using them and you're still paying for them. Cost Management helps with controlling that. I would rate this product a seven out of 10.
See 1 more Azure Cost Management Reviews