Backupify OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Backupify is #9 ranked solution in top SaaS Backup tools. IT Central Station users give Backupify an average rating of 10 out of 10. Backupify is most commonly compared to Datto SaaS Protection:Backupify vs Datto SaaS Protection. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Backupify?

Whether you need to secure your cloud data to meet standards and regulations or want to prepare your business in case of data loss or a ransomware attack, SaaS backup reduces risk and avoids a devastating IT crisis.

Download the SaaS Backup Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Backupify Customers

Two River Technology Group

Backupify Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Backupify pricing:
  • "The costs were about $1,000 USD to buy the unit in the first place, and then between $250 and $300 per year for support."

Backupify Reviews

Ian-MacFarlane
Technical Account Manager / IT Consultant at OnServe - Your IT Department at OnServe
Inexpensive, easy to configure, good support, and it is easy to scale up when needed

• "The most valuable feature is the interface, which is very nice to work with."
  • "The device does not allow you to do multiple backups over the whole environment."

What is our primary use case?

At my previous company, we used the Backupify appliance to back up our company data and files. We can also recover data by accessing the device locally or through the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

After Backupify was deployed, we were able to abandon our old backup solution. Even the company management was able to do its own restore operations.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the interface, which is very nice to work with. Whether you're working on the appliance itself, or you're working on the cloud, it is basically the same interface. It got to the point where when we needed to recover a file, we didn't look at the backup solution anymore. Instead, we went right to the Datto Backupify.

Using Backupify took our time to recover from probably four days to 20 minutes.

With this device, you're capable of logging into the interface or through an IP address to access the data that is stored on it.

Recovery can be just a matter of spinning up a virtual machine or doing a full bare metal recovery, replacing the entire hardware-based server.

What needs improvement?

The device does not allow you to do multiple backups over the whole environment. Rather, it always backs up incrementally.

We have been using Backupify for eight months.

We have had no problems with stability.

The scalability is very good. We got to a point where we were running out of storage space on our one terabyte unit and decided to upgrade to the next level. They shipped a hard drive to us and we backed up the appliance onto it. We then sent the hard drive and restored the data onto a new appliance. The new appliance was shipped to us and it was plug and play with the new, two-terabyte unit. It was easy.

We had 24 users at one point.

The technical support is great. I would rate them a ten out of ten. They would log on to my computer if I needed them to fix anything, and in most cases, it was something that I did wrong. The support is very, very good.

The initial setup was very easy. I sat at my desk, took it out of the box, plugged it in, and configured it myself. I had it up and running before my training even started. We configured it to do incremental backups every hour.

The unit that we bought was one terabyte.

We implemented it on our own.

The costs were about $1,000 USD to buy the unit in the first place, and then between $250 and $300 per year for support. We found this to be very inexpensive.

They offer a trial period where you get to work with the device before you have to pay for it.

I investigated several other devices and backup systems, and we were very happy with the choice that we made.

What other advice do I have?

When this appliance was first installed, we backed up our data to the appliance itself. Then sometime after that, we provisioned the data backup to the cloud.

In summary, the features are great and the support is great. There aren't too many products that I've been so happy with.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

JH
General Manager Outsourcing and Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Really good, straightforward, easy use system, with no hidden strings that just works

What is our primary use case?

It's deployed on the public cloud. It was for our Google Docs environment. Our primary use case was to make sure all our Google environment was being backed up, and that users could actually easily recover their material.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ease of use and the fact that users themselves can self-provision and recover.

What needs improvement?

It's got a duration.

We don't have any problems with stability and scalability. It worked really well.  We only required one staff member for the deployment and maintenance that we used internally. It was really simple and easy.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend it it's a really good, straightforward,…

What is our primary use case?

It's deployed on the public cloud. It was for our Google Docs environment.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It's got a duration.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend it it's a really good, straightforward, easy use system, with no hidden strings. It just works.

You can use it for both your Google space or your Office 365 space. It's pretty good. We're looking to use it for Office 365.

I'd rate it a nine and a half out of ten. Not a ten because there's always room for improvement.

Product Categories
SaaS Backup
Download our free SaaS Backup Report and find out what your peers are saying about datto, Metallic, Spanning Cloud Apps, and more!