Bamboo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bamboo is #8 ranked solution in top Build Automation tools. IT Central Station users give Bamboo an average rating of 8 out of 10. Bamboo is most commonly compared to Harness:Bamboo vs Harness. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Bamboo?
Bamboo is a continuous integration and delivery tool that ties automated builds, tests and releases together in a single workflow. It works great alongside JIRA and Stash providing a fully traceable deployment pipeline.

Download the Build Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Bamboo Customers
Neocleus, MuleSoft, Interspire
Bamboo Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bamboo pricing:
  • "There is a subscription required to use Bamboo."

Bamboo Reviews

BA
DevOps Consultant at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Good compiling and deployment features that are ideal for open-source development

• "The most valuable features are compiling and deployment."
  • "The performance around the deployment feature could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Bamboo as our continuous integration server.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a project based on AWS and Java, and Bamboo is the solution that fit our needs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are compiling and deployment.

What needs improvement?

The performance around the deployment feature could be improved.

We have been using Bamboo for three years.

We have experienced a couple of crashes, which is why we have upgraded to new versions as they are released. It seems now that everything is okay. We have 70 people who use this solution, most of which are developers using it for compilation. There are two or three system integrators.

In the context of our project, scalability is enough for our purposes.

I have not personally been in touch with technical support. One of my colleagues may have been, but I haven't heard any feedback.

The initial setup was a lovely experience for us because the first time we tried it, it was ok.

We did not evaluate other options because we primarily use Microsoft development technology and we have only a few targets that are not supported. We had done some research and found the Microsoft Azure DevOps VSTS was not competent enough to support Core Java lambda functions, so we picked up Atlassian Bamboo and we are happy with it.

What other advice do I have?

Bamboo is a solution that I recommend, especially for open-source development organizations that use all open-source tools. Atlassian suite is the best partner for such organizations.

VD
Lead Consultant at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Fairly stable, scalable, and does CI pipeline well, but requires a lot of integration and not easy to use and learn

• "It can do the CI pipeline well."
  • "It should be much easier to use. It shouldn't require a lot of reading to be able to use it. It should have just two or three screens rather than hundreds of screens requiring a lot of clicking. It also requires a lot of integration. It has a steep learning curve. It takes a lot of time to understand and put in the data. There is also no proper training."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it to push and pull containers and other data via CI/CD pipeline.

How has it helped my organization?

It didn't help me as such. It was just a part of the project.

What is most valuable?

It can do the CI pipeline well.

What needs improvement?

It should be much easier to use. It shouldn't require a lot of reading to be able to use it. It should have just two or three screens rather than hundreds of screens requiring a lot of clicking. It also requires a lot of integration.

It has a steep learning curve. It takes a lot of time to understand and put in the data. There is also no proper training.

I have been using this solution for three months.

It has a steep learning curve, but it is fairly stable.

Based on my understanding, it is scalable.

There is limited technical support.

Its initial setup is complex.

We have a separate team that takes care of it.

What other advice do I have?

I am not completely satisfied with this solution. It performs one function well, but it requires so much integration. I would advise others to use a better-integrated system rather than Bamboo. We'll be moving to XebiaLabs, now known as Digital.ai, for production and other environments. XebiaLabs is a bit better than Bamboo in some aspects.

I would rate Bamboo a six out of ten. It is okay to use, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Hybrid Cloud
Find out what your peers are saying about Atlassian, Jenkins, JetBrains and others in Build Automation. Updated: November 2021.
554,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
LW
DevOps Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
MSP
Has good integration, is efficient, and doesn't take up other resources

• "It's one of the best solutions in this line of work. We have many Atlassian products. We use Bamboo, JIRA, Service Desk, and some other Atlassian plugins. We like that it's easy to integrate into each other. It's a suite of services."
  • "It's a little outdated. It's three years old."

What is our primary use case?

This is a part of the CI/CD. We use this tool to move into production.

How has it helped my organization?

It does automation which saves time so that people don't have to waste time. We save around 20% on time.

What is most valuable?

It doesn't take up other resources. It's very efficient.

What needs improvement?

It's a little outdated. It's three years old.

I have only used Bamboo at my current company and I've been there for a year now.

It is very stable. We have experienced issues but there is alway support.

We are upgrading to the latest version because of the scalability.

I usually solve any problems we have by myself. If for whatever reason there isn't any information available online we contact their support and they get back to us within hours. I opened around five to ten tickets with them.

They have very stable pricing. The license is 120,000 per year for the license and maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because the GUI is old I always have to find the right plugin.

My advice to someone considering this solution is that if you have the money, buy it.

BS
Senior Software Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable, great technical support, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Bamboo is an automation tool.

What needs improvement?

Bamboo is a bit complicated to use compared to other solutions, such as GitLab. You have to integrate different actions that are difficult that could be made easier.

I have been using Bamboo for approximately eight months.

Bamboo has been stable.

In my experience Bamboo is scalable. I work for an insurance company and our whole company uses Bamboo.

The technical support provided by Atlassian is very good.

I have previously used Gitlab. …

What is our primary use case?

Bamboo is an automation tool.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Bamboo for approximately eight months.

Bamboo has been stable.

In my experience Bamboo is scalable.

I work for an insurance company and our whole company uses Bamboo.

The technical support provided by Atlassian is very good.

I have previously used Gitlab.

There is a subscription required to use Bamboo.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Bamboo an eight out of ten.