Barracuda Backup Reviews

rating
Anonymous User
Systems Engineer at a university with 201-500 employees
Sep 18 2017

What is most valuable?

The superior support from Barracuda in setting up, using, and helping with issues for the product.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us a low cost backup solution for hardware-based, VMware, and Hyper-V systems all from a single platform. Also, it provides us with cloud replication at a reasonable cost.

What needs improvement?

The web interface needs to contain a more up-to-date view of the hardware. It is slow in showing real time data. Barracuda says they are working on a completely new web interface... more»

What other advice do I have?

Call them and let them do a live presentation for you. They will give you access to an online demo version to play with.
Tim Lillis
Sr. System Engineer at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Sep 18 2017

What is most valuable?

Ease of use. Of all the backup products we have used, this by far is the simplest to install and use.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to give more control to lower level techs, because it is not over engineered and too complex to hand control over without training.

What needs improvement?

Speed of backups. Compared to Avamar and Data Domain (our other systems), the backup speed is slow.

What other advice do I have?

If you need a backup system in place and running quickly, get this product. Just realize the backups might take longer than the much more expensive counterparts in the market.
Find out what your peers are saying about Barracuda Networks, Veeam Software, Acronis and others in Backup and Recovery Software.
305,759 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Anonymous User
Operations Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Nov 11 2018

What do you think of Barracuda Backup?

What is our primary use case?: My primary use case is for full-system backup. • What is most valuable?: I find the most valuable feature is the reliability of the solution. It is doing the job perfectly adequately for us. • What needs improvement?: I find that there always seems to be some reason to cause the backup to fail. We really need it to achieve a consistency in terms of successful backups. • For how long have I used the solution?: One to three years. • What do I think about the stability of the solution?: We are still trying to get confident with daily usage of the solution. It is not always stable. • What do I think about the scalability of the solution?: The scalability of the product is fine. • How is customer service and technical support?: ...

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Barracuda Backup

305,759 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Barracuda Backup Questions

Barracuda Backup Projects By Members

Barracuda Backup Consultants

What is Barracuda Backup?

Barracuda Backup is designed from the ground up for the cloud-integrated systems. It gives you the flexibility to easily back up data wherever it resides - on premises or in the cloud - and to replicate the data to our secure cloud or to a private location of your choice. Simple to configure and manage, and totally automated.

Barracuda Backup customers

Dematic, Levitt Safety, Osoyoos Credit Union, Viborel Distribuiao, European Tour, Papergraphics, Levitt Safety, Academy of Contemporary Music, Paul, Plevin, Sullivan & Connaughton, LLP, National History Museum, California Almond Board, American Radio Relay League, Kirkpatrick Bank, IAC, Healey Brothers Automotive Group, Mechanicsburg Area School District, Taylor Shellfish Farms, Drew Marine, inMusic, Mills Law Library, Healy Brothers Automotive Group, Thomas Kinkade Company, Hastings and Prince Edward Counties Health Unit

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Backup and Recovery Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Barracuda Networks, Veeam Software, Acronis, and more!