Barracuda Message Archiver OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Barracuda Message Archiver is #7 ranked solution in top Email Archiving tools. IT Central Station users give Barracuda Message Archiver an average rating of 6 out of 10. Barracuda Message Archiver is most commonly compared to Mimecast Mailbox Continuity:Barracuda Message Archiver vs Mimecast Mailbox Continuity. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is Barracuda Message Archiver?

Barracuda Message Archiver is a cloud-integrated message archiving solution that is easy to deploy and manage. It dramatically reduces your email storage requirements while boosting user productivity. And it makes regulatory and e-discovery compliance practically effortless.

With Barracuda Message Archiver, all users can instantly access, search, retrieve, and export archived messages using any device, whether on-site or on the go.

Barracuda Message Archiver integrates with all standards-based email servers, and with cloud email services such as Office 365 and Gmail.

Download the Email Archiving Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Barracuda Message Archiver Customers

Alfa Romeo, Texas A&M University, Time Warner, Nintendo, Boeing

Barracuda Message Archiver Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Barracuda Message Archiver pricing:
  • "We are satisfied with the pricing and the service is bundled so there are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees."

Barracuda Message Archiver Reviews

Sanjay-KUMAR
Senior Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Easy to use with helpful email backup and search capabilities, but it needs to support SIEM integration

• "The user mailbox management is poor."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product to keep a copy of all of the users' emails, be them inbound or outbound. The main objective is from a compliance perspective, where we can provide access to our auditors. It also allows for e-discovery, where we can search for emails, and it also acts as a backup solution.

If someone deletes their email then we have the option to recover it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability to recover a deleted email. We can even recover an entire mailbox, if necessary.

Indexing and the search capability is very fast. When we search for something then it only takes a few moments to find the data or email.

What needs improvement?

Integration with ArcSight would be very helpful.

The user mailbox management is poor. For example, if I want to restore a complete mailbox then it doesn't keep the structure of the inbox intact. When the emails are restored, they are in a single folder that we have to extract and restructure. At times, the restoration doesn't work properly.

It would be difficult to opt-out of the services because it would require the transfer of a lot of data from the cloud to on-premises storage.

Technical support should be more available to the Indian market.

I have been using the Barracuda Message Archiver for just over one year.

We use this solution a daily basis and it is very stable.

The Barracuda Message Archiver is scalable. Our entire organization, more than 7,000 email boxes, is supported. The only challenge I think will be moving data from this product to some other services, such as to our own system. If we want to replace it with another vendor then it might be difficult because it would require moving 45 terabytes of data.

The support is not well oriented for Indian customers because of the time zone. It is not available on a 24/7 basis.

Prior to Barracuda, we did not use a different product for the same purpose.

The initial setup was very simple. It took two to three days to deploy and then some time for configuration after that.

We implemented on our own but we received some help directly from Barracuda during the deployment. The partner did not have the right technical capability to assist us.

As it is a cloud service, maintenance is handled by Barracuda.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, the solution is good. It is easy to use and reasonably priced. My main complaints are about the disorganized restoration, lack of integration with our SIEM, and technical support.

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Other
    Product Categories
    Email Archiving
    Download our free Email Archiving Report and find out what your peers are saying about Barracuda Networks, Mimecast, Proofpoint, and more!