BeyondTrust Remote Support OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BeyondTrust Remote Support is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Remote Access tools. It is most often compared to TeamViewer: BeyondTrust Remote Support vs TeamViewer

What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) is the #1 solution for organizations that need to securely access and support any device or system, anywhere in the world. Technicians using Remote Support can quickly connect to, view, and control remote systems and devices, chat and collaborate with end-users or other technicians, all while improving remote access security. Organizations in all vertical markets around the globe use Remote Support to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. BeyondTrust is privately held and headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices and channel partners around the world. Connect with BeyondTrust at www.beyondtrust.com, the BeyondTrust Blog, or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Get a free trial of Remote Support at https://www.beyondtrust.com/remote-support/trial.

BeyondTrust Remote Support is also known as Bomgar Remote Support .

BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide

Download the BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BeyondTrust Remote Support Customers

InterContinental Hotels Group, Williams-Sonoma Inc., eBay, Carbonite, Computer Sciences Corporation

BeyondTrust Remote Support Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BeyondTrust Remote Support pricing:
  • "It is expensive. Performance-wise, it is pretty good, but we're less happy with the cost. Its licensing is on a yearly basis. It is also on a per-technician basis. A certain number of concurrent technicians can log in and access all the features."
  • "The licensing is concurrent and we spend about $10,000. It's my understanding that there aren't any extra costs beyond just the straight licensing."
  • "I would prefer that it was more affordable."
  • "We pay every year for the box, and there are no additional costs."

Stephen Hui
Solutions Architect - Team Lead at DataAssure
Easy to deploy, has good performance, good pre and post-sales support, and is an undisputed global leader

• "You can't compete with TeamViewer or any other similar products. It's completely in a class of its own."
  • "It lacks voice integration like the other products because they need the compression to support that large amount of concurrent sessions. We've had to sacrifice voice."

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take the 30-days trial and don't jump to any conclusions to integrate with their ITSM tool. Evaluate it first, sit down and study it a little bit further before making a commitment to do the integration with an ITSM tool because that involves a lot of investment and time. Customers have a budget to pay for the integration, the amount of time involved, it's not the easiest to deploy the product. It's quite complex to integrate an ITSM tool with BeyondTrust Remote Access. The process is not as simple as a lot of people think. Don't underestimate it. It's quite complex to do an…
RO
Enterprise Service Desk Systems Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Supports cell phone and desktop screen sharing, good performance, and user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

It is used for remote support for the service desk. We primarily use it for troubleshooting activities. When users have an issue, they call up the service desk or send an email. One of the technicians uses this solution to remotely access their computer. The technicians can see the screens, take control, do some troubleshooting, share files, and implement fixes.

• "Screen sharing, in general, is pretty important for a service desk. Another thing that I have found to be very helpful is that you can also do screen sharing on a cell phone. When people have an issue with their cell phone, it is ordinarily very difficult to troubleshoot the issue. With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can share the cell phone screen, and somebody can take a look at it remotely. I am not sure if other competing solutions offer this feature. It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise."
  • "It is expensive. Its initial setup was also a little bit involved, but it was nothing that we couldn't eventually handle. Currently, it has the ability to share screens. Somebody having an issue with their phone can share their screen with a technician sitting at a computer. It would be nice to also be able to control phones remotely, but this could be a limitation of a phone's operating system."

What other advice do I have?

It has worked pretty well for us, but it is probably better suited for larger organizations because of the cost. If you've got a small organization and you need to do a small amount of remote support, a less expensive option would be more suitable. I would rate BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about BeyondTrust Remote Support. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,544 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MB
Sr VP fo Business Operations at Networking Technologies and Support, Inc.
Great for delivering end-user support, good at recording sessions, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for connecting to our customer systems to remediate issues.

• "The solution has been very stable. We haven't had issues at all. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches either."
  • "Non-Windows support capabilities need improvement. They need to expand into Macs, iOS, and Android. It's there now, however, there's room for growth and that's probably the best area to expand."

What other advice do I have?

We use a current version of the solution. We have a subscription model, and therefore we always buy the latest and greatest. I'd advise anyone considering the solution to talk with experts both in their company and without. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight.
SP
Director CTO Office at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides a secure method of access and flexibility to support many customers with few licenses

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this product is for remote support. Customers will call in with an issue and we connect them with an engineer. Some of our engineers also work remotely. I'm the director in the CTO office and we are customers of BeyondTrust.

• "Offers a secure method of access without having to install agents everywhere."
  • "Lacks remote support and privileged remote access in the one product."

What other advice do I have?

It's important to understand the purpose of the solution. Professional services is one thing, manager services is another. It's about PRA and remote support, they do two different things which is why I'd like to see them combined because we usually need both pieces of functionality. You need to understand your use case before you engage with any company that you're trying to get a solution for. I rate this solution an eight out of 10.
Milos Tolpa
IT Engineer at FormatPC
Reseller
Feature-rich, secure, and allows for recording and auditing of support sessions

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is used for providing secure remote support and allows you to control the support staff. You can see what they were doing on the machines and provides them the ability to work in a secure manner. It is done through a secure connection, where everything is recorded and can be audited.

What is most valuable?

This is a very secure product. There are a lot of features available.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this region can be improved.

We have been working with BeyondTrust Remote Support for a few months. We have really just started selling them, so we don't have a great deal of experience yet. …
AH
Associate Security Engineer at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Good ability to control sessions with a user friendly interface

What is our primary use case?

I'm an associate security engineer and we are partners with BeyondTrust.

• "Solution has a good UI."
  • "Lacks some kind of voice communication option."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend trying this solution. Particularly during Covid times with people working from home, it's useful to have the help desk with the GM in the office. There can always be improvements so I rate this product eight out of 10.
NP
Project Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A secure support solution with a useful remote support feature

What is our primary use case?

We're using BeyondTrust Remote Support to create more support lines. One line of support for our employees, and the other for our clients at a bank. We're using this solution to fix problems for our clients and bank employees. I have branches in different cities, like the capital cities in Columbia.

• "It's very secure, and it works very well. I like their remote support feature. It can be used for our clients' desktops or anywhere where the client can be working. I'd have to say the product is very good. It's a strong solution for us."
  • "It could be more compatible with other applications. We had trouble with compatibility when it came to Entrust. This is because we had issues with Windows machines when we installed Entrust."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine.
Product Categories
Remote Access
Download our free BeyondTrust Remote Support Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.