BeyondTrust Remote Support OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BeyondTrust Remote Support is #5 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools. IT Central Station users give BeyondTrust Remote Support an average rating of 8 out of 10. BeyondTrust Remote Support is most commonly compared to TeamViewer: BeyondTrust Remote Support vs TeamViewer. The top industry researching this solution is Computer Software Company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is BeyondTrust Remote Support?

BeyondTrust Remote Support (formerly Bomgar Remote Support) is the #1 solution for organizations that need to securely access and support any device or system, anywhere in the world. Technicians using Remote Support can quickly connect to, view, and control remote systems and devices, chat and collaborate with end-users or other technicians, all while improving remote access security. Organizations in all vertical markets around the globe use Remote Support to deliver superior support services and reduce threats to valuable data and systems. BeyondTrust is privately held and headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices and channel partners around the world. Connect with BeyondTrust at www.beyondtrust.com, the BeyondTrust Blog, or on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Get a free trial of Remote Support at https://www.beyondtrust.com/remote-support/trial.

BeyondTrust Remote Support is also known as Bomgar Remote Support .

BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide

Download the BeyondTrust Remote Support Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

BeyondTrust Remote Support Customers

InterContinental Hotels Group, Williams-Sonoma Inc., eBay, Carbonite, Computer Sciences Corporation

BeyondTrust Remote Support Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BeyondTrust Remote Support pricing:
  • "It is expensive. Performance-wise, it is pretty good, but we're less happy with the cost. Its licensing is on a yearly basis. It is also on a per-technician basis. A certain number of concurrent technicians can log in and access all the features."
  • "The licensing is concurrent and we spend about $10,000. It's my understanding that there aren't any extra costs beyond just the straight licensing."
  • "I would prefer that it was more affordable."
  • "We pay every year for the box, and there are no additional costs."

BeyondTrust Remote Support Reviews

Stephen Hui
Solutions Architect - Team Lead at DataAssure
Easy to deploy, has good performance, good pre and post-sales support, and is an undisputed global leader

• "You can't compete with TeamViewer or any other similar products. It's completely in a class of its own."
  • "It lacks voice integration like the other products because they need the compression to support that large amount of concurrent sessions. We've had to sacrifice voice."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• The ease of deployment
  • Performance
  • Pre and post-sales support
  • The vast majority of the localization they have done
  • The solution provider that they support.

Bomgar brand, or now BeyondTrust's brand reputation is great. It is very strong, it's an undisputed global leader. You just can't argue about it.

The most important aspect is the amount of compression the Bomgar team has done. They compress so much compared to other products. It really makes it stand out from its peers. If you have more sessions concurrently working, if the client does not compress enough, it would just basically chew up all the bandwidth. This is their DNA. It is just the best in compression.

What needs improvement?

It's just a trade-off, not a complaint, that they could never put voice into it. It lacks voice integration like the other products because they need the compression to support that large amount of concurrent sessions. We've had to sacrifice voice. It's no big deal. You have more sessions, you don't really need the voice part of it. It's just a convenience.

Other than that, it is a de-facto standard whether you like it or not.

It should have more integration with CyberArk. Of course, that's an open-ended statement. The reason being is because Bomgar, or now BeyondTrust, also sells something similar to CyberArk. CyberArkk has the largest market share. It doesn't seem that BeyondTrust will provide any knowledge base or integration for customers to integrate BeyondTrust with CyberArk.

But from a partner concern, oftentimes we have customers using CyberArk. They ask us to provide professional services to integrate both. Then we have to work on our own without vendor support.

I have been using Bomgar for over five years.

It is absolutely stable.

Absolutely the most scalable product. They ship the Virtual Appliance plus two or three different models of their hardware appliances. You can scale up to a very, very large implementation which, to my understanding, we have many huge customers.

This also highlights the value-differentiator. The hardware appliance has Atlas; that's fault tolerance and has load balancing built-in. Our competitors don't even have syncable features. Bomgar has had those features in its plan since day one.

Unlike other products, Bomgar is licensed per support representative. The guys actually provide support to customers.

Instability and performance have never been a problem compared to cloud-based because it's on-premise.  It is secure, it's fast, it's easy to deploy.

We use it almost daily. We are into the technical support business and we rely on this tool 7x24x365.

Their support team is outstanding, really the best in the industry. The support engineers are well-trained and they know the product very well. It makes our jobs a lot easier when we deploy or when we have problems.

Bomgar acquired BeyondTrust but then they retained the BeyondTrust name. BeyondTrust support was terrible. But not the Bomgar team. Bomgar support was good. They merged as one team, the BeyondTrust team for the other products, for the PAM products. Bomgar Remote Support is still the best.

The initial setup is absolutely straightforward. It is really seamless to fire up the Virtual Appliance. It only requires one person for the setup.

It took all of two hours. To deploy it and set it up and configure it, it doesn't take more than two hours. The customization requires more time and expertise.

From a reseller's point of view, this is great, because this creates huge service revenue, professional service for partners. But from an end-user, it's a lot of handshaking and a lot of time-consuming and labor-intensive tasks involved. It's not easy to integrate it with Service Now and Remedy because those are not simple systems to set up, not turnkey systems. There's a lot of aspects involved.

In a way it's good. But generally, you just want to set it up and get it to work, it doesn't require more than two hours.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely take the 30-days trial and don't jump to any conclusions to integrate with their ITSM tool. Evaluate it first, sit down and study it a little bit further before making a commitment to do the integration with an ITSM tool because that involves a lot of investment and time.

Customers have a budget to pay for the integration, the amount of time involved, it's not the easiest to deploy the product. It's quite complex to integrate an ITSM tool with BeyondTrust Remote Access. The process is not as simple as a lot of people think. Don't underestimate it. It's quite complex to do an integration between an ITSM tool with BeyondTrust, or likewise with any other remote access control product.

BeyondTrust is a very powerful product, it has many features. Make sure that you have enough buffer. Don't underestimate the complexity. And then just get the Bomgar up and running, take advantage of it. Once your team gets to know the product, you're going to start thinking about doing the integration.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

It operates on a website, has the additional protection of their website, of the BeyondTrust portal, in addition to two-factor authentication.

In the next release, it should have a little bit more intrusion detection. Customers have to worry about how to protect the portal being attacked by would-be hackers or perpetrators.

I would say it's a perfect product, but it can't do everything in one. It would be nice to have something extra in there as an option. It would be nice. But it's already perfect. This is quite a mature product.

RO
Enterprise Service Desk Systems Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Supports cell phone and desktop screen sharing, good performance, and user-friendly

• "Screen sharing, in general, is pretty important for a service desk. Another thing that I have found to be very helpful is that you can also do screen sharing on a cell phone. When people have an issue with their cell phone, it is ordinarily very difficult to troubleshoot the issue. With BeyondTrust Remote Support, you can share the cell phone screen, and somebody can take a look at it remotely. I am not sure if other competing solutions offer this feature. It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise."
  • "It is expensive. Its initial setup was also a little bit involved, but it was nothing that we couldn't eventually handle. Currently, it has the ability to share screens. Somebody having an issue with their phone can share their screen with a technician sitting at a computer. It would be nice to also be able to control phones remotely, but this could be a limitation of a phone's operating system."

What is our primary use case?

It is used for remote support for the service desk. We primarily use it for troubleshooting activities. When users have an issue, they call up the service desk or send an email. One of the technicians uses this solution to remotely access their computer. The technicians can see the screens, take control, do some troubleshooting, share files, and implement fixes.

What is most valuable?

It is pretty user-friendly. It is also good performance-wise.

What needs improvement?

Currently, it has the ability to share screens. Somebody having an issue with their phone can share their screen with a technician sitting at a computer. It would be nice to also be able to control phones remotely, but this could be a limitation of a phone's operating system. In Apple's case, we're going to have Apple that's restricting that, but it would be nice to be able to remotely control someone's phone so that we could provide greater assistance in troubleshooting.

We haven't had any issues related to it crashing.

It works well for us now. It is used within the service desk department, and there are only a certain number of people who log in and access remote computers. We have 20 to 30 technicians who are using this solution.

We won't be opening it up to a lot of people or the entire IT department because that would be expensive. Its licensing is on a per technician basis. We would have to buy more licenses if we have more users. This is something that needs to be considered for a large-scale rollout.

If we were to expand its use within our organization, that should be easily doable.  BeyondTrust allows for multiple servers with redundancy and failover, so we could add additional servers where we have the most users in order to handle increased load.

The only time we had to work with them was for the initial setup. Their professional support helped us out with that. It worked well because we did get it set up. We didn't really have any complaints.

Its initial setup was a little bit involved, but it was nothing that we couldn't eventually handle. We have a tool with a button that deploys endpoints. Users can just click on that button, and it'll get them into a queue.

It is expensive. Performance-wise, it is pretty good, but we're less happy with the cost.

Its licensing is on a yearly basis. It is also on a per-technician basis. A certain number of concurrent technicians can log in and access all the features.

We were limited on time, so we did a little bit of evaluation. Later this year, we may evaluate again.

What other advice do I have?

It has worked pretty well for us, but it is probably better suited for larger organizations because of the cost. If you've got a small organization and you need to do a small amount of remote support, a less expensive option would be more suitable.

I would rate BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about BeyondTrust Remote Support. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MB
Sr VP fo Business Operations at Networking Technologies and Support, Inc.
Great for delivering end-user support, good at recording sessions, and very stable

• "The solution has been very stable. We haven't had issues at all. It doesn't crash or freeze. There aren't bugs or glitches either."
  • "Non-Windows support capabilities need improvement. They need to expand into Macs, iOS, and Android. It's there now, however, there's room for growth and that's probably the best area to expand."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for connecting to our customer systems to remediate issues.

How has it helped my organization?

We deliver remote support for end-user clients. This tool is deployed in our end-user support division where we take care of the needs of computer users and we connect to their computers and we help them resolve their issues. We absolutely need a remote support tool. I don't have any metrics that say this improves our bottom line versus that one, however, we can't do this service without this tool.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect is its ability to be able to record sessions.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for ten years. It's been about a decade so far.

I don't have enough data on scalability. It's just anecdotal, however, it seems to expand horizontally and you can just add more licenses.

We have a concurrent license model and we have 15 licenses. The people who use it in our organization are all help desk folks.

We have plans to increase usage. As we grow, we add new licenses.

I don't know of any interaction with technical support. I've never reached out to them in the past.

We're also using Instant Housecall. We bought another company and they are the ones using the Instant Housecall. As part of the merging of these two organizations, we needed to pick one and stick with it.

The initial setup is not complex. It's quite straightforward. I say "Get it done," and they get it done. It's very easy for me.

There wasn't really an implementation strategy that I know of. It was deployed before I began working with the company.

The help desk manager is in charge of maintence and they probably dedicate less than 10% of their time, maybe 5% of an FTE.

The initial setup was done in-house with our own team. We didn't need the assistance of resellers or consultants.

We have a service offering called Remote Support. We can't deliver it without this tool. The tool costs $10,000 and we make $100,000. It's a pretty good ROI.

What other advice do I have?

We use a current version of the solution. We have a subscription model, and therefore we always buy the latest and greatest.

I'd advise anyone considering the solution to talk with experts both in their company and without.

On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at an eight.

Private Cloud
SP
Director CTO Office at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Provides a secure method of access and flexibility to support many customers with few licenses

• "Offers a secure method of access without having to install agents everywhere."
  • "Lacks remote support and privileged remote access in the one product."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this product is for remote support. Customers will call in with an issue and we connect them with an engineer. Some of our engineers also work remotely.  I'm the director in the CTO office and we are customers of BeyondTrust.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows seamless access to client environments without installing agents everywhere.

What is most valuable?

Having a secure method of access without having to install agents everywhere is a good feature. It also offers the flexibility to support many customers with few licenses.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see remote support and privileged remote access built into the same product. That's lacking in the solution and means that we need to buy two completely different tools that are 90% similar? The PRA and the remote support are the same product. For some reason they sell them separately and we need both. I don't want to buy two different products.

The company has been using this solution for three years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable although there's a cost involved. We have both manager services and professional services people using it. Our IT manager is the person who deals with upgrades.

I don't deal with technical support but I haven't heard any complaints. I think they're okay.

The company previously used a different solution and I think the reason they switched was that with BeyondTrust you didn't need to install agents while the previous solution was agent based. Other than that, I don't think there was much between them.

I don't know what licensing costs are but I believe it's on par with other solutions when we did compare that. It may be a little more if you have many concurrent sessions needed.

What other advice do I have?

It's important to understand the purpose of the solution. Professional services is one thing, manager services is another. It's about PRA and remote support, they do two different things which is why I'd like to see them combined because we usually need both pieces of functionality. You need to understand your use case before you engage with any company that you're trying to get a solution for.

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Milos Tolpa
IT Engineer at FormatPC
Reseller
Feature-rich, secure, and allows for recording and auditing of support sessions

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we implement for our customers. It is used for providing secure remote support and allows you to control the support staff. You can see what they were doing on the machines and provides them the ability to work in a secure manner. It is done through a secure connection, where everything is recorded and can be audited.

What is most valuable?

This is a very secure product. There are a lot of features available.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this region can be improved.

We have been working with BeyondTrust Remote Support for a few months. We have really just started selling them, so we don't have a great deal of experience yet. …

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This is a very secure product.

There are a lot of features available.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this region can be improved.

The is a stable product.

This solution is scalable and can support a lot of users.

The technical support is okay, although, for this region, it is a little bit tougher. They are expanding the market but I think that at the moment, they are not focusing on non-EU countries.

It is easy to deploy. It can be an on-premises physical appliance or a cloud-based virtual appliance deployment. You just need to set the policies and the users.

It is an expensive product, although it is secure and of high quality.

I would prefer that it was more affordable.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a really nice product that is really secure and I can recommend it to other users.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

AH
Associate Security Engineer at a security firm with 11-50 employees
Good ability to control sessions with a user friendly interface

• "Solution has a good UI."
  • "Lacks some kind of voice communication option."

What is our primary use case?

I'm an associate security engineer and we are partners with BeyondTrust.

What is most valuable?

I like the interface and it's helpful for me that when I'm taking a session it's totally in my control.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some kind of voice communication feature. During a session, communication is on chat. Although we can share a screen, there is sometimes a lag with the chat.

I've worked with this solution for about a year up to a couple of months ago.

I used the solution for my internal environment and it was stable and efficient when connecting with the customer. We share the link and they access it. I used it for sessions of up to 20 people and it was fine.

There is good documentation available so if I'm missing anything the BeyondTrust site documentation has all the answers.

The deployment is straightforward and quite mature.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend trying this solution. Particularly during Covid times with people working from home, it's useful to have the help desk with the GM in the office.

There can always be improvements so I rate this product eight out of 10.

NP
Project Manager at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
A secure support solution with a useful remote support feature

• "It's very secure, and it works very well. I like their remote support feature. It can be used for our clients' desktops or anywhere where the client can be working. I'd have to say the product is very good. It's a strong solution for us."
  • "It could be more compatible with other applications. We had trouble with compatibility when it came to Entrust. This is because we had issues with Windows machines when we installed Entrust."

What is our primary use case?

We're using BeyondTrust Remote Support to create more support lines. One line of support for our employees, and the other for our clients at a bank. We're using this solution to fix problems for our clients and bank employees. I have branches in different cities, like the capital cities in Columbia.

What is most valuable?

It's very secure, and it works very well. I like their remote support feature. It can be used for our clients' desktops or anywhere where the client can be working. I'd have to say the product is very good. It's a strong solution for us.

What needs improvement?

It could be more compatible with other applications. We had trouble with compatibility when it came to Entrust. This is because we had issues with Windows machines when we installed Entrust.

I have been using BeyondTrust Remote Support for two years.

We had local support and nothing more.

We pay every year for the box, and there are no additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give BeyondTrust Remote Support a nine.

Product Categories
Remote Access
Download our free BeyondTrust Remote Support Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.