BIME Analytics [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is BIME Analytics [EOL]?

BIME simplifies business intelligence (BI) for data analysts and makes it easier for all types of businesses to both access and analyze big data. It focuses on creating user-friendly products for business intelligence that are based on new innovations in cloud-computing and the most advanced data visualization. With the BIME platform, businesses can take control of managing, analyzing, and sharing data. A scalable solution, BIME allows you to access all of your data at once, connecting all sources of data in your customizable dashboard. It offers an intuitive interface that is very user-friendly. Another feature of BIME is that it works in real-time as well as remotely, allowing you to access constantly updated data in the cloud at anytime and from anywhere. This software also offers a calculation engine that allows you to write your own functions for data analysis, interactive data visualizations, and advanced tools for comparing various data elements. You can use QueryBlender to mix and match all types of information. BIME also allows you to examine data from many different perspectives at the same time. SpicyLemon, a Dutch company that distributes security and anti-virus software, used BIME to maintain a high level of growth despite heavy competition in their industry. With BIME, this company was able to more easily analyze data from their online marketing campaigns, allowing them to decrease costs and increase awareness of their brand online. BIME's solution is one of many data analytics applications reviewed in our SmartAdvisor; click the link to see more companies' reviews.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BIME Analytics [EOL] Customers

American Addicition Centers, AsiaInspection.com, British Columbia, Cars.com, Delivery Hero, GREENPEACE, Health Direct, Hovis, Lenovo, McAfee

BIME Analytics [EOL] Video

Archived BIME Analytics [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Chief Solutions Officer at Treehouse Technology Group
It's given us the ability to quickly plot data with an expansive set of graphs and data blending capabilities.

What is most valuable?

The ability to quickly plot data with an expansive set of graphs and data blending capabilities. Additionally, the product has a vast array of data connectors available which makes bringing in new data sets fairly simple.

How has it helped my organization?

For this product, we actually incorporated the dashboarding capabilities into an application we are building for one of our clients. Our clients love the dashboarding and analytics capabilities that it provides. BIME has allowed our organization to quickly chart data after we built a successful data management and warehousing capability. Essentially, it is the tip of the iceberg, but an essential one nonetheless.

What needs improvement?

I come from using Excel for my charting capabilities. Whereas BIME clearly surpasses Excel on many fronts with regards to interactive charting, there are areas where small formatting features are not available.

I've used it for six months.

We have not encountered any issues with stability.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

BIME has been very responsive thus far and we have been sending in features requests that we would like to see incorporated into the product. Similarly, BIME has take a very collaborative relationship with its customers and partners.

I have used a number of products, from Tableau, Cognos, Klipfolio, OBIFS, SSRS, Crystal Reports, Excel etc. We choose BIME because it was a value-based solution with great visualization and data blending capabilities. We further enhance the capabilities of the platform by building a warehouse around our enterprise dataset and utilize BIME for the frontend.

We found the initial setup to be fairly straightforward, with good documentation and customer support. BIME has a great ability to cache data for fast access, good iframing and mobile responsiveness, as well as SSO capabilities and integration.

Treehouse Technology Group acted as the vendor for the implementation and provided first-tier support for the product, initially with BIME’s assistance.

What other advice do I have?

As with any Data Warehousing project, the visualization tool is only as good as the warehouse underneath. Treehouse Technology Group architected an enterprise platform that has allowed it clients easy and fast access to their data to uncover insights and drive value. BIME has accelerated Treehouse’s ability to execute on high visibility products by significantly decreasing the time to market for our products, especially during periods of rapid prototyping. Treehouse has focused on going from data to dashboard in 30 days and BIME has facilitated our capabilities.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Treehouse Technology Group is both a customer and a partner of BIME, but was a customer first.
EMEA Junior Tracking & Analytics Specialist at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
We were able to create and personalize dashboards for each of our customers.

Improvements to My Organization

At Seloger.com, we had so many customers that it was impossible to send an Analytics Dashboard to each one of them.

What we did relies on the fact that we created a "general" dashboard with all the most essentials web analytics and we used the "security key split" method in order to personalize this general dashboard for each one of our customers.

Room for Improvement

Although we were able to provide dashboards to our customers, it required that we create a the dashboards with the essential analytics.

We haven't had issues with deployment.

We haven't had issues with stability.

We haven't had issues with scalability.

BIME support was fantastic, very competent and useful.

Other Advice

I can recommend using BIME Analytics as it's definitely a very useful and powerful tool.

Find out what your peers are saying about Zendesk, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: September 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user382506
Operations Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 501-1,000 employees
​The most valuable feature is the ability to create graphs and solutions through multiple entities. ​I do not think that they made this software with the user in mind.

What is most valuable?

The ability to create graphs and solutions through multiple entities.

How has it helped my organization?

Our business is very fast pace, so "live numbers" help us on a daily basis figure out how to spend our time.

What needs improvement?

I do not think that they made this software with the user in mind. If you have a small business make sure you hire a tech savy person. If not this will become extremely difficult.

The one issue is that our numbers are put together weekly. When starting out in the process you have to not only type in every date, you also have to put the dates in order. This is very time consuming.

We have used this solution for a year.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues scaling it.

Customer Service is non existent.

I would give it a 4/10. They have a bar on the side to help, but they want you to screen shot the problem or you pretty much have to play around and figure it out yourself. Plus a call to them costs a lot of money.

Everything that we were using was Excel. I wanted to get us up to the 21st Century. So this is great, but we will also be vetting other solutions here in the future.

It was very complex.

You should get a contractor to help with implementing it, but we did it in-house.

I see no ROI.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure when you get to do some training that you prepare ahead of time. Explain to them the way you conduct your business and have them do a "day in the life of" demo.

Learning & Development Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Although it is easy to import multiple sources and view them side by side, it is a bit difficult to combine tables together by matching keys and importing columns.

Valuable Features:

Data importing from multiple sources. This was particularly useful for combining online and offline data, as well as across different analytical platforms (Google Analytics and Omniture).

Improvements to My Organization:

It allows for streamlining of user management for different clients, by allowing us to have one platform for various stakeholders to login to view all of their data sources in one place.

Room for Improvement:

I wish that it had better database management mapping features. Although it is easy to import multiple sources and view them side by side, it is a bit difficult to combine tables together by matching keys and importing columns (a feat that even PowerPivot can do).

Deployment Issues:

We haven't had issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

It's been stable for us.

Scalability Issues:

It's scaled just fine for us.

Other Advice:

This tool is great for combining data sources in the cloud, but it is more of a data visualization tool, and not very function heavy when it comes to data manipulation and processing.

Sales and Data Analyst at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The treemap allows you to visualize categories effectively and the added function of decomposing to further categories.

What is most valuable?

The visualization types and appearance, especially the treemap visualization type. The treemap allows you to visualize categories effectively and the added function of decomposing to further categories, if there is a hierarchy has its benefits in user exploration. It is size and color coded, giving you a great visual indicator.

How has it helped my organization?

The ability to paint a picture in any shape or form the user wants which can empower decision-making. I will go on to say implementing business intelligence is like developing a common language between the technical and management side in an organization. With this collaboration, I feel the technical side is appreciated more and has the opportunity to showcase itself.

What needs improvement?

From my role, I would personally would like them to include R programming which would be a great support tool in dynamic statistical analysis and predictive modeling. Currently, I have to download the data-set for analysis and it is difficult to deliver outputs with BIME concurrently.

I've used it for two to three months.

Due to my role, I am not part of the BI implementation team but from what I gather, issues are with connections to the data source and scheduling.

8.5/10 - They have a chat feature to answer questions while the user is working on the BIME platform. They respond in a timely manner. Documentation had some gaps which required some additional training and emails.

Before I joined the team, they were using Domo but switched to BIME to cost effectiveness I believe.

I am not part of the implementation team so I don't have more information on this.

It was done in-house.

We have just implemented BIME, we are currently developing the pricing models.

What other advice do I have?

It's definitely the concept that I learned in school, the barriers to adopting technology such as willingness to change, cost and proof of value. Having a good vision and leader cannot be understated.

it_user111510
VP Marketing with 51-200 employees
Previously, hours were spent manually creating reports. Now, business users can analyze data in real time.
ManageMySpa is a cloud software for spas and salons that includes appointment booking, online booking, a POS, employee management, loyalty programs, inventory management, and a mobile solution along with analytics. The analytics are a critical part of our solution and runs through the cloud BI solution provided by BIME Analytics. We've found that BIME is a powerful and intuitive analytics solution, and complements our own product. With BIME, our clients have the capability to see up to the minute data and able to make informed business decisions quickly. With BIME, we’re able to offer our clients real time dashboards, daily reports and weekly reports. In 2012, a salon chain with 50 location that span 5 cities began using ManageMySpa. Previously, they were struggling to get to the data they…

In 2012, a salon chain with 50 location that span 5 cities began using ManageMySpa. Previously, they were struggling to get to the data they needed - it used to require manual aggregation of data that required hours of effort. They would get reports, but weeks delayed.

It had become apparent that they needed real-time data that was accessible to their senior managers regardless of where they were as well as for our regional managers.

As they grew along with an expanding customer base, it was critical for them to monitor the entire organization’s performance as well as be able to drill down into individual locations. And, just as importantly, to compare performance between centers.

The real power of BIME is that it’s real-time, which means the management team is always connected to all the salon locations, even though the salons are spread across 3 states.

They can look at data and metrics ranging from sales patterns, traffic from each gender, traffic from new guests vs returning guests, how marketing promotions are working at each center, and the overall sales mix of service categories, product categories and more. They’re able to successfully identify revenue opportunities and track down any unexpected behaviors.

Now, it’s easy to see what categories of services perform better in terms of revenue growth or appointment counts, and to compare service sales over time periods. They can outline differences between members and non-members, evaluate the revenue generated by male and female clients, and see the most effective marketing programs.

Most importantly, by drilling through the charts and using filters, they can find root causes for behavior and replicate positive behaviors and marketing campaigns. More than that, they can run what-if queries on the data in order to understand how changes in business strategies on various sub-categories of services could impact performance overall.

They are now able to successfully take action to stop revenue leakages, to better retain customers, improve incentive schemes for employees and provide more timely staffing and training programs for centers that see sudden growths in the demand for certain types of services.

They used findings from analytics to design a marketing campaign with two goals – reducing the amount of discount typically give in our promotions, and to send customers home with a home care retail product related to the service they received.

Once the marketing campaign was launched, they relied on their analytics to monitor performance and make adjustments as and when needed.

Their marketing campaign generated more than $100,000 in additional revenue. It was the BIME enhanced analytics planning and monitoring combined with ManageMySpa’s targeted marketing tools that helped us exceed our original expectations.

The campaign ran for 2 months and averaged at a 22% discount - this was 8% lower than old campaigns where they were giving away 30%. Combined with a higher average ticket size, they made over 100k in additional revenue.

Throughout this campaign and also on a daily basis, the sales and marketing analytics dashboards allows them to keep track of the macro discounting figure from all campaigns to be in range while also tracking the effectiveness of separate campaigns. They can tweak campaigns as they go along because they now understand in real-time what types of customers they attract - whether new or returning ones, what gender, which offers were giving away too much in discounts, and analyze various services and product mixes that brought in the most revenue.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: ManageMySpa software integrates the BIME platform for a real-time analytics solution.
CEO with 51-200 employees
BIME’s SQL connector, easy to setup dashboards and customization options are valuable features.
Back in 2013, we realized we needed a tool that would allow us to constantly monitor and dynamically analyze each dimension coming from the variety of data sources we have. We chose BIME to help us aggregating these data sources and exhibiting the queries in a very simple way. BIME’s simplicity and customization were a good fit for getting us started with our analysis process. We are able to analyze several areas of interest as users go from a macro point of view to a detailed one. We have several customizable features (such as event tracking) in the app and in the back end which allows us to gather crucial information about their core business, and analyze traffic, user activity, user flow, and behavior. Since we started using BIME we have been analyzing through cloud-based dashboards a…

We are able to analyze several areas of interest as users go from a macro point of view to a detailed one. We have several customizable features (such as event tracking) in the app and in the back end which allows us to gather crucial information about their core business, and analyze traffic, user activity, user flow, and behavior. Since we started using BIME we have been analyzing through cloud-based dashboards a whole series of factors that influence app features, customer retention or experience across different devices.

From the very start, we set up a layer between the raw data that comes from our server and the BIME engine and since we had the resources to put everything on relational databases, the majority of the data sources were linked through BIME's SQL connector. Once the data flow was up and running, we were able to set up the first version of our dashboards in just a couple of months. By aggregating different metrics from the data sources, we were able to understand and identify a series of key patterns.

Real-time dashboards also allow us to enhance our data-driven marketing decision making by connecting to our Google Analytics and Facebook Insights data. We also use BIME on a daily basis to create reports of our key parameters and metrics.

Disclosure: IT Central Station has made contact with the reviewer to validate that the person is a real user. The information in the posting is based upon a vendor-supplied case study, but the reviewer has confirmed the content's accuracy.
Founder & General Director with 51-200 employees
BIME Analytics is a NATIVE CLOUD BI solution: Easy to connect all data sources and easy to play with your data

Valuable Features:

Cloud BI- no deployment necessary Ability to connect all data sources (databases, online services, files, BigData) Ability to create a dashboard on your own without IT - BIME is "User Centric" A high level of data security Ability to perform an URL publication of your data boards- so easy

Improvements to My Organization:

Marketing dashboards Financial production dashboards

Room for Improvement:

The V6 should be better in terms of navigability and ergonomy

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution for 2 years

No deployment, it's a full cloud solution

Valuable Features:

• Cloud BI- no deployment necessary
  • Ability to connect all data sources (databases, online services, files, BigData)
  • Ability to create a dashboard on your own without IT - BIME is "User Centric"
  • A high level of data security
  • Ability to perform an URL publication of your data boards- so easy

Improvements to My Organization:

• Marketing dashboards
  • Financial production dashboards

Room for Improvement:

The V6 should be better in terms of navigability and ergonomy

Use of Solution:

I have used this solution for 2 years

No deployment, it's a full cloud solution
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are the partner of BIME Analytic for the Indian Ocean area and South Africa
it_user141603
Managing Director with 51-200 employees
Start small and build your queries and connections in small incremental steps.
BIME dashboards help me review essential details on a daily basis and discover improvement areas for our company. Even after only 3 months, the benefits largely outweigh the costs of the system and we have already paid for many more months in terms of financial results. People often think about the cost of running a BI tool without seeing the benefits that they can get from it. In this context, for us BIME actually costs next to nothing. We were able to automate a whole series of processes that were previously done manually and thus streamline how we work. The insights drawn from the dashboards offer me a deeper understanding of the situation as I am now able to see an overview of our entire business. After we began implementing, we started to add more and more details to each graph. By…

After we began implementing, we started to add more and more details to each graph. By drilling down or decomposing charts in dashboards, we discovered outliers that lead to exception reports - these reports becoming the source for reviewing our business.

Using the interactive visual dashboards created through BIME, we can now pay more attention to the underlying factors of our performance and re-engineer our internal processes and workflow altogether.

We have been operating for 10 years with very basic manually generated KPIs and indicators. The answers we got from analysing data were certainly incomplete, often contained errors and took way too long to be published. You had to have some strong Excel skills to be able to manipulate data, formulas, macros and pivot tables.

The biggest problem was that by the time we got the information, a few weeks had gone by and the reaction happened too late. Also, the indicators produced were not detailed enough, lacked completeness and versatility. It was not always easy to draw concrete action plans from them.

At first, when we started using BIME, we wanted to do a myriad of graphs as one is tempted to analyze everything all at once but we soon realized that the process has to be more gradual than that. You must really start small and build your queries and connections in small incremental steps.

Nowadays, we have separate dashboards for various levels of reporting. We’ve increased the speed of working altogether - today, with a few system exports to Excel and a refresh in BIME, the analysis we were previously doing in days is now ready made through the automatically updated dashboards. But more than that, there is no need for manual interventions, no risk for errors which results in better accuracy.

it_user111513
Manager of Network Development with 51-200 employees
We were using Excel spreadsheets to manage our top indicators but moved to BIME to provide us with management dashboards
Looking for a way to easily distribute relevant business indicators to our national network of salary porting franchises, we chose BIME to provide us with management dashboards. Each franchise manages its own office relying on a strong back office made of a home-made web tool and an organized MySQL database. At the end of each month, as part of the quality procedure, the franchisees used to fill in an Excel file including some twenty indicators which were then sent to the franchisor for both analysis and consolidation. This solution wasn’t feasible for our franchise development and was tedious for the franchisees. We had to make the procedure easier so that the franchisees could avoid filling the Excel table with potential typing errors. I had a precise idea regarding the requirements to…

I had a precise idea regarding the requirements to maximize the recovering and circulation of the dashboards. Knowing well the traditional BI solutions, we couldn’t return to their operating model advocating a structure of server-client, price and integration necessity.

Looking for a solution that doesn’t require investing in an infrastructure nor managing servers, we naturally went into the Cloud. The Cloud choice was part of the prerequisites since the very beginning because we didn’t have internal IT resources, neither could we afford consultants to develop analysis and dashboards. Finally, the last selection criteria falled on the price, the facility of rolling-out and the software offering good possibilities for development.

Further to the ownership and the BIME training, the setting up was fast since after only one week the first dashboards were created. We created several dashboards to track the turnover, balance and contracts.

The dashboards are used by three distinct groups within the network:

• The franchisees through management dashboards
  • The franchisor for the benchmarks
  • The administration for management tasks

The rolling-out of the dashboards had a snowball effect. The first analysis enabled us to realize that they had to refine the indicators’ definitions. The adoption was immediate- the franchisees used the analysis and asked for more straight away.

With a few months hindsight, a significant time saving was noticed as for the information production and the data quality matching both when it comes to our franchisees and the franchisor.

We’re now thinking about the publication of new indicators. The BIME solution allows us to observe the current situation compared to an historical view permitting us to make decisions. Each franchisee will soon be able to track its own progress according to the goals they’ve set.