Bitbar OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bitbar is #1 ranked solution in top Mobile App Platforms and #27 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. IT Central Station users give Bitbar an average rating of 6 out of 10. Bitbar is most commonly compared to BrowserStack:Bitbar vs BrowserStack. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 34% of all views.
What is Bitbar?
Testdroid is a set of mobile software development and testing products by Bitbar Technologies Limited. Testdroid comprises three different products: Testdroid Cloud, Testdroid Recorder and Testdroid Enterprise. Testdroid provides an application programming interface through open source software available on GitHub. Testdroid can use testing frameworks, such as Robotium, Appium and uiautomator for native and Selenium for web applications, targeted for mobile application and game developers. Testdroid Cloud contains real Android and iOS powered devices, some of which are available for users. Testdroid Cloud lets users run tests simultaneously on cloud-based service. Testdroid Recorder is a tool for developers and testers for recording user-actions and producing JUnit based test cases on mobile application and games. Testdroid Recorder is available at the Eclipse marketplace. Testdroid Enterprise is a server software for managing automated testing on multiple real Android and iOS powered devices, supporting Gradle build system and Jenkins Continuous Integration.

Bitbar is also known as Testdroid.

Bitbar Customers
Rovio, Paf, Supercell, NITRO Games, Seriously, AVG, Google, Bosch, Yahoo, Microsoft, Yandex, Mozilla, eBay, PayPal, TESCO, Cisco WebEx, Facebook, LinkedIn, skype, Subway
Bitbar Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bitbar pricing:
  • "The pricing is complicated. It's in the middle."

Bitbar Reviews

RD
Senior Automation Engineer at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Has the ability to use different frameworks for testing although it is lacking in capability options

• "Ability to use different frameworks."
  • "Lacking capability options that can be directly integrated."

What is our primary use case?

We're using the enterprise statement plan which is provided and sponsored by our company. Our primary use case is for testing the application on different mobile devices and different versions using the APM script in our test cases.

For now, we're not using the product on a daily basis but we have plans to expand usage.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like the most is that you can use different frameworks, whether it's APM or something else, and you don't need to worry about the framework.

What needs improvement?

Improvement of the product could be made by running the dashboard part, it gets stuck sometimes.

Additional features I'd like to see would be the provision of more things with support. I'd like to see more capability options that we can directly integrate with our scripts.

I've been using the product for one year.

Yes, it's stable. I've been using it without problems, although it does work better on private cloud.

The product is scalable, it just depends on the product plan you're using.

The customer service has a common chat group that is quite active. If you create tickets they get resolved within two or three days for complex issues. If it's something simple they'll help straight away. It's pretty good.

Setup depends on how you are using the product. In our case, it was quite simple. We did it ourselves and it didn't take much time, maybe a day. We used one person per team for setup, usually an engineer or developer.

For each team, we had one person to assist with deployment. We have multiple teams so each team had someone dealing with setup. We now have two people working in the company who deal with the maintenance of the solution.

We looked at other options but we didn't need a web application so we went with something on the public cloud which is quite easy compared to other solutions. We were looking more into the mobile side of the product.

What other advice do I have?

If a company is only interested in the mobile side, then I would recommend the product. But if they are looking for a browser and mobile board then they should go for other options like BrowserStack. We were focused only on the mobile side, so we chose this product.

If I was talking about hybrid cloud I would rate the product a seven out of 10. But as I'm talking about public then I would rate it a six out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
PN
Head of Digital & Cognitive Services at a tech company with 11-50 employees
A testing platform with a good API for apps, but pricing is complicated

• "Game testing and the API for apps are good."
  • "Their pricing structure is complicated and can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for AI Testbot testing and mobile app testing.

What is most valuable?

I like that the AI Testbot is a near-zero code application for testing. For this use case, the function is good. The services are robust. Game testing and the API for apps are also good.

From the perspective of pricing, licensing, ease of use, integration with other applications, impact complexity, and integration with other tools, we're pretty much very satisfied.

What needs improvement?

Their pricing structure is complicated and can be improved.

I have been using Bitbar for almost a year.

Bitbar is a stable solution. It's doing what it's supposed to do

Bitbar is scalable and integrates well with other solutions.

Technical support is appropriate, and I didn't see any problems. There are no complaints from the team regarding support and maintenance or the technical support they get from the vendor.

We use Bitbar as a complementary technology. It didn't replace anything.

The initial setup was within budget and tested within time.

The pricing is complicated. It's in the middle.

What other advice do I have?

For AI bot testing, it's a pretty good domain. I would recommend Bitbar to potential users.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Bitbar a seven.