Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security Overview

Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Virtualization Security tools. It is most often compared to Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud: Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security vs Seqrite Endpoint Security Cloud

What is Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security?

Security for Virtualized Environments (SVE) by Bitdefender is the first all- encompassing security solution for virtualized datacenters, protecting virtualized servers and desktops on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems.

Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security is also known as Bitdefender GravityZone Security for Virtualized Environments, GravityZone Security for Virtualized Environments.

Download the Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security Customers
SambaSafety, Morefield Communications, Northstar Ltd., Citrix, Greenman-Pedersen
Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security pricing:
  • "The licensing costs can vary."
  • "The general basic price is roughly $1.20 for a license with Bitdefender."
  • "Its price has gone up since our last renewal. My renewal fee has gone from $517.99 in 2018 for 3 years to $739.99 when it renews this year in July. I love the product, but a price increase of over 40% is a bit exorbitant."
  • "There are many licensing options available, we have been on monthly agreements and other volume contract agreements."

Kevin Mabry
CEO at Sentree Systems, Corp.
Gives a good snapshot of what's going on

What is our primary use case?

We are using the recent, most current version. I use it for security purposes of the endpoints and primarily use it for its telemetry and the information it provides, which I utilize for the stock solution I offer. That information is very valuable to the software for detection and response layered security.

• "The solution is very scalable."
  • "The risk management tool does not have reporting, which I feel to be a huge mistake."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others looking into implementing the solution is that they do all the appropriate research and make a proper plan in advance of deployment. There are many things in the solution, which appear on the left-hand side and must be accessed by scrolling down, including going into the setup and deploying policies. It takes time to get everything together and it is not simply a matter of plugging in the solution. Once this is taken care of, a person can create templates, which are critical and can be copied and pasted. I created a baseline template for any client of mine, of which I can…
Kevin Mabry
CEO at Sentree Systems, Corp.
It's the full gamut of everything I'm using for clients

What is our primary use case?

It's the full gamut of everything I'm using for clients, and I'm in the process of switching all of them over to using Bitdefender GravityZone. It just has a lot more telemetry that allows me to monitor and manage my clients' security postures.

• "Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security has a lot of telemetry that allows me to really see what's going on with the device."
  • "They've got all this training that's available, but it involves stuff that doesn't really encompass the solution as a whole."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to make sure you get your ducks in a row and understand the stages you need to go through to actually implement it into a client's office. Practice the steps you have to go through. It's not a straightforward, step-by-step process. You've got to go to "companies", create a company, then go into "packages", and create a package. You also have to create a policy. You can create generic policies or individual policies for each client. I recommend creating policies for individual clients, but you can also create a generic one and just duplicate it for each client and then adjust it…
Find out what your peers are saying about Bitdefender, Seqrite, SonicWall and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jay Barwick
Vice President of Operations at River Mill Data Management, LLC
Easy to use, highly stable, and provides top-notch service and the ability to manage everything in one place

What is our primary use case?

Endpoint protection

• "Virus scan and the ability to remotely install are valuable features. Being able to manage everything in one place and set different policies and rules for different computer types are very useful features. It also has ransomware protection. It is very simple to use, and it is very effective."
  • "It could be simplified a little bit for firewall rules and blocking specific IP addresses. It would be nice to have an option to upload a CSV or XLSX file of IP addresses to be blacklisted or to be able to specify a range as attempted logins from botnets and people attempting to access network accounts is an increasing issue across the board."

What other advice do I have?

I would highly recommend this solution. It is very easy to use, and it provides top-notch service. I haven't had any issues with it. I would rate Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security a nine out of ten.
Ray Cool
CEO at PBSI Technology Solutions
Stable, problem-free, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product as an antivirus. That's pretty much it right now.

• "The product is a good standard security tool."
  • "The price has increased marginally recently and I would prefer if they didn't raise rates."

What other advice do I have?

We're using the latest version of the solution right now. I can't speak to the exact version number. We use multiple deployment models, including on-premises and cloud. We're a reseller. I'd advise other users or organizations to implement it. It's a great product. I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. There are no real issues with it and it works well.
DavidNeel
Chief Technology Officer at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Threat detection and high resource usage needs improvement, but scales well

What is our primary use case?

We are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) and we deploy this solution on nodes.

• "The installation is easy and it takes approximately a few hours. We are deploying it from a Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) tool. All you need to do is click on it and the installation is complete."
  • "The lack of detecting security threats and high memory usage need to be improved."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is not to implement this solution. There are better solutions in the market. I would give this solution a low rating because it did not do what the end customer believed that it could or should do. It let them down and allowed them to be victims of a ransomware attack that is a business-critical scenario. I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Enterprise Security a four out of ten.