Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is the #8 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to SentinelOne: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra vs SentinelOne

What is Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra?

Bitdefender GravityZone's ENDPOINT SECURITY TOOLS intelligent security agent assesses the host machine at installation to self-configure to optimal form, and adapts its behavior according to endpoint accessibility. Security administrators allocate resources to security tasks through policies per groups of machines. They can set security tools to work on a local machine, or they can decide to rely more on Bitdefender Global Protective Network, or totally offload security to security servers.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is also known as Bitdefender GravityZone.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide

Download the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Customers

Mentor Graphics, Rudersdal Kommune

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra pricing:
  • "Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is less expensive than other solutions, such as CrowdStrike. We had a really good deal because it was their year-end and they were trying to do a lot of sales that week. We bought a three-year contract from them and the cost was approximately $17 per endpoint, per year. It is was a very good price. I have spoken to other people who have purchased CrowdStrike at approximately $60 per endpoint, per year. I have no complaints about the price of this solution."
  • "There are different packages available that vary in terms of licensing fees."

Robert Nevans
CEO at CSToday
Great security with excellent standard policies and extremely stable

What is our primary use case?

We deploy GravityZone endpoint protection from the admin to every in-office machine, every utility machine, and then to each work-from-home machine that that attorney or paralegal uses when COVID-19 gets bad. There is a weekly centralized review. There is also response to alerts. The solution is basically a firewall, antivirus, and anti-malware. It's got a heuristic module. It takes a lot of the same core technology that you see in GravityZone, however, with a decidedly more consumer-friendly face.

• "We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy."
  • "For many, the problems come mostly when they start tweaking or short-cutting - particularly for patch management."

What other advice do I have?

The solution is targeted for the consumer community, however, I've seen it deployed a lot this year from all the work from home attorneys and paralegals and such. I would advise those seriously considering the solution to go for the three-year contract as it'll save you money. If you're changing protection more often than every three years, then you're not really paying attention. I would rate the solution ten out of ten. We have problems with Word, we have problems with Google, we have problems with Google Drive, we have some problems with the Box API, we have lots of problems with all IFTTT…
David Alfonso
Cybersecurity Analyst & System Engineer at Compucare Systems Inc
Reseller
Offers patch management for all critical updates and protection of the system

• "The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine."
  • "Bitfender could improve their modules on the server. For example, Bitdefender doesn't have content filters or firewall modules on the server. It would be great if it had a networking module and a content filter module at the workstations."

What other advice do I have?

We use Bitdefender cloud. So basically everything is cloud-based. All the protection is based on agents installed in servers and workstations. In terms of mobile protection, I see that it has good features. You can install the mobile protection on on-premise servers like VMware or Hyper-V, and it works fine. It's very friendly. I do see the graphics on the mobile endpoint are a little bit old and I think they should improve that. Also, it would be great if in the future they included a feature for anti-theft so they can clean the device and wipe it out if it gets stolen. I think it might have…
Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CO
Director, Information Technology at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Frequent updates, plenty of features, and effective threat avoidance

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for advanced protection against threats for our endpoints.

• "What I have found to be valuable is after every new release of the solution there are more features. At the time that we bought Bitdefender GravityZone, it was their top solution. We went from their Enterprise version to Elite, Elite HD, Ultra, and now there is an Ultra Plus available."
  • "I have not had used the EDR portion of the solution to do any custom scripting to allow further advanced operations on the endpoints. From what I understand from reading the comments on reviews is that it is not particularly flexible in this regard."

What other advice do I have?

For those wanting to implement this solution, I would advise them it is worth it and to test it out. I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra a nine out of ten.
Troy Ferraris
Managing Director at TEPSA (Pty) Ltd
Reseller
The best protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software

What is our primary use case?

We provide this solution for anyone from a single user at home wanting to protect their PC, right up to large banking institutions with thousands of users. It's all about protecting computers from malware, ransomware, viruses, and the like. We are in partnership with Bitdefender and we're distributors of the product, functioning as a managed service provider. I'm the managing director of the company.

• "Great protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software."
  • "Occasionally websites are unnecessarily blocked due to monitoring software on those sites."

What other advice do I have?

At the end of the day, it's important to choose a solid product and GravityZone's done that. Once you pass the hurdle of selecting the proper product, it's important to select the right partner who's going to be implementing, and can support you. You can buy a solution online but you get zero support. Buy locally, choose the right partner you know is going to look after you. Don't go to some computer shop in the mall, and go and buy the antivirus, because you're not going to get the support that you require. If it costs 5% more, it's worth it. I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.
German R.
Chief Information Security Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to whitelist, blacklist, and be very granular as to what I blocked

What is our primary use case?

The way I have it configured for most of my clients is that I go through and I do an analysis of where they need to go from basically giving them absolutely no access. I literally block everything. Then I start opening up their modules for content control. It's for opening up and giving specific users specific access that they need on the internet. I try to go with the zero access approach. That's my main approach. And that's how I usually use it. Obviously I have a couple of clients that wanted everything open and then they wanted us to go backward and to leave everything open and start… more »

• "The most valuable feature for me is the ability to whitelist, blacklist, and be very granular as to what I blocked, what apps I blocked, and what websites I block. I think that's probably the most valuable feature."
  • "The software itself is solid. It would be better if it was more of a real-time solution, like SentinelOne. The one thing that holds me back on the SentinelOne side is that I can blacklist websites and stuff like that, but it's not as granular as Bitdefender. With Bitdefender, I feel like I have more control over what I can whitelist and blacklist."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to do it. For the most part, I've been happy. I would definitely recommend it. I don't know if the software has the infrastructure for it, but in the next release, I would like for them to add some AI and some more predictive capabilities. It'll run more on a real-time basis instead of near real-time. I think that would work for me. I think it would be great. I would rate Bitdefender a nine out of ten.
Mohamed Berawy
Technical Team Leader at ValueSYS
Reseller
Easy to install, technical support that is responsive and helpful, and offers solid security more protection.

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor for Bitdefender in our country and GravityZone is one of the security products that we have experience with.

• "It is easy to scale and it is suitable for organizations from small businesses to enterprise."
  • "I would like to see the capability for remote installation added, in particular for servers."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering or implementing this product is to visit our YouTube channel to look for helpful videos on it to see how to preform and easy and fast POC. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
ML
Manager, Information Security at Hyundai Capital America
Zero false positives with 100% reliable solution

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is prevention, rather than just detections. The solution prevented most APT (advanced persistent threat) attacks at pre-execution stage.

• "With Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we don't have to worry about our endpoints or attacks. Our security has become stronger. This has been a reliable solution for our company."
  • "The graphical user interface for EDR could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

Perfect solution , Please Test, Test and Test solution before buying, there is a lot of hype for Crowdstrike and other competitors but no one is even close to the prevention that Bitdefender gravity zone ulrta could provide.
IS
Internal IT manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up, stable, and reasonably priced

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for endpoint protection. We use it for security.

• "The advanced direct control on offer is excellent."
  • "The only problem we have, and I don't know if maybe it's the package we bought, is that it lacks the parts of data protection and application blacklisting."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user. I would recommend the product as it's easy to deploy and it's not as heavy as Symantec. We found that the product was consuming so many processes in our system. This is light, so it's easy to configure. It's easier to deal with and I'd recommend it based on that. I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.
See 4 more Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Reviews
Download our free Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.