Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is the #8 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to SentinelOne: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra vs SentinelOne

What is Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra?

Bitdefender GravityZone's ENDPOINT SECURITY TOOLS intelligent security agent assesses the host machine at installation to self-configure to optimal form, and adapts its behavior according to endpoint accessibility. Security administrators allocate resources to security tasks through policies per groups of machines. They can set security tools to work on a local machine, or they can decide to rely more on Bitdefender Global Protective Network, or totally offload security to security servers.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is also known as Bitdefender GravityZone.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide

Download the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Customers

Mentor Graphics, Rudersdal Kommune

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra pricing:
  • "Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is less expensive than other solutions, such as CrowdStrike. We had a really good deal because it was their year-end and they were trying to do a lot of sales that week. We bought a three-year contract from them and the cost was approximately $17 per endpoint, per year. It is was a very good price. I have spoken to other people who have purchased CrowdStrike at approximately $60 per endpoint, per year. I have no complaints about the price of this solution."
  • "There are different packages available that vary in terms of licensing fees."

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Reviews

Robert Nevans
CEO at CSToday
Great security with excellent standard policies and extremely stable

• "We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy."
  • "For many, the problems come mostly when they start tweaking or short-cutting - particularly for patch management."

What is our primary use case?

We deploy GravityZone endpoint protection from the admin to every in-office machine, every utility machine, and then to each work-from-home machine that that attorney or paralegal uses when COVID-19 gets bad. There is a weekly centralized review. There is also response to alerts.

The solution is basically a firewall, antivirus, and anti-malware. It's got a heuristic module. It takes a lot of the same core technology that you see in GravityZone, however, with a decidedly more consumer-friendly face.

How has it helped my organization?

In an office building, there may be other firms on the same floor. In a couple of instances,  an attorney was trying to get a PDF uploaded to the court, or at least that's what he thought he was trying to do. It wouldn't work on his machine so he took it over to his partner's machine. It was a small firm, three attorneys. It wouldn't work on that one. So he took it to his partner's paralegal, and it wouldn't work on that one.

He brought it over to a paralegal from one of my clients, and it immediately detected it as malware and blocked it. That was a vanilla out-of-the-box scan from GravityZone. What's notable about this is the malware was pretty serious and it ended up ransomwaring both of those other firms even though they notified their IT people who went in and attempted remediation. They didn't catch it. We like that because this isn't just defending against network-based attacks, it's successfully defending against everything else.

What is most valuable?

The solution has better UI and better UX tools.

The standard policies are pretty good, right out of the box. We seldom have to tweak them. We have never had to make, and I'm speaking across probably 14 law firms in 2020, we've never had to attenuate for a specific device case like a scanner or a particular piece of software. On three occasions it did block some software paralegals were trying to install, which turned out to be malicious.

We like the dashboard, the console, the reporting. It's very easy to deploy.

We're pretty strong on GravityZone. We have had zero penetrations across our entire client base.

What needs improvement?

We don't deal with very large organizations. We stay as far away from active directory and combined network typologies, as much as we possibly can. The way I explain it is we don't build our houses out of straw, we don't build our houses out of wood. Each user machine that piggybacks builds a stone house.

We've cloud migrated everybody, however, it did not happen generically. We've used Google Enterprise or Box Enterprise, so good stuff. AES-256 at rest and AES-128 in transit. We only do scans on GravityZone covered machines via our contemporary APIs. We close every hole we can find. With people who still have servers, whether they're physical or virtual or cloud, and they're still active directory, and they're still 100% Microsoft shops, I've heard them complain. However, I don't care as it doesn't affect any of my clients.

For many, the problems come mostly when they start tweaking or short-cutting - particularly for patch management. A lot of admins will tend to bundle work that we don't think should be bundled, however, they tend to due to the fact that they're underfunded and undermanned. They've got to get all the patches up. They've got to get all the updates done. Therefore, they tend to tweak group policies associated with the active directory. Some of those customizations can create potential security holes.

GravityZone is the only one with the heuristic model, the simulator. We've seen where a thing may pass the script desk, it may pass the node and snippet test, however, it fails the heuristic test. That's where it launches a virtual machine in the high memory and lets the thing do whatever it's going to do, and then looks for where it goes. Of course, a lot of these things then go to the approval area as that's what the admin intended. However, then they get into a bit of a problem with GravityZone as it doesn't want them to do that. GravityZone works fine if you follow best practices in the other areas of your deployments. If you're kind of cheating or cutting corners, GravityZone isn't going to be mean to you, however, it may give you grief.

I've used the solution as a consumer on behalf of clients. I've been dealing with the solution for four or five years at this point.

The solution is extremely stable. Nothing that I work with is as stable as this product. For example, aside from its default group policies and actions being robust and its very adroit awareness of 'allowable' (you can't get a Kyocera auto-update if you don't have a Kyocera), we log less than one issue per year per client for Gravity Zone.

The technical support is amazing. It's pretty much instantaneous. We've very satisfied with the level of service we are provided.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

We create a package depending on the level of sophistication of the user. The average law firm will have three packages. A low-end package, attorney, because attorneys are actually the least significant player in a law firm. They're the least informed. They're the least aware technologically. Then there are the standard paralegals and then advanced technical paralegals. We want to give more power to the advanced technical paralegals. Prior to COVID, we would typically create two or three distribution points, but with all the work from home, we quickly observed it was unnecessary.

For example, let's say you've got 22 users in an office. You can create two or three distribution points in your configuration of the GravityZone download package. Then, those three distribution points, which are serverless and have no central authority, will capture the updates and distribute those to the other machines. That worked fine pre COVID. Post COVID, with everybody at home, fully 40% of the workforce at home, that creates an unnecessary burden. That's why we've suspended that.

We're using the UI you configure for whether the users are on a Win 64 machine or a Mac, and sometimes Linux. We build the package, send the package, install the package. When we put GravityZone on a machine we're building for deployment. It's all very quick and smooth.

When we're putting GravityZone on a work from home, typically it's a home laptop that has got a lot of stuff on it that isn't necessary. GravityZone installs in three phases. Phase one is a scan, a comprehensive scan. Phase two looks for offending software that is incompatible, such as McAfee. In home deployments, we very often watch it go through and have to unroot junkware. Sometimes that will take intervention on our part.

Although I can't speak to exact costs, in our experience, not only is it much more effective,  it also never costs more, and sometimes costs less than competitors.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is targeted for the consumer community, however, I've seen it deployed a lot this year from all the work from home attorneys and paralegals and such.

I would advise those seriously considering the solution to go for the three-year contract as it'll save you money. If you're changing protection more often than every three years, then you're not really paying attention.

I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

We have problems with Word, we have problems with Google, we have problems with Google Drive, we have some problems with the Box API, we have lots of problems with all IFTTT. However, we never really have problems with GravityZone.

David Alfonso
Cybersecurity Analyst & System Engineer at Compucare Systems Inc
Reseller
Offers patch management for all critical updates and protection of the system

• "The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine."
  • "Bitfender could improve their modules on the server. For example, Bitdefender doesn't have content filters or firewall modules on the server. It would be great if it had a networking module and a content filter module at the workstations."

How has it helped my organization?

We use patch management from Bitdefender, as well. It has a feature that has patch management for all the critical updates or protection of the system. It keeps the computer and the server up to date automatically with the details for the reports. It also has a new risk analytics feature. This risk analysis is a vulnerability scan of the workstation and the server endpoint, and it will tell you all the security misconfigurations on the system and provide you the solution to fix it. It also has automatic fixes to protect some of those misconfigurations.

For example. We all know the protocol SMB v1 is dangerous because it's old, and at the same time, it's vulnerable to the WannaCry ransomware. So with Bitdefender's risk analysis, it automatically fixes that for you, as well as a bunch of other things. I like that.

What is most valuable?

The best feature for our customers is the ransomware feature. It is very fresh and powerful. Bitdefender also has a feature called Ransomware Vaccine. With this feature, when a file from the ransomware is encrypted Bitdefender can revert it back to the original file. It automatically decrypts the file and puts the ransom in quarantine. This is like SentinelOne. This is a very impressive feature.

The second Bitdefender feature that I consider very important is its anti-phishing filter. The workstations get a straight content filter to protect from web pages. I like Bitdefender's anti-phishing so much because it doesn't need to install to any browser. It's captured directly from the network traffic in the computer, and it stopped a lot of phishing or phishing pages. It a very powerful anti-phisher. It sends email reports in real-time. I'm very happy with that.

What needs improvement?

Bitdefender could improve their modules on the server. For example, Bitdefender doesn't have content filters or firewall modules on the server. It would be great if it had a networking module and a content filter module at the workstations. Because when you install it on a workstation and a server is totally different, the workstation has all the modules, firewalls, content filters, antivirus, anti-exploit, etc. But then the server has fewer features than the workstation. It has the anti-malware and the EDR, which is good because you can see the logs. It also has the device control so you can block USB's and whatever you need. But it doesn't have the content filter to see the anti-phishing, and it doesn't have the firewall inside to stop network attacks. This is something that could be improved.

We have been using Bitdefender GravityZone for our customers for about three years.

It's very stable. The endpoint doesn't give me any errors. It doesn't require a lot of communication ports or protocols. It just needs to go to an HTTPS and create a port, like a web port, and they synchronize everything with the central server. It's very, very straightforward and it's very stable. It's not like all the antivirus products that I know require you to have ports open to communicate better. With other software you have the whitelist, a lot of hostnames in the firewall, to make sure it communicates to the server or the cloud. With Bitdefender, it just uses one hostname, one port, that's it. It's very stable. Very easy.

This product has an excellent price and it works with selling and reselling. It is a very good product to buy if you want to save money. In my experience, it's much more powerful than other solutions. It is very aggressive with the ransomware relative to the price. Its remote access Trojan is very focused on that power of security.

The support from Bitdefender could be improved. Last year the support was really slow. When you sent a ticket they would answer you five hours later. But over this past year, it has been improving. Now, if you send a ticket they call you back and help with whatever you need in about an hour.

The support people are are very skilled. When they call you they solve the problem immediately. They mostly do email support. But there is an option when you open a ticket that you can select remote support so they can connect remotely to your computer and assist you with whatever you need regarding Bitdefender.

We recently had a problem with password protection on a customer's endpoint. They helped us wipe it out. It was great. That's the experience we've had with the support tech. They've improved since last year.

We switched from Symantec because we had a problem with ransomware that did not stop. We were concerned about the customers with this particular ransom and older kinds of threats. We switched to Bitdefender after we tested a lot of viruses and ransomware in the lab.

The setup is very easy. You just set it up at the company, then you set up the package, and you download the executable, and it will be automatically installed. There's no "next next" wizards, nothing. It's all automatic. It has a feature, that I only I realized a month ago, which helps you to remove old competitors like Malwarebytes from all devices. The setup is very simple, believe me.

Also, with big environments like Active Directory, which has a lot of computers in the domain, you can install one endpoint in the server and set it up like a relay, everything in the simple graphical interface - very friendly. And you can deploy everything from the Bitdefender cloud, the installation to all the workstations which are in the domain.

The license is very flexible. You can choose from monthly, yearly, or three years. The license is very simple. It's not a file that has to upload to the product. It's just a serial number, like a product key, that you put on the cloud console, and that's it. Every endpoint you install will be synchronized with that license.

We tested several antivirus solutions and Bitdefender gave us the best results. In my experience as an IT company providing a lot of customers IT support and MSP, Bitdefender was and still is, the best at stopping the most dangerous ransomware currently on the internet.

What other advice do I have?

We use Bitdefender cloud. So basically everything is cloud-based. All the protection is based on agents installed in servers and workstations.

In terms of mobile protection, I see that it has good features. You can install the mobile protection on on-premise servers like VMware or Hyper-V, and it works fine. It's very friendly. I do see the graphics on the mobile endpoint are a little bit old and I think they should improve that. Also, it would be great if in the future they included a feature for anti-theft so they can clean the device and wipe it out if it gets stolen. I think it might have that feature because we are testing the new mobile solution that has the remote wipe, and the lock with the password feature. But the classic interface from the app should be improved, it's a little bit old.

Another feature I would like to improve is on the laptops. When a laptop is lost or stolen, it would be great if they included the anti-theft there as well. Because in the personal product, it's already implemented, but for business, it's not. That would be great.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate Bitdefender GravityZone a nine.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CO
Director, Information Technology at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Frequent updates, plenty of features, and effective threat avoidance

• "What I have found to be valuable is after every new release of the solution there are more features. At the time that we bought Bitdefender GravityZone, it was their top solution. We went from their Enterprise version to Elite, Elite HD, Ultra, and now there is an Ultra Plus available."
  • "I have not had used the EDR portion of the solution to do any custom scripting to allow further advanced operations on the endpoints. From what I understand from reading the comments on reviews is that it is not particularly flexible in this regard."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for advanced protection against threats for our endpoints.

What is most valuable?

What I have found to be valuable is after every new release of the solution there are more features. At the time that we bought Bitdefender GravityZone, it was their top solution. We went from their Enterprise version to Elite, Elite HD, Ultra, and now there is an Ultra Plus available.

Overall the solution is working well, it can be a little intense and thorough at times, but I would rather have it be a little bit more thorough than not detect what it is supposed to. We have been running the solution for a long time through various versions and we have not had any viruses or malware breaches.

When comparing this solution to others it performs just as well as the majority of the top-level alternatives.

What needs improvement?

The whole suite is unlike most AV consoles, which will inform you when there is an infection or threat, for some inexplicable reason Bitdefender does not do that. The most you will receive is an hourly update or possibly if there is an outbreak that affects 30% of your machines, an email. There is no real-time alerting to inform the user there was a potential attack that recently happened on their system. They could improve by having real-time reporting which is important.

I have not had used the EDR portion of the solution to do any custom scripting to allow further advanced operations on the endpoints. From what I understand from reading the comments on reviews is that it is not particularly flexible in this regard.

Sandbox Analyzer is a feature that comes as part of the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Suite. It will start automatically unless you want to manually submit something which I have rarely done. When the feature is in use I do not get a reading back from the analyzer right away, it lacks real-time functionality. For example, if I was executing an admin tool and it was blocked because the Sandbox Analyzer wants to look at it on my local machine, it might take 10 minutes before I can successfully then launch that application to use it. The time it takes to analyze the software is too long. We are busy people and we end up just turning off the detection to allow the use of the program.

I have been using the solution for approximately five years.

Bitdefender has been stable and reliable, there are a few key areas I always look for in an endpoint security platform. A few of them are, how much burden does it put on the endpoint, does it uses more than 10% of the system resources in order to function. If it does not then it is a pretty well-balanced client, it allows the systems to continue to perform at the appropriate level. If it catches a very high percentage of threats, it is doing what you bought it to do, and it does not give off a lot of false positives. However, in the EDR portion, you will receive more false positives, but outside of the EDR component with the client itself, if it has few false positives for viruses and malware detection that is good.

They have done a decent job with scalability. The way they have their policies constructed and the ability to manage them.

I think that the biggest challenge for Bitdefender is simply to move out of the SMB space and really become an enterprise platform.

I have been in contact with technical support a few times. They are not the worst or the best. They provide an average quality level of support.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra technical support a seven out of ten.

We previously used Sophos and I recall, Sophos released an update for the AV software that destroyed the AV software on every endpoint that ingested it. It was a huge debacle and it took a long time to resolve because it left the solution in a state where you could not repair it, remove it, or update it.

The installation is straightforward, simple to understand and manage.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is less expensive than other solutions, such as CrowdStrike. We had a really good deal because it was their year-end and they were trying to do a lot of sales that week. We bought a three-year contract from them and the cost was approximately $17 per endpoint, per year. It is was a very good price. I have spoken to other people who have purchased CrowdStrike at approximately $60 per endpoint, per year. I have no complaints about the price of this solution.

I put a lot of weight on third-party benchmark reviews and Bitdefender always reviews well overall on the spectrum. They review better even when compared to NSS Labs, MITRE, AV-Comparatives, and others. Bitdefender and Kaspersky both typically are the two solutions that are at the top month after month. There are the new technology solutions that are raved about often, such as SentinelOne, Cylance, and CrowdStrike, but they seldom review as well when it comes to defined tests where they test X amount of malware or types of attacks. It has been much harder to get independent confirmation of the efficacy of the new next-generation endpoint solutions than it has been to get the efficacy of the old generation products.

I am currently evaluating CrowdStrike and we considering moving to it once our Bitdefender contract is done.

What other advice do I have?

For those wanting to implement this solution, I would advise them it is worth it and to test it out.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra a nine out of ten.

Troy Ferraris
Managing Director at TEPSA (Pty) Ltd
Reseller
The best protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software

• "Great protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software."
  • "Occasionally websites are unnecessarily blocked due to monitoring software on those sites."

What is our primary use case?

We provide this solution for anyone from a single user at home wanting to protect their PC, right up to large banking institutions with thousands of users. It's all about protecting computers from malware, ransomware, viruses, and the like. We are in partnership with Bitdefender and we're distributors of the product, functioning as a managed service provider. I'm the managing director of the company.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are, of course, the protection against malware, ransomware, and any other forms of malicious software, but the solution also provides application and device control which stops people copying things onto a memory stick, for example. In addition, it provides web filtering and blocking of inappropriate websites. The product covers pretty much every aspect of cyber security, but the primary function that everybody gets it for is the antimalware or antivirus protection.

The product is solid, it's why we chose to distribute it, we're very particular about the products we distribute and only take the best, so we don't distribute Symantec or any other AV solutions. It's value for money. There are some competing antiviruses out there which are at least as powerful. Products like Sophos, but they're about three times the price. The cheaper products, such as  ESET NOD32, for instance, are more suitable for individual use. Bitdefender is a user friendly and intuitive solution but we also have a team that provides support for our customers.

What needs improvement?

The only issue an end user might have is in the case where a website has some kind of monitoring software included, where they want to track use, and it might unnecessarily block the site for the user. In that event, the user would contact us and we can 'white list' the site for them enabling them to use it.

I've been working with this solution for three years.

It's very stable, it's not going to slow your machine down, it's not going to create instabilities, like programs not working, things like that. We very rarely have issues where a customer has a problem on a PC caused by the antivirus.

The beauty of being in the cloud is that it's completely scalable, and it's completely transparent. You can install it on one machine or on 100,000 machines. We have thousands of users with a single user or two user license, but we also have large organizations with 3,500 or 11,000 users. It's completely scalable, you don't have to change a thing, you just deploy to more machines, and it takes care of everything in the back end.

We carry out all the support on behalf of the company. There are five short, simple videos that explain step by step how to deploy. If somebody wants to do everything themselves and they don't want assistance from us, we simply send them the videos, and it's quite easy. We have online documentation as well, of course.

We used to use iSheriff and Panda Antivirus but things change in the market, as the threat changes. As a distributor, if we see a product is starting to change focus and move away from an antivirus focus, like Panda did, we let them go. If we are changing products we institute a migration plan for our customers and we carry out the transition for them.

It's extremely simple to deploy. When we receive an order from a customer, we go in and provision everything. We create the packages, we set the default settings, we do everything in the background. It takes approximately 15 minutes. Then the user gets a link where they download the installation, and they run it and click 'next' about three times and the entire installation takes care of itself.

Everything is included in the licensing, unless you want to add additional solutions such as Full Disk encryption. It's an additional plugin that can be managed from the same console. We are the only company in South Africa able to provide Bitdefender on a monthly billing basis. With any other company, you'd have to buy it annually. About 50% of our customers are annual, 50% of them are monthly. It means that as your staff increases or your staff decreases, your bill will increase or decrease on a monthly basis.

What other advice do I have?

At the end of the day, it's important to choose a solid product and GravityZone's done that. Once you pass the hurdle of selecting the proper product, it's important to select the right partner who's going to be implementing, and can support you. You can buy a solution online but you get zero support. Buy locally, choose the right partner you know is going to look after you. Don't go to some computer shop in the mall, and go and buy the antivirus, because you're not going to get the support that you require. If it costs 5% more, it's worth it.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

German R.
Chief Information Security Officer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Has the ability to whitelist, blacklist, and be very granular as to what I blocked

• "The most valuable feature for me is the ability to whitelist, blacklist, and be very granular as to what I blocked, what apps I blocked, and what websites I block. I think that's probably the most valuable feature."
  • "The software itself is solid. It would be better if it was more of a real-time solution, like SentinelOne. The one thing that holds me back on the SentinelOne side is that I can blacklist websites and stuff like that, but it's not as granular as Bitdefender. With Bitdefender, I feel like I have more control over what I can whitelist and blacklist."

What is our primary use case?

The way I have it configured for most of my clients is that I go through and I do an analysis of where they need to go from basically giving them absolutely no access. I literally block everything. Then I start opening up their modules for content control. It's for opening up and giving specific users specific access that they need on the internet. I try to go with the zero access approach. That's my main approach. And that's how I usually use it. Obviously I have a couple of clients that wanted everything open and then they wanted us to go backward and to leave everything open and start closing things once in a while if they saw a problem.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The tech engineers don't complain about much. It's solid. My biggest thing is that I want to have more than one option for my clients.

The software itself is solid. It would be better if it was more of a real-time solution, like SentinelOne. The one thing that holds me back on the SentinelOne side is that I can blacklist websites and stuff like that, but it's not as granular as Bitdefender. With Bitdefender, I feel like I have more control over what I can whitelist and blacklist.

Bitdefender is not designed to work in real-time. It's a signature-based platform, it's going to work signature-based in that there are times that it has to get updates. For example, if I'm managing a hundred machines with Bitdefender and the staff is having internet issues or something, and Bitdefender does an update within a week, not all the machines are going to be up to date at the same time. I have it configured to run every day at a certain time but unfortunately, a lot of the people that use it have really bad internet and I can't run it during work hours, I have to run it after hours and they shut their computers off. The first thing Bitdefender does is it goes and looks for signatures in the morning and then it runs the updates at night and then it runs scans at night as well. Sometimes it can go three, four, five days without any update. I've had some that go up to 27. The longest I've had was 32 days and it didn't even run one scan.

I have a client in the Philippines and right now, because of COVID, they're all over the Philippines and in the provinces where they have a really bad internet connection, it's a struggle. I have to schedule with them. The internet is so bad that I have six people using phone data to work because internet companies don't even go that far out for them to have a stable internet connection.

In those cases, I'm struggling a little bit with Bitdefender. With a regular office set up, it runs like clockwork. But with this new normal that we have right now, it's been a little bit complicated. That's why I'm looking to add Cylance. I have a demo with them soon.

I have been using Bitdefender for three years.

Right now I have about 150 licenses. I use Bitdefender as my go-to. Bitdefender is the default for any new client that signs up.

I've never needed to use technical support.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. When I deployed, I deployed it through SolarWind software. It took minutes. I just uploaded the installer and I pushed it through the machines. It went through and it did the clean up of the default AVs that come when they buy the machines and it cleaned most of those up. There were a few McAfees and a couple of Nortons that we had to go in and manually use the McAfee or the Norton removal tool to get rid of those before the Bitdefender would install. But that was a very small percentage. It cleaned up most of them and it was running with no problem.

If we're in a regular office scenario, it's pretty painless.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to do it. For the most part, I've been happy. I would definitely recommend it.

I don't know if the software has the infrastructure for it, but in the next release, I would like for them to add some AI and some more predictive capabilities. It'll run more on a real-time basis instead of near real-time. I think that would work for me. I think it would be great.

I would rate Bitdefender a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Consultant
Mohamed Berawy
Technical Team Leader at ValueSYS
Reseller
Easy to install, technical support that is responsive and helpful, and offers solid security more protection.

• "It is easy to scale and it is suitable for organizations from small businesses to enterprise."
  • "I would like to see the capability for remote installation added, in particular for servers."

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor for Bitdefender in our country and GravityZone is one of the security products that we have experience with.

How has it helped my organization?

Bitdefender have improve our Cloud technology knowledge , as for the last 5 years we didn't see any progress in that field from any other vendor here in Egypt.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security( Hyper detect, Sandbox and EDR ). because I think protection is our main target .

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the capability for remote installation of third party applications added( Like installing WinRar MS Office etc..) , and Firewall for servers.

We have been working with Bitdefender for about five years.

GravityZone is a stable product and we haven't experienced any problems with it over the past five years.

It is easy to scale and it is suitable for organizations from small businesses to enterprise. It can cover a wide range of environments.

We have implemented GravityZone in environments with more than 2,000 users.

We have been in touch with technical support from time to time, although they have been minor issues related to the customer's environment. The support is good and they respond quickly.

We worked with Kaspersky for about 10 years.

I think that in Egypt, the cloud version of Bitdefender is more mature than Kaspersky and the other vendors. It also has more features. However, Kaspersky has remote installation capability for third party applications, which is something that is missing from Bitdefender.

For EDR The on-premises solutions by other vendors have larger hardware requirements than Bitdefender. also Cloud EDR from Bitdefender is 10 min. installation solution with no Hardware requirements.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy to do, especially if you are using the cloud version. The deployment will take less than 20 minutes for cloud-based installation, and less than one hour for the on-premises appliance.

Our in-house team handles the deployment and maintenance for our customers. One person is suitable for either installation or maintenance in an enterprise-level organization.

We have uploaded videos to our YouTube channel that include helpful details such as the installation steps and our recommended configuration.

As a distributor for Bitdefender , and as feedback from our clients , I think Bitdefender have and a balanced price package which cover their needs without exceeding the budget .

We cannot in precise Calculate the ROI here in Egypt .

There are different packages available that vary in terms of licensing fees. The entry license is called Business Security, which has basic endpoint features like anti-malware, firewall, and device control.

The next level is called Advanced Security, which protects email and virtualized environments. The third level is called Elite, which has more advanced security features. It is a unique engine to deal with attacks on files or memory. It also has a sandbox, which allows you to collect feedback about any application you are running.

The fourth level is called Ultra, which is an EDR solution.

Kaspersky, Sophos , Microsoft and Eset.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering or implementing this product is to visit our YouTube channel to look for helpful videos on it to see how to preform and easy and fast POC.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Other
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Country partner
ML
Manager, Information Security at Hyundai Capital America
Zero false positives with 100% reliable solution

• "With Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we don't have to worry about our endpoints or attacks. Our security has become stronger. This has been a reliable solution for our company."
  • "The graphical user interface for EDR could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is prevention, rather than just detections. The solution prevented most APT (advanced persistent threat) attacks at pre-execution stage.

How has it helped my organization?

With Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we don't have to worry about our endpoints or attacks. The endpoint security was always a concern for our company the previous solutions missed detections and prevention, The solution prevented all types of file less and scripts based attacks using its Machine learning and tunable machine learning which is additional layer on top of machine learning, behavior based detection and 30 layers of protection that Bitdefender has to offer at no additional cost.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find the most valuable the heuristic for malicious scripts and the component is called HyperDetect. This solution actually prevents file-less and script-based attacks at pre-execution where other solution such as Crowdstrike detects but not prevent. An example would be base 64 encoded Powershell script or command line .  With Bitdefender gravity zone ultra scripts are run into agent buffer before it execute to detect and block malicious script weather it is Powershell ,vbs , etc.

What needs improvement?

The EDR Graphical user interface has improved over the time and is intuitive and less noisy as compared to other solution. I would call the EDR as Next-Gen in it space. It has perfect mapping to Mitre Att&ck framework no other solution is has a rich EDR like Gravity zone ultra.

I have been using this Solution for more than 4 years

Bitdefender Gravityzone Ultra is 100% reliable.

It is highly scalable. It's cloud-based and you can deploy to thousands of machines with no issues. You can scale it as demand increases without any issues.

If you're going to scale, you will have to buy more licenses, which can take a few days.

I think there is room for improvement for technical support. Although they've been great, honestly, I do see a language barrier sometimes. I ran into a few issues with technical support. But, if you escalate your issue, you will eventually get the right person.

Before switching to Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra, we were using Trend Micro OfficeScan version XG.

The initial setup was not complicated. We were up and running within a day. It's all cloud-based and the deployment agent is easily deployed. The agent can be deployed from the console it self , using email download link , the agent can also be customize to needs , and had active directory integration.

The Bitdefender sales team is always willing to negotiate pricing and beat the deal from other vendors. They are highly competitive and eager to work with make pricing and licensing as smooth as possible.

Yes, before switching, we did evaluate several other options. We were looking for an exhibition product. So, we demoed a lot of different production cleaning solutions like VMware Carbon Black Cloud and CrowdStrike. Both were able to detect attacks but not prevent them, which was what we were looking for.

What other advice do I have?

Perfect solution , Please Test, Test and Test solution before buying, there is a lot of hype for Crowdstrike and other competitors but no one is even close to the prevention that Bitdefender gravity zone ulrta  could provide.

IS
Internal IT manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up, stable, and reasonably priced

• "The advanced direct control on offer is excellent."
  • "The only problem we have, and I don't know if maybe it's the package we bought, is that it lacks the parts of data protection and application blacklisting."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for endpoint protection. We use it for security.

What is most valuable?

There's really not any issue with it, so far.

I like the firewall part of it.

The advanced direct control on offer is excellent.

The initial setup is very easy.

The solution is stable.

The product is pretty scalable.

I've found the pricing of the product to be reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The only problem we have, and I don't know if maybe it's the package we bought, is that it lacks the parts of data protection and application blacklisting. I don't think we have that option on this package. Apart from that, we've been using it and we've been seeing the reports. We've had no issues so far. We're just missing the blacklisting and data protection features.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point. It's been a while.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable and the performance is good.

We have 35 people in our company that are using the solution currently.

The solution can scale. It scales easily. Initially, we started with 30 users and then when we had new other staff that joined. Easy to scale and add others.

I've not really had any issues, and therefore I've not really spoken with any support in regards to our system.

I've worked with Sophos previously.

We also previously used Symantec, which is the product we had before Bitdefender.

The setup is not complex. It was simple. We didn't have an issue. It was easily deployed.

That said, I cannot recall exactly how long the deployment took.

The solution doesn't require any real maintenance. Usually, whenever there are any changes or outages you get notifications for them. I also receive a notification whenever there's maybe a system that's trying to make an attempt to do something different on our network so we can activate the device and protect ourselves.

We have two administrators that can handle any tasks related to the product.

We installed it ourselves. We just bought the license. We did not need a third-party integrator or consultant to assist us.

Compared to Symantec, which we were using before we switched to Bitdefender, Bitdefender was cheaper. The pricing is reasonable. Everything is included in the price and we do not have any additional costs.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

I would recommend the product as it's easy to deploy and it's not as heavy as Symantec. We found that the product was consuming so many processes in our system. This is light, so it's easy to configure. It's easier to deal with and I'd recommend it based on that.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten.

Other
Download our free Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.