MC
Managed IT Services Provider at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
A stable and scalable solution which is robust, flexible, intuitive and provides great technical support

• "The solution is probably one of the top five, best security solutions on the market at the moment."
  • "There is a need to work on the deployment, when it comes to deploying to Windows machines with regards to downloading the size of the package."

What is our primary use case?

The solution provides security, including endpoint and network security.

What is most valuable?

The solution is scalable, stable, robust and very flexible and intuitive. It's probably one of the top five, best security solutions on the market at the moment.

What needs improvement?

When one designs for the cloud, the Windows client, no actual package is provided. This is an issue which should be addressed. The package must be downloaded and, when this is accomplished, it does an additional download. On certain older computers this can take  a long while.

This contrasts with the Mac version, which is very quick. There is a need to work on the deployment, when it comes to deploying to Windows machines with regards to downloading the size of the package.

I suppose that the deployment could be faster, although this is not really a criticism, as this involves the design. There is always a difference in Windows and Mac architecture, so I would not count this as a complaint. It would be nice if the Windows deployment could be improved, although this does not result in any major difficulties.

We have been using Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra for a year or two.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

I have contacted technical support on a couple of occasions. While it takes a bit of time to receive a response, this can only be attributed to the difference in time zones. When they do respond, I find them to be very good and helpful.

While the solution is easy to install, when one designs for the cloud, the Windows client, no actual package is provided. This must be downloaded and, when complete, an additional download is required. On certain older computers this can take a long time.

I do everything on my own. I am a managed service provider. Although there are certain people who work with me, I essentially manage the security side of things independently.

As I am on a different model, my clients pay me on a monthly basis.

The reason I gave the solution a nine out of ten is because SentinelOne is slightly better, although I do not make use of it.

SentinelOne requires less hands-on involvement than Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. One can essentially get it up and running without the need to do very much. While Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra meets 99 percent of this criteria, the remaining one percent requires a bit of manual intervention. This is not to say that the solution could be easier to use. This is not a criticism, as we are talking about different products. I have been using Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra and have no intention of leaving it.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the solution with nearly 100 endpoints.

The solution is cloud-based.

I would absolutely recommend it to others.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra as a nine out of ten.

Simon Otieno
General Manager at Kristel
Thorough detection, great flexibility, and straightforward setup

• "The most valuable features are the solution's thorough detection and ease of use."
  • "In terms of improvement of the solution, it could have better features. For example, having a firewall within. This way we would only need one solution."

What is our primary use case?

We are mainly using the solution for management because it contains a variety of different tools. For example, it has EDR and NTSA which are integrated into the solution enabling it to monitor threats on the network and the endpoint site. Additionally, we are using it because of the Patch Management encryption module tool. It essentially provides what we need in terms of our next-generation endpoint.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the solution's thorough detection and ease of use.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement of the solution, it could have better features. For example, having a firewall within. This way we would only need one solution.

In a future release, they should include mobile devices within the cloud setup.

I have used Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra for three years.

We find the solution to be stable. We have not experienced anything to be alarmed about during the time we have used it.

The solution is easy to scale. The growth of our company requires only to request for more licenses and does not require additional cost.

The solution has a local technical support office that responds within 30 minutes, which is satisfactory.

I would rate the technical support of Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra an eight out of ten.

I have used McAfee, Kaspersky, and ESET.

The initial setup of the solution was very simple and straightforward. The installation was finished within a day by our technical team.

The solution requires a technical team for deployment. The team is able to advance it up to the directory, it is very simple.

The solution does not require much maintenance because the updates happen automatically. However, there are two engineers involved in administration when there is anything requiring attention. For example, when there is a new feature that we want to enable.

The solution is not expensive but there are cheaper options in the market. In terms of competitiveness, the price is reasonable with no other additional costs besides the licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the solution because it has great flexibility and the agility of the solution over time is great.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra an eight out of ten.

Private Cloud
Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: December 2021.
555,139 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CA
Owner and business consultant at networks srl
Good performance, provides valuable insights into network threats, and it's well-priced

• "The performance is great."
  • "Using this product requires quite a bit of training, which is hard to get."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use this product for antivirus and anti-malware. It is a next-generation antivirus solution.

How has it helped my organization?

I use GravityZone Ultra for conducting threat assessments.

What is most valuable?

It provides pretty good insights into threats within the network.

The performance is great.

What needs improvement?

It's not quite so easy to use, but it's good enough and powerful.

Using this product requires quite a bit of training, which is hard to get. If it were easier to use and there were more training available then it would be helpful.

We have been using GravityZone Ultra for a few months. We installed it this past January.

We are a solution provider and implement this product for our clients, as well as use it in our own organization.

This product is quite stable in our infrastructure.

It scales well for up to 220 computers. I don't know how it works beyond this point.

In my own company, there are only two of us who use it. Within our clients' companies, there are 98 users. Depending on the economy, our usage of it will grow in the future.

We have been in contact with technical support for one only issue, and it was solved after our second interaction with them.

We used Kaspersky and applications by other vendors. However, we switched away from them because of the licensing issues. The offer that we received from Bitdefender was pretty good.

The installation and initial setup are straightforward. It took us at most 10 days, going from computer to computer.

We deployed it with an in-house team.

Price-wise, we have a better licensing agreement with Bitdefender than we did with competing vendors.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good solution and if the training were easier to get, then I would give it a perfect score. It is one of the best and well-featured solutions at the moment, and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

TA
Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to use, implement and it only requires one server

• "The Ultra is a valuable feature."
  • "While the solution is secure, it could have better integration."

What is our primary use case?

The solution provides endpoint protection and very good security, both at the end point and supplier levels. The good thing about the Romanian-based company is that it is not politically affiliated, in contrast to certain other companies and this may be a factor when it comes to the implementation of Bitdefender Gravity Zone, a solution with a global presence.

What is most valuable?

The Ultra is a valuable feature. So are the EDR components, which provide endpoint protection for the use of security operation centers, as they relate to whatever may be happening respecting the endpoints.

The solution is easy to use and implement. It only requires one server and this is in contrast with other products that require more, one for management and another for the database.

What needs improvement?

While the solution is secure, it could have better integration.

Also, the support should be faster.

We have been using Bitdefender Gravity Zone Ultra for four years.

The solution is stable. We have received good feedback from our customers. They are happy with it. For the moment, they are using a less advance model of GravityZone, of which there are several types, including that of Elite, Ultra and Business. They are now requesting the highest level, so that they may also benefit from the features offered with EDR and the Improved Anti-Ransomeware.

The speed of technical support should be addressed.

The installation is straightforward, and it is support Hypervisors at the moment (VmWare, Hyper-V and Nutanix (HCI) ).

As a supplier, if the prerequisites are ready on the customer's end, it should take no more than a day.

As a client, it would depend on the number of PCs involved.

in-house

What other advice do I have?

The solution has both cloud-based and on-premises options.

As our company is not very large, we go with the cloud-based option. But, we propose to our customers the on-premises one as per their request.

We have three customers who are using the solution at present.

A systems administrator and engineer handle the deployment and maintenance.

I would recommend this solution to others who are considering its implementation.

I rate Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra as a nine out of ten.

IL
Telecommunications and Infrastructure Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good central console, good security, and very good patch management

• "The advantage of the solution is that it has a console on the cloud and you can update the clients."
  • "The reporting is much too simple."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution is to obtain or to control all clients in only one place.

For example, with this, I can add patch management. For me, it's a good way to update the clients without, for example, a server from my company. I can manage the patch management for my clients from one simple central console.

What is most valuable?

The advantage of the solution is that it has a console on the cloud and you can update the clients. You don't need to put it on the server on your company or on-premise. You can manage the clients through the console on the cloud and you can send policies and updates and other things without the need to put a client into your own network.

Bitdefender has a EDR solution in the client. It offers protection for the exchange and can check services. It has a patch management feature, which is quite useful for us.

We're able to implement a sandbox solution, to try to detect any malware on devices. It helps keep us safe.

So far, the solution has been problem-free. We have never had to reach out to technical support to troubleshoot as it just seems to work very well.

What needs improvement?

The reporting is much too simple. It should be more in-depth and offer more details and more information. They could really build out the reporting aspect of the product overall. We need more information, for example, about traffic and logs. It would be much more helpful if we had a bit more visibility.

We've never had to reach out to technical support. That's due to the fact that we haven't run into any issues at all. It's been very easy to use without any problems that would require an intervention.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers of this solution. We offer it to our clients.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been pretty happy overall with how it has been working for us. We have no complaints.

Rajiv Warrier
Regional Head at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Issue-free and easy to use but needs better encryption capabilities

• "The installation is straightforward."
  • "They need to improve their encryption capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is an antivirus; it's our endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

This product is quite stable. I'm satisfied with the performance.

It's a scalable product.

I find the solution easy to use.

We've had no issues so far.

The installation is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

We'd like to have an encryption model within it. They need to improve their encryption capabilities.

I've been using the solution for three years. It's been a while.

The stability has been good. The performance is reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The scalability of the product is great. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so. It's not a problem.

I've never contacted technical support in the past. I can't speak to how helpful or responsive they are. It's a simple installation and it was issue-free so far and therefore I've never needed help.

I did not previously use any other solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not difficult at all to implement it.

I can handle the implementation myself. It's not hard to do. You don't need an integrator or consultant to assist.

You do need to pay for a license in order to use the product.

I pay for a yearly license.

Before choosing Bitdefender, I did not evaluate other solutions first.

What other advice do I have?

I have the solution deployed on my laptop. I use it for my own personal purposes. I am a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

I would recommend the solution to other users.

Download our free Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.