Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Overview

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is the #8 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to Kaspersky Endpoint Security: Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra vs Kaspersky Endpoint Security

What is Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra?

Bitdefender GravityZone's ENDPOINT SECURITY TOOLS intelligent security agent assesses the host machine at installation to self-configure to optimal form, and adapts its behavior according to endpoint accessibility. Security administrators allocate resources to security tasks through policies per groups of machines. They can set security tools to work on a local machine, or they can decide to rely more on Bitdefender Global Protective Network, or totally offload security to security servers.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra is also known as Bitdefender GravityZone.

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide

Download the Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Customers

Mentor Graphics, Rudersdal Kommune

Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

BM
Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Easy to use, easy installation and can be installed on other servers or workstations

What is our primary use case?

We have been reselling Bitdefender for over twelve years now. Our primary use case for this solution is for a microfinance bank. They wanted a solution that can deliver security in the cloud. In fact, there was no other antivirus partner or manufacturer that has enterprise security that is hosted in the cloud. When they came to us, we told them that we have a solution that can do that, which is Bitdefender GravityZone. We told them exactly what it does: * You don't need to buy a separate server to deploy it, which is major savings for the bank. * It is hosted in the cloud. Because it is hosted… more »

• "We have clients who are also migrating from other anti-virus solutions to GravityZone because of the ease of use, ease of installation and the fact that it can be deployed in the cloud and the same software; you can actually install on other server or workstation. It automatically knows what it's protecting."
  • "The pricing should be improved. The user interface has been improved on a yearly basis. The key issue is that they need to look at their pricing."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to somebody considering this solution would be to one, make sure that you get the exact model of the product you're looking for based on your environment. Two, you must ensure that you meet the minimum requirements because for Bitdefender if you don't meet the minimum requirements, it will not install. It will not install and if it does not install you will never know where the problem is coming from. I would rate Bitdefender a ten out of ten.
AH
Datacenter Engineer at a university with 501-1,000 employees
They are constantly updating what is already a good antivirus and malware solution

What is our primary use case?

We implemented it as an antivirus solution in our enterprise two months ago. It monitors and defends our endpoints against viruses and malware.

• "They are constantly updating the solution against malware."
  • "I would like to see a remote desktop for installed endpoints so administrators can see what is on a user's screen or what a user is doing."

What other advice do I have?

Don't spend too much time searching. You'll find it easy to deploy this solution. Just download and try the trial version. In terms of maintaining the solution, it requires two people, a network administrator and a backup network administrator. At the moment we don't have any plans to increase usage, but in the future we will have more endpoints.
Learn what your peers think about Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mihail Andries
CISO at BRD-Groupe Societe Generale SA
Near real-time signature updates and workstation analysis are key features for us

What is our primary use case?

POC on an sample of workstations on various profiles

• "One of the most valuable features is the signature updating in near real-time."
  • "What's happening now in this field is artificial intelligence, the behavior part. That is now the trend in many products, including Bitdefender, and this is where the product needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

Take this solution into consideration. Evaluate it, analyze it, do a PoC, and then make a decision. Having this solution in your portfolio, or at least having analyzed it, is important. We tested the antivirus part of the solution and the EDR, Endpoint Detection and Response. We have not yet tested social-for-clients, but we are interested in adopting this software. It should help with confidence, for ideal trust, which would be a good step forward in the market for protection of clients' terminal workstations. I would rate the product at eight out ten. It is on the right track. It still needs…
BW
Senior Network Manager at Denis Enterprises
Reseller
It is very scalable; the sky is the limit

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for endpoint security.

• "The product is stable. It has a small footprint, but it does a lot of heavy lifting."
  • "The one thing that we are missing and want to see is user analytics. So, that is what I'm really interested in: behavior analytics and end user behavior."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Overall, it is lightweight. It does a lot of heavy lifting in a short, small package, which is what I like about it. It doesn't bring down the end user, like some of these endpoint security products, which really suck up resources from the end user. BitDefender doesn't, so that's important to me.
it_user678075
Information Security Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
A highly stable anti-malware product

What is our primary use case?

We are using this for anti-malware and we have good features to protect us against viruses and malware.

• "It is a good anti-malware product that is highly stable."
  • "In the future, maybe this will need to morph into AI threat intelligence."
Junior Network Engineer at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Facilitates per-project policies and restrictions, making it a flexible tool

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product 9 out of 10 because it is very user friendly. I haven't used any other antivirus software management so I cannot compare it to other products. I highly recommend this product to other consumers, it has great monitoring and scheduled emails for generated reports. There is also monitoring of the viruses on the admin's Web Console.
it_user772518
Network Administrator
Easy management of the endpoint protection. Very simple to use, understand, and apply its policies

What other advice do I have?

Looking from an IT perspective, it is the best in industry endpoint protection software, if we are talking about Windows/Linux/mobile (Android).
Head of IT Department at a transportation company with 201-500 employees
It easily tracks all security events in the organization and does not affect the performance of the local computer

What other advice do I have?

I recommend implementing Bitdefender GravityZone on-premise. All the best.
Download our free Bitdefender GravityZone Ultra Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.