Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection?

Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection (HVI) is the first security solution that is able to uncover memory violations that endpoint security tools sometimes miss by directly analyzing raw memory lines - thereby ensuring they are not being altered by malware.

Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection was previously known as HVI.

Download the Anti-Malware Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection Customers

Kansas Development Finance Authority (KDFA), Quilvest

Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection Video

Archived Bitdefender Hypervisor Introspection Reviews (more than two years old)

Muhammad-Imran
Deputy I.T. Manager at a non-tech company with 51-200 employees
Stable but bad technical support, and an out of date database

• "The endpoint protection is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "The database needs improvement. It needs to be updated quite a bit."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect our business.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution protects us so that we have regular security from attacks. It prevents disasters from happening on our system.

What is most valuable?

The endpoint protection is the solution's most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

The database needs improvement. It needs to be updated quite a bit.

Technical support needs a lot of improvement.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The stability of the solution is good. We've never had any issues.

We have 2000 users on the solution currently, but we do not plan to increase usage. We're in the process now of switching to a different solution, so we don't plan on testing the scalability of it.

We did not have good experiences with technical support. They never replied or responded to our queries over the three years we've used it.

The initial setup was quite complex. Deployment took more than three weeks.

We hired an engineer to assist us with the implementation.

I believe we bought the solution on a three-year license. There are no additional costs above the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution five out of ten.

Michael Ndwiga
IT Officer at Kim-Fay EA Ltd
An excellent endpoint protection that's scalable and reasonably priced

• "The solution has exchange protection. It has a content control, device control, a firewall, and anti-malware as well. They are all quite valuable features for us."
  • "There needs to be better integration with the environment. Especially, for the active directory and also for keeping up with the changes from Microsoft. We use a lot of Microsoft OS. I have noted that sometimes they lag behind Microsoft updates. For example, when with Windows 10. I had some issues with deploying to Windows 10 because the solution was behind in updating their own services to match the Microsoft release."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution offers a ransomware vaccine which has been very beneficial to our organization.

We had some attacks, but with Bitdefender in place, it prevented all of the ransomware attacks, which protected our company.

What is most valuable?

The solution has exchange protection. It has a content control, device control, a firewall, and anti-malware as well. They are all quite valuable features for us.

What needs improvement?

The initial setup could use improvement. Basically, it has two main configurations, but it took more than six months to finish the setup. This is a long time, especially for on-premises. For the cloud version, we didn't have as much to do compared to the on-premises setup. If some of the configurations could be built-in, then the client might be able to do the setup according to their own environment.

Overall, the whole solution needs to be more user-friendly.

Encryption is an add-on license. They should just make it part of the solution.

There needs to be better integration with the environment. Especially, for the active directory and also for keeping up with the changes from Microsoft. We use a lot of Microsoft OS. I have noted that sometimes they lag behind Microsoft updates. For example, when with Windows 10. I had some issues with deploying to Windows 10 because the solution was behind in updating their own services to match the Microsoft release.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The cloud version of the solution is quite stable. The on-premises version might break down occasionally, especially when they do a new rollout of updates and upgrades. Chances of a breakdown are high, so before any update, you have to backup your appliance.

The scalability is quite good. Every new upgrade comes with new features, so it's quite a versatile solution.

Currently, I have 80 users for on-premises, and 20 users on the cloud. Whenever we have a renewal on the licenses we keep on adding more users. Right now our numbers are increasing.

Technical support is quite good. They have a local office. You can also get online support from their site. The last issue we had was a breakdown after an upgrade. They actually sent a technician to us from the local office to work on-site.

Previously, we were using Kaspersky.

We were having issues with Kaspersky. The solution wasn't user-friendly and wasn't that versatile. Four years ago, when we decided to switch, they had not advanced compared to Bitdefender, so we changed solutions.

The initial setup was straightforward because the on-premises model has a virtual server. It takes 20 minutes or less to bring it up. However, the configuration including the setting of policies, whitelisting, blacklisting, etc., that takes a lot of time.

You only need one staff member for maintenance.

We did have assistance with the initial setup.

The solution is quite affordable compared to other solutions.

There's a yearly cost for licensing. For us, that comes to $1,400. There are no additional costs beyond the license itself.

We did evaluate other options. I did some trials with solutions like Panda. I also checked some reviews online. I did a couple of tests and in the end decided Bitdefender was the right choice.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the cloud and on-premises deployment solutions. The cloud model is a cloud from their own server.

In terms of advice I have for others, I'd say for on-premises deployment models, the user needs to have a good server, especially for newly upgraded size increases. If a new user doesn't have too many resources on-premises they can also go with the cloud version which is quite simple and user-friendly.

I would rate the solution 9.5 out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Bitdefender, CrowdStrike, Microsoft and others in Anti-Malware Tools. Updated: November 2021.
554,586 professionals have used our research since 2012.
NS
IT Security at a media company with 51-200 employees
Good anti-virus endpoint detection and response and the programs communicate nicely within the cloud

• "I like the simplicity of this solution and the fact that it saves us time. The deployment was really straightforward and useful and I am impressed by the anti-virus endpoint detection and response offered by this solution."
  • "There are blurred lines between anti-virus and endpoint detection so I would say it can be confusing when you are considering buying this program. I would like to see that being explained better to the customer."

What is most valuable?

I like the simplicity of this solution and the fact that it saves us time. The deployment was really straightforward and useful and I am impressed by the anti-virus endpoint detection and response offered by this solution. As opposed to other anti-virus programs, which basically only checks for viruses, this program looks at every process that's running on your computer to see if anyone is running any dodgy commands. It is, therefore, more an endpoint detection solution than an anti-virus solution. It is also known as a next-generation anti-virus or NGAV.

I am also impressed by the way the program communicates within the cloud and the ease of deployment.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an improvement in the way the program offers modules. It is not always clear what's included in the licensing, and many anti-virus programs now do what they call end-user behavior analytics. But it is not very clear how that works.

It is a very stable program and we haven't experienced any issues since we started using it.

I don't think scalability really comes into play because it is an anti-virus solution, so one expects it to be on all the endpoint.

The initial setup was straightforward because we actually have a system that automatically deploys. So that works really well.

We did evaluate other solutions but this one came out on top for what we want to use it for.

What other advice do I have?

I will definitely recommended this program to others, because you can run it in a segregated environment to have a proper test plan. You can also run it from the perspective that you've already been compromised, like how good its alerting capabilities are and how good it responds to events. I rate this an eight out of ten.