Bizagi OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bizagi is #2 ranked solution in top No-Code Development Platforms, #5 ranked solution in BPM Software, #5 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools, #5 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software, and #6 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools. IT Central Station users give Bizagi an average rating of 8 out of 10. Bizagi is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform: Bizagi vs Camunda Platform.Bizagi is popular among Large Enterprise, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on IT Central Station. The top industry researching this solution is Comms Service Provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is Bizagi?

Bizagi is a global leader in digital process automation software. The Digital Business Platform from Bizagi delivers rapid process automation across the enterprise. The platform wraps around existing IT systems, giving organizations the immediate business agility and process orchestration required to compete in the digital economy. We help ignite the digital transformation programs of more than 500 enterprise customers across 50 countries across the globe, assisted by an international network of partners and a global community of over 500,000 process pioneers.

Bizagi has successfully delivered some of the most demanding process automation and digital transformation projects in the world, working with global brands like GE, adidas, Mars and Audi, among many others. Bizagi offers an incredibly robust and proven solution, capable of integrating seamlessly with existing enterprise assets and systems, including SAP and SharePoint.

Bizagi Buyer's Guide

Download the Bizagi Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Bizagi Customers

adidas Group, GE Capital, Mars, Audi, Santander, Telefonica, BNP Paribas, Air France & many more - 500+ customer globally.

Bizagi Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bizagi pricing:
  • "I used to be very pleased with the pricing. Now, it's a bit more complicated. I don't remember exactly, however, it might be $10 a month per user."
  • "It is only necessary to pay for licenses when ready to deploy applications to production."
  • "We didn't use the licensed versions where you could exactly go into automatization. However, we looked at the pricing in the beginning, and the only thing that I remember is that it was too expensive for the things we were using because our clients would also have to license the product. One client said that it was too expensive for the benefit they get out of it."

Bizagi Reviews

Per Beremark
Process Methodology Specialist at a retailer with 10,001+ employees
Great user interface, offers a free version, and has pretty good technical support

• "The solution offers a free version of their product."
  • "When you start working with information modeling, et cetera, here is no really good solution for the data modeling and information modeling."

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a free version of their product.

The solution offers the best user interface and the easiest way of working for the many co-workers that are drawing and developing and documenting their processes. It's amazingly good at that.

What needs improvement?

The next step for the solution is when it comes to starting to do a little bit more deep modeling. When you start working with information modeling, et cetera, here is no really good solution for the data modeling and information modeling. You have the BPM and data albeit in data storage that they support very well. However, it's not quite enough. You can write in your information that there, but you don't have a direct connection or the easy connection to an easy to use modeling tool or modeling set up.

We've been using the solution since 2012. To be honest, we were actually using it when the company was quite young, however, the real extensive use has been over the last, I would say, four or five years.

We have had some problems with bugs. If you are converting and exporting into SharePoint and you have long path names, there's a limitation in part on the length of path names on SharePoint. We had problems with that. We got the new version just a couple of weeks ago and that solved the problem. Right now we don't have any issues with stability.

The reply from Bizagi was understanding. They did not really see the problem right away, however, we figured out it was a mix between the versions of SharePoint and the version of Bizagi that we had.

We haven't really had any issues with scaling. It's absolutely doable.

While our enterprise version has maybe 20 users, on the free version, we have somewhere between 250-300 people.

I have dealt with technical support in the past, however, not in these last few years. Initially, I was the one who had contact directly with technical support. However, now it's the product owner and the engineer. I can't really comment on how they are anymore. I know we have contact with them and we had contact with them with problems from time to time and I've never heard of any issues with their level of service. When we had issues with the long path names in SharePoint, the technical support team was very helpful and solved the issue.

The initial setup was very easy. If you use only the client, it's very easy. We have a license agreement with Bizagi and our organization. So we have created our own internal modules so that we order the Bizagi model or from our IT support. And they push it out to our laptops, and to our computers.

It's the same thing with the updates. We push that out all the time. From a user perspective, it's a very nice and easy setup. I know that there were some problems with the connection and with setting up the sign-on in the right way, however, it works. I can't tell you whether the problem was because of our setup and our configuration of our side or what it was, however, it took a week or two before it was completely resolved. Now it's no longer an issue.

We only need one person to handle the maintenance. We have a set up for our internal tools with a product that the product owner owns several tools and he has engineers working with those tools. I know that we have one specialist in Bizagi, and they handle any maintenance issues on our behalf. That said, he's not working full-time with Bizagi either. It's probably 25-30% of his allotted time.

The solution does have a free version, which we use. However, we also use the enterprise version as well, which is under different licensing.

They should look a little bit at their license set up. There should be something in between the free version and the enterprise version, which has everything. The enterprise is very expensive, not very, but it is expensive. In many cases, you need a few of the functionalities in the enterprise, but not the sole enterprise model.

They could actually gain a lot more licensed users if they had some of the functionalities of the enterprise version in the free version and created a mid-range option that sat in between both.

For example, in order to publish on HTML, you need to have the enterprise model or publish it in SharePoint, so that you can have the connection to SharePoint. That is something where having a mid-license would benefit both themselves as a company, and the clients who don't want a full-enterprise solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers of Bizagi. We don't have a business relationship with them.

We are using both the free and enterprise versions of the solution.

We using the free version to work with modeling and draping our basic business processes. We're also continuing into the enterprise version, to simulate and to build documentation on HTML, SharePoint, et cetera. Then, in a few cases, we're also working with the automation. I'm not doing that myself. I'm the part that is on the front-end of the journey for the processes. So we using it for our poses landscape basically, initially.

We continue using the BPM and notation. That's what we're after.

I would recommend the solution to other organizations. However, they should decide a little bit on what their use case and needs might be before jumping into the solution to ensure it meets their needs.

Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

There are improvements to be done. The licensing structure has them missing out on quite a lot of satisfied users by forcing them to choose between a high-cost license or a free model that doesn't offer the few features they need.

MA
Health Management Analyst at a educational organization with 5,001-10,000 employees
User friendly and simple to use solution

• "Bizagi is simple. It's simple to learn."
  • "For the small business, this is very bad because it is still fragmented. The licensing policy should be more flexible and small company oriented. In micro-small companies, there should only be one or two. That's not the problem. Maybe it is too flexible, there are so many pieces that you need to put together. When you have a small business, it can be a little complicated, not so easy."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Bizagi is about full automation. It's about the discovering process, modeling business processes, and training the people. It's at a very low stage of maturity. It's very early, it's in the beginning of this.

In our business space we are just researching, so everything is local.

What is most valuable?

To start with, the feature for training people is very interesting. Even if they had Bizagi in the office, you still have some tools that are just in the cloud, so you don't need to install things like IDOR, which is a series of tools for process utilization, what they call IU and IO. So, the feature for knowledge, discovery process, and drawing frameworks is very easy. It's the easiest at this moment. Even before we moved to process automation.

What needs improvement?

They have three or four tools for the entire SQL. They have mobility and process aging. This is good. But for the small business, this is very bad because it is still fragmented. The licensing policy should be more flexible and small company oriented. In micro-small companies, there should only be one or two. That's not the problem. Maybe it is too flexible, there are so many pieces that you need to put together.

When you have a small business, it can be a little complicated, not so easy.

I would like to see an intelligent architect included in the next release of Bizagi. There is a working process with intelligent process management right now, but that doesn't mean artificial intelligence.

I have been using Bizagi for five years.

So far its stability is good. It's not presenting a challenge. At the moment we are doing little experiments and so far it's not a problem.

Bizagi's scalability is good, but there are questions about how they will price it based on number of users. You don't know what it will cost with the number of users. It varies.

Their technical support is good. They have a lot of knowledge in whatever language. We are in Brazil and they have a machine that reads Portuguese. So that is a good thing.

I previously used the Bonitasoft tool, which is a business cross-management tool. Bonita is harder, but you can demand more from its technicians people.

We are now in the process of researching about other tools and changing to new tools. We are looking for a rather simple solution for end users with the same value chain for automation process management. We are evaluating WSO2.

Bizagi is simple. It's simple to learn. Bonita is more complex. Bonita is a tool of architecture. Bizagi is also an architecture tool and it is a business cross-management tool. They are a business cross-management system.

Bonita as a tool has an ecosystem within a better-end tool and other tools, so it's harder. It's harder than Bizagi and it's simpler than WSO2.

The complexity of the initial set up depends on the competencies of the people.

We do development in the healthcare industry, so there is a complexity with the decisions of who sees it first. There are a lot of holes in competencies.

At this stage it is just us implementing. In the next phase, we must do a selection for a contract for a specialist in each tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend people to test other tools. You need to compare these tools to Bizagi.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Bizagi an eight because it's simple. It's simple to implement. It's not perfect because of the cost aspect.

Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
543,424 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PascalCOFFRE
Senior Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and has an updated design but needs better reporting functionality

• "The initial setup is super simple."
  • "I'm not really satisfied with the reporting aspect."

What is our primary use case?

Right now, I am just using the modular version of the product.

What is most valuable?

The export feature is very valuable to us. The export is nice due to the fact that there's a different way to find different formats. It's easy to modularize, with some flow. It's quite convenient. I didn't really use a simulator. I'm interested in it, however, I haven't used it yet.

In terms of navigation, when you're exporting HTML, it's good. It means you can go inside within the subprocess to get the view.

The initial setup is super simple.

What I like about Bizagi is you just add data. You say this user is using this in the flow chart, and then you add some forms. This is what I like about it.

There's a new design and it's more modern. They've even updated the logo. It's beginning to look much better.

What needs improvement?

I'm not really satisfied with the reporting aspect. It's not really nice. It's a bunch of data that isn't really organized for reporting. The design just isn't that great. The report should be concise and nicer looking - something you'd be proud to show to third parties.

I would be happy if I could use the studio and engine side. It has been redesigned. However, if I could use it for two to three months of intensive work, I'd have better relevant feedback.

I'd also like the capability to double click on the sub-process to access the corresponding tab directly instead of clicking on the right button. There needs to be a shortcut. Maybe there need to be more properties on each activity and each task.

I've been using the solution for five to six years.

I previously used Visio as well. Currently, in our company, we have a Peoplesoft and Pega system, however, I'm looking to implement Bizagi within the client environment. The Pega system is a bit too big for me. I'd like something that is easy to use.

The initial setup is super easy. It's user-friendly to me. That's why I like Bizagi. The design itself is nice as well.

I used to be very pleased with the pricing. Now, it's a bit more complicated. I don't remember exactly, however, it might be $10 a month per user. I don't really remember.

Previously it was super easy to at least use a modular version. I'm not yet using the professional version.

I prefer to have a free solution to start with.

Bizagi is a great BPM tool, however, I am also interested in looking at Signavio, as there's a GMN inside with decision-making notation. I'm curious about KiSSFLOW as well and KiSSFLOW is really modern. I've never had a chance to use them, however.

What other advice do I have?

I was thinking to get a certification from Bizagi. I actually passed the first level, and have not yet done the ones where you purchase the professional site. I'm not using the professional version. Someone else from my company is studying the other levels on the professional version right now.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten, as I have yet to try Studio and the Engine.

I'm not a reseller. I'm just a consultant. I'm using some tools. I'm trying lots of tools and out of everything, Bizagi is my favorite right now. However, if there was no more free plan I might have to look for another option.

We'd be curious to learn how to become partners with Bizagi as we do have clients who want to use it as well.

Neil Simpson
Founder/Principal at InnoVelocity
Integrator
We moved our clients from Intalio BPMS to Bizagi

• "With the appropriate governance framework, properly trained business analysts can be empowered to design and build business solutions themselves."
  • "For very large projects and deployments, the automated "One Click" deployment wizard can sometimes take a long time to complete."

What is our primary use case?

InnoVelocity is a leading independent specialist with Bizagi, with 11 expert consultants throughout the US having successfully delivered projects for 20+ customers over 5 years. InnoVelocity offers consulting packages ranging from short "kick start" and training engagements to long-term enterprise business transformation partnerships, and a full suite of services including Modeling/Analysis/Audit, RPA Implementation, BI/Analytics Implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

We work with clients in a variety of domains that are highly regulated or have strict compliance requirements - such as Healthcare, Financial Services, Government, Oil and Gas and Manufacturing. In common with all of these, the ease of use and agility of the product has allowed for rapid response to regulatory changes, and the visibility/data/reporting and built in history tracking ensures appropriate documentation to demonstrate compliance.

What is most valuable?

Bizagi offers great ease of use - building working solutions and making continuous improvements is very quick/agile and does not require a large technical team "behind the curtain" to assist with completing the application, resolving compilation and deployment issues, etc. With the appropriate governance framework, properly trained business analysts can be empowered to design and build business solutions themselves.

What needs improvement?

Bizagi has been aggressively adding features to maintain its market leading position, however in some cases this has impacted stability of certain product builds. Bizagi has been recently slowing down the pace of these changes and investing more in QA and support to address this concern, and we have seen some improvement in this area.

Since 2015

Stability has been improving of late with the aggressive investments Bizagi is making in support and QA.

InnoVelocity has experience with enterprise-wide implementations of Bizagi and have noted that the solution scales appropriately, so long as sufficient server resources are allocated and the correct configuration is applied. Bizagi supports clustering and load balanced configurations out of the box, and provides a handy calculator tool to help size environments.

The US Customer Success team is top notch and ensures that needs are proactively addressed.

A support team is available with different levels of SLA/response through a ticketing system.

We used Intalio BPMS with a number of our key customers in the past, but the company had dissolved and sold its assets. As a trusted partner to our customers, we helped them evaluate different alternatives, and Bizagi was universally selected because of its ease of use.

InnoVelocity is a specialist implementation partner for Bizagi, and we are often utilized to help clients in the US market stand up the product and their development teams. Although the product is very easy to start using right away, it is highly advisable to ensure that in-house teams start their program with the most appropriate structures and best practices in place. Bizagi has been emphasizing their own professional services of late and is growing this team.

The value proposition of the product compared to its competitors is strong. Recent changes in the pricing model for On-Prem installs have eliminated perpetual pricing with maintenance to match the usage-based pricing model for Cloud. This pricing is a better value for larger organizations with many users, and this mirrors Bizagi's recent moves to focus on larger accounts. Smaller companies looking for a lower cost perpetual license may be advised to explore other options.

When moving our key clients from Intalio BPMS to Bizagi, we assisted them in evaluating a number of other platforms against their requirements.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: InnoVelocity is currently the leading US implementation partner for Bizagi, with 12 expert consultants throughout the US, InnoVelocity partners closely with customers to help them launch successful Digital Transformation programs - offering consulting packages ranging from short "kick start" and training engagements to long-term enterprise business transformation partnerships.
Frank Dylla
Senior Berater at encoway
Good documentation capabilities and good balance between the effort and the result, but has performance issues with large processes and requires quite a bit of an effort to change things

• "The documentation capabilities are very good. Very structured documents and process versions are valuable features, and being able to communicate that to our customers is also a very good feature. It has a good balance between the effort and the result. So, you don't need to be too detailed. You can document while you are modeling, which is a very good feature."
  • "Its performance needs to be improved. The main thing is that it is limited, especially in terms of the response times. When the processes become a bit large, it is very awkward to work with the Bizagi modeler. When you have already modeled but start to rearrange, it is quite a bit of an effort to change the stuff. When you rearrange lanes or have new structures, it goes rather squiggly up and down and so on, which could be improved. The visual outputs of the DIREPs of the process models are pixelated and have a bad image quality. It is a PNG or JPEG, and you cannot export it as a PDF. When you have rather large processes, you should be able to arrange them hierarchically. Currently, it is not supported. If you use sub-processes and inflate a process, suddenly the arrangement is totally different, and although you know the process, you have to look where is it now. You need a good understanding of the levels of your processes before you start in Bizagi. It can have automatic support for optimal presentation. In BPM, you should have it from the top left to the bottom right. However, in most cases, people don't know how they should arrange it. Therefore, it would be nice to have a suggestion system for different arrangements to be able to better present the process."

What is our primary use case?

We used it for the modeling part and some testing functionalities. We didn't use the licensed versions where you could go into automatization. So, we're more or less on the modeling level. We have used different versions of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The documentation capabilities are very good. Very structured documents and process versions are valuable features, and being able to communicate that to our customers is also a very good feature.

It has a good balance between the effort and the result. So, you don't need to be too detailed. You can document while you are modeling, which is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

It can have automatic support for optimal presentation. In BPM, you should have it from the top left to the bottom right. However, in most cases, people don't know how they should arrange it. Therefore, it would be nice to have a suggestion system for different arrangements to be able to better present the process.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We are part of a larger company, and they meanwhile decided on FireStart, but they definitely want to go into the automatization of modeling and optimization. I wasn't involved in the pricing stuff, and I haven't worked too much on an operational level here, but all things I experienced with that product are very nice. The documentation and modeling are a little more complex, but the features are far richer than Bizagi. It is also direct, so you also have to pay for the modeler. I found it superior to Bizagi.

We didn't use the licensed versions where you could exactly go into automatization. However, we looked at the pricing in the beginning, and the only thing that I remember is that it was too expensive for the things we were using because our clients would also have to license the product. One client said that it was too expensive for the benefit they get out of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to not make the processes too large because of the performance issues. If you have small processes, it is perfect. Before you start in Bizagi, you need a good understanding of the levels of your processes because when you have already modeled and start to rearrange, it is quite a bit of an effort to change the stuff. So, take some more time initially in organizing the processes.

I would rate Bizagi a seven out of ten.

Marcos Vinicius Branquinho Xavier
Analysis and Monitoring Manager at a government with 51-200 employees
Free to use and stable with very straightforward usability

• "The user interface is pretty good."
  • "The product used to have a simulation feature, which I had used quite often. However, it's since been discontinued. It might have originally been a paid feature. It would be nice if they could bring it back and offer it for free."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily used the solution to map the whole process of the organization. Over the last year, I used it a lot - about four hours each month.

What is most valuable?

The mapping features are the solution's most valuable aspect.

The solution offers great usability.

The user interface is pretty good.

It's a stable product that's simple to use.

We like that it's free to use and doesn't cost us anything.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for about four years.

The solution is quite stable. There aren't any problems with bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze. It works well.

I've never tried to scale the solution, so it's hard to gauge how well it would perform. For now, for how we use it, it's fine. We don't plan on increasing usage yet.

Currently, 12 to 13 people use it within our organization.

I've never used technical support, so I can't speak to their level of knowledge or their responsiveness.

The community support or documentation is fine, however. The site is quite rich, and we can find answers to a lot of problems using the documentation itself. There are lots of videos and articles. It's easy to find what we need. We don't need to call anyone.

We didn't previously use a different solution. This was the first option we chose.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. The explanations for using the tool are pretty good. Initially, I had an older version. I published with the HTML format and published them on the internet.

I'm not sure how many staff members you need for deployment and maintenance.

We're using the free version of the solution. We don't have to pay any licensing fees. We like dealing with open-source, as our company doesn't have too much of a budget. There aren't any additional costs for how we use it.

We didn't evaluate other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have a business relationship with Bizagi.

I would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in mapping and doesn't have too much of a budget. It offers enough features to work well for most use cases.

Overall I'd rate it nine out of ten. We've had a good experience using it.

MC
Consultant at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
User friendly with quality options; very quick and easy to install

• "Very user friendly and a professional solution."
  • "Difficult to export in formats other than PDF."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this product is to draw processes. I don't deal with any of the automatization or other features. I'm a customer of Bizagi and I work at a consulting company in Spain.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user friendly and the icons and options are high quality. I always use it as a modeler, not as a BPM.

What needs improvement?

The solution has issues when it comes to exporting in formats other than PDF, which is what I used to do. It's difficult sometimes to connect with a solution like Visio. For example, if I try to import, it's difficult because they don't keep the same pattern and process. The tools have been moved so I never connect Visio and Bizagi. The formats should be simplified, in my opinion. I'd like to be able to develop collaborative work but it's difficult to see how I could do this with Bizagi. Exporting is quite difficult and it's also impossible to attach documents. The design doesn't support this and it would be helpful if they could add this feature.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

I haven't had any problems, this is a stable solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward, it took me maybe four or five minutes. The product doesn't require maintenance. They update every new version as it appears. Sometimes there is an issue because the program comes out in English first, and it can take two or three weeks before the Spanish version comes out. I generally wait two or three weeks until they bring out the Spanish version and that's when I download it.

I'm using the free version so there are no licensing costs.

Visio is also currently used in the company. It's now integrated with Office 365 and this is an advantage that Bizagi lacks. I think Visio is probably easier to use because they have more libraries of icons and things like that. Bizagi focuses on BPM while Visio can be used for a lot of things because it has a lot of libraries and different topics, more functionalities than Bizagi.

One thing Bizagi could implement would be the option for collaborative work because it's difficult to work with another person the way things are now. In my view, the collaborative factor is underdeveloped in Bizagi. Visio is used by most people in the company, I'm the only one using Bizagi. I used to use it on a daily basis but only occasionally now.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's easy to use and very quick to install.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Linda NamayanjaPMP,CBPA,ITIL
Supervisor Business Analysis-Process Management at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent simulation capabilities with an easy setup and quick deployment

• "The solution's simulation capabilities are the most valuable aspects."
  • "There could be more documentation."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for modeling.

What is most valuable?

The solution's simulation capabilities are the most valuable aspects.

What needs improvement?

I've not really found any features that are lacking. I've never tried other solutions, so I can't compare it to anything. So far, it's meeting my expectations.

There could be more documentation.

It would be useful if the solution also offered enterprise architecture and risk management capabilities.

I want to be able to use the whole Bizagi suite. I'm sure it's quite advanced and capable of doing more.

I've been using the solution for about two years now.

The solution is very stable. We haven't found any bugs or glitches. The solution doesn't crash. It's quite reliable.

We've never been in touch with technical support, so I don't have any experience with them at all.

I've not tried out other solutions at the company itself. This is the only solution I've used so far in this organization.

I have personally tried using Signavio, CPN Tools, and Visio.

The initial setup was very straightforward. It was not complex.

Deployment was very quick. Within five minutes it was done.

I handled the installation myself.

We aren't really paying anything for the solution currently. I acquired this tool when I was using it at school during my Master's class. It was given to us as a package from the school, so I brought it to work to use.

Due to my previous experience with a few other tools, I knew they would not meet our needs, so I didn't evaluate them per se. Instead, we decided to try Bizagi.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using, but I don't believe it is the most recent version. I believe it is version 2.7.02.

We have ten users on the solution that strictly use it for modeling purposes.

I'd advise other companies to understand what they want first and what the tool should do for them. That way, when they look at different options, they'll have a list of features to seek out. It will help them discover which product will work best for them. No one should rush out to buy any product.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Download our free Bizagi Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.