AV
Graduate Trainee at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
A low-code business process modeling and automation platform with a powerful business process management engine

• "I like the business process management engine. It's very detailed, and you can probably map any of the corporate workflow processes you come across in it compared to some of the other solutions out there. I can probably say that it has very good support to work in tandem with other RP solutions in the market. The software is still very user-friendly and integral, and they have pretty good online resources. The automation feature is pretty good, so is the integration feature."
  • "Cloud support for their process mapping tool could be better. To map all your processes in any way and call your data, you need to download their on-premise setup or their desktop setup. Cloud support for process mapping is limited, and they should work on that."

What is our primary use case?

Bizagi is a very powerful business process management engine. I think it's one of the better solutions out there. You can take very niche processes and map them completely using the Bizagi engine. Bizagi is predominantly a BPM engine.

What is most valuable?

I like the business process management engine. It's very detailed, and you can probably map any of the corporate workflow processes you come across in it compared to some of the other solutions out there. I can probably say that it has very good support to work in tandem with other RP solutions in the market.

The software is still very user-friendly and integral, and they have pretty good online resources. The automation feature is pretty good, so is the integration feature.

What needs improvement?

Cloud support for their process mapping tool could be better. To map all your processes in any way and call your data, you need to download their on-premise setup or their desktop setup. Cloud support for process mapping is limited, and they should work on that.

I have been using Bizagi for about two weeks.

I'm not sure I can comment on stability just yet, but I did have an okay experience. I didn't have any issues.

It's definitely a scalable solution.

I did install Bizagi in my system, and that's how I tested it out. The file itself was around one and a half GB, and that's more than what you typically use for the cloud and cloud stations. It probably took me about half an hour to install and deploy this solution.

Some solutions are completely free. One would be the business process diagramming tool, the server beneath it, and the automation tool. You don't need to pay to map the business process, but you would need to when you want to execute any of the commands. So, basically, they lure you in with a free ride, and when you want to scale the solution, you'll have to pay for it.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to new users depending on the use case. If you want it to manage processes that involve a lot of stakeholders, a lot of departments, and a lot of fragmented pieces of data, then I would definitely recommend Bizagi.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Bizagi a nine.

Pedro GentilSoares
Consultor Sênior em Gestão de Processos, Negócios e Serviços at Trust Business Consulting
Improves governance-related processes and provides full support for BPMN 2.0

• "I like that Bizagi is fully compatible with BPMN 2.0. It also eases the way in which we work with BPMN 2.0 itself, which is a comprehensive and rather complex notation standard."
  • "I would like to see a facility for building a simple CRUD application. In Bizagi, you can use database modeling, diagrams, forms, etc., but in some circumstances I need CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) functionalities which are not there yet."

What is our primary use case?

Some of our main use cases are in project risk planning and tender cost management.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization's adoption of Bizagi has greatly improved governance, especially where the role of academic secretariat is involved.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Bizagi for the past five years.

It is very stable and we have not had any problems.

We did not find any problems with scaling Bizagi.

Technical support is quite satisfactory. They are very quick to resolve issues and to help new businesses get oriented with the transition to their BPM tools.

Early on, we used Excel spreadsheets for managing business processes. Then we looked into other BPM tools like IBM BPM, Oracle BPM, and Camunda BPM. However, we decided to use Bizagi because it provides rapid installation and immediate use of the various BPM tools. They also offer an easy installation script which has worked well for us.

It is fully compatible with BPMN 2.0 which is quite comprehensive and hard to learn, and Bizagi made using BPMN 2.0 much easier.

The initial setup is very easy, but only if you have well-stated requirements right from the beginning.

For academic notices, we have about 53 users. And for governance, we have about 14 users.

In governance, we have about five people in the strategic staff using Bizagi. We also have other people in management, as well as analysts, using the solution. In the academic notices, we have mainly management and operational staff.

Make sure that your requirements are explicitly defined from the outset. This will help you choose the right setup and licensing for your needs.

What other advice do I have?

I am very enthusiastic about Bizagi because it lets you see anything you need to see very quickly.

I would rate Bizagi an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,695 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PB
Intelligent Automation Delivery Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Runs well and has a good design with a straightforward API

• "The API is pretty straightforward."
  • "The solution needs to make it easier to use RPA products on it. They may need an RPA specific interface. It would be better than having to make an RPA tool to use for viewing. Most of our work is about making RPA tools with the Bizagi, not using Bizagi itself."

What is most valuable?

The design of the studio is the solution's most valuable feature. It's really, really easy to use. The orchestration, and keeping all of your metrics outside, is very helpful.

The API is pretty straightforward.

The solution runs fine.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to make it easier to use RPA products on it. They may need an RPA specific interface. It would be better than having to make an RPA tool to use for viewing. Most of our work is about making RPA tools with the Bizagi, not using Bizagi itself.

It's not a question of the interface being user-friendly and it's not the question of a specific design that makes it easy for people to use. Rather, we've got to have a design for the robot to use.

I've been using the solution for 30 years.

There aren't any problems with technical support that I'm aware of. I don't deal with the technical support side of things, however. I haven't heard of anyone on my technical team complaining about the support. I would assume that means it's decent. That said, I'm not the person that reaches out to them, so I don't have any experience to speak of.

I'm not involved with financials so I wouldn't know how to answer any questions about pricing or licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Our clients are Bizagi customers. We simply work with Bizagi for the robots, but it's all via our clients. We don't have a direct relationship with the company.

I'm not sure which version of the solution our client's organization is currently using.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. My main complaint is that there isn't an RPA interface. If they implemented one, I'd probably rate them higher.

I'd advise others to really try out the product before implementing it. It won't be quite the same as setting everything up and running. However, you need to understand what your pricing will be, according to usage. You also need to know what you would want to enable. If you don't, you might run into problems down the line. Users considering the solution should understand what their enterprises do. They also should be clear on what they want the solution to do and should try it out to see if it fits in with that.

Micah Rachuonyo
Principal Standardization Officer at a engineering company with 1-10 employees
A user-friendly process modeler

• "I like the ease of use and the fact that you can download and use their free version, which is unlimited. However, while it's unlimited use, some features aren't available."
  • "The free version could be better. Some of the templates and all the functionalities aren't available in the free version. I've been trying to check some maps, for example, organizational maps or a model on organization hierarchy. Apparently, there seems to be no template. You have to create your own. I am not sure if there are templates, but I've not really seen any. I think that there's room for improvement."

What is our primary use case?

I was introduced to Bizagi, and then someone else mentioned Microsoft Visio. I wanted to try and understand the differences between Bizagi and Microsoft Visio. I wanted to know which would be best suited for my use. I've tried to use Visio, but I haven't because of some issues, like monthly subscriptions.

What is most valuable?

I like the ease of use and the fact that you can download and use their free version, which is unlimited. However, while it's unlimited use, some features aren't available.

It can actually be very good for training or education before someone really gets into serious work. They can decide whether to purchase or subscribe after using it. I realized that it's very important to me.

What needs improvement?

The free version could be better. Some of the templates and all the functionalities aren't available in the free version. I've been trying to check some maps, for example, organizational maps or a model on organization hierarchy. Apparently, there seems to be no template. You have to create your own. I am not sure if there are templates, but I've not really seen any. I think that there's room for improvement.

They can also improve their documentation, more precisely, their coding of the maps. It has a unique way of making sub-processes, but I think the other school of thought is that if you have a process and within the process, you have a sub-process. They should improve how you code to link a sub-process within a process.

I think this coding is important. If you want to go beyond visual documentation to even narration, or if you want to include narration and map it onto the visual maps, you should be able to do it.

I've been using Bizagi for barely one month.

I'm trying the free unlimited version with unlimited use. But you have to pay to add some features.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise potential users that they must understand Business Process Analysis and Business Process Mapping, or rather Process Mapping, before using it. If you don't understand that, you might not find it useful or meaningful. If you do understand Business Process Mapping, then you'll find Bizagi very useful.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Bizagi a 9.

SM
Asistent at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to use and great for beginners, but could use more automation

• "Bizagi is really great for beginners because it's user-friendly and you can learn in it quickly, whereas other similar software are harder."
  • "Bizagi could be improved by more automation and machine learning. Now that I'm learning more about data analyzers, I'm realizing that many people have problems with data and how to understand them."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of Bizagi was simulation, especially for office work manufacturing processes. So for these processes, you can input the number of people, the time, the responsibilities, etc., and run a simulation.

What needs improvement?

I think Bizagi could use more manufacturing processes, but that's just because I specialize in that. Bizagi is better for office processes, whereas Siemens has software that is better for processes in manufacturing.

I have been using Bizagi for a couple of years.

Bizagi was stable. The performance was okay on my normal computer, but I felt that I wanted to move to other options.

I have never contacted technical support.

In the past, I have also used Vizor.

From what I know of the market, I think Bizagi is a cheap solution for process engineering. Out of the solutions I've tried, from cheapest to most expensive, would be Vizor, Bizagi, Signavio, and then Siemens. I used a version of Bizagi that my university provided for free, so I have never paid for a license.

I'm now trying Signavio, which I prefer. I like that in Signavio you can connect it with SAP. I'm still learning, but I think Signavio is better for me. I'm also working in Siemens, so we are using SAP as our internal system. Because Signavio was bought by SAP, they are trying to integrate it, and these processes are going to be more and more automated in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Bizagi a seven out of ten. I would recommend it to others who are looking to implement it.

YC
Director at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Easy to use with good technical support

• "This solution is easy to use and it is a good tool for process modeling."
  • "I would like to see more in terms of analytics and better reporting."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting company and this is one of the solutions that we use for our clients.

There are three projects that we have used Bizagi for, so far. The first is a subsidy manager from the public sector, where there are certain processes that have to be followed.

The second is a commercial company that has a lot of people working outside of the organization. They needed to provide them with the ability to input data and proceed with a certain process.

The third case is an operational risk management system that was designed to detect risky events.

What is most valuable?

This solution is easy to use and it is a good tool for process modeling.

Bizagi provides instructions that are very good and help you to get started.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be expensive for a company that has a lot of users.

I would like to see more in terms of analytics and better reporting.

The inclusion of a process mining capability would improve this product.

We have been working with Bizagi for less than one year.

Once the issues with integration were solved, our clients have not found any problems with respect to stability.

This solution will work for certain purposes. I don't believe that it is capable of supporting an enterprise-level organization. Rather, I think that it is ideal for medium-sized companies.

We have been in contact with technical support once or twice, although most of the time we have found solutions to our problems on the internet.

We are satisfied with the technical support.

I was not the person who implemented the software but as I remember, we didn't have any problems. We have had issues with integration but we have overcome them.

What other advice do I have?

In general, we are satisfied with Bizagi. However, I think that companies who need something more architectural in nature should consider other systems.

OM
Business Analyst at a mining and metals company with 10,001+ employees
Easy and free to get started with modeling, but the performance should be improved

• "The most valuable feature is the simulation."
  • "Bizagi needs a way to define categories such as process groups like the APQC framework, PCF, and handle the processes within it."

What is most valuable?

What I like best about Bizagi is that you can download the modeling software free of charge and start right away.

The most valuable feature is the simulation.

What needs improvement?

The speed of this solution needs to be improved.

Bizagi needs a way to define categories such as process groups like the APQC framework, PCF, and handle the processes within it. The APQC Institute specifies the PCF, which has requirements for quality assurance and there are many processes that are categorized by it. If the software had a feature to manage all of these processes in a hierarchical structure then it would be a very good feature. It is not something that is available in any modeler.

I have been using Bizagi for about one month.

I have not experienced any bugs or errors, so I think that it is stable.

I have only used Bizagi on one computer, so I have not tested scalability. From what I can tell, I think that it is good.

I have not had a need to contact technical support.

I have worked with Visual Paradigm, Visio, and Camunda Modeler.

The initial setup is not complex. It is simple to deploy and only takes a couple of minutes.

I downloaded and installed the modeler on my own.

The Bizagi modeler can be downloaded free of charge.

What other advice do I have?

I downloaded the latest modeler but I do not have access to the engine.

Overall, I like this product and it would be great if it had more features to handle all of my processes and BPM diagrams.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

CB
Transformation Manager at a healthcare company with 11-50 employees
Good price and easy to create different types of processes, but doesn't integrate with other solutions and not suitable for complex processes

• "Its cost is the most valuable. It is not as expensive. It is also easy to make different types of processes for the users."
  • "Bizagi doesn't have integrations with other solutions, such as ERP systems. In the industry and your company, you have a lot of systems with which you need to integrate, but Bizagi doesn't have such integrations, which makes it very difficult. Its scalability can also be improved. It is good for a startup, but when you need something more complex, it is not good."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for our processes. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Its cost is the most valuable. It is not as expensive. It is also easy to make different types of processes for the users.

What needs improvement?

Bizagi doesn't have integrations with other solutions, such as ERP systems. In the industry and your company, you have a lot of systems with which you need to integrate, but Bizagi doesn't have such integrations, which makes it very difficult.

Its scalability can also be improved. It is good for a startup, but when you need something more complex, it is not good.

I have been using this solution for one year.

It is stable. We have a good impression of its stability and don't have any issues.

Its scalability is low. It is good for a startup, but when you need something more complex, this solution is not good. We have up to 50 users.

We have two to five engineers for its deployment and maintenance.

It is not expensive.

We are evaluating Appian and OutSystems to replace Bizagi. Appian or OutSystems can be implemented locally. This technology is good for transformation.

What other advice do I have?

It is good for proof of concept. You can have a lot of issues if you don't know the features. It is a good solution, but when you have a complex problem, it is not enough.

I would rate Bizagi a five out of ten.

Download our free Bizagi Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.