BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Intune: BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite vs Microsoft Intune

What is BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite?

The BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite offers five editions to meet your enterprise’s evolving mobile needs. Growth can happen quickly, and the BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is designed to provide a seamless transition to the more advanced capabilities in higher-level editions. The subscription model ensures predictable annual expenditures and eliminates upfront capital costs.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is also known as Good for Enterprise, Good Mobile Messaging, Ubitexx Ubi-Suite.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Customers
Ashcourt Rowan, EMC Professional Services, Itochu, MBDA, North Hennepin Community College, PGGM, Rohde & Schwarz, US Navy
BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite pricing:
  • "We pay about $6 a year for the solution. There are no extra costs on top of that. You save a lot of money when you use this product."
  • "We currently pay by the year, but the licenses are calculated on a monthly basis."

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Reviews

JL
Owner at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Reseller
Extremely scalable and quite stable with good technical support

• "The technical support for the solution is excellent."
  • "One fault that BlackBerry has is its salesforce. Their direct salesforce department is changing its salespeople constantly. One client I had, over a period of about three years, went through four salespeople. That continuity is a problem, in terms of dealing with the customers."

What is our primary use case?

My clients basically use the solution to manage their mostly mobile devices, and, increasingly, their desktop systems also.

What is most valuable?

My customers find that they don't have to worry about managing their VPN connections for their mobile users. BlackBerry handles all of that, as opposed to if you're just using Office 365. In that example, you could manage mobile devices with Office 365 Intune, except that then you have to worry about the VPN connections you have. You have to manage all those connections to your internal sources. BlackBerry basically handles all of that for you.

The Cylance integration is, if they do it right, excellent.

The technical support for the solution is excellent.

What needs improvement?

The integration with Cylance is not complete yet. Cylance does mobile security, which Blackberry bought. Blackberry is currently trying to reprice this solution with Cylance integrated within it, however, it's not complete as far as I can tell. They need to better integrate their mobile security features.

One fault that BlackBerry has is its salesforce. Their direct salesforce department is changing its salespeople constantly. One client I had, over a period of about three years, went through four salespeople. That continuity is a problem, in terms of dealing with the customers.

In the end, I become the only constant - myself, and the support team. The support team helps because they're basically dealing with the customer day-to-day and answering questions. It's an issue that BlackBerry needs to address. BlackBerry is making money. I think they're financially okay.

I've been working with BlackBerry since 2003. I've been working on the Enterprise Mobility Suite for 15 years.

They have a big install base, so the solution is pretty stable. The problem is they keep trying to integrate new items. They keep buying new companies and integrating them into the platform. It's one thing to have it properly integrated. It's another thing to have it presented properly to the customer. The customer needs to become convinced it's a worthwhile addition.

The solution is very scalable. They're often deployed to large organizations. Scaling doesn't seem to be an issue for the product.

I've had clients that had about 18,000 users on Blackberry previously.

The support team is very good. They're very helpful at dealing with customers and answering their questions. My clients have been satisfied with their level of service. They're generally easy to deal with and more reliable than the salesforce.

The basic UEM is pretty straightforward. The problem with the initial setup is now with this new Cylance integration. It's not clear how that's going to go, as they just released it recently. I've only got one customer right now, who I've renewed a BlackBerry contract for. I'll have to see how that goes with the customer.

One of our current clients is using the management suite, which is the basic BlackBerry UEM suite. He bought it last year and he's been a BlackBerry client for 15 years with me. BlackBerry introduced this new capability to raise the price by almost double, and the client was unhappy.

They didn't change the price, but they gave me more margin so I could discount the price to the customer. The customer now has signed on and he hasn't started to deploy the new suite yet, but he will in the next couple of weeks. At that time, I'll follow up with him in a couple of weeks and find out how it went.

I basically sell the solution and help explain to customers what they need to do in terms of implementation. They're getting their support directly from BlackBerry if they need it. Otherwise, they are deploying the solution themselves.

The costs have recently increased, since their acquisition of Cylance. They're attempting to integrate the technology into their product and charging quite a bit more for it as a consequence. Many clients are unhappy about this.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Blackberry reseller.

Many people don't realize that most of the cars on the road today use Blackberry software, from Tesla to GM.

I activate mobile services on every major carrier. Originally, I activated BlackBerry devices through BlackBerry's relationship with T-Mobile. Then when BlackBerry got out of the mobile business, as part of that process, I became certified on the BlackBerry enterprise server. Now BlackBerry is no longer really doing devices. You can still get BlackBerry devices, but they're not manufactured by BlackBerry. They're licensed by BlackBerry and they're Android devices. Therefore, basically am reselling BlackBerry UEM still.

BlackBerry is changing the solution a lot now. About a year ago, they purchased Cylance. They're integrating Cylance with BlackBerry UEM, and the customers, my customers who are BlackBerry customers, are having trouble understanding what the difference is. My goal is to understand that difference and explain it to them.

In terms of users considering using the solution, if they're running Intune, and are not worried about a VPN, probably the best approach is not to use this solution in a very small company. They probably don't need to worry about the features and shouldn't buy a BlackBerry enterprise server. On the other hand, if they're worried about security and want some of the end device security, then they should look at a BlackBerry Enterprise Server due to the fact that it integrates really well with Intune and manages VPN connections.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

RT
IT Administrator Associate at RB CAPITAL
Easy to install with a nice interface and good security

• "If a device is stolen, you have the power to remove all of the contents remotely. You can do this very quickly."
  • "It would be ideal if there was something for communication with Microsoft tools like Teams or Skype for Business, or perhaps even with Zoom for conference calls."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for all of our users.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes our user's personal devices much better. We're able to use it across all departments, including HR, IT, and sales. It's pretty universal throughout the company.

What is most valuable?

The security of the product is excellent.

The solution is easy to install for a manager. It's also easy to manage. Overall, it's easier to manage as it removes the complication of managing across all devices. You can do it all centrally instead of trying to manage, for example, 100 separately.

The user interface is very nice.

What needs improvement?

I can't recall a feature that is lacking in the product. It's quite extensive.

It would be ideal if there was something for communication with Microsoft tools like Teams or Skype for Business, or perhaps even with Zoom for conference calls. That would make this solution much better.

We've been using the solution for the last five months or so. It hasn't been too long yet.

The solution is quite stable. We haven't had any issues with it.

The solution can scale if you need it to. It's not a problem. This is especially true if you have a virtual server. On a physical server, of course, if you get more users, you need more servers.

Currently, we have 80 people using the product.

We do plan to increase usage in the future.

Technical support has been great. I would rate them at a nine out of ten. They are very knowledgeable and responsive. We've very satisfied with them.

There are also very good documentation manuals that are very thorough and complete for those that like to do their own research into the product.

We did previously use a different solution, however, it wasn't as complete. There wasn't any support and the documentation was poor. It was also more expensive.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's not too complex to implement. You do have a bit of a learning curve, however, I found it to be pretty easy, ad once you know the product, it becomes extremely simple.

In all, the deployment took us about one month.

We have two people who handle maintenance for us.

We had the help of Blackberry. We found them to be quite helpful and knowledgeable. It was good to have their helping hands throughout the process.

What other advice do I have?

We don't have a business relationship with Blackberry.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

I would recommend this solution to others.

It's better for those with bigger infrastructures. It's maybe not the best for a simple company. For us, it's great. We have data centers and a private cloud and this makes it easier for us. Smaller companies may benefit from different Blackberry products. I'm not sure. That said, for big companies, it's excellent.

Overall, I would rate the solution ten out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about BlackBerry, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: September 2021.
541,462 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lynda Groulx
Technology Specialist at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Reliable, user-friendly, easy to implement, and stellar technical support

• "The containerization of the workspace is what we have found to be the most valuable."
  • "The pain points for us would be the activation."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our suite of smartphones. We have approximately 1,000 that are all Android.

What is most valuable?

It's really easy to implement.

It's very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

The pain points for us would be the activation.

We have been using BlackBerry since 2001.

We are currently using the latest version.

It is a reliable solution.

It's a scalable product. We started out with 20 users, moved up to a high of 1,400, and now back down to 1,000. It is very scalable.

We have 800 users in our organization.

At this time, we do not have plans to increase usage.

Technical support is stellar. I would rate them a five out of five.

We use both Blackberry and Intune.

We when installed it 20 years ago, the initial setup was pretty straightforward.

We are happy with the pricing.

Because we have a Microsoft tenant, we own Intune as part of our E5 licensing suite.

If we can get rid of Blackberry and go directly to Microsoft, we would have a cost-saving. However, currently, we've found that BlackBerry still offers us value over and above.

Intune is already baked in with the Microsoft tenant, but it's just not there yet.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely would recommend the solution.

We have an on-premises version but you would want to go cloud, for sure.

Intune is very proprietary and it doesn't integrate with a lot of non-Microsoft apps, whereas Blackberry is pretty open.

We don't utilize it as much as other companies do, and there are features that we have not incorporated such as virus protection.

They offer more than we use.

We are pretty happy with the product and it's really good. I would rate Blackberry Enterprise Mobility Suite a ten out of ten.

KK Cheong
Senior Manager at IHiS
Web-based management tools are handy for administrators to control the ACL but it needs to support more devices

What is our primary use case?

Pushmail and chat group IT solutions incorporate other productivity applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Pushed email Supports different platforms  Manages devices across the organization

What is most valuable?

Web-based management tools are handy for administrators to control the ACL.

What needs improvement?

More devices supported like iOS, Android, and API so it can support various platforms to enhance the experience.

I have been using BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite for five years.

My advice would be to do a comparison.

Private Cloud

If public cloud,

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

• Pushed email
  • Supports different platforms
  • Manages devices across the organization

What is most valuable?

Web-based management tools are handy for administrators to control the ACL.

What needs improvement?

I have been using BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite for five years.

My advice would be to do a comparison.

Private Cloud