BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is the #11 ranked solution in our list of top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Intune: BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite vs Microsoft Intune

What is BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite?

The BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite offers five editions to meet your enterprise’s evolving mobile needs. Growth can happen quickly, and the BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is designed to provide a seamless transition to the more advanced capabilities in higher-level editions. The subscription model ensures predictable annual expenditures and eliminates upfront capital costs.

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite is also known as Good for Enterprise, Good Mobile Messaging, Ubitexx Ubi-Suite.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Customers
Ashcourt Rowan, EMC Professional Services, Itochu, MBDA, North Hennepin Community College, PGGM, Rohde & Schwarz, US Navy
BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

JL
Senior Manager at GDMS Canada
It allows us to secure these devices in a way we could not before, though The product releases are periodically unstable and cause further issues with the console and mobile devices.

What is our primary use case?

* Mobile device management for 400 business owned iOS devices in Canada. * Container apps for secure mail, browsing, app management, and secure remote access.
MD
Senior Adviser IT at a consultancy with 51-200 employees
It's easy to wipe the container remotely, but we need a third-party to manage it

What is our primary use case?

We use it for mobile device management and email and calendar on the mobile devices. It has performed very well. You get the odd device where you need to reinstall it because something is broken.

• "It keeps things secure, it can remotely wipe the container and it's fairly easy to use."
  • "I'd like there to be more in the core product rather than having to buy additional products. For example, being able to trace your devices after an emergency is an additional product you have to buy to do that properly."
  • "It's too difficult to manage ourselves. We have to get a third-party in to do that. The fact that it breaks on some end-users' devices is also a concern and just the frequency and complexity of upgrades is not ideal."

What other advice do I have?

Have a look around. There are a lot of products out there now that have similar capabilities. BlackBerry may be a market leader but there is a whole lot of stuff it does that you may not require. I would rate BlackBerry at seven out of 10 because it's too difficult to manage ourselves. We have to get a third-party in to do that. The fact that it breaks on some end-users' devices is also a concern and just the frequency and complexity of upgrades.
Find out what your peers are saying about BlackBerry, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
DP
Mobility Infrastructure Specialist at Enbridge Gas
User
BlackBerry support couldn’t figure out the issues in a timely fashion. We were able to utilize Android for Work-Premium in BlackBerry Android devices

What is our primary use case?

We used BES UEM mainly for our regulated users to lock down devices. It provided us with extra security that we couldn’t achieve with other EMM solution.

How has it helped my organization?

It didn’t help us because we ran into lot of issues, and BlackBerry support couldn’t figure out the issues in a timely fashion.

What is most valuable?

I value the way BES UEM was able to utilize Android for Work-Premium in BlackBerry Android devices.

What needs improvement?

Second level support needs to have strong knowledge of the product. My issues were always at the developer level.

Three to five years.
TB
Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It has good ease of use, and it's intuitive

What is our primary use case?

It is for our personal mobile devices.

• "We can access emails within the active sync."
  • "It has a good ease of use, and its intuitive."
  • "The console needs improvement. It does not provide all the information that we are looking for as far as who has installed a certain product."
  • "As far as being able to remotely wipe a device, or remove it from the console, this is not simple to do. It is not a one-click motion, as it requires several steps."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you read the planning guides, so you can thoroughly plan your architecture accordingly.
PB
Network Engineer at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
I use it to access my emails, my calendar, and the web browser to look for work-related projects

What is our primary use case?

The solution is secure, because it is a container. However, the way I use it is to access my emails, my calendar, and the web browser to look for work-related projects.

• "It allows me to be able to access my email when I do not necessarily have my computer with me. I can also access my calendar when I am on public transport or outside of the office."
  • "Some users have complained that some features cannot be done through the BlackBerry Access Hub."

What other advice do I have?

The product is good on its own. Take the time to focus on how the product will be integrated into the existing infrastructure to make it work the best way possible, which will result in the best user experience possible.
DW
Administrator at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is an easy setup. The configuration and installation guide are very helpful in setting up a domain.

What is our primary use case?

Primary use is bring your own device scenario, not managing an iOS device, and keeping e-mails safely on our own private device.

• "There is very high flexibility for different setups of single users, so it can give a single use many different device types with different enrollment types."
  • "The newest features sometimes pop in very slowly."

What other advice do I have?

It has the easiest setup. You don't have to configure some picture changes in your firewall, and punching out holes in there. It has an easy infrastructure, which is very easy to explain, and very quick to obtain an overview. We are able to get our hands on pre-release software and share our feedback safely with the product management. Also, this is the same in the case of feature enhancements.
JP
Mobile Product Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to protect data by removing it from devices, when we need to

What is our primary use case?

It's corporate. We own devices, and there are BYOD devices nowadays. We're in quite a high-security environment in the finance world, so we have to make sure that we are able to contain our data. UEM and BEMS allow us to be able to remove data from devices, when needed, and protect it.

• "The functionality with UEM and BlackBerry Works, the shared calendar, is a massive improvement for us."

What other advice do I have?

I've always backed BlackBerry, in fairness. I've always liked it from a very early stage. My advice would depend on where you are. We're in a very restricted, audited environment, and it does everything we need it to do. If you want to protect your stuff, then it's probably a good way to go. I think it's a very solid product and people generally like it. We're at very early stages of moving from GFE (Good Technology for Enterprise) to BlackBerry Work, so we're seeing tasks and notes which the general population of the bank hasn't had before. But unfortunately, we're only in a technical pilot…
    MC
    Infrastructure engineer at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
    Containerization allows us to keep personal and corporate data separate, though better integration with AD is needed

What is our primary use case?

Email contacts and calendaring on mobile devices.

• "The containerization of the BlackBerry Dynamics is the most important thing for us. It allows us to keep personal and corporate data separate on a personal device. It allows us to wipe the corporate data while leaving all the personal data in place."
    • "I would like to see better integration with our AD. Instead of having to use Active Directory groups, we'd like to use Active Directory attributes instead. There is a lot of overhead in managing. Whereas, if we could key on something tied to HR, or some other feed indicating who they are or what role they have, and manage them that way, that would be much preferable than having to manage people with Active Directory groups. Because, if people move roles, then we have to make sure that we move them from one Active Directory group to another, which is hands-on, a lot of overhead."
    • "They could improve their QA. There are many times where something will be released, a new client will be released, and something gets broken. Or they do a release and they don't take into consideration how some people may be using parts of it. Even though it's supported, they release something and it breaks it because they weren't aware of it. The biggest thing for me right now is, I would like to see improvement in their QA. I'm tired of getting broken software."

What other advice do I have?

My advice depends on what industry you're in. If you are in a highly regulated industry such as ours, you need to take into consideration the ease of use of the product. We are in the highly regulated insurance industry, and from a security standpoint, BlackBerry best meets our needs. If a solution is not easy to use, people will just find something else to use. If you make it too difficult for them to use the product, make it difficult for them to edit documents, view emails, or share content, they'll find ways, outside of the container and the space to do the same thing - such as personal…
    Harry  Wang
    Messaging Engineer
    Every version upgrade has been straightforward

What is our primary use case?

The primary reason that we use it for is notifications.

• "Whenever we have issues, people rely on the ability to check messages promptly."
    • "Every version upgrade has been straightforward."
    • "From the past to the present, before mobility location, we frequently required a restart."

What other advice do I have?

It is a straightforward product, but it definitely needs support.
    NR
    Senior Technologist at a legal firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    It has allowed us to manage many different mobile device platforms all through a single pane of glass

What is our primary use case?

Primarily for mobile device management.

• "It has allowed us to manage many different mobile device platforms, like Windows 10, Android, Apple, and BlackBerry 10, all through a single pane of glass."
    • "It does support hardware and operating system configurations from every angle."
    • "I would like more support for Google Chromebook operating system, so I could manage it."

What other advice do I have?

You should do a proper architecture assessment and know how the product will scale and fit in your environment. Will you need more than one server, or just the one server, for all your usage? Definitely do some planning from a disaster recovery perspective about where you want to have your UEM servers running in the event of a disaster. Do some thorough planning on licensing. Pick the pieces that you need carefully, because there is a significant licensing cost.
    SG
    technical support analyst lead at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Security is the most valuable feature. It ensures all communications are secure and PCI compliant.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is mobile security and team members being able to access email and other functionality, in a secure manner. We were previously on Good Control, then we upgraded to UEM.

• "Security is the most valuable feature, because we are a financial institution. We have a large number of clients and we have to make sure all communications are secure and PCI compliant."
    • "The entry level support needs improvement, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that we do not have premium support. Therefore, we have to go through Level 1 support for any issues."
    • "It would be nice if there was an easier way for team members to get onboarded in regards to what they have to do on the device. There are some programs like Apple DEP and Samsung Knox. Unfortunately, with these programs, to get existing users onto them, you have to factory wipe your device. If it did not have the DEP capabilities, it would be nicer if it did not have so many steps to go through. That is our biggest complaint from team members. It has too many steps."

What other advice do I have?

If you are trying to go from Good Control to UEM, I would highly recommend going the rip and replace method. Where you set up a brand new environment and go make your users have to deactivate off of one and activate on the other. We tried to go with a method of being the least invasive for our team members, and in hindsight, I wish we would not have done it. It seems like there is more room for issues. Our biggest concern is security, and Blackberry definitely meets our requirements in regards to security, which is why we still have it.
    AM
    IT Sys. Admin Front office
    Enabled us to build strict security with Kerberos; users don't have to fill in their AD password on their devices

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is to get mobile access for things like email, that is the most important thing; when you're traveling or not at the campus. We use it for access to email, to the internet and to office stuff when not in the office.

• "It was an improvement when we got the Tasks and the Notes as well as Connect for Skype For Business."
    • "The most important feature is Blackberry Work, for sure, because that is where you have email."
    • "What we don't have at the moment is RDP from the device to some kind of PC. Another feature would be access to a delegate's mailbox and I think that is to come in one of the next releases. There have been a lot of requests for that type of feature where, for example, a secretary can access the mailbox of the boss."
    • "The only thing is that the UEM service is a little slow. We have a product production environment, and a test environment and both of them are a little slow. When you are using the UEM Web interface, it takes time to load."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely advise having somebody supporting you when setting it up because you can create a very secure setup. As we are in the defense industry, we wanted a secure setup and used consulting and support to create a good setup. If you create such a setup, a secure setup, you will have a really fine solution. I rate it an eight out of 10, which is quite good. It is not perfect, but it's on the way to perfect. If there are a few more features and there is a little more advancement, I think it's a very good solution. We have a good solution, satisfied customers within our company. The…
    KL
    Moblity lead at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Container application gives us the most secure possible setup

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is the PIM, it's a personal information manager: mailbox, browsing, etc.

• "It gives us the ability to have a container and the most secure possible application."

What other advice do I have?

Don't hesitate to contact the vendor for help, if needed. Also, be sure that your use case is met by the product; for example, the security. Perhaps you don't need to have security because your environment is not very sensitive. Check issues like that. I give it a 10 out of 10. All our user adoption is done, and the experience has been very good, no problems.
      DL
      Head of Mobility at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Improves our users' collaboration with clients, but zipping and uploading logs takes too long

What is our primary use case?

The BlackBerry Suite is used for mail, collaboration, instant messaging, and secure browsing.

• "It was a big improvement to activate applications with one authentication. That was a big plus for the user experience."
      • "The most important features would be instant messaging and the security that we get from the containerization."
      • "I know for the BlackBerry Connect, our users want to see more features, such as audio and video. I know the current version doesn't have that."

What other advice do I have?

It's a good, secure product. It still needs a little more development to grow. I would say test it and see if it fits. Overall, I give it a strong seven out of 10. The reason is that work is needed when it comes to other platforms, such as Windows and Mac. But as for mobile devices, I think they're spot on.
      it_user3222
      Manager of System Security with 501-1,000 employees
      Not the sleekest of solutions with a rather clumsy user interface but a good choice if you need true data protection

Valuable Features:

The container approach gets you separation between private and corporate data. This does mean that you eliminate the risk of wiping private data during a remote wipe as well as remove the risk of data leakage between when the device is lost and when it is wiped.

Room for Improvement:

Clumsy user interface Expensive No cloud delivery platform Iffy support for O365
      it_user1875
      Director of IT at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      Device agnostic and provides access in a controlled manner. I wish the interface were more robust.

Valuable Features:

Provides access to our Lotus Notes system in a controlled and managed manner. Is device agnostic with a similar interface for the gamet of devices in the market.

Room for Improvement:

The application is consistent across devices, but the interface is not as robust as you would expect for an enterprise solution. The application should have more user functionality and interface better with the independent operating systems it runs on.