Blackberry Optics Overview

Blackberry Optics is the #16 ranked solution in our list of EDR tools. It is most often compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Blackberry Optics vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

What is Blackberry Optics?

Our cloud-native BlackBerry® Optics provide visibility, on-device threat detection and remediation across your organization. In milliseconds. And our EDR approach effectively and efficiently hunts threats while eliminating response latency. It’s the difference between a minor security event—and one that’s widespread and uncontrolled.

Blackberry Optics is also known as CylanceOPTICS.

Download the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Blackberry Optics Customers

Cerdant, Washoe County School District

Blackberry Optics Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Blackberry Optics pricing:
  • "We pay for the number of endpoints we have and that is about it. On a monthly basis, the licensing cost is $55 per user."

Donald Dindial
Owner at Terra Controls
Intelligent intrusion detection and response for small and medium enterprise clients at a reasonable cost

What is our primary use case?

The primary use would mainly be for intelligent intrusion detection and response. Our biggest customers are two pharmacies and a bank, so it would be applied in the financial and healthcare industries.

• "Cylance is not a signature-based protection solution and instead works proactively using AI and ML models to patrol for malicious behavior."
  • "Too many false positives are reported."

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to anyone considering switching to this solution is you should go for it if you have the money set aside to switch. But also I would spend additional for professional services to handle your migration. On a scale of one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the product as eight-and-a-half. That is because of all that it does, the comparison between the other products, and the fact that it is a vigilant AI / ML tool that proactively guards your system.
SK
Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with excellent efficacy and a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

Typically, we use machine learning features that we developed over the last half a dozen years to build this product, and therefore we're not a signature-based solution. If there are some anomalies that are taking place, generally we can raise an alarm and beyond just raising an alarm, we can provide some other kind of mitigation. We can maybe block communications or sandbox communications or send an alert as another aspect of control or protection.

• "The solution has a high level of trust in the industry."
  • "One minor issue that somebody mentioned was that they didn't like their management console."

What other advice do I have?

We're a reseller. We don't have a business relationship with Cylance. I'm not sure which version of the solution our clients are using. It might be different versions. Our clients use both on-premises and cloud deployments. It depends on the customer and their preference. However, generally, I would say most use on-premises more often. I'd advise new users that they should always start small or start with a small set before they do a big rollout. It's a good idea to test the waters and get a feel for any type of solution before going big. In general, I would rate it at an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about BlackBerry, Microsoft, Carbon Black and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CL
Cyber Security Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good ability to respond to zero-day and unknown threats, but automating the threat response needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT company and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers. I am a pre-sales solution architect in charge of cybersecurity.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to respond to zero-day and unknown threats."
  • "Our customers would like to see more automation with respect to how threats are handled once they have been detected."

What other advice do I have?

I have not received much feedback but Cylance seems to be able to meet our customers' requirements for the time being. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
KK
Manager - Information Security & Projects at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
Good feedback overall during our evaluation period

• "It is a bit early in our evaluation process to give proper feedback, although so far, the overall feedback is good."
  • "The detection component is something that they have to work on."

What other advice do I have?

In this domain, Cylance is the newcomer. Symantec and Palo Alto Traps have been in operation for quite some time. It is a bit early in our evaluation process to give proper feedback, although so far, the overall feedback is good. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.