Blackberry Protect Overview

Blackberry Protect is the #12 ranked solution in our list of endpoint security software. It is most often compared to CrowdStrike Falcon: Blackberry Protect vs CrowdStrike Falcon

What is Blackberry Protect?

BlackBerry® Protect is an artificial intelligence (AI) based endpoint protection platform (EPP) that prevents breaches and provides added controls for safeguarding against sophisticated cyberthreats—no human intervention, Internet connections, signature files, heuristics or sandboxes required.

Blackberry Protect Buyer's Guide

Download the Blackberry Protect Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Blackberry Protect Customers

Panasonic, Noble Energy, Apria Healthcare Group Inc., Charles River Laboratories, Rovi Corporation, Toyota, Kiewit

Blackberry Protect Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Blackberry Protect pricing:
  • "The monthly fee is $55 USD per user."
  • "The product cost is about $5, per user, per month."

OT Cyber Security Principal Consultant at Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
An outstanding product that is pretty spot on and easy to deploy and use

What is our primary use case?

I direct our design and engineering teams, and we craft solutions for on-premises or autonomous networks in the industrial industry, such as oil and gas, water, and manufacturing. We use this solution as a layered defense for the defense strategy for our on-premises clients. An attractive thing about this solution is that it uses AI official algorithms to not only discover known stuff but also to discover anomalous behavior and things that are out of the ordinary. It is not just signature-based; it is an algorithm or AI and machine learning.

• "The non-daily requirement to update signatures is the most valuable feature. From a functional point of view, it is pretty spot on. For instance, we compared an algorithm from five years ago to today's algorithm, and it was 98% accurate. It has the ability to detect and mitigate. In the industrial environment that we work in, there's what we call OT versus IT. You are IT Central, but this is OT. Generally, we don't have the same level of skillset as IT individuals or IT professionals have. This particular product doesn't require you to be a computer scientist to be able to understand its proprietary algorithm and to be able to deploy, use, and work within it. It integrates well with a robust SIEM or SOAR solution, and it plays nice with others. We use other detection solutions like CyberX or site provision with Cisco, and it plays nice. That's one of the things we really liked about it."
  • "It could have integration with industrial base HMIS or Human Machine Interfaces Solutions. This is the industrial environment where you have a control center for all the automation that's happening, whether it is oil, gas, or chemical manufacturing. They often have to set up a computer at the back and watch the other stuff to get alerts. In these autonomous or on-premises environments, they often don't have access to email readily. Integration with other industrial solutions, such as HMIS, will allow them to communicate and get an alert that something has been found. This way, they can react to it sooner than having somebody watch the screen and keep checking the screen. Rockwell has its own suite. Similarly, Honeywell has its own suite. There's also an independent HMI/historian solution provider out there called VTSCADA. We actually get asked if we can get it to show up on a screen, which is difficult. Getting those alerts to work within an industrial environment would be a huge plus."

What other advice do I have?

They like to see licensing at a higher level. That's not the norm for on-premises economist environments in the industrial industry. If you're an integrator versus an end user, they like to look at the quantity. Even though they like to start at quantities less than a thousand, it is cumulative. I've got a thousand clients at a hundred, so now I've got a 100,000. Therefore, don't let the scalability, where they like to play in tens of thousands, dissuade you from incorporating this product. It is quite different from the standard signature-based approach to endpoint protection. At first…
DV
Senior Network Administrator at a financial services firm with 51-200 employees
Inconsistent stability with a difficult uninstall, although deployment of updates is easy

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for endpoint protection for our external devices and laptops.

• "The deployment of updates is easy."
  • "While you are working, you are finding these things that were supposed to be waived have come back to being blocked. That's frustrating."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise that they keep in mind what it doesn't do and be open to looking at things that include more and cost less. I would rate CylanceProtect a four out of ten.
Learn what your peers think about Blackberry Protect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Security manager at a energy/utilities company with 201-500 employees
Scalable product, needs work on false positives detection and application integration

What is our primary use case?

We put the product on all of our desktops and servers.

• "The most functional item that we use is the process to turn off the false flags that it causes."
  • "They could improve on the false positives, reporting and whitelisting features."

What other advice do I have?

Beware and work out a process to restore items that were deleted by false flags. Work out a process to investigate any odd behaviour or troubleshooting tickets with open source software being even a small sub-component. For the majority of installs, the Cylance is going to break because of the small sub-component that's open-source that is out of date. Always no matter what problem is happening, double-check to see if there were any flags in Cylance because it's probably going to be Cylance blocking something along the line. It will drive you nuts to work with your third-party technical…
Owner at Terra Controls
Proactive AI-based security that scales as we need it

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the security products that we implement for our customers. My biggest customers are two pharmacies and a bank and this makes up part of their security solution.

• "Two or three years ago when the WannaCry virus struck, the people that were on Cylance were the ones that weren't affected."
  • "I would like to see them fix the alerting system so that the endpoint reporting is a bit more streamlined."

What other advice do I have?

I don't think too much about the features when it comes to an antivirus solution, such as this. When you try to combine too much into one product, you end up affecting the product as a whole. If you're a home user then it's great because you only pay once a year and it does everything including the antivirus, firewall, VPN, internet security, and more. However, when you're in an SMB or an SME installation, all of those things are decentralized. My advice for anybody who is considering this solution is to switch if you have the money put aside. I would suggest using Professional Services to…
AB
Vice President Operations at a construction company with 11-50 employees
Easy to manage and deploy with a single-pane-of-glass to manage threats and updates

What is our primary use case?

CylancePROTECT came packaged with our HR and IT management system, which was a selling point. It allows us to ensure that every single computer is always up to date as far as vulnerability protection and we can manage all the threats and everything from a centralized dashboard.

• "You can manage all the threats and everything from a centralized dashboard."
  • "It provides good insight into the programs, applications, or websites that may need attention."
  • "It is extremely simple to manage and deploy."
  • "The product does not do a lot of reporting on what it is taking care of. Enhanced reporting would be a welcome improvement."

What other advice do I have?

CylancePROTECT is going to tell you if there are any issues and you are going to be able to see everything from one single dashboard. If there are any issues on any computers across your whole architecture you will know about it. If there were advice that I would give to someone thinking about working with CylancePROTECT, I would just say it is extremely — extremely — simple to manage and deploy. On a scale of one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate CylancePROTECT as a ten-out-of-ten as per our experience with it thus far.
Head of Cloud Services and Projects at Grove Group
Solution has picked up files that other platforms don't plus it uses machine learning and AI protection

What is our primary use case?

We did a POC with Cylance, Bitdefender and ESAT. Cylance picked up Zero-Day Malware that the other two solutions did not quarantine.

• "The solution is extremely scalable. It's got the hybrid functionality, it's got the system functionality and cloud functionality as well."
  • "I would say one thing that they might need to bring in is protection for mobile devices."

What other advice do I have?

You can obviously get in touch with a partner (Grove Group) like us, and we can arrange a POC for your business. While we're dealing with the POC, it will showcase the product and how valuable the product is for your business. Plus, it will actually show what defective files it's picking up in real-time. You can do a side by side comparison while you're running Cylance with your existing endpoint protection to see the difference in protection. You can see exactly what Cylance does pick up on both the endpoint device and the admin console. I also love the fact that the en-point software is not…
Head of Systems at SKN Caribecafe Ltda
Easy to adjust protection levels, very stable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to protect us against ransomware.

• "The solution is very quick at easily changing the levels of protection for each computer and the server."
  • "The company that sells us the licenses sometimes doesn't know how to do certain things."

What other advice do I have?

I don't know exactly which version we're using. A person in charge of that in our office was the person who looked for the product. I just read some things about it and I found that it was a very good product. We have been trained to learn how to use the product and now we have a very good experience with it. The problem is, for me, sometimes it creeps into the computers and into the servers that we want to get running. Sometimes it has problems. That said, it's a very good product. We are okay with how it works. I would recommend Cylance. I think it's very good and very stable. The only thing…
MH
Vice President Product and Strategy at a tech company with 201-500 employees
Scalable, with a straightforward setup and good virus protection

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use the solution for security purposes. I use it for endpoint protection and response. That's the only real use case for us.

• "A user can continue to add endpoints and the solution will continue to perform well."
  • "Having worked with SentinelOne, Cylance is good, however, it probably needs to add a feature similar to SentinelOne's rollback functionality. With this feature, if you get infected, with a click, you can go back to the pre-infection state. If Cylance could add this functionality to their offering as well, that would be ideal."

What other advice do I have?

We are Cylance partners. I'm not sure which version of the solution we're using. It's likely the most up-to-date version. They update them quite often. I'd advise companies considering the solution to take some time to do a proof of concept to see how it would react in their environment and then decide if it is the right solution for them. I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
See 10 more Blackberry Protect Reviews
Download our free Blackberry Protect Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.