BlazeMeter OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BlazeMeter is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Apache JMeter: BlazeMeter vs Apache JMeter

What is BlazeMeter?
CA BlazeMeter ensures delivery of high-performance software by enabling DevOps teams to quickly and easily run open-source-based performance tests against any mobile app, website or API at massive scale to validate performance at every stage of software delivery. The rapidly growing CA BlazeMeter community has more than 100,000 developers and includes prominent global brands such as Adobe, Atlassian, Gap, NBC Universal, Pfizer and Walmart as customers. Founded in 2011, the company is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., with its research and development in Tel Aviv.

BlazeMeter is also known as JMeter Cloud.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BlazeMeter Customers
DIRECTV, GAP, MIT, NBCUniversal, Pfizer, StubHub
BlazeMeter Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BlazeMeter pricing:
  • "The licensing fees are billed on a monthly basis and they cost approximately $100 for the basic plan."

BlazeMeter Reviews

VK
Technology Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to navigate and offers reasonable pricing but needs grouping features

• "The stability is good."
  • "The should be some visibility into load testing. I'd like to capture items via snapshots."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for performance testing.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to navigate.

The testing it offers is very useful and compatible with many platforms.

We don't have to maintain any infrastructure, as that is already provided by BlazeMeter.

The real user monitoring feature is great.

I like that you can integrate JMeter script into the solution and run your load while testing a number of users.

The solution easily runs with end-user experience monitoring and you can run scripts right in the solution.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The stability is good.

The solution can scale.

We have found the technical support to be quite helpful.

The pricing is quite reasonable.

What needs improvement?

We have already provided some sort of feedback for our BlazeMeter vendor who is directly interacting with us. We would like, for example, for there to be some sort of grouping features available.

While they are in the cloud, it would be good to also offer on-premises options.

I've been using the solution for about ten years. It's been about a decade. We've used it for a while.

We've found the stability to be reliable. We're not running into any performance issues at all. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

We are planning to scale up to more BlazeMeter products very soon. You can scale it well. We want to scale up to ten products a month.

Technical support has been very good so far. They are helpful and responsive. We are satisfied with the assistance overall.

We also use LoadRunner.

The solution is very straightforward to implement. It's not overly complex or difficult.

The deployment only takes one week or so.

The pricing of the solution is pretty good. It's not overly expensive.

We pay to license the solution every year. There are many types of license models. We have chosen the UH license model for which we pay every year.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer and an end-user.

I'd advise a company considers multiple technologies to support its goals.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten.

Suresh Vaddi
Senior Engineer at CIBER
Provides great flexibility and we can run executions from multiple locations

• "The solution offers flexibility with its configurations."
  • "Lacks an option to include additional users during a test run."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use BlazeMeter for scripting. I have a performance testing background, and can directly record my workload with the help of a BlazeMeter plugin. Once I've recorded I can modify a couple of enhancements. I can design my signature in BlazeMeter and choose multiple dedicated IPs, depending on our load. We are system integrators and I'm a senior engineer.

What is most valuable?

Providing the Cloud load generator is a good feature. We can run executions from multiple locations. Very few tools provide that. They have recently started with separate API testing. I haven't had a chance to use that yet but it might be very helpful. The solution offers flexibility with its configurations, taking around two to five minutes each. You can see the metrics in a graphical view while running the tests. Response times are also visible and can filter whatever we need and get the results of error loads.

What needs improvement?

Documentation for the solution could be improved because there are some areas, such as licensing costs, where there is a lack of information regarding structure. I'd also like the ability to see a comparison feature after carrying out several tests. I'd like to know the difference in terms of response times and other details. That would be a great feature for them to provide.

Sometimes we'd like to include additional users during a test run to check application sustainability. We can do it from a scripting end but it would be great if BlazeMeter would provide the option of adding a few more users while running a test.

I've been using this solution for five years.

The stability is good.

The scalability is good.

If there are issues I update it in a chat and the technical support creates a ticket ID for follow-up. Sometimes they respond very quickly and other times they are very slow at resolving the issue. Response times are inconsistent.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward and user-friendly. We have less than 50 users, we don't do any load tests.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend BlazeMeter because of the accuracy of the results.

I rate the solution eight out of 10.

Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Apache, Micro Focus and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: September 2021.
540,694 professionals have used our research since 2012.
VK
Associate QA Manager at Xcel Serv Solution
Great performance testing and API Mocking with reliable stability

• "It supports any number of features and has a lot of tutorials."
  • "The reporting capabilities could be improved."

What is most valuable?

I like the BlazeMeter extension. It is a very good expansion. With it, you can record any type of performance script scenario, and you can generate in a JMeter script, Selenium, et cetera. That is a very good feature.

If you want to do that, it is used mostly on performance testing, API Mocking, et cetera. The API Mocking capabilities are great.

For performance, it is a very good tool and we don't have too much to do.

It is UI-based and you can select the load generator and it is auto-scalable. You can select the origin where we want to generate load from it. We can select the bandwidth, for example.

It supports any number of features and has a lot of tutorials.

The solution is stable.

What needs improvement?

I cannot recall coming across any missing features.

The reporting capabilities could be improved.

It would be ideal if it could incorporate tools such as APM or Dynatrace.

I've been using the solution for six years. It's been a while.

We have found the solution to be stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

For the paid version, we have our own technical support for BlazeMeter. They are helpful.

The cost is a bit high for the Indian consumer. For a European or American user, the solution may not seem that expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end-users.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're pretty happy with its capabilities in general.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

AI
Senior Test Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
MSP
Good support and documentation

What is our primary use case?

We used BlazeMeter for our performance testing. It allows us to run our tests on the local area network. Its primary use is to make sure that applications can handle a high load before going into the production environment. It will generate a report with the results. The clients come up with some of the test cases and we have to validate them.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product has improved the way our organization does testing.

What is most valuable?

This is a customizable product. The documentation is good. The sharing works well.

What needs improvement?

Having more options for customization would be helpful.

We have been using BlazeMeter for the last six months.

What do I think

What is our primary use case?

The clients come up with some of the test cases and we have to validate them.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product has improved the way our organization does testing.

What is most valuable?

This is a customizable product.

The documentation is good.

The sharing works well.

What needs improvement?

Having more options for customization would be helpful.

We have been using BlazeMeter for the last six months.

We have about 20 users who run over 1,000 test cases.

The technical support is good. They have good support documentation and when we have contacted them, they helped to guide us.

I started working directly with Blazemeter. There is another person in the company who is using LoadRunner and it costs about $300 per year.

JC
QA Engineer at SSCGI
Has good recording features but it should have the ability to customize reports

• "I really like the recording because when I use the JMeter the scripting a lot of recording it takes me a lot of time to get used to. The BlazeMeter the recording is quick."
  • "In terms of improvement, I would like to have the ability to customize reports."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to create processes for performance. I created a one time function and implemented it for 1,000 users.

What is most valuable?

I really like the recording because, with JMeter, the recording takes me a lot of time to get used to. With, BlazeMeter the recording is quick.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, I would like it to have the ability to customize reports.

We have been using BlazeMeter for around two months.

It is stable.

I implemented it for 1,000 users.

The initial setup was straightforward. I deployed it myself. Because I'm new to BlazeMeter it took two days to deploy because I needed to study it first also.

I deployed and also maintain it myself.

I also evaluated JMeter and LoadRunner but I prefer BlazeMeter because of the speed and because it's easier to use.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a seven out of ten. I would recommend it.

I would like for it to be Windo-based. It should have the ability to be implemented into Windows applications.

Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Apache, Micro Focus, and more!