BlazeMeter Overview

BlazeMeter is the #7 ranked solution in our list of top Performance Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Apache JMeter: BlazeMeter vs Apache JMeter

What is BlazeMeter?
CA BlazeMeter ensures delivery of high-performance software by enabling DevOps teams to quickly and easily run open-source-based performance tests against any mobile app, website or API at massive scale to validate performance at every stage of software delivery. The rapidly growing CA BlazeMeter community has more than 100,000 developers and includes prominent global brands such as Adobe, Atlassian, Gap, NBC Universal, Pfizer and Walmart as customers. Founded in 2011, the company is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., with its research and development in Tel Aviv.

BlazeMeter is also known as JMeter Cloud.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

BlazeMeter Customers
DIRECTV, GAP, MIT, NBCUniversal, Pfizer, StubHub
BlazeMeter Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

User
Enables us to monitor our application instances as well as our database to see where the bottlenecks are

What is our primary use case?

We use BlazeMeter to run simple POST requests against our application to simulate heavy load. We can then monitor our application instances as well as our database to see where the bottlenecks are.

• "It has helped us simulate heavy load situations so we can fix performance issues ahead of time."
  • "My only complaint is about the technical support, where sometimes I found that they would not read into and understand the details of my question before answering it."
OM
Data Modeler Manager / Application Development Manager at CIGNA Corporation
Easy integration of open source tools

What is our primary use case?

To load performance testing of web/mobile apps.

How has it helped my organization?

WIP.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity Easy integration of open source tools Moderate migration of ALM scripts.

What needs improvement?

Reporting.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Apache, Micro Focus and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
User
Enabled us to identify bottlenecks in our infrastructure and better prepares us for large amounts of traffic

What is our primary use case?

We have an AWS elastic beanstalk Node.js express backend with Mongodb that we expect to experience a significant amount of load in the coming weeks.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product!
Development Manager at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Can quickly scale out a load test across the world, to simulate realistic world traffic conditions.

What other advice do I have?

Definitely ask your engineering staff if they're familiar with JMeter. If they're not, it would be good to get a quick two-hour tutorial on it and then BlazeMeter will make a lot more sense.
User
For heavy load testing on a specific application, we did not encounter any stability or scalability issues.

What other advice do I have?

I would say use it, but people also have to know that they have to do their own due diligence and they have to make sure that their servers are okay. My advice would be to gather statistics on the servers as the tests are running, so that if the test indicates that there's something wrong, you can quickly look to the CPU, to the memory, to get an idea if it looks like it's an internal issue, or if it looks like it's an external issue.
Lead Software QA Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It can push large numbers of simulated users at our applications and provides access to detailed reports.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking to improve your website performance and ensure maximum uptime by load testing your system from end to end, then there is no better solution that I have found. It is extremely simple to setup.
QA Automation Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We are able to see the errors compiled, along with their responses.

What other advice do I have?

Having a simple setup and being able to get the tests up and running right away, is the key for this solution.
Software Developer at a media company with 51-200 employees
The URL testing is valuable. It is not a complete load-testing solution.

What other advice do I have?

Look for your needs. This product is not a complete load-testing solution. It does offer certain types of load testing like URL testing but, other than that, we did not find them useful.
Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer / Manager at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
I like the ability to spin up as many load generators as I need, and get statistics on response times and the load generators themselves.

What other advice do I have?

BlazeMeter is an easy way to get really accurate results from JMeters that you already have without having to build a set of networked JMeters (e.g., one with the UI running a bunch GUI-less slave machines).
Senior Performance Engineer/ Staff Qa Member at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
It can generate a heavy load and provide a report that shows how the system behaved under the load.

What other advice do I have?

It is an excellent and reliable tool. I liked it very much.
Test Manager
It helps us procure the required load generation infrastructure.
Principal Consultant - Business Analysis / Project Management / Account Management at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
A cost effective way to scale our existing JMeter load tests.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor, I look at ease of use, support, product maturity, and their partner model. BlazeMeter is a great solution to run your existing tests. You will need detailed knowledge of JMeter to get the most out of your testing and BlazeMeter offer comprehensive training if you are new to this.
Chief Technology Officer at a non-profit with 51-200 employees
We like the ability to run a test repeatedly and that it is easy to make small changes to the test.

What other advice do I have?

It's free and easy to sign up and try, so give it a whirl and see if it meets your requirements. We found it met ours and more, helping us gain confidence from our customers and solve a nagging problem in the performance of a third-party application.
Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Apache, Micro Focus, and more!