Blue Coat Advanced Web & Cloud Security [EOL] Overview

What is Blue Coat Advanced Web & Cloud Security [EOL]?

The Blue Coat proxy-based architecture serves as the foundation for the Advanced Web Security solutions, and is delivered as a cloud service, on-premise appliance or a hybrid of the two. They combine the critical security functions you need to safely adopt cloud and mobile technologies, while strengthening your security and compliance:

• ProxySG (On-Premise Appliance)
  • Web Security Service (Cloud Service)
  • Mobile Device Security Service
  • Content Analysis
  • Malware Analysis

Download the Web Security Gateways Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: March 2021

Blue Coat Advanced Web & Cloud Security [EOL] Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Blue Coat Advanced Web & Cloud Security [EOL] pricing:
  • "The cost is much higher compared to other proxies."

Blue Coat Advanced Web & Cloud Security [EOL] Reviews

RV
Ranjith Vadagam
Pre-Sales Consultant at Exclusive GRP
May 9, 2019
We have seen a significant reduction in bandwidth consumption using web caching

What is our primary use case?

Our use cases depend on the customer. The requirement may be for HTTP object caching, URL filtering, or website categorization. It also depends on the user's best practice policies.

• "The solution is very stable. In four years we have not seen any issues with the product."
  • "Every customer has to perform a manual backup, and automatic backing up is needed."

What other advice do I have?

If you are using schedule-based policies, for example, Monday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM in the evening, then Blue Coat is the best product to go for. My advice is that if somebody is using the Blue Coat or Symantec solution, then only use Blue Coat products. They integrate well and you don't need to manage different solutions. I would rate this solution eight out of ten.
MB
reviewer1008345
Senior IT Security at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Oct 23, 2019
Easy to change categories and has many ways to filter

What is our primary use case?

Blue Coat allows access to some sites and blocks other sites, depending on your configuration. I look at high risk configuring. It lets me allow some applications and block others. We use the on-premises version.

• "The categorize formula is very helpful. Previously, we used the Cisco solution, where we could not choose how sites are categorized. Blue Coat updated a lot of sites I categorized. There are other valuable features as well, such as block by location, block by IP, allow by IP, and block by user name, domain, or group domain."
  • "Java does not completely work. We are dependent on Java and when the current console does not run with Java, it is a problem for us."

What other advice do I have?

If you need web services, this product covers your needs. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Cisco, Forcepoint and others in Web Security Gateways. Updated: March 2021.
473,605 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SS
Email&webpr67
Head of Email & Web Products at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 29, 2019
The console visibility and the performance impact on the internet should be improved

What is our primary use case?

I am an occasional user. Our IT team primarily uses it. My primary use case of this solution is for web content filtering.

• "The content filters and SSL encryption are the most valuable features of this solution."
  • "The console visibility and the performance impact on the internet needs improvement."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is to look at your longterm needs. I would rate this solution a three out of ten. The should include a DNS security layer to improve this solution. They should also make it easier for roaming users.