BMC Remedyforce [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is BMC Remedyforce [EOL]?

BMC Remedyforce, built on Salesforce App Cloud, enables you to deliver high-speed service management that empowers users and accelerates the business, with minimal capital investment.

Built with speed and flexibility in mind

• Comprehensive functionality:Incident, problem, change, service level management, self-service, discovery and asset management
  • Social, mobile, modern access: With the Salesforce 1 platform, solve incidents, submit approvals, and crowdsource information via Chatter or chat
  • Intuitive dashboards and reporting: Resolve 90% of IT issues on the first call; show key business metrics in real time
  • Configuration not customization: Deploy new technologies and services without coding or scripting, using existing Salesforce staff
  • No software or hardware to install or manage: Seamless upgrades twice a year with simple, value-based pricing

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] is also known as Remedyforce.

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Buyer's Guide

Download the BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Customers

Design Within Reach, Dex Media, DHHS, News UK, Pervasive Software, Mitchell International, Sysmex Corporation, Ameritas, Lumen 21

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BMC Remedyforce [EOL] pricing:
  • "My current company has a deal. I think the subscription per year is 20K dollars. Per year for the client is really nothing compared to other products and solutions."

BMC Remedyforce [EOL] Reviews

Abdullah_Smadi
Business Unit Manager at Magnoos Information Systems
A solid, reasonably-priced service management solution for small to mid-sized businesses

• "An inexpensive solution that is easy to set up and use without much support."
  • "The product is created to service small to medium-sized businesses. Although it can be used in enterprise settings this choice comes down to properly assessing needs."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for Remedyforce is for clients who do not have a requirement on the CMDB (Configuration Management Database). When I'm talking about a requirement, I'm talking about things like federation and reconciliation requirements. This gap is one of the reasons I started looking at Remedyforce as a potential solution.

The second reason for choosing this is when the client size is medium to small — not truly enterprise. Medium-sized companies in my view means that the support staff is around 10 to 30 members. That is just the number of support staff, not end-users. There should also be about 50 to 100 servers.

A third component is when there are no critical integrations — we call them huge integrations. There are two kinds of integration. First, there is very straightforward integration where I need to connect to an active directory and, for example, read the people detail. The second is more complicated integrations. For example, a client might ask to do provisioning on the active directory, or they may want to do updates like bidirectional integration. Remedyforce is not built for this type of thing. The product as of yet was not built to handle complex requirements. When it comes to complex requirements, we have to be honest with the client. It is as if they buy a cheaper car and try to make it into a Ferrari. We have other remedies for this situation, Helix Remedy. It is a Ferrari. Remedyforce is not the Ferrari.

What is most valuable?

There are several excellent features that I find valuable in the product. The self-service portal, knowledge management, and the CMDB from the last version are the best of these. Previously CMDB was the worst feature. Now they improved it significantly and it is one of the best features of the product.

Other modules that older versions of the product had are not really featured but can be useful. For example incident management. I cannot tell you that incident management in Remedyforce is as good a feature as incident management in Micro Focus — which has different incident management capabilities. They are both valuable incident management products depending on needs and expectations.

What needs improvement?

Of course, there are features that can be added, improved and enhanced in any product. I would like to see the CMDB feature include federation in the consideration engine. That would be the number one enhancement I would like. Number two, enhance the change management module by including a calendar. They should also create and include an impact analysis engine. They don't have an impact analysis engine right now.

But if you notice these features like change management are more related to big organizations. BMC wants to keep it this way. BMC has trillions of dollars they could put into research and development to add features. They envision Remedyforce for medium to small companies and it is their market. Our Ferrari product is for large, enterprise organizations. So, if they enhance the change management in Remedyforce, they will be making the products similar to other products. Eventually, the client will wonder why they are offering the same product with more than one name. It would be like basically having the same product but for cheaper pricing. It doesn't make sense.

They want to offer different products and enhance some type of distinguishing advantage of each. They want products to appeal to different market segments because they want to capture all of the marketplaces. It is as simple as this.

It has been two years that we are using this product.

This product is really stable. It has an uptime of 99.9%. They also have great customer service policies to cover any stability issue. In case the system goes down for any reason, BMC is willing to cover any lapse in service during the subscription. They will actually cover the exact amount of time for you. After your subscription ends, they will calculate the days and they will refund it directly to you.

This is a scalable product. Because it is on the cloud, lots of people can connect to it and there is no problem with growing the number of connections. If you want, you can even add a mobile app now. Previously they didn't have a mobile app option.

Remedyforce's scalability has some limitations and because of that, it is not going to fit in most large enterprises. However, very large companies are using the product with success. For example, Carrefour is a very large grocery chain something like Walmart and they are using Remedyforce.

There are reasons to use Remedyforce and it is okay for big clients. One of our big clients is the Al Tayer Group. They are a dealership for expensive luxury cars like Range Rover, Ford, and Ferrari (the real Ferrari). The number of actual users is small, but the amount of business they do is huge.

I have a meeting, a new project coming up with Al Ghurair Group. Retail groups love this product because it is very fast but not expensive. Forpen is another big enterprise and they are using Remedyforce heavily. They are treating it as a large enterprise solution. The product works for them for now because they did many things on top of it to make it work. Really they are paying more than what it deserves to put into it. Sometimes you might own a Toyota Corolla and you keep enhancing it to try to make it work like a Ferrari. Actually you are wasting your time and resources on it because the solution you need already exists. Go buy the other one you want because it is better for you. It may feel harder to switch than it actually is.

Can you scale it? Yes. But doing it may not be a good business decision. There comes a point where there is no point in enhancing the product more. For some of the clients in the UAE, change is hard for them. They think that they already have a solution that they know how to use and they are happy with it. They think it's a headache to change and switch and get used to something else. It is also not always easy to go to procurement to finance a change. You need to justify why you need to change a product and defend the expense.

Customer and technical support are very good. Their response to issues and the resolutions are the fastest across all of our cloud competitors. They are the leader in customer support being both very fast and on the spot.

I'm the BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) business unit manager in my company. I know every little thing about my competitors and their products in order to have success selling products.

Earlier we were not relying on Remedyforce but BMC recently made a significant investment in Remedyforce. The name is changed and it is called BMC Helix Remedyforce. It is built on the Salesforce Platform, which is a well-established cloud platform. Recently, they decided to provide more features. It has now chatbots. They provide BMC discovery for the cloud as well. These two features were always available in BMC but it was only for Remedy IT service management — the enterprise solution. Now they make them available to be integrated to work with Remedyforce which makes Remedyforce a very strong solution.

The product is only available in the cloud, so there is no setup. You just place an order and you'll get it tomorrow. Everyone now is moving to the cloud here in UAE. The first data center for Azure is in Abu Dhabi. That is because it is a better means of deployment.

Because there is no installation process, there is no need for a consultant or anybody to help.

The configuration is a little different and it could take some time. You'll have the system up and running but you need to put efforts to configure it. Tasks would include uploading the people details, building service requests, building templates, etcetera. However, almost all of these tasks are very simple and very easy.

This product is very inexpensive. It is subscription-based on yearly contracts.

My current company has a deal. I think the subscription per year is 20K dollars. Per year for the client is really nothing compared to other products and solutions. You know that a five years subscription is one hundred thousand dollars for five years using all this functionality.

What other advice do I have?

On the cloud, BMC is a leader. Even now they are introducing AI as part of their platform. Any platform that you have in the cloud with them, you'll have IBM Watson built-in with it. The chatbot used in Remedyforce is AI-based using IBM Watson.

If someone is considering Remedyforce they need to ask the right questions of themselves. Very simple, straightforward questions. How many servers do you have? How many support staff you have? How many custom processes do you have? Or are you a green field where you have not begun to build anything? These things will help to define the correct solution. If this is not fit for you do to the answers you give and the discovery of the product. My recommendation might be to go to Helix Remedy. It depends if that will help you have success with your needs for the solution. Helix Remedy is great for large enterprises. The product has many complex solutions. However, it is also not right for everyone.

Let me tell you about one of our customers, Dubai Financial Markets. The Dubai Financial Market has millions there. The number of support staff is small. You would be surprised. The number of end-users is only 200, the number for the support staff around 30. But in this case, Remedyforce will fail there. They have Helix Remedy because they have very complicated processes. For example, Remedyforce does not have something called the process designer. Helix Remedy has an engine called the process designer to build any kind of custom IP process. It was a small staff, but they needed more advanced solutions.

If you want more help in making decisions you can go to BMC blogs and forums and discover more about products. This can also help you to identify features you may not know exist that would be useful.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I think BMC Remedyforce is an eight. Every software has limitations. If you ask me about Helix Remedy, I will tell you a nine, there's nothing like ten, nothing.

ML
Manager at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good integrations and very stable with excellent alert functionality

• "The solution is very good at integrating systems."
  • "It's hard to find information about the solution online. We'll sometimes use the internet to look for technical answers, and we won't be able to find it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to record IT events and instances. For example, if someone is working within the office but suddenly their test op doesn't work, they'll call the IT service support desk and the desk will take the call and record the instance on the Remedy system.

We'll also use this system to record and send out notifications to all related staff so that they know about the status of relevant activities and tasks.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very good at integrating systems.

The solution is very stable.

There are good alarm systems in place. When something goes wrong, or some switch has a problem, Remedyforce can recognize it and send alerts to the operator.

What needs improvement?

The monitoring system could be improved.

It would be helpful if the solution was more open-source so that there is more community content available.

The solution is quite complex, and because of this, you need assistance from BMC for implementation and often for troubleshooting as well. We don't like this kind of situation. We want to be able to know how to use the solution completely and handle everything in-house. However, you tend to have to rely on BMC. Only they know the details of the product.

The solution shouldn't just cater to IT departments. We also use it with HR and it would be helpful if the solution offered a few more HR-focused features.

I've been using the solution for a decade. It's been about ten years.

The solution is a very stable product.

The solution isn't scalable.

We've been in touch with technical support and the team is awesome. They are very good to work with. We've been quite satisfied with the level of support we get.

Before joining this company, I used an HP product, but I do not recall the name of it. Compared with HP, BMC is much better.

I believe the solution's initial setup is complex. I joined the company 13 years ago, and the system already existed, so I didn't handle the initial setup. However, the system has a lot of customizable functions, so it's not plug and play. It can get quite complex because a lot of items need to be customized before deploying the solution. The deployment will take a couple of days at least.

An organization looking to implement the solution will definitely require the help of either BMC or a BMC partner. In our organization, it's very helpful to have assistance as we are not as skilled. A consultant engineer or analytical engineer that comes from BMC will have certifications. They know the system very well and it takes knowledge to deploy everything correctly.

The licensing model is complex. For example, some parts are based on the company (how many people use it) and some parts are based on the service model. It differs.

What other advice do I have?

We have around 500 people in our company and at least half of them will come in contact with this software daily. I don't think too many people are very familiar with it, however, because it has to be updated continually to accommodate some new functions.

I'd advise other companies that the product is very powerful, and if they want to keep their old servers, they should be careful. It's a big software system and it's not very open. They won't be able to find too much information about it on the internet and will have to rely on BMC directly quite a bit. The solution is highly customizable, however, meaning it will quite easily fit into almost any company's requirements.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about BMC Remedyforce [EOL]. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
540,984 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AM
Executive Director at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Flexible and pretty stable but needs better flexibility

• "The solution is very flexible."
  • "The look and feel is very dated."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for BD. It's providing service delivery and essentially servicing our end customers in terms of problem management, incident management, and basically ongoing support for our end customers.

We also use the solution just internally for employees as IT service management. These are the two primary use cases that we have internally for this product.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very flexible. It provided us the opportunity to extend into items that were not provided to begin with. It did not have all the features and all the data elements, however does a good job of having the flexibility to add them. We were able to extend it quite easily.

What needs improvement?

At the end of the day, it came to a point where we were trying to extend beyond what was available and the solution was no longer adding any more value. That's why we wanted to upgrade it.

The look and feel is very dated. The new employees who are joining us are coming in with a customer-like experience from the world of big tech. When they come in and then they start experiencing these products, these products are fairly dated in terms of the UI and are very clunky. Those are aspects that definitely can be improved.

They may have made those improvements in newer versions. I haven't had the opportunity to use them yet. I have just done the analysis and it's been deployed in some parts of the organization, however, I believe that that was one of the big problems that we had with these system tools.

The solution basically needs tighter integration with some of the other products that we use. It requires greater flexibility with generating the reports. All the reporting capabilities are limited right now.

We've been using the solution for a while, however, very recently we have started upgrading our systems into the Helix Platform with Smart ID.

It's been a very stable deployment for us. We don't have issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

We have not expanded the solution beyond an originally estimated number of users and the use cases that we had originally estimated. We've basically stuck to the original business case and therefore, we haven't had any significant scaling challenges with them.

I find them very, very responsive. Whenever I have anybody with a problem or we are seeing anybody with an issue, we get support from them really quickly, so they are very sensitive to the organizational needs that we have. I cannot say that about every other vendor that we use. I find them definitely a lot more responsive to our needs. We've been satisfied with the level of service we've received so far.

We're actually moving over to BMC Helix at this point.

I actually wasn't involved in the setup. That said, I'm told it's reasonably less complicated compared to some of the other tools that may have been evaluated. I would say maybe that its initial implementation is rather straightforward and pretty good.

They have definitely been leaders in this industry and they're continuing to be there and so I would certainly pay that additional premium for them being ahead of the curve. The way they're priced right now is high, however, due to the value we receive, I don't mind that.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a BMC customer. We don't have a special business relationship with them, however.

While I've enjoyed using this product, I believe BMC Helix to be a better solution.

Overall, I would rate it a six out of ten. If they updated the UI and were a bit more robust I might grade it higher.

Syed Abu Owais Bin Nasar
Software Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good reporting and easy to use but needs to offer better integration capabilities

• "The stability is good. There are no bugs."
  • "They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface."

What is our primary use case?

Remedyforce is primarily used for tasks such as incidents management, service requests, change management, task management, and business management.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspects are incident management, service requests, and change management. They are all very helpful to our organization in terms of doing the work and management we need to do.

The initial setup is very easy. It's quite straightforward.

The solution scales well.

The stability is good. There are no bugs.

The solution is very easy to use.

The product offers very good reporting.

What needs improvement?

The product offers quite limited memory. That needs to be expanded.

They need to make it possible to more easily customize the user interface.

The product could offer better integration capabilities. Right now, we are trying to integrate some on-prem solutions to Remedyforce. We're having some problems doing that right now.

Due to the fact that the solution must be accessed through the internet, if your internet is not good, you'll have trouble accessing the product.

It would be ideal if there was an on-premises option.

Technical support can only be reached via email. It would be nice if we could speak with them directly.

I've been using the solution for about five or so years. It's been a while at this point.

The stability of the product is good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. It works well. However, it does depend on the internet connection. If your connection isn't good, you may have issues staying connected and using the solution appropriately.

There are about 8,000 users that are on the solution in our company.

The solution is quite easy to scale, however, it does depend on the license. If you want to scale, you need to move to a new license tier.

Technical support is okay, however, you need to communicate with them via email. There isn't really a portal where you can initiate direct contact.

Yes, Microsoft System Center Service Manager. I used the Incident management, service management, and reporting module of MS SCSM. I found MS SCSM unstable solutions. It takes too much time to generate a report, if you are extracting the report and doing other tasks then it will be hanged or crash your system. Hard to customize. Not so user-friendly a solution.

The initial setup is not complex or difficult. Remedyforce is on a cloud platform, which makes it very easy to set up. It's very easy and quite straightforward.

The solution, being on the cloud, requires very little maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We did not need to enlist the help of any integrators or consultants. It was handled very easily in-house with our team managing it.

I can't speak to the exact pricing. It's not a part of the product I directly deal with.

It's my understanding that there are different tiers of licenses, and, if you need to scale up, for example, you need to move to a bigger tier.

What other advice do I have?

We have a partnership with BMC.

We currently use the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

Remedyforce is basically built on Salesforce. We are using the Salesforce Service Cloud.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the integration capabilities were more robust.

MF
Business analyst / Consultant at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Stable, but needs to be faster and more responsive

• "If a company needs to expand the solution, they are able to do so. It is quite scalable."
  • "It's not user-friendly. Everything is overly complicated. Even for the simplest of tasks, a user will waste time. It requires a lot of clicks and a lot of steps. Often we will have to do the same thing two or three times. It's really bad."

What is our primary use case?

I primarily use asset management, the console parcel, and the CMDB functionalities. It's mainly for search and to verify access. I also use it to update attributes and relationships.

Currently, we are mainly using it for the change management process, for example, for planning and bringing forth approval process changes (that are open and assigned to our team).

Occasionally it is also used for incident management.

What is most valuable?

I can't think of a single feature I like on the solution.

What needs improvement?

I don't like the product at all.

It's not user-friendly. Everything is overly complicated. Even for the simplest of tasks, a user will waste time. It requires a lot of clicks and a lot of steps. Often we will have to do the same thing two or three times. It's really bad.

The solution needs a mobile interface.

It should be able to work faster and be more responsive. Right now it's clunky and slow. It takes ages and because of the lack of speed, it can get really annoying to use.

It would be helpful if the solution offered features related to asset management on the financial side. They need some functionality that would allow the company to calculate the total cost of ownership of a state. There should be some sort of license management functionality in order to manage their land and the life cycle easily.

I've been using the solution for three and a half to four years so far.

The solution is stable. I haven't experienced any bugs or glitches and I haven't heard of any complaints from the client in this regard.

I've been in touch with technical support in the past.

I'm told because I'm a consultant, that they need to talk to the customer. I would expect, however, if I pose a question and ask for support, that it would be beneficial to them to try to figure out what I'm asking, Instead, there's a lot of back and forth. They end up coming to me 10 times in order to get the exact same question they want to be answered.

They are not as supportive or as quick as they should be.

I don't have any experience working with a different solution.

I didn't handle the initial setup, so I can't speak to the process and I don't know if it was straightforward or complex.

What other advice do I have?

I don't really know what deployment model is used within the organization as I'm not an employee of the company that uses BMC. I work there as a consultant. I don't really know the details about the architecture.

I would advise other companies to take the time to make sure this product is really going to help them. Otherwise, they might be stuck with it and it isn't going to work well.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.

Adnan Naseem
Jr Software Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Good knowledge base and ticketing system but technical support needs improvement

• "The knowledge base is the solution's most valuable aspect. All of the knowledge we need is right at our fingertips."
  • "The solution's technical support is in need of a lot of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for our banking solution. I use it as a way for customers to open their tickets and resolve problems that are related to their banking, both internal and external.

What is most valuable?

The knowledge base is the solution's most valuable aspect. All of the knowledge we need is right at our fingertips.

The solution offers the best ticketing incident regiment as well.

What needs improvement?

The solution's technical support is in need of a lot of improvement.

The pricing of the solution is quite high. It would be ideal if they could adjust it to make it more affordable. The fees on our management engine, in particular, are high.

The solution needs to have more documentation.

I've only been using the solution for about five months.

Although the solution is still quite new for me, I have noticed that it contains a few glitches and bugs, so I wouldn't say it is 100% stable.

I've found the solution to be scalable. I don't think an organization would have trouble scaling.

There are two or three other people using the solution in my organization, so there are three companies that currently use Remedyforce.

We've dealt with technical support in the past and have not been satisfied with the level of service that was provided to us.

The initial setup isn't straightforward or complex. It's quite ordinary. it's what you would expect.

I can't recall how long it took to install the solution or deploy it. I believe it took a couple of weeks. We spent a lot of time with some on-premises work.

We used a supporting consultant that helped us implement the solution at our organization.

The solution is costly. I'm not sure of the exact costs, however. I'm sure that the solution is more expensive than competitors such as ManageEngine.

I'm unsure if we evaluated another solution before choosing this one.

What other advice do I have?

I'd warn others that when it comes to implementing Remedyforce, they should be aware there may be fees involved.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten. If they had better documentation and better technical support, I would rate them higher.

SV
Service Assurance Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Good interface, good customization, and very stable

• "The interface and customization are the solution's most valuable features."
  • "The solution's business workforce should be much more capable of drag and drop functionality. The solution could be kind-of UI based rather than still being coding based. You still need an administrator profile, and you'll have to code things if you want to use the solution."

What is most valuable?

The interface and customization are the solution's most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

The solution's business workforce should be much more capable of drag and drop functionality. The solution could be kind-of UI based rather than still being coding based. You still need an administrator profile, and you'll have to code things if you want to use the solution.

The solution should introduce more AI and more automation. It would be an overall benefit to the product as a whole.

I've been using the solution for the past three years.

The solution is stable. Right now, the solution is quite customized. Upgrading will take a bit of planning on our part.

In terms of scalability because of our own existing infrastructure and our own unique support model, it's bit difficult. It's a challenge we're facing currently. Right now, we're wondering if we should continue with this solution or move over to ServiceNow, which may make scalability easier for us. ServiceNow is on the cloud. We're looking at options and whether we need to move onto the Helix platform before moving everything into BMC ITS and then migrate back and move all of the integrations to Diago.

Currently, we have in the ballpark of 5,000 users.

We've been satisfied with technical support. We haven't come across any bottlenecks in the service provided.

The solution was a bit complex to set up. For us, we needed a legacy tool integration. It was not about the tool itself. Since we hold a legacy system, we have to manage it and getting integrated with those legacy systems was a major coup for us. It still took us a long time to integrate everything. We had more than 20 in all, in terms of legacy systems. We wanted to integrate all of these into one platform, and the ticketing platform was BMC Remedy.

We had a partner that assisted us with the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

I am an internal auditor, so I cannot reveal much information in terms of my current organization's structure.

I'd strongly recommend the solution to others. I'd rate it nine out of ten.

SW
Principal Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with good performance and support, but the CSM features need to be improved

• "The feature that we like best is the stability of the product."
  • "The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We use Remedyforce for our IT helpdesk. For our internal users, it keeps track of incidents.

We are also a system integrator and this is one of the products that we implement for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The feature that we like best is the stability of the product.

The performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The customer service management (CSM) features are in need of improvement.

I would like to have a cloud-based service portal.

I have been working with BMC Remedyforce for seven years.

The stability is very good.

Remedyforce is pretty much scalable. We have about 4,000 employees who use it in our organization.

We have a premium support contract and it has been good for us. Whenever we raise an issue, they are responsive and help us.

We did use a different solution prior to BMC Remedyforce, but we switched because it wasn't easily customizable and we had trouble onboarding it. Basically, Remedyforce is a more powerful product.

The installation is easy. However, configuring the tool around the processes can be complex.

We have our own team of technicians who took care of the implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Five people were required to complete the deployment, while maintenance is handled by three.

We are currently looking to upgrade our environment to a SaaS-based solution. The replacement for this solution, BMC Helix, is one that we are trying.

What other advice do I have?

This product has now been deprecated and is no longer available for sale, so I cannot recommend that other people use it. They have been offering the smaller BMC Helix and we are currently evaluating that as a replacement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.