BMC TrueSight Network Automation OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BMC TrueSight Network Automation is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Network Automation tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus Network Automation: BMC TrueSight Network Automation vs Micro Focus Network Automation

What is BMC TrueSight Network Automation?

Network automation and management software reduces network outages and downtime by automating configuration, change and compliance processes. Organizations depend on high performance across their network to keep the business running at peak efficiency but new security threats make it hard for network administrators to keep pace with the demands for new services and safeguard the health of the network.

BMC TrueSight Network Automation is also known as BMC TrueSight Automation for Networks, TrueSight Automation for Networks, TrueSight Network Automation, BladeLogic Network Automation.

Download the Configuration Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BMC TrueSight Network Automation Customers

SAP

BMC TrueSight Network Automation Video

BMC TrueSight Network Automation Reviews

DM
Security Analyst at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Stable, saves us time when updating multiple devices, and it scales well

• "This product has helped us because we can now do many tasks at once. Rather than copy one file to one device, we can do an entire group at one time."
  • "The product should be expanded to include more hardware, beyond Cisco and Juniper devices."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for general task automation, including things like updating our Cisco devices. For example, rolling out patches is something that is automated.

The top three processes that we have automated are upgrading the operating system of physical devices, changing configurations, and security compliance analysis reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

TrueSight provides us with a unified view to define and monitor our workflows, which is important to us because it helps when it comes to automating things. It makes it easy to browse and navigate our workflows.

This product has helped us because we can now do many tasks at once. Rather than copy one file to one device, we can do an entire group at one time. It has dramatically improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to automate the pushing of OS updates and configurations.

The reporting and analysis tools are helpful.

What needs improvement?

I have been using BMC TrueSight Network Automation for between four and five years, and the company has been using it for even longer.

We have jobs running every night and the stability is pretty good.

This is a highly scalable product. However, at the moment, we don't have plans to expand our usage. We have more than ten employees who are using it, each deploying automations, and everybody has administrative access.

I would rate their technical support a seven out of ten.

They are pretty quick and have good technical knowledge.

The product was implemented before I joined the company.

My company works directly with BMC and they are very good.

What other advice do I have?

While learning how to use this product, I did not view any of the how-to videos available via the web interface. Instead, I was able to learn while on the job.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this product is that it is pretty good at automating processes, and it is quick to do so. I have learned a lot with respect to growing out security compliance, having standard templates, and unifying the configuration of Cisco devices.

In summary, this is a good tool that does what we want at the moment, and it has had a very positive impact on our business. I strongly recommend it.

RS
Solution Consultant / Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Excellent support and offers valuable network security

• "The network security of BMC TrueSight Network Automation has been the best feature."
  • "I believe there could be new features in terms of the latest technology."

What is our primary use case?

Compliance and Security vulnerability  management of network devices

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced manual efforts in managing the devices,  made changes on thousands of devices automatically. automate repititive processes using templates and policies.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I believe there could be new features in terms of the latest technology. I also think that more adapters could be added for the new cloud solutions. It needs to improve with the market. But, It has new features added this year and performance improvements.

I have been working with BMC TrueSight Network Automation fo ten years.

Scalability has been good. There has been some significant improvement, but it could be better.

Technical support has been excellent.

The pricing has been alright.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate BMC TrueSight Network Automation a nine out of ten and I would recommend it.