Bonita OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bonita is the #8 ranked solution in our list of top Process Automation tools. It is most often compared to Camunda Platform: Bonita vs Camunda Platform

What is Bonita?
Bonitasoft helps innovative companies worldwide deliver better digital user experiences for customers and employees. The extensible and open Bonita application platform unleashes the full potential of multidisciplinary development teams to create Living Apps: applications that allow continuous and incremental improvement, connecting tailored user interfaces with reliable back-office operations.

Bonita is also known as Bonita BPM.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Bonita Customers
With more than 1000 customers in 75 countries, and its ecosystem of more than 120,000 members, Bonitasoft is the largest provider of open-source Business Process Management, Low-code and Digital Transformation software worldwide.
Bonita Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bonita pricing:
  • "Licensing cost for the Enterprise edition comes out to be around 40,000 a year. There is also a Community edition, which is free. Some customers can go for the Community edition, but some of them require the Enterprise edition. Big companies go for the Enterprise edition, which comes with a lot of additional features such as a mobile app."
  • "We are using the Community Version, which can be used free of charge."
  • "The price of the solution is reasonable."

Bonita Reviews

SaiedKhani
ERP Functional Specialist at Aryasasol
Helps us to create the process, pages, and forms and is easy to use

• "This product is very easy-to-use and user-friendly."
  • "It is missing some important features that other products have."

What is our primary use case?

I use this as part of my solution for BPM (Business Process Management) development.

What is most valuable?

The most useful feature for me is using Bonita as part of my modeling process. I use Bizagi and Bonita together to create the process, pages, and forms.

What needs improvement?

In my experience, the response with the desktop application and the mobile application lag a bit and the product needs to improve in that way. I should be able to type the text — for example, type the CSS — and the code should generate automatically with little lag at all. This would make Bonita much better.

I think Bonita is a powerful BPM but it seems to be lacking some features compared to other products. First, they need to improve the form builder and the page designer. If I could add to the product, there are features I think would make it more complete. For example, I recently researched ProcessMaker and it has additional features for the framework, support desk, and a workflow engine. Bonita does not have a workflow engine and I don't think that Bonita can connect to the API through other systems or not. If it doesn't have that ability to connect to web API to test their service, testing seems incomplete. So Bonita is easy to use but it seems to be missing some powerful features that competing products have.

I think the most important feature I would like to add is a mobile version of the Bonita application. The organization manager, or other executives in the organization, need to be able to connect to the BPMS with a mobile application when they are outside of the company. It's very important that the BPMS supports a mobile application with full access to all of the features. For example, if I am in sales and I have a Bluetooth device, I need to be able to access all parts of the application from remote locations and it should be responsive.

I have been using this product for about six months

Bonita is stable. The view of the resulting web pages is not always right in either the mobile or desktop version and needs revision for improving response time. But the product itself is stable.

Really I use two products at the same time for business process management. I think Bizagi is a powerful software or tool for organization, but Bonita is user-friendly and easy-to-use — easier to use for development. Bizagi has a lot of features that Bonita doesn't have. Together they have all of the functionality I need.

The product installed easily and it was not hard to get started using it.

I did the installation myself.

For my R&D, I used trial versions to compare Bonita with the other BPMs like Bigazi, Appian, BPM Anywhere and Oracle Suite. After comparisons, I chose Bonita for my application because it was easy-to-use.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where ten is the best, based on my experience, I would give it an eight. It is not a ten because it needs to improve in feature availability.

VN
Senior Director Practice & Delivery at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Good integrations, helpful for quickly building workflows, and has a Community edition

• "Flexible and drag-and-drop type of UI is very valuable. The integrations are also very good. You can build workflows very quickly, which is my favorite activity. By using the GUI, you can build the entire mechanism, notifications, and all this kind of stuff."
  • "I should be able to park the tasks that are within a process in a kind of container, and dynamically, a super admin should be able to connect these processes. This kind of feature might be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We are an implementation partner, and we implement Bonita. Most of our implementations are on-premises.

It is used for process and workflow automation. When there is heavy customization in the process Bonita is the best compare to other products in the market. We have implemented 30+ processes for various customers (Pharma, Manufacturing, Financial). The tool is very easy to use and built on open-source technology. Easy to integrate with external systems.

What is most valuable?

Flexible and drag-and-drop type of UI is very valuable. The integrations are also very good. You can build workflows very quickly, which is my favorite activity. By using the GUI, you can build the entire mechanism, notifications, and all this kind of stuff.

What needs improvement?

I should be able to park the tasks that are within a process in a kind of container, and dynamically, a super admin should be able to connect these processes. This kind of feature might be helpful.

We have been using this solution for eight years.

It is stable.

It is scalable. It is robust enough to scale to additional properties. You can also have a clustering mechanism. It is robust enough for a workflow solution.

We have four active customers, and we have done implementation for close to eight customers.

We are their premium partners. They are very helpful and nice. They provide very good technical support.

It is a very straightforward process. It is a hassle-free installation. It took less than four or five hours.

We have a team of close to 20 members. For simple implementations, we have two to three members.

Licensing cost for the Enterprise edition comes out to be around 40,000 a year. There is also a Community edition, which is free. Some customers can go for the Community edition, but some of them require the Enterprise edition. Big companies go for the Enterprise edition, which comes with a lot of additional features such as a mobile app.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. Small and medium businesses can use this product.

I would rate Bonita a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: October 2021.
540,884 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ValeryTezo
Senior ICT Consultant/Project Manager at Qualisys
An easy setup and good user interface but modules are limited in the community edition

• "The solution is stable. Even the older versions are stable."
  • "The community edition has limited module functionality. If they could release some of the functionality that's available in the enterprise edition that would be helpful to those learning to use the solution."

What is most valuable?

The solution has good graphics and a good user interface.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for three years.

The solution is stable. Even the older versions are stable.

I'm not a developer and the community edition is limited, so I can't speak to the scalability of the solution. I'm the only user of the solution in the company. Currently, I'm testing it to see how it works.

I've never had to contact technical support.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The community version of the solution is very straightforward to set up. It was quick to deploy on the desktop.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model and the Bonita Community Edition of the solution.

I can recommend the solution. It's very robust. I'd rate it seven out of ten; I'd rate it higher if the community edition was able to offer more collaboration capabilities.

reviewer1350654
Director, ICT Department. at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good user interface and the community support is helpful, but better documentation is needed

• "The user interface is better than all of the open-source BPMs that I have tried."
  • "I have run into a lot of problems because there is not enough documentation."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using Bonita to develop processes using the Bonita Studio. We have only been using it for simple, object console processes.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is better than all of the open-source BPMs that I have tried.

What needs improvement?

I have run into a lot of problems because there is not enough documentation. They should include more examples, as well as sample source code.

We have to relied on community support because we are using the open-source version. There are community websites available to help.

We are using the Community Version, which can be used free of charge.

I was having some trouble running my processes so I have compared Bonita with some other open-source BPM solutions.

What other advice do I have?

In general, Bonita is a very good solution. It is open-source and has a good UI. I find that it is the best in terms of management for BPM features.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
CR
Partner at a consultancy with 11-50 employees
Beneficial low code platform, easy installation, but IoT connectivity needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We are in the early stages of testing this solution. It is used for business process automation.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is you can create without coding, it is a low code platform.

What needs improvement?

There could be an improvement in IoT connectivity.

I have been using this solution for a couple of days.

We have used Novacura.

The installation was easy.

We have an internal team that does the implementation of Bonita.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

Which other

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There could be an improvement in IoT connectivity.

I have been using this solution for a couple of days.

We have used Novacura.

The installation was easy.

We have an internal team that does the implementation of Bonita.

The price of the solution is reasonable.

We have evaluated Pega.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Bonita seven out of ten.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Bonitasoft, Camunda, Bizagi, and more!