SS
Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Automates all repetitive tasks

• "The most important feature of BotFarm is web automation."
  • "The CL command poses an issue during the process of data conversion, accuracy, data loss and the assessment of certain data as false."

What is our primary use case?

We utilize the solution for automation of all repetitive tasks.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature of BotFarm is web automation.

What needs improvement?

This said, IT has been very good in evolving the tool and it is doing so on a weekly or monthly basis.

We have been using BotFarm for under 12 months, although not as an end user but in the context of working on the client's interface version.

When it comes to stability, I prefer Automation Anywhere or UiPath, which is simple to code and to handle and has an easily obtainable platform. It has a much simpler deployment and configuration process and the tool can be easily acquired.

We have not yet tried to expand the usage of the solution. This is a decision which must be made by management.

Last year I faced a problem and, subsequently, raised a ticket. The support team is great and they helped me to resolve the issue within three or four days.

I found the deployment to be very simple.

The licensing is generally on a yearly basis, although this can vary depending on the needs of the client. I am very happy with the pricing.

Prior to choosing the solution, we did consider alternatives. However, we found them to be overly expensive, so we decided to go with Automation Anywhere, with whom we are now partnered.

What other advice do I have?

Our team consists of around 15 people.

I recommend the use of Automation Anywhere, although version 11.3.5 should be chosen, as it contains certain new commands for automation in respects of the share purchase agreement. Automation Anywhere constitutes the latest version and the addition of extra commands makes things much simpler. The previous version required one to automate via scripting and the use of MetaBot.

I rate BotFarm as an eight out of ten.

VS
AGM- IT (IT Projects Delivery & Innovation) at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
An expensive solution, providing an easy setup with little maintenance, but lacks AI-driven capabilities for full automation

• "The system is stable and very little maintenance is required, assuming the bots process is perfectly designed."
  • "I have called customer service three times and the experience has not been good. They do not offer 24/7 support, which forces us to wait till the next working day to solve a problem."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to use the bot peer-to-peer (P2P) billing.

We deal with a few customers where we automate billed services for accounts received with invoice, debit and credit notes.

What needs improvement?

An additional feature that is missing from BotFarm is the ability for complete, AI-driven automation.

Automation can be divided into two types, namely, full automation (does not require human intervention) and semi-automation (requires human intervention). However, most companies are not able to give all their data from their ERP system to perform full automation. There is a missing feature in the software which allows for this solution to be solved.

Additionally, by using AI, I would like the bot to pull reports automatically from the ERP system, but at the moment I have to log into the system to retrieve reports.

Another area that needs improvement is with regards to machine-bound licenses. When installing the solution on a clients laptop or desktop and creating a license, that license is bound to that computer. I cannot use the users ID or password on any other machine.

I have been using the solution for about 8 months and we have developed around six process automations.

For example, if the interface of the ERP system changes, maintenance would be required to adjust the bot settings to point to moved buttons/features.

The initial setup is simple. However, creating a bot requires development experience.

The deployment does not take much time, assuming you already have a complete process that has been defined and approved.

The solution was implemented in-house.

It is too expensive and not worth the price.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
552,027 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SB
Program Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Easy to set up and the documentation is good, but technical support could use some improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use BotForm for automating some of our manual tasks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of deployment.

What needs improvement?

The image processing capabilities definitely need to be improved. We have had trouble automating processes running on Windows Server 2016. It seems to be related to integration with the Office tools, but I cannot 100% confirm this. Technical support can be improved.

We have been working with this software for approximately one year.

I would say that it is stable. We have just recently started using it on a daily bases and it seems to work as expected in 80% to 90% of the cases.

What do I think

What is our primary use case?

We use BotForm for automating some of our manual tasks.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of deployment.

What needs improvement?

The image processing capabilities definitely need to be improved.

Technical support can be improved.

We have been working with this software for approximately one year.

There are several areas involved with using BotFarm including those working with infrastructure, technical people, and other areas. This makes it difficult to judge how many people we have that are using it. For example, there are managers that monitor the core configuration, either on a full-time or a part-time basis.

We have between 10 and 20 bots running at this point and we are adding more.

The support team has a dedicated relationship manager, who is attached to our organization. We have the ability to raise tickets as a partner. At the same time, I can't say that support is great but we can manage.

It is no different than support with other vendors, such as IBM, where it depends on how high you escalate the ticket. At a very high level, they respond, then after a few months, they slow down again and take their own time. It is part of the cycle.

There are not many challenges when setting up this solution, and there is a good amount of documentation to go with it.

We had assistance from the consultants for our deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Senior Software Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good data extraction features and the technical support is helpful

• "Automation Anywhere has good document extraction features where it can learn patterns."
  • "I would like to see more process mining features to give us insight into them before we develop automation."

What is our primary use case?

BotFarm is a group of bots running on the Automation Anywhere platform.

We have a banking and invoicing system and this solution is used for the automation of operations. It includes day to day invoicing and bank-related activities. We do not have anything complicated in the data extraction.

What is most valuable?

This solution gives us the ability to switch between Chrome and IE.

The user interface is fine.

What needs improvement?

The community forums can be improved a little bit because they have mixed solutions or discussions with respect to some ideas.

We have been using this solution for the past three months.

Compared to the other automation products that we have seen, stability is good.

We have not had to scale this solution yet.

Technical support is really good. When we have had issues, they have been able to help us. They gave us several solutions based on the challenges that we were facing.

The initial setup was pretty basic. We do not need a complicated setup here for the moment.

I installed this solution myself.

Initially, we were thinking about using another vendor but decided to stay with Automation Anywhere.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to carefully consider what it is that you need to do because it requires planning. With the correctly planning, the RPA deployment will be stable.

Ben Huang
Founder at BSDC PTE. LTD.
Easy to run scripts and the latest version has good improvements

• "They recently released the newest version that has a good program flow, quality, and blueprints that are all good improvements to the automation. They also have good integration with SAP."
  • "The new version is not very stable. Sometimes I can't use the recording sound."

What is most valuable?

They recently released the newest version that has a good program flow, quality, and blueprints that are all good improvements to the automation. They also have good integration with SAP.

It's also easy to run scripts from the EBS.

What needs improvement?

The new version is not very stable. Sometimes I can't use the recording sound.

They should improve the community. It should have a download version instead of every time needing to deploy through the SAS system something new. It's time-consuming.

I have been using BotFarm for the past year.

The software is overall stable.

It's easy to scale. We provide this solution to SMBs. They have around 500 employees but 50 in the office.

We recommend that it gets used daily.

I have contacted their support. We have a relationship with them in China. Their support is okay. I am satisfied with them.

I prefer Automation Anywhere to UiPath.

It's easy to set up. To get it installed and ready to work takes less than one hour.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good solution. I would recommend it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. To make it a ten it should be more user-friendly. The community version should also be more stable. It should allow the user to directly download and install without the need to deploy through the SAS system.

They should also have more video material and guidelines.

Rithwik Neelam
Senior software Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful features, highly stable, and priced well

• "The main features of the solution are the IQ Bot and web-based automation."
  • "We do have some troubles with the internal software commands, but we have been troubleshooting this bug to fix it."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to automate the use cases for our clients. We have automized the day-to-day work of their order management system.

What is most valuable?

The main features of the solution are the IQ Bot and web-based automation.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the solution within the past 12 months.

I have found the solution to be very stable.

The scalability has been good. We have approximately 300 users using this solution in my organization and we plan to increase the usage.

Overall the support and customer support areas need to be improved.

I have previously used Blue Prism.

The initial setup was complicated.

We did the implementation and took us three months.

We are on an annual license for the solution and is priced well.

We have evaluated Blue Prism and UiPath before.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. I would advise any of your new developers to start using it as soon as possible, it will be beneficial for them to get started.

I rate BotFarm ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
SR
Digital Transformation Specialist at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
Good pricing and easy to apply, but stability needs improvement

• "The solution is easy to use and easy to apply."
  • "The stability needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our internal stations.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use and easy to apply.

What needs improvement?

The stability needs to be improved.

I've been using the solution for three months.

The solution needs improved stability.

The solution is very scalable.

Technical support is very good.

We didn't use a different solution. This is the first evaluation we did and we decided to go with it.

Deployment took about a month and a half because it's a controlled pilot that we're running, so we weren't officially signed up with authorization in Europe.

The pricing is very good. I'd actually pay a higher price; I think it's worth more.

They have another retention fee that compensates for the standard licensing fee. There is another that can extract fees as well.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the enterprise version of the solution and an unfinished deployment model.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten. To give it a higher rating, the solution needs to boost its public services and machine capabilities.

In terms of advice, I'd give to others considering implementation, I'd say that they need to trust the methods. Consider things early to find the gaps properly.

GN
VP Software Engineering at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy to deploy and a good user experience, with helpful community support

• "The most valuable feature is the interface, which helps to provide a good user experience."
  • "The deployment could be made a little bit easier."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for automating manual tasks.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to deploy.

What needs improvement?

The deployment could be made a little bit easier.

An automated telephone support system would be helpful.

I have been using BotFarm for a few months.

We haven't had any trouble with stability.

This is a scalable solution.

We have ten or eleven people using this solution. Right now, they are admins and developers, as we have not given access to end-users yet.

I haven't had a chance to interact with technical support yet. The community support is good.

In terms of difficulty, I would say that the initial setup is in the middle. It is not too complex, yet not too simple, either. It took us about two days to deploy, which included performing the discovery and applying it.

The pricing model could be simplified.

What other advice do I have?

Automation Anywhere is the leading RPA solution right now.

At this point, it is too early for me to officially recommend it. However, at this moment, based on what I have seen so far, I recommend it.