BotFarm OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BotFarm is the #7 ranked solution in our list of best RPA tools. It is most often compared to Automation Anywhere (AA): BotFarm vs Automation Anywhere (AA)

What is BotFarm?

BotFarm is the first and only enterprise-grade platform for Bots On Demand. Scale your workforce capacity by deploying bots anywhere in the world with a single click. Create, deploy and manage thousands of bots in an instant to meet demand spikes. BotFarm delivers on-demand RPA with scalability, elasticity, resilience – designed for the enterprise.

BotFarm Buyer's Guide

Download the BotFarm Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

BotFarm Customers
Cisco, CocaCola Bottlers Japan, Macy's, Whirlpool, Unilever
BotFarm Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about BotFarm pricing:
  • "I think payment can vary but it's a re-occurring fee that needs to be paid every year."
  • "An unattended bot license costs around $5,000, whereas an attended bot license costs roughly $1,500."
  • "Automation Anywhere is more reasonable than Blue Prism and UiPath in terms of cost."
  • "There is a license for this solution and it is on an annual basis. I am satisfied with the price."
  • "Pricing for this solution can be better."

AshishTyagi
Solutions Architect at PureSoftware Ltd
Good customer support but some technical issues need to be addressed

What is our primary use case?

I have used BotFarm to automate web applications and Microsoft products. I have also automated mainframe applications for a healthcare product. I automated around five to six processes for them. All together I have automated more than fifteen processes with this solution that we have deployed in-house.

• "Automation Anywhere provides a very flexible UI."
  • "Sometimes I feel like it doesn't work properly and we are not able to provide the dexterity needed."

What other advice do I have?

It’s hard to give any advice without seeing the project you are working with. If you want to purchase any RPA tool, then I’d have to check the project or your process so that I can identify the requirement and I can see which product will completely fulfill your requirement. Make sure to choose your solution based completely on the project you wish to automate. In other words, I can’t give you any direct answer. If you’re automating a web application, then I would use UiPath. If you’re also automating their applications but you have to automate PDFs as well, then I would definitely choose…
Akshay Pandey
Associate Systems Analyst at NSEiT Limited
Reliable and easy to use with good dashboards

What is our primary use case?

There are numerous use cases for the solution for various departments, including weight inspection, or trade ops, or compliance. It's often used for document processing. For example, we receive annual reports from lots of companies that are listed on the stock exchange. To check those reports, there has to be some specific tables and keywords that should be in the annual report of a company. For manually processing thousands of documents, it is not feasible. This solution makes it possible and it happens fast.

• "The dashboards are quite good, especially on the latest versions."
  • "The OCR tool, the optical character recognition tool, could be more efficient."

What other advice do I have?

We're partners. I started off with version 11, and currently, I'm working on 11.3.3. There's a new solution, RPA A2019. That's the new version. I have that certification, however, I have no projects for now on that. I'd recommend the solution. Automation Anywhere is a very good solution if you're looking to expand all your work areas. There are lots of businesses out there that say that they don't require this, however, once the solution is implemented using RPA, businesses themselves have a lot of time and resources to expand their research areas. The growth increases exponentially. I'd rate…
Learn what your peers think about BotFarm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AG
Digital Strategy Manager at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
Reliable and user-friendly with the capability to scale

What is our primary use case?

We use the Bot Farm solution for two use cases. One is for procurement and the other is for finance. Both use cases required the liquid license availability of the task bot. Therefore, at month-end or the middle of the month, the processing needs to be on a faster pace as we had SLA activity involved with the processing of the invoices and the financial auditing purpose. Basically, we use floating licenses which are automatically applied when there was a high peak on the load, and the floating licenses resulted in the shorter processing cycle of the activity.

• "The solution has been very user-friendly."
  • "The dashboard needs improvement. For Bot Farm, the visualization is not that good compared to the main Automation Anywhere dashboard."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer. Bot Farm is a cloud solution. We already have A2019, and Bot Farm is one of the products of Automation Anywhere. It's a cloud version we are using and due to it being on the cloud, it is always continuously updated to the latest version. Bot Farm is for firms that have reached a certain level of maturity. You don't require Bot Farm if you are having applications that are not consuming your licenses. It becomes very useful when you have a use case that has spiked the variation in the load. Regardless, you need to do the math correctly to get the ROI associated with the…
JG
Director at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
Manageable and scalable with good drag-and-drop functionality

What is our primary use case?

The product can technically be applied in any vertical - whether that's supply chain management, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, licenses, et cetera. We have used it for most of these verticals and various processes.

• "The solution is very manageable."
  • "The deployment could be simplified."

What other advice do I have?

We're partners. I am into consulting and my company is in consulting. Overall, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've largely been satisfied with their level of support and the capabilities, although the deployment could be easier. They have a lot of good features in place. As is typical for many of the RPA technologies, it's important to have a good design in place and that could resolve the development and the deployment.
RR
Manager Technical Solutions Architect at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Its scalability and portability are the most valuable, and it has helped us with process integrity and reduction of human errors and manual effort

What is our primary use case?

We have basically automated business operations and IT operation processes that require human intervention. These processes are also very repetitive and have chances of error. We have developed bots for such tasks, and as per our needs, we are scaling them up by using BotFarm. We have a hybrid deployment comprising Azure cloud and on-premises deployments.

• "BotFarm has been working perfectly fine with our business model. Its scalability is the most valuable feature. We can easily scale out bots on a need basis. Portability is another valuable feature. We work with different payment systems like Visa and MasterCard and have bots for them. Because of BotFarm, we are able to reuse these bots."
  • "The only challenge that we have faced with BotFarm is that there is no continuous deployment. The whole world is moving to the DevOps model, but BotFarm is still not on the DevOps model. It should have integration with the DevOps model. The migration of the bots or bots pipeline is currently purely manual."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to do a thorough discovery and walkthrough of processes and then decide based on what suits their requirements. Sometimes people think that they can go to a pure cloud model, hybrid model, or on-premises model, but they should first identify the requirements and processes. They should go for what is required for their organization's needs. They shouldn't go for BotFarm just because it is good. It should also meet their needs. I would rate BotFarm an eight out of ten. It is a good and evolving technology, and it can be very helpful for different business operations. I have…
SS
Senior RPA Developer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Plenty of features, cuts down on repetitive tasks, and priced well

What is our primary use case?

We are using the BotFarm tool to automate any repetitive task to fulfill our client's requirements.

• "The most valuable features are the portals for extracting data from PDF files, appending data to SAP, automating the SAP, downloading reports, and mapping and creating the reports accordingly to your requirements."
  • "The OCR command needs to improve. This feature is used to convert the extracted data from an image file. While converting this file I was facing a lot of issues with the data because it was getting lost and some of the data which was extracted was mismatched. The data loss was rated as a nine and the data accuracy was a massive decrease and was up to 80%."

What other advice do I have?

I am using Automation Anywhere which BotFarm is integrated and comes as a package. In this era, every large company is trying to implement ways to automate their processes using any Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool. Automation Anywhere comes highly recommended in the market as being very reliable. I would recommend this solution to others. I rate BotFarm a nine out of ten.
SN
Senior Principal Consultant at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Good backend system structure but the governance system is missing and the pricing could be improved

What is our primary use case?

At this time, we have used BotFarm but our implementation is not in a state that can be consumed and used by anyone. To this point, we have not found the value that we expected from this solution. We have multiple client-server installations. The majority of our deployments are on-premises, although one of them is cloud-based. Our primary use cases are across multiple industries including support functions for finance and IT.

• "The entire backend system structure is something that I found really valuable."
  • "I would like to have access to self-service support."

What other advice do I have?

I am hoping that once the entire concept of 2019 BotFarm is released, they will have a proper structure of monetization in place. We are hoping that the bots would be much more value-driven rather than just showcase capabilities. My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to understand the scalability, number one. They need to know what they are looking for. Then, user requirements are important. We've tried the lifecycle of the bots for research and we've found that you need to align it and integrate it with the insights from the performance engine, which is behind the scenes…
NN
Deputy General Manager - IT at a pharma/biotech company with 501-1,000 employees
Good dashboards and analytics with an easy initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily have different use cases within finance and HR as well as in IT operations.

• "The initial setup is pretty straightforward."
  • "We have connectivity and integration with pretty much every single tech stack across the table that we have in the world, and there are a few areas that they don't do that well yet. I'd be looking for some improvement there, in terms of their integration with certain products."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We're using the latest version of the solution right now. I would recommend the solution to other companies if they are looking at an extensive integration across the tech stack within their organization. I would advise that if a company seriously considers the product, that they speak really clearly with Automation Anywhere. They need to ensure that their company will have the support they need, and if they do, they should consider proceeding. Overall, we've been happy with the solution. I would rate it at a nine out of ten.
See 20 more BotFarm Reviews