Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Overview

Broadcom DX Application Performance Management is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Container Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to AppDynamics: Broadcom DX Application Performance Management vs AppDynamics

What is Broadcom DX Application Performance Management?

CA Application Performance Management (CA APM) is the solution global brands trust to proactively identify and resolve performance and availability issues across physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile applications. Patent-pending analytics provides expertise in the form of guided assisted triage workflows for in-depth, root-cause diagnostics across development and production applications, simplifying and speeding the time it takes to find and fix issues.

CA APM scales to your organization’s needs and automatically correlates multiple sources of data to help you sort through the data and act decisively, helping to improve user experience and application performance.

Broadcom DX Application Performance Management is also known as DX APM, CA APM, CA NetQoS Performance Center, Wily Introscope, CA Wily APM, CA App Experience Analytics, CA AXA.

Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Buyer's Guide

Download the Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Customers

Lexmark, Intermountain Healthcare, National Australia Bank, BBVA Compass Bank, Innovapost, Dansk Supermarked Group, U.S. Cellular, Orange, Cetip

Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Broadcom DX Application Performance Management pricing:
  • "All discounts are case by case to accommodate the client's budgets."
  • "It is definitely expensive for what we get, but there isn't an alternate option at the moment."
  • "The licensing costs are expensive."
  • "Broadcom is a better and cheaper option from the financial perspective. It also depends on the DLP plug."

SK
Product Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Has high pricing, needs better stability and requires more reliable ML/AI

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for monitoring such as network monitoring, application performance monitoring, infrastructure monitoring, et cetera. We also use it for the AI/ML to understand the kinds of effects that are coming from their different monitoring solutions. It can give a root cause analysis using multiple data points. It can monitor for and explain downtime and reduce the work of the ID operations team as it provides them with a root cause analysis for downtime events.

• "The initial setup is straightforward."
  • "The stability could be more reliable."

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-users. This solution does not have an on-premises deployment option. It is only available on the cloud. I would advise a company looking for a solution such as this first start do a POC, and really look for the results on the raw data, your own broad data, rather than just going with a company that hasn't been tested. You should place your data into the system and see how the AI/ML is working. If the result is you can get 60, 70, 80% accuracy, you should go with it. I'd rate the solution at a four out of ten. There are many aspects of the solution that still need…
Manish A. Parikh
ESM Engineer at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Has helped us in being proactive with in-depth analysis of app perf from an ESM perspective

What is our primary use case?

A new concept (APM) to be introduced in our workplace which was never there before. Never had visibility into application (layer) performance. Prior to this our main focus was on server and network hardware monitoring. Having visibility into app performance and backend layer has been quite an eye opener in putting together the entire picture for management. We've put together a complete portrait from an ESM (Enterprise Systems Management) perspective with Broadcom/CA Tools.

• "​Deep Dive and Transaction Analysis Triage capability.​"
  • "User Experience is a BIG one. Integration of all of APM components into one swift deployment."

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product and provides a lot of in-depth data. Focus and leverage this product as a deep dive one and have another layer above it (another high-level view product etc..)
Learn what your peers think about Broadcom DX Application Performance Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.
AlbertJurisic
CEO at Pio Pet d.o.o.
Monitors 24/7 Mmission critical apps with low overhead, quick and helpful reporting

What is our primary use case?

My users are satisfied with this solution, most are financial institutions such as banks. The primary use case is for the monitoring of business applications in production. Banks use it for monitoring Internet banking solutions, internal back-office applications that have high number of users distributed on many locations, monitoring back-office applications for card transaction processing, and also for front office applications monitoring. DX APM is also used in a test phase of apps life cycle especially during a performance testing.

• "The most valuable features are the low overhead, the ability to monitor production on 24/7 principle, the ability to decrease time to discover the point of failure in the IT infrastructure or the application environment in a short period of time, reporting for analyzing the performance of the application for improving the code optimizing process."
  • "You can sell licenses and install the full tool on service, you can show customers how to install, but how to use it and solve issues cannot be done without the experience."

What other advice do I have?

One of our customers has been using this solution for the last ten years since it was called Wily Introscope. They are really satisfied and they are buying more licenses, using the solution for the whole infrastructure. All of my clients are using on-premises installation licenses. Most of our clients are at the enterprise level and they are some of the largest banks in the region. Broadcom DX APM is not only a tool, it's a solution. We have experts who are there to offer assistance in exploring the solution to give the customers the maximum value. In my opinion, it's the best product on the…
Engineer at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good visibility and monitoring that is easy to use, but the configuration could be simplified

What is our primary use case?

We are a network operation center. We measure the performance of the system. We monitor the network and the application performance for any degradation in the performance of the system. If it is down then we need to get notified very quickly so that we can inform the consulting team to resolve the issue. We also have to inform the management of the incident management process, and the customer response team to notify the customer's agents.

• "I like that it gives you a wide range of data where you can see the application outage response from concurrent locations and the number of stalled jobs."
  • "It doesn't have a proper database, and the configuration is very difficult."

What other advice do I have?

I wouldn't recommend this solution. I don't have enough experience with AppDynamics but from what I have researched on YouTube and other sites, it seems that Appdynamics is definitely better than Broadcom. If they don't have anything in place, I can recommend Broadcom products, such as UAM and APM. It's easy but the configuration requires a lot to be done. I would rate Broadcom DS Application Performance Management a seven out of ten.
KN
Techincal Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable, straightforward to set up and use, and it has good network monitoring features

What is our primary use case?

We are a service and solution provider, and this is one of the monitoring products that we implement for our customers. The primary use case is network monitoring.

• "The features that I find most valuable are related to network monitoring."
  • "Technical support needs to be more responsive and address support tickets more quickly."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I continue to recommend to my customers. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
DC
Systems Consultant at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good memory and connection pool monitoring features, but better visibility into specified parameters would be helpful

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this product for monitoring our IBM WebSphere environment. It more generally monitors all of our JVMs for our web environments, used for all of our websites.

• "JVM memory monitoring and connection pool monitoring are valuable features."
  • "With respect to SQL monitoring, it would be nice to have a little more information because it doesn't provide the full statement all of the time."

What other advice do I have?

We did not implement the latest release because they made some big changes to the framework. They probably have some of the stuff in their newest release that we would like. However, we didn't do that because they went to Kubernetes and some other technology that we weren't ready to adopt because it isn't in our environment yet. Since Broadcom bought it, I would no longer recommend this product to other users. I think that they increased the price and the support isn't very good anymore. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
DR
Monitoring Tools Teamlead at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
It comes with a good user interface but lacks ease of configuration

• "The feature that I have found the most valuable is its user interface."
  • "They can make it easier to configure."

What other advice do I have?

You should look at the Broadcom DX version 11, which will be available from early 2021. It is a lot better than version 10.7. There are a lot of big upgrades in version 11. There are not a lot of differences between AppDynamics and Broadcom DX Application Performance Management version 11. The user interface of AppDynamics is better, and the configuration for AppDynamics is a little bit more straightforward. Broadcom offers a wider range and a bigger suite of applications. The APM module is just a part of it, whereas AppDynamics is a specialist at APM. AppDynamics is a better solution at the…
Ravi Suvvari
Performance and Fault-tolerance Architect with 1,001-5,000 employees
CA APM is a great transaction monitoring tool

What other advice do I have?

Definitely a good product, worth going for. Since I first reviewed the product here, about two years ago, I would currently not change my rating of eight out of ten. CA APM hasn't changed much in that time.
Download our free Broadcom DX Application Performance Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.