CA Cross-Enterprise Application Performance Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is CA Cross-Enterprise Application Performance Management?

CA Cross-Enterprise APM provides 24/7 monitoring of business transactions for complex application environments by monitoring the real-time performance of mainframe subsystems and providing CA Application Performance Management with this data on a single pane of glass.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

CA Cross-Enterprise Application Performance Management Customers
NIIT Technologies, Cetip Safeguards
CA Cross-Enterprise Application Performance Management Video

CA Cross-Enterprise Application Performance Management Reviews

SK
Product Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
Good technical support and scales well for cloud deployments but needs better UI

• "The technical support and documentation are quite good."
  • "The UI could be better. When I look at the dashboard, for example, the information looks cluttered and unorganized."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for monitoring, including the application performance management monitoring in order to monitor how our infrastructure is working, how the network is working, and the general monitoring of databases.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard is pretty good. I can filter it out based on the application layer, for example.

If I'm interested in how our data is working I can just go and take a look, or if I want to look at applications or filtering, I can look at that as well. I get pretty good visibility from multiple angles.

The technical support and documentation are quite good.

The cloud deployment model allows for pretty good scaling.

What needs improvement?

The UI could be better. When I look at the dashboard, for example, the information looks cluttered and unorganized. It needs to work on having better visual representations on hand for the users.

Sometimes you don't get real-time data on if an application goes down. I need to look for data points in the dashboard, and usually, it takes some time to get loaded into a system. Therefore, there's a delay in seeing the information that' the most important to us. It would be ideal if we had guaranteed real-time visibility on everything.

We have a few hiccups during deployment. It didn't go as smoothly as we hoped. It's a bit complex.

The solution could be more stable.

It would be useful if there was container monitoring and monitoring for Kubernetes. Analysts are expecting this.

The solution needs to ensure it is relevant for current complex IT environments.

I've been using the solution for at least the last 12 or so months. It's been a while.

There is still a lot of improvement that is needed in terms of stability. We figured out that it was not able to monitor or offer some forms of self-service capabilities. It's not fully reliable.

The more applications that are getting introduced into the organization, the faster the deployment needs to be for us. Overall, as a complete monitoring solution, if a new deployment is coming up, and takes too much time to get running, it may affect the overall monitoring prospect for us. On-premises, for example, it's a bit limiting. However, the cloud is much more effective in terms of scaling big and fast.

On my project, we have about 300 users using the solution.

I'm not sure if we have plans to increase the solution at this time. If a new application is being onboarded and it needs monitoring, it's a possibility that we might require it to scale.

The documentation and the technical support are both quite good. We're quite happy with the level of service we receive.

We did an agent deployment that needed to collect some metrics. In retrospect, there were a couple of hiccups. I figured it out when I was just trying to deploy different agents on different applications. I realized it totally depends on which application you are using. Some applications take more time to deploy. There's a bit of complexity involved.

The full deployment took about two weeks or so to complete.

We currently pay for a yearly subscription.

The pricing is a very complex thing. New Relic and Dynatrace are just much more economic, or, at least, offer a better value. This solution seems to charge differently for different features.

We did evaluate other solutions before choosing this product. We evaluated Dynatrace and New Relic.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user.

I would recommend this solution, however, I would also advise that a company check their requirements and if their existing and possible future applications will be compatible. Otherwise, not everything may be monitored correctly.

I would rate the solution at a six out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)