CA EEM [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is CA EEM [EOL]?
CA Embedded Entitlements Manager (CA EEM) allows applications to share common access policy management, authentication, and authorization services.

CA EEM [EOL] is also known as eTrust Identity & Access Management, CA Embedded Entitlements Manager.

Download the Identity Management (IM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

CA EEM [EOL] Customers
Banese

Archived CA EEM [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Tech Specialist at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees

What is most valuable?

There hasn't been much value for us in using this solution, but it does have LDAP integrated log-ins for CA apps.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped our managers in measuring application SLAs and viewing historical performance data.

What needs improvement?

We’ve had consistent issues with this application. We also found it to be overly complex to use and configure. Fortunately, this is being phased out, I believe.

I've used it for 18 months.

We've had issues with deployment. Apparently installing on Windows rather than Linux might be easier.

We have had many issues with the stability. It's consistently unstable.

Our failover solution has been unreliable.

The technical support has been quite good, but issues generally have to be escalated to second-level straight away, though they seem to be a slightly different team or partner.

The company has used a different solution, but I haven’t personally.

The initial setup is complex. It’s a large suite of products that need to fit into a large complex organization.

It's not something I deal with, but off-hand comments seem to indicate that it is more expensive than expected.

it_user347988
Senior Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees

Valuable Features

It provides us with the ability to tap into Active Directory, or if we wanted to use it to just build a local store of users, we can do that as well.

It does what we ask it to do, which is basically to never go down. EEM is pretty strong and it's always there when we need it, but there is really no "wow" factor for me with EEM.

Improvements to My Organization

I think we have EEM because there are some components that we need. There'd be no reason to have EEM if we didn't have some of the other service management components like APM, Service Desk, and Process Automation.

It allows us to build links to different organization units from different Active Directory environments. It does what we need it to do, which is to make that connection to Active Directory.

Room for Improvement

I can't think of anything that could be improved, except for maybe the missing "wow" factor where we'd have it irrespective of the other CA products.

No issues deploying it.

EEM is always up, and very rarely do I have to get involved with an EEM machine. It offers a redundancy-type of thing where if I have a pair of EEM servers and one goes away, the other one is going to be there for any kind of authentication activity that it's called on to do.

We haven't had to look at it from a scalability standpoint, but we are definitely happy with the fact that we have been able to build out a full-tolerant environment.

The one or two times I've had to open up an issue, I've dealt with some people who have been good.

It was actually an educational experience, which was very much appreciated. The issue that I opened up, they worked with me and I actually got to learn some of the debugging techniques and that sort of thing.

It was easy.

Other Advice

It's always up and it's always there for me. To really use and configure EEM I think it's very important that you have is a pretty good knowledge of Active Directory.