Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver is the #15 ranked solution in our list of MDR Services. It is most often compared to Arctic Wolf AWN CyberSOC: Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver vs Arctic Wolf AWN CyberSOC

What is Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver?

Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection provides a much needed view into attacks with recommendations for the policy changes needed to remediate the threat. Managed Detection Analysts notify service subscribers via email of threats and provide specific policy changes to address the threat in Carbon Black Cloud Next Gen AV and Behavioral EDR. Built directly on the Carbon Black Cloud platform, CB Managed Detection is staffed by a world-class team of security experts who monitor and analyze the data in the Carbon Black Cloud using advanced machine learning and algorithmic tool sets.

Download the Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver Customers
Coincheck, Mednax, Charles River, Chick-fil-A, Netflix, Domino's Pizza
Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver pricing:
  • "The price of this solution is inexpensive compare with others. The company went out of its way to provide us with a favorable discount. However, there is room for improving the current licensing model and the price of some of the fees. The model is complex and could be streamlined."

Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver Reviews

Shahnawaz Kahn
Division head Information Security and Governance at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Helps business innovation, plenty of features, and priced well

• "The valuable features are threat hunting, threat intelligence feeds, and it culls all the activities of the endpoint. Additionally, the ML and AI engines are really good."
  • "In the future, it would be great if they could provide endpoint management and the ADR solution together in this package."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution to enhance our standard endpoint protection to the next-level detection and response. We want to ensure maximum security protection for our information assets by using some of the advanced features, such as malware detection and IOCs.

How has it helped my organization?

Carbon Black has helped us innovate. When we were using Symantec Endpoint Protection for the last three years in our organization and it was not doing a very good job in the security threat landscape in terms of a complete risk assessment. We wanted to go deeper into the threat management for our information assets. This is where Carbon Black has been phenomenal for us, it has detected many security concerns. It has given us a complete overview of what has been happening on our information assets.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are threat hunting, threat intelligence feeds, and it culls all the activities of the endpoint. Additionally, the ML and AI engines are really good.

What needs improvement?

In the future, it would be great if they could provide endpoint management and the ADR solution together in this package.

I have been using this solution for two months.

I have been running Carbon Black on my laptop for the last three months and I have not had any problems with the stability. The performance has been good and the threat detection false positive rate is low.

The solution is very flexible. You can customize the intelligence feeds to your organization's policies, the detection and response analysis gives informative dashboard reports. Since it is a cloud-based model, there is no need to have any hardware in the office or on the premises. It is very simple and intuitive.

The technical support is very good.

In my personal experience, I have used Microsoft ATP Defender and CrowdStrike.

The initial setup was very easy.

When we were doing the initial proof of concept we did the implementation by ourselves. However, during the project rollout, we will have a partner do the implementation.

The price of this solution is inexpensive compare with others. The company went out of its way to provide us with a favorable discount. However, there is room for improving the current licensing model and the price of some of the fees. The model is complex and could be streamlined.

We have evaluated other solutions, such as FireEye, Symantec, and Microsoft, and we have found that this solution is better.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those wanting to implement this solution to thoroughly evaluate the organizational needs, current security best practices, and determine their threat landscape. They should evaluate different product functionalities between solutions, such as Carbon Black, CrowdStrike, and Microsoft Defender ATP. Then make a justifiable business technical comparison on the pricing and choose which solution has the best fit overall.

I rate Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver an eight out of ten.

SA
Vice President Information Technology at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A stable and easily installable solution for providing endpoint protection

What is our primary use case?

I do not recall which version we are using.  We use the solution for end point protection.

What is most valuable?

The greatest value of MDR involves the tests, reporting and alerts, so that we may respond immediately.

We've been using Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver for around four years.

The stability has been great. We haven't had any issues.

The solution is very scalable. All a person need do is add stuff to his organization and go from there.

What is our primary use case?

I do not recall which version we are using.

We use the solution for end point protection.

What is most valuable?

The stability has been great. We haven't had any issues.

It has been awhile since we have needed to make use of tech support, as things are mostly intuitive. From what I recall, it was fine.

The initial setup was very straightforward. In any event, most of it is done through the web. Once a person gets his organization set up, then it's really easy.

The deployment took too long, although I don't remember its exact duration.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Carbon Black Cloud Managed Detection Deliver as a nine out of ten. It's actually been pretty good.

Download our free Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Carbon Black, Arctic Wolf Networks, Blackpoint Cyber, and more!