Changepoint Daptiv OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Changepoint Daptiv is #7 ranked solution in top Project Portfolio Management tools. IT Central Station users give Changepoint Daptiv an average rating of 8 out of 10. Changepoint Daptiv is most commonly compared to Broadcom Clarity PPM:Changepoint Daptiv vs Broadcom Clarity PPM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is Changepoint Daptiv?
Daptiv by Changepoint is an industry-leading Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) solution that helps businesses connect strategy to execution. Plan and monitor your portfolios from a top-down perspective to ensure you’re investing in the right projects to align with the overarching goals of your business.

Changepoint Daptiv was previously known as Daptiv, Changepoint.

Changepoint Daptiv Buyer's Guide

Download the Changepoint Daptiv Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

Changepoint Daptiv Customers
AOS Studley, Austrian Airlines, bpost bank, Employees Provident Fund, Stena Metall, VitalityHealth, Precor
Changepoint Daptiv Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Changepoint Daptiv pricing:
  • "It's a yearly license, but it's not an open license. It's based on users and their roles. So your administrator is priced differently from your timesheet user."
  • "The licensing is pretty complex. Each kind of user is a different price. It's approximately $300 per year. They charge additional fees for technical support and other additional services."

Changepoint Daptiv Reviews

BM
Managing Director at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Strong analytics and capacity-planning

• "I like the reporting engine, IBM Cognos, especially the analytics. That's a good tool. It's quite strong on the ideation and capacity-planning side, which is a huge plus."
  • "It would also be nice to see some improvements on the IBM Cognos Analytics. There's still work to be done on the analytics side of things, like your condition formality."

What is our primary use case?

Because I'm running a consultancy firm, we use it for the PSA side of the business, but we also do implementations and convert PMOs. So the use case would be helping the organizations reach maturity level, i.e. going from not having an application or using multiple solutions to having a single source of truth application that they would use.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It would be great to have what Xero does in a PPM solution—integration with an ITFM kind of tool. I'm not sure if there's any tool out there on the market that's doing that, but it would be great to see how they incorporate ITFM into the PPM services space. It would also be nice to see some improvements on the IBM Cognos Analytics. There's still work to be done on the analytics side of things, like your condition formality. On the tool itself, they've done quite a bit to improve functionality. While the user interface is quite good, it could offer some customization features. Since it's a cloud solution, they could let each client choose their own color schemes based on their corporate colors.

I've been using Changepoint for at least seven years.

We've never experienced any downtime where we haven't had access to the application.

The scalability is quite good. We've done a couple of integrations. The last one that we did was with Oracle. So it's been good.

I would rate Changepoint's technical support about nine out of 10. In terms of critical support, then it's a 10. On issues where you have to implement a workaround, I would give them a seven. All in all, it hasn't been a dreadful experience.

The initial setup was straightforward. We did need a bit of training. I went to Amsterdam for that. Changepoint has quite a lot of material on their website as well, and there are videos on YouTube.  There are many partners who are willing to share use cases and experiences.

It's a yearly license, but it's not an open license. It's based on users and their roles. So your administrator is priced differently from your timesheet user. They also offer volume-based discounts. Once you reach a certain number of licensed users that places you in a certain bracket, it offers you a discount. The pricing model is quite flexible, instead of just an annual subscription or a multi-year subscription.

I'm happy with the pricing, considering that it's an American solution. Any time you're converting from US dollars to any other currency it tends to be a bit expensive. But in comparison to other tools in the market, I think the price is fair.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Changepoint nine out of 10. The experience with Changepoint has been great considering that most organizations won't use 90% of the application's features. To those thinking about adopting Changepoint, I would recommend getting all the in-house processes and policies in place before deploying a solution. Once processes and policies are clear internally and in alignment with what you want to achieve, then it's easier. Then making a change on the management side of things isn't dreadful for the organization.

Private Cloud

Other
JM
IT Project Data Analyst at a wholesaler/distributor with 10,001+ employees
Outdated UI, charges extra for technical support, and has a lot of useless features

• "The timekeeping features are great and very helpful."
  • "I find the solution has an excessive amount of features. Many aren't even kept current. Some aren't useful at all. There's an overall lack of coherence within the solution. It can make the execution difficult. Many features can easily be eliminated and it would help streamline the solution. They should get rid of 80% of the features and then really focus on the leftover 20% to make it a really great product."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for tracking our projects. That includes tracking our projects holistically, and tracking time, general financials, and status reporting.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is probably just the project repository. It's a great place to keep our projects.

The timekeeping features are great and very helpful.

What needs improvement?

The user interface needs a lot of work. If find that the UX/UI in general is pretty clunky. It could be much better.

We have been using the solution since maybe the beginning of 2019. It's been almost two years or so.

The solution is pretty stable. I'd rate it four out of five. It's quite good. I can't recall any issues. I don't remember dealing with any glitches or bugs, and I can't recall it ever crashing on us.

You are able to scale the solution if you need to. I'd say it's pretty good in that regard.

We have about 190 users on the solution right now in our IT segment. It's mostly people doing timekeeping. We also have project managers and portfolio managers on the solution as well.

I've dealt with technical support in the past and so far I have to say I've always had a good experience. I'd rate them four out of five.

That said, new users need to be aware that they do tend to charge for their services once you ask for anything behind just a ticket.

I can't really speak to the initial setup. I don't know if it's complex or straightforward. I was hired as the company was finishing the implementation, so I missed the initial setup and full deployment.

Since it's a cloud solution, an SaaS, they tend to let us know when downtime will happen for maintenance. The solution handles the maintenance on their end.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the product.

I'm not sure which version of the solution we are using. It's on the cloud, so it is probably the latest version of the solution.

I probably wouldn't advise someone else to go with Daptiv. I'd probably tell a company to go with a timekeeping app, or, if they're trying to do project tracking, there's probably a different SaaS project tracking app or solution that would be better.

Overall, I'd rate the solution four out of ten. There are other solutions that may be more suitable. This solution lacks a lot of UI and is overstuffed with too many features that daren't useful.

Learn what your peers think about Changepoint Daptiv. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2021.
553,954 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Territory Manager LATAM at It Business Edge
It allows you to include empty document forms, which must be completed and signed on project execution.
I want to share another Daptiv PPM feature - the usage of templates and management. All of us who have managed projects, or simply structured an action plan, have looked back on previous experiences by searching our personal files, either from past work, previous projects, university assignments, etc., in order to not replicate the extensive work that sometimes means creating a plan or project from scratch.  What we usually do, is use a previous plan as a reference and template, and make some adjustments based on tasks names, tasks durations, and the date. The use of Daptiv templates is highly flexible, that allows any Daptiv project to be potentially turned into a template. Daptiv use a small wizard to generate templates, in which we can save. Tasks People Folder…

Daptiv use a small wizard to generate templates, in which we can save.

• Tasks
  • People
  • Folder Structure
  • Documents
  • Risks
  • Issues
  • Dynamic applications, etc.

They are very useful because the PMO project management methodology can be contained in it, saving time, and used as a project managers guide for not omitting checkpoints, or what documents needed to be filled.

A Peruvian banker shared with me his great experience in the use of templates, and how this Daptiv feature improved Ripley's IT department's adherence to the project management method.

The Ripley IT-PMO Manager (Lima, Peru), Wilfredo Espinoza Guillen, who’s also mastered the use of PMI methodology, and PRINCE-2, analyzed a couple of years ago, the cost benefit of using Daptiv PPM tool. Wilfredo is a pioneer and I’m pretty sure he is the first PMP to use and implement Daptiv in Peru.

Using his own words it "was very gratifying for me, the Daptiv templates use, it has allowed us to permeate the project management methodology adoption in all company areas, banking, retail, strategic planning, etc. . "

These words certainly gave me great satisfaction, because Daptiv replaced the use of their old PPM tool (a very expensive one). They finally decided to save a hundreds of thousands of dollars with this change, and the Ripley ROI analysis become very positive.

In 2014 I had to travel to Peru to work with Wilfredo, and in that time we only worked with the Ripley Bank development team (about 50 PM's mostly PMP certified). He was responsible for the continuation of the adoption of various project management methods for retail (Ripley is a big department store chain, based in Chile). Strategic Planning adopted Daptiv use this year 2015 for initiatives recording and analysis of new business at Ripley Peru.

Daptiv templates give you a world of possibilities, no matter the PMI maturity level the company have. It's always be simple by copying a work plan, with proposed average times, and the required milestones on schedule. You may also want include people, such as PMO quality control staff, who monitor and measure project results, and other people that must be imminently integrated into each PMO administered project.

Also, it allows you to include empty document forms, which must be completed and signed on project execution. We can also integrate dynamic applications such as the results of software development test sets that must be published online. This mostly required for companies that are observed by entities such as Sarbanes Oxley, etc., or that must meet service quality certifications.

The way you can generate Daptiv templates is incredibly simple, as well the high impact of their use within organizations.

​Effectively Manage Business Initiatives using Daptiv PPM
Hi again, I'm on my way to a new project! It will keep me busy for few months so, I wanted to share this information now, writing it later will be more difficult, so I'll use the trip to do so. All projects are born from good ideas, these include: very special customer requirements, improved product, new product development, change to the way things are done at an office, etc. Ideas that begin maturation, documentation and support process. Daptiv is a SaaS platform that allows easy Portfolio Project Management, one of its functions is precisely "Workspace Request" management. I can imagine everybody's face regarding the name, Workspace Request? Well everything inside Daptiv is a workspace, such as: A Project, Small Intranet, Shared file cabinet, etc. So anyone can request a…

Daptiv is a SaaS platform that allows easy Portfolio Project Management, one of its functions is precisely "Workspace Request" management. I can imagine everybody's face regarding the name, Workspace Request? Well everything inside Daptiv is a workspace, such as: A Project, Small Intranet, Shared file cabinet, etc. So anyone can request a workspace, equivalent to business initiatives collection.

A great Daptiv feature is that it allows registration not only using a username and password, but it can easily generate web forms, which can be easily integrated into your Intranet or Internet website.

This is very useful! A good example that I have in my mind, is a project that we develop at my country "Guanajuato City Government", The public Internet information website, has Daptiv web forms, where citizens could report a pothole, garbage collection services issue, water or gas leaks, etc. Each of these requests were handled in Daptiv, some of them were managed as maintenance tasks, others possibly become complete construction projects.

In Daptiv, personnel were assigned to a workspace as necessary team member to address people reports, verifying their available time and other assignments. Also costs were updated as tasks advanced. All this information allowed the Governor obtain statistical data; catered events, times and costs, during his Government Time.

Initiatives may include up to 99 custom profile fields, this is more than enough to integrate score initiative factors such as; Urgency, Cost, Strategic alignment, etc. We can also integrate information to improve decision making; which shall be converted into a project or a program.

We can decide which fields should be filled by the requesting user, and the others are only for internal company use.

You can supplement information integrating needed resource types, such as: Oracle DBA, Java2EE Senior Developer, etc. Not knowing yet who (which person) it will be, but defining required hours and month, this is how human resources are integrated to budget needs.

Initiatives depending on their category or workspace type can be submitted with an authorization policy, with this feature you can prevent to not overload the evaluation project committee. If they decided that an Initiative should simply run later, the records are not only still there, all those good ideas as well, otherwise they could possibly be forgotten in a USB once used or on someone's desk. Daptiv can integrate as many approvers as required, but they will need a full user to login and approve or decline.

Just remember successful companies are definitively; The sum of put into practice good ideas, which many of them come from Employees, Customers or Counselors, and Daptiv is one of the most appropriate tool to manage them, without infrastructure investment requirements, you just can access the tool from any Internet connected device.

I hope this information will be useful for you, and soon I will write about generating Daptiv projects, and templates use.

Territory Manager LATAM at It Business Edge
Do not be afraid to migrate to cloud solutions

What is our primary use case?

Ferromex in Mexico used Dapytiv as their project management platform, they administrate IT projects and construction projects as well

How has it helped my organization?

I started using Daptiv PPM at SAP R/3, 22 modules implementation, with an over 80 functional team members, in different geographic locations. Definitely gave us the opportunity to centralize all schedules per module, and assemble work teams for each subproject, binding them with co-dependent tasks in other modules. This type of tool allowed us to finish the backoffice stage just a week behind the original baseline, a real record for SAP R/3 implementation.

What is most valuable?

Definitely the powerful collaboration, the fact that you can adjust flexibility to almost any methodology, and the easy creation of complete new functionalities without programming code.

What needs improvement?

Other expenses management and simulation scenarios, budget control could be a great and useful feature to include

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Very good customer service.

Very good technical support.

We previously used Microsoft Project Server and IBM Rational.

The initial setup was very easy, its a very intuitive tool.

A local dealer and they have very good experience and tool knowledge, made implementation easy for us.

Depends on the size of the portfolio projects, but must be less than 3 months.

The best part of Daptiv PPM implementation is that Professional Services are paid only once in Setup phase, it depends on the complexity (a very basic model $6,000 USD), but if methodology is very complex, takes about 9 implementation weeks for about $18,000 USD, and subsequently yearly licensing is less expensive than the stand-alone version of the most popular project software on the market.

Microsoft Project Server and IBM Rational.

What other advice do I have?

My advice is: Do not be afraid to migrate to cloud solutions... Information is often safer at the cloud than our own infrastructure. When you begin Daptiv PPM implementation, make sure that the consultant understands perfectly your requirements and the reports you need, in order to get a better implementation service rate and guarantee that the company methodology will be embedded in your environment.

Helmut Friesl
Owner at CBG Informatik GmbH
Good reporting, providing a clear view of the project status and needs

What is our primary use case?

We use Changepoint to perform Multi-Project Management with more than 100 resources in different projects.

How has it helped my organization?

Changepoint gives us a view of the project status and needs very clearly, which are things that we used to miss with MS Project and Excel.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the reporting functionality.

What needs improvement?

This solution needs more standard connectors to other solutions i.e. to Infor ERP, Confluence, ...

I have been using Changepoint Daptiv for three years.

100% availabilty

Works fine and is usabl for companies …

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the reporting functionality.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Changepoint Daptiv for three years.

100% availabilty

Works fine and is usabl for companies

Works well

Prior to using Changepoint, we used Microsoft Project.

Straghtforward

In-house with little support

Hard to say, today we know much more about our projects health

Complete Daptiv Package was better

Clarity, MS PRoject

What other advice do I have?

Reporting Engine

Private Cloud