Check Point Harmony Email & Office Overview

Check Point Harmony Email & Office is the #3 ranked solution in our list of Cloud Workload Security Solutions. It is most often compared to Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks: Check Point Harmony Email & Office vs Prisma Cloud by Palo Alto Networks

What is Check Point Harmony Email & Office?

Phishing emails become more sophisticated by the day and can be the start of lateral attacks across organizations, leading to huge losses.

Harmony Email & Office detects and blocks the most advanced phishing attacks across inbound and internal communications in real time – before they reach users.

Check Point Harmony Email & Office is also known as Check Point CloudGuard, Check Point CloudGuard SaaS .

Check Point Harmony Email & Office Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Harmony Email & Office Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

Check Point Harmony Email & Office Customers

Helvetia, Denham Capital, Daymark Solutions, Neopharm Group

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Harmony Email & Office pricing:
  • "One of the nice features is that the licensing model is elastic, so if you go over your license count, you can add users during your billing cycle and true-up later."
  • "There are absolutely no additional costs to the standard licensing fees. One of the wonderful pieces is that CloudGuard SaaS is all-inclusive in its licensing. There's no a-la-carte functionality. You're getting 100 percent of the product for the licensing that you're paying."
  • "The pricing and licensing are always negotiable."
  • "You can get CloudGuard as part of Infinity. When you do the solution through Infinity, it's a per user type of license cost."
  • "I'm in this business as a system integrator, so I need to suggest Check Point to some customers who are comparing products. I sell Check Point, Fortinet, and Palo Alto solutions. In terms of licensing, this solution is quite competitive but very costly. For someone looking at security as a primary concern, they should only invest in Check Point. For a customer who is looking at security combined with pricing, Check Point might not be the core solution for them. In today's market, customers are looking for effective security with efficient pricing, and Check Point is not suitable for these types of customers."
  • "The difference between [Check Point and its competitors] boiled down to money. Price-wise, Check Point was very good, it was very competitive."
  • "Cost is the main concern that every customer takes into consideration, and Check Point always negotiates a price that is affordable."
  • "Being able to keep the phishing campaigns out of my company has been ROI for me."
  • "Do a full feature evaluation (interactive) with a support person. That is what I did."
  • "Reasonable cost, quick and easy implementation, and transparent."

DA
Manager Firewall and Security at W.R. Grace & Co.
Daily phishing attacks are no longer negatively impacting us, and we no longer have data exfiltration

What is our primary use case?

We have 4,000 users globally, dispersed all over the world including at our manufacturing locations. The CloudGuard SaaS solution is protecting our Office 365 email environment as well as our Office 365 OneDrive environment from malware and other malicious content. Our CloudGuard Connect instance is protecting our remote plants and acting as a cloud-based firewall enforcement point that is 100 percent managed in the cloud as opposed to on-prem.

• "The feature I find to be most valuable is very much the zero-touch provisioning. I was able to be up, operational, and 100 percent functional in less than a half an hour."
  • "if a phishing email were to get through and bypass the product — which very few do — it would be nice if, when a user clicked on that phishing email, they got a second-chance opportunity, a chance to double-check that they really wanted to proceed to that website."

What other advice do I have?

They have two different products. One is CloudGuard SaaS, the other is CloudGuard Connect. The biggest advice I would give is don't go in with fear. Go in confident, because the product is almost too good to be true and it's simple. It really is as simple as it seems, and you will see value within the first 30 minutes of the product running. The biggest lesson I have learned from using this solution is that visibility is key, and this product has given me more visibility into the attack vectors that our company is under on a daily basis. It has enabled us to then pivot and look at other…
CISO at IMC Companies
Gives a lot of time back to admins and simplifies our overall operations

What is our primary use case?

During the PoC, we have Office 365 linked to CloudGuard, which validates and checks all of the emails that come in and out. It is also checking and looking for anomalies during logon, e.g., in possible traveling type of scenarios, as we see business emails get compromised. Those pieces of it are really slick. It also provides you with a lot of reports and visibility on the environment. Sometimes things are not native on Office 365 or you have to purchase additional licensing, but on CloudGuard you have a single pane of glass with all the metrics you need. It gives you a lot of information. For… more »

• "It is very intuitive. It is a point and click type of deal."
  • "It provides visibility of events, what's going on with the environment, what we're missing with our other solution, and the user behavior."
  • "The NAVEX metrics that I have been using on the CloudGuard dashboard cannot be exported. If they were to add report exporting capabilities on each of metric objects on the dashboard, that would be awesome."

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework. Make sure that you have a good understanding of what tools are part of the solution and make a decision whether you're going to go SaaS or on-prem. My recommendation would be just to go SaaS, as it's a lot easier. You don't have to worry about servers or resources, as it's just on the cloud. If you use a third-party to help you implement the solution, it's good to use someone you trust and has experience on the product. Check Point has a lot of tools for analysis. This solution is just as good. Some of the the nice features that you can do with it, we're not doing them today…
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Email & Office. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Security Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Has efficient, effective security features, but the solution is costly

What is our primary use case?

This solution is not for our organization. We are system integrators. We have some projects for our clients, and one of our clients was looking for CloudGuard because they use Check Point Firewall for their on-premise. There are a number of machines and critical servers that they have hosted in AWS; 15 to 20 servers and application servers are hosted in the AWS platform. For those, we have applied Check Point IaaS Firewall for their security and firewall protection. We are using the stable version that was published in March.

• "For Threat Prevention, I was impressed with this feature and the solution's effectiveness. It has been very good."
  • "Getting reports and finding threats in the console is easy."
  • "Other vendor support teams go after fixing the issue the moment that they join the remote session. The problem that I have faced with Check Point support is that they share the case number with me, then it takes at least two days for them to join a remote session with us, even though we have asked for this timeframe to change. Even though we have already explained the problems that we are facing or the business pain points in our network on the call or email, we have to repeat the problem statements again in the console. It can take four or five days to resolve the issue from the moment they understand the problem. This includes the time to teach their R&D or internal team whatever the issue is. I have faced timeframes as long as seven to 10 days for fixing some issues."

What other advice do I have?

The security features have been good. The pricing and licensing strategies have been average, but Check Point's support has been the worst. I would rate the solution as a seven out of 10.
KC
IT Security Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Sifts through and quarantines phishing emails for us, enabling us to check them further

What is our primary use case?

We use it to secure an email gateway.

• "We need the phishing detection and email quarantine. Once an email is considered malicious, it stays in the quarantine where we can interrogate it. We can check out why it was quarantined and see if it should be delivered to the individual."
  • "We still get some false positives. There are times when legitimate stuff gets flagged and it could be that somebody is expecting a very important email but they don't end up getting it. On the flip side, when we alert Check Point about stuff like this, it is corrected, so they are improving. That's a plus."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you do your homework and compare all the possible vendors to ensure that you get what you really want out of a solution like this. The biggest lesson I have learned from using CloudGuard is that even legitimate emails can look suspicious. You need to take that little extra step to check them.
Senior Security Analyst at Atos
Good support, protects against zero-day attacks, and provides good visibility

What is our primary use case?

This perimeter firewall provides me control over my perimeter servers and devices. Current Cloud applications are getting good protection from CASB solutions, but are limited to data leakage and application control. Beyond that, I require something to monitor my data that flows inside of my cloud application. Sophisticated threats like zero-day attacks can't be control by CASB solutions, Instead, we are required to have something that can work using Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning algorithms. This helps to defend my cloud applications against today's attacks.

• "Based on domain and URL reputation, it will allow traffic to flow."
  • "Cloud Guard would be a complete solution if Check Point added a comprehensive data loss solution that included capabilities such as bulk data transfer detection."
Senior Network/Security Engineer at Skywind Group
Offers advanced visibility using good monitoring and alerting capabilities

What is our primary use case?

About one year ago, we decided to switch from the on-premises located email server, based on Zimbra software, to the cloud-based Office 365 provided by Microsoft. We did this because of the increased load that followed after the company's growth. To provide the security coverage to the new email service, we chose the Check Point CloudGuard SaaS solution. Now it serves as the main protection mechanism, with about 500 users and up to 10,000 emails per day, and there are no problems with the scalability for future growth.

• "As with most of the other Check Point products, the CloudGuard SaaS has the advanced visibility of the events and alerts."
  • "From time to time, the system's administrators notice the increase in the false-positive alerts being reported by CloudGuard SaaS."
DD
Technology Security Manager at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Intercepts phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, and false links

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for email protection, though the analytics provided with respect to data leakage and user login activity is invaluable.

• "It seems quite scalable. We don't anticipate any scaling issues. We have it deployed in the cloud."
  • "The most valuable features would be its ability to intercept phishing emails and emails laden with malware, viruses, false links, etc."
  • "Stability has been a pain point. I was going back and forth with my product engineer and project manager for a couple of months. I had the product in a demonstration mode and wasn't satisfied with the results initially. After a few alterations and a few revisions later, it is fine."

What other advice do I have?

I have been quite pleased with the solution. You have nothing to lose by trying out Check Point. I would rate it an eight out of ten with room for improvement.
Responsable de Ciberseguridad. CISO at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
Prompt and professional support, good threat visibility, and integrates well with Office365

What is our primary use case?

We have the entire email infrastructure based on Office 365, as well as the file-sharing environment using OneDrive, and Teams as a communication tool. We did not have a specific technology to protect this environment, except that which was provided by Microsoft. After analyzing the market, we opted for the CheckPoint SaaS solution to cover all of these needs, which has led to a considerable leap in the company's security. In this way, we now have a secure environment throughout the Office 365 platform, integrated into our SIEM and monitored by our SOC.

• "The first most remarkable thing is the integration with the Office 365 solution, which is easy, fast, and totally transparent for the user."
  • "Check Point has to continue refining the intelligence engine to minimize the number of false positives."

What other advice do I have?

All these types of tools are gradually refining the intelligence engines that minimize the number of false positives. It is a constant and evolving work that Check Point knows very well and keeps very active. One of the functionalities that are in the process of coming out is the protection of Teams, a tool that in the current telework situation is essential. This will represent a new leap in communications security. In any case, Check Point is working on its entire new Harmony environment and surely new ones will appear in the coming months.
See 2 more Check Point Harmony Email & Office Reviews